PDA

View Full Version : Black Ops Double XP Weekend 26th-28th Nov!

OneSpankyBadger
11-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Hey guys,

Thought I'd share what I just found! This weekend is the first Double XP weekend (http://www.codblackopsblog.com/black-ops-double-xp-coming-next-week/) across all systems!

Happy hunting! :cheers:

Borlaxx
11-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Think my wife would get upset if I told her I was going to spend our ten year anniversary playing BO because it is a double xp weekend? b-(

OneSpankyBadger
11-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Do what I did and buy her a Spa treatment as a gift. That's 3-4 hours playing time guarenteed ;)

Borlaxx
11-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Great idea, but we are saving every penny right now since we are baby broke (our second on the way in January). I plan on giving her a foot and back rub, so I guess I will be the spa, and hopefully in return I will get some "play time" playing Call of Booty. Since it has been awhile, it may not take me long to prestige.

Raider
11-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Thank goodnees this weekend is my birthday weekend. My plans are up to me............but we all know that doesn't guarantee a dang thing. LOL

But I do hope to take advantage of the double XP weekend. Still probably won't catch up to Tcat though. =))

Jackie R
11-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the news Badger. I should be on Friday around 10 so at least I should get some benefit from double XP weekend. http://theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

OneSpankyBadger
11-22-2010, 11:56 AM
No worries. Although I'm a bit concerned now I've read it a couple of times, as it doesn't mention PS3 at all. Only Xbox. They wouldn't screw us like that though. Would they? :-ss

johnboy
11-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Just looked it up and nearly headline says xbox double xp weekend. Unless it's in the deal with microsoft that xbox excusively get the first double xp weekend. I hope it's not just xbox though. Us Wii players got royally screwed with only 1 or 2 douple xp weekends for reflex, in the year it was out.

Borlaxx
11-22-2010, 01:26 PM
No worries. Although I'm a bit concerned now I've read it a couple of times, as it doesn't mention PS3 at all. Only Xbox. They wouldn't screw us like that though. Would they? :-ss
I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest, as Microsoft routinely bribes Activision. It is no secret that Microsoft throws tons of money at Activision to get the maps packs first before any other system.

theczech99
11-22-2010, 03:51 PM
I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest, as Microsoft routinely bribes Activision. It is no secret that Microsoft throws tons of money at Activision to get the maps packs first before any other system.
RDR is also having 4 days of double XP this weekend. If BO double XP is out for the PS3, I'll be working on getting my buffalo.

Sup3rman
11-23-2010, 12:04 PM
Damn it!! My in laws are coming for Thanksgiving..probably won't get to play at all!!! :cuss:

Psalm
11-23-2010, 12:24 PM
Has anyone heard any more if this is on the PS3 as well?

dinsdale1978
11-23-2010, 01:07 PM
I can't find a thing about a PS3/PC weekend. Though Treyarch hasn't announced the 360 deal officially. The message seemed to come from XBox Live so maybe they are going to announce this soon for everyone. If they only do it for XBox they are going to hear a lot more bitching than they did from snipers. [-(

xMisFitToyx
11-24-2010, 08:18 AM
I can't find a thing about a PS3/PC weekend. Though Treyarch hasn't announced the 360 deal officially. The message seemed to come from XBox Live so maybe they are going to announce this soon for everyone. If they only do it for XBox they are going to hear a lot more bitching than they did from snipers. [-(

On the Black Ops Blog website...they are claiming that this is not going to be a double XP weekend...it is set for a future date.... :((

theczech99
11-24-2010, 08:47 AM

On the Black Ops Blog website...they are claiming that this is not going to be a double XP weekend...it is set for a future date.... :((
I guess if there is no double XP for BO, I will be ejecting BO out of my PS3 at 11:01 pm cst to start the double XP 4 day weekend of RDR.

iheartpain
11-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Great idea, but we are saving every penny right now since we are baby broke (our second on the way in January). I plan on giving her a foot and back rub, so I guess I will be the spa, and hopefully in return I will get some "play time" playing Call of Booty. Since it has been awhile, it may not take me long to prestige.

:)) =))