PDA

View Full Version : BC2 Patch Coming Soon

Toxic Avenger72
11-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Saw this (http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/11/23/update-for-battlefield-bad-company-2-ps3.aspx) today and thought it would be of interest. Coming to PS3 tonight and then to PC and XBOX in the next few days.

This update is also in preparation for our upcoming VIP Map Pack 7 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam, which explains the size of it.

Here is a complete list of all the fixes in this update:

- Acog and Red dot scope now equippable on MK-14 and G3.
- Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.
- Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.
- Fixed a bug where Vehicle Countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.
- Reduced the reload time for Vehicle Countermeasures.
- Slightly increased the AT4's damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.
- Increased the AT4ís top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.
- Increased the AT4's splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.
- Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.
- Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.
- Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.
- Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
- Fixed a C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert.
- Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.
- Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.
- Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.
- Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.
- Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMGs.
- Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons.
- Slightly increased the damage of the UH6

DayliteMag
11-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Ok. G3+Red Dot = Win!

Reduced "all" weapon damage to MCOM by 50%.....W....T.....F! Does that mean it's going to take something like 24 sticks of C4 to destroy a single MCOM?

Toxic Avenger72
11-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Ok. G3+Red Dot = Win!

Reduced "all" weapon damage to MCOM by 50%.....W....T.....F! Does that mean it's going to take something like 24 sticks of C4 to destroy a single MCOM?

Agree with the red dot. Too bad I've already platted the G3.

24 sticks is the way I read it. That is pure bull****. Putting C4 and rockets on the MCOM is a legitimate way for attacker to ATTACK the MCOM.

CELockwood
11-23-2010, 04:01 PM

That's the one that jumped out at me as well. That will change things significantly.

The other that looked interesting to me was the reduction in carl splash damage. I'm curious how significant the change is.

DayliteMag
11-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Tweaking the weapons is one thing, but doubling the effort required to take an MCOM is going a bit too far, IMHO. I guess they maybe were getting a lot of complaints about teams blowing MCOMs using C4, AT mines, Carl, RPGs....you know, all the perfectly legit ways to destroy a piece of enemy equipment. I suppose we should start thinking of new tactics for arming and defending MCOMs.

You know what will come next don't cha? They will have to increase the time necessary to disarm a MCOM to give the attackers half a chance to defend the charge.

sniperella
11-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Well that is disheartening, sometimes that is the only way Team MP can win a freakin' match! Some c-4 to the MCOM! I do like the change to my precious, Mr. M95!!! I still love that gun! :x ;)

CELockwood
11-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Tweaking the weapons is one thing, but doubling the effort required to take an MCOM is going a bit too far, IMHO. I guess they maybe were getting a lot of complaints about teams blowing MCOMs using C4, AT mines, Carl, RPGs....you know, all the perfectly legit ways to destroy a piece of enemy equipment. I suppose we should start thinking of new tactics for arming and defending MCOMs.

You know what will come next don't cha? They will have to increase the time necessary to disarm a MCOM to give the attackers half a chance to defend the charge.

I think they're directly targeting Team MP, so I'm guessing the next change will be a reduction in speed to the UAV with each stick of c4. That means our normal load will require someone to carry the uav to the mcom. :D

DayliteMag
11-23-2010, 04:34 PM
I think they're directly targeting Team MP, so I'm guessing the next change will be a reduction in speed to the UAV with each stick of c4. That means our normal load will require someone to carry the uav to the mcom. :D

I very, very rarely LOL, and therefore my co-workers are wondering whether or not I have just now finally gone off my rocker! If I had any ability whatsoever with things like photoshop I would right now be creating an image of a MP Squad carrying a C4 laden UAV! Too funny!

Retro
11-23-2010, 05:13 PM
I like the fact that it will take more C4 to take down an MCOM, it was getting too easy.

Red Dot on the G3? Sweet!

TrojanTeacher
11-23-2010, 05:51 PM
I agree with Retro. The C4 vs MCOM was way too easy. But think of it this way. They DID NOT say that they were reducing the amount of points from the damage, SO that means that instead of earning about 400 pts an MCOM, now you can earn about 800+ on average. Not a bad thing, IMO.

I haven't started on the G3, but now that it has red dot, oh yes, my weapon of choice. As for the M95, I love it! Still not better than the M24, but still a fun rifle to use.

ProfUnderDog
11-23-2010, 06:43 PM
I agree with Retro. The C4 vs MCOM was way too easy. But think of it this way. They DID NOT say that they were reducing the amount of points from the damage, SO that means that instead of earning about 400 pts an MCOM, now you can earn about 800+ on average. Not a bad thing, IMO.

I haven't started on the G3, but now that it has red dot, oh yes, my weapon of choice. As for the M95, I love it! Still not better than the M24, but still a fun rifle to use.

Teach, I love how you find the bright side in the changes. More points! Considering the games we played last night, it might not be a bad idea to make it a little more difficult to take out an mcom with weapons alone. Remember we can still set it and use the other weapons to keep defenders from disarming. Insert Freak's evil Carl laugh here. :))

TrojanTeacher
11-23-2010, 11:03 PM
Exactly, I can recall getting upset when these idiots start a match with a UAV MCOM destruction. It's stupid. If you're under 30 tickets to go, then go ahead and do it. But at least try to bring it down by getting next to it. I also had it when people rocket the MCOM. If the damage is nerfed, then it will take a really long time to destroy it via rockets and eventually they will give away their position.

I also like that they sped up the anti-tank rockets. I always hated them because they were so slow.

SlapLaB
11-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Reduce the splash damage of Carl??? NOoooO!!!

How am I going to get my second platinum now???