PDA

View Full Version : Game modes!

johnboy
11-29-2010, 10:27 AM
What's your fave mode in BlOps? Since we missed out not having MW2 I'm quite getting into demolition, not too good at it most of the time but I'm liking it. Also starting to like capture the flag but I think I need to sort out a proper rush class for it. Had some good games of dom with thundercat(luv/hate) and others recently, even though I don't always (ever?) come out with a positive kd. Can't get into TDM at all!

xMisFitToyx
11-29-2010, 05:14 PM
What's your fave mode in BlOps? Since we missed out not having MW2 I'm quite getting into demolition, not too good at it most of the time but I'm liking it. Also starting to like capture the flag but I think I need to sort out a proper rush class for it. Had some good games of dom with thundercat(luv/hate) and others recently, even though I don't always (ever?) come out with a positive kd. Can't get into TDM at all!

I'm lovin DEMO......finding all the good angles for planting & defusing....using flak jacket is a must on this game......as long as you have the correct angle to hide yourself behind the target you can get easy plants & defuses. :D

And I'm finding all the good sWiit spots for defending.........

Law
11-29-2010, 05:58 PM
I haven't tried Demo yet...I haven't even played Dom but maybe once with Kip...I've just been playing TDM, getting to know the maps as much as possible before I pull the trigger on HC
Right now, Hanoi is the map I've played the least and still learning on the job!

iheartpain
11-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Still TDM about 99%, with the remainder being Wager Matches (S&S, Gun Game). I have had fun in some Dom matches as well as the few Demo matches I got with Landshark at the helm :) @Dog...Flak jacket is definitely a must!

@Law - Hanoi....ugh...it seems that no matter where I go I always end up in a crossfire somehow. Consistently worst KDRs on that map :|

xMisFitToyx
11-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Still TDM about 99%, with the remainder being Wager Matches (S&S, Gun Game). I have had fun in some Dom matches as well as the few Demo matches I got with Landshark at the helm :) @Dog...Flak jacket is definitely a must!

@Law - Hanoi....ugh...it seems that no matter where I go I always end up in a crossfire somehow. Consistently worst KDRs on that map :|

I was having a difficult time on Hanoi. But, I am loving Hanoi now......I have been spending a lot of time with the AI bots practicing my CQC on that map.

Favorite loadout on Hanoi

Primary = Mac 11 w/extended mag, Makarov (soon to switch out w/crossbow lvl 33), frag, flash, claymore, Hardline, Steady Aim, Hacker. Killstreaks Spy Plane, Counter Spy Plane and Sentury Gun. :-bd

iheartpain
11-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Maybe I'll have to give it a shot. You like the Mac11? It is very much like the Mac10 from MWR - bullets ALL over the place! :D Good for you if you can get kills with it, though!

xMisFitToyx
11-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Maybe I'll have to give it a shot. You like the Mac11? It is very much like the Mac10 from MWR - bullets ALL over the place! :D Good for you if you can get kills with it, though!

I seem to do fairly well with it............Extended Mag is a must though....

stfd28
12-02-2010, 06:41 PM
I like to do all except TDM... I actually have alway shated TDM and did TT on MWR but now it is the same... People work to hard and get a steaming pile of crap for their work.. Go into Demo and you can have 3k easy in no time not including the bonuses.. I will do em all except HC tho;..... I think this game is bugged when it comes to bullet penatration and somethings go through and some bushes u cannot shot through. SO silly thats why I do not even want to attempt it! Just my thought!

black powder
02-22-2011, 12:01 PM
I agree with STFD (mikedogg) 100% I don't mind hc S&D, but in any S&D you need allies as you can get stuck with randoms who haven't played much search. I guess this goes with all modes really. I play alot of TT if I can get into games. TDM is my least favorite mode, but if partied up it's fine. Insin plays alot of tdm & ctf and lvls up quick but that's insin. Dom is usually a safe bet for a win and XP. HQ put's out alot of XP if you win of couse!! ;) Haven't played much sab, 2 previous to the other day where I was in with some french allies and we played 8-9 in a row...I still remember the last match I went 4-18, KDR doesn't mean a thing with out a win, if you're gonna camp for kills rather than objectives play TDM, or target a enemy killer every time you die just to make them rage quit :devil:

Jaeger41
02-23-2011, 01:49 PM
My favorite of late is Domination. It seems to suit my style of play. It is easy to do, even if you're with randoms or unable to communicate with your team. (both of which usually apply in my case). It helps that the other team's sole purpose isn't just to kill you. I like to use an LMG with extended mags, great for clearing the enemy from a flag, either offensively or defensively. Other builds get used depending on the map and the opposing team's style of play.

Major Stains
02-23-2011, 02:14 PM
I'm diggin' a bit of domination lately, as there seems to be a core group when I play that have it nailed.
I truly suck at CTF as I always seem to go up against teams with comms and they generally tear me a new 'un.
If I cannot join any MPs, I will generally jump into a HC S&D, as they are a bit less run'n'gun, and a bit more strategy.

Basically any game mode rocks when the signal is good and there are some MPs standing by your side (not forgeting Scoob, Kurtz, Can14 and all our other friends) :hug:

Law
02-24-2011, 10:55 AM
I'm diggin' a bit of domination lately, as there seems to be a core group when I play that have it nailed.
I truly suck at CTF as I always seem to go up against teams with comms and they generally tear me a new 'un.
If I cannot join any MPs, I will generally jump into a HC S&D, as they are a bit less run'n'gun, and a bit more strategy.

Basically any game mode rocks when the signal is good and there are some MPs standing by your side (not forgeting Scoob, Kurtz, Can14 and all our other friends) :hug:

I've been playing a lot of HC TDM lately...but I think I'll go back to reg until after I unlock all the Pro Perks I think I'll need on HC...so it may be after I'm done prestiging..

johnboy
02-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Ok, since my last post was in November and the game came out in November, I'm still into demo, followed by a bit of dom. I got bored with zombies but now I have my headset I may give it a go, so I can shout at the randoms that are fucking about instead of actually playing. Not played cap the flag much recently, I like to play with MPs but when I do, I seem to either get my arse kicked or I can't get anywhere near the flags to cap them as they've already been capped. I need some of you to jump in with me sometime soon so I can get my marathon pro. Still not into HC but then again it's just my feelings on that game mode. I've tried getting into S&D but can't with randoms and I don't think I've played any with MPs. So I fancy a bit of that sometime.

Phantom
02-26-2011, 08:43 AM
I like CTF, Demo, and Dom but thouroghly prefer TDM. Will play FFA every so often. Absolutely hate HC!

As a side note, has anyone else noticed a lack of Crisis being offered as a map choice? I haven't played on that map for weeks

ScoobySnacks
03-09-2011, 05:12 PM
I like , in order:
1. HCTDM
2. TDM
3. Domination
4. CTF
5. Headquarters
6. Demolition

I don't like the HC objective based games, since I am forced to run to a specific spot where I can be killed in 1 shot. Core objectives a OK, since I have a chance to react once I've been hit. HCTDM for camping and TDM for run and gunning, are my favs since I can go where I want and still help a team. HCTDM = try not to die, TDM = get as many kills as possible.

johnboy
03-09-2011, 07:09 PM
I'll try not to drag you into my fave mode too often then Scoob. I am really lovin me that Demo though, apart from playing against that dick last week that was spamming chopters and mortar strikes and getting 4 or 5 kills in a row with his gun. He effed off after I called him out for being a hacker though! hmmmmmm Then as soon as he left I got me a chopter and mortar strikes! Oh, and we won!

Major Stains
03-11-2011, 03:05 AM
Then as soon as he left I got me a chopter and mortar strikes! Oh, and we won!

Hacker... :-"

bucksie
03-11-2011, 01:08 PM
i am liking Dom, Sab, then HQ. Not really liking TDM much anymore, can never get going, but objective based games i seem to enjoy. Not too keen on HC, i seem to die more times than getting kills. =))

As a side note, has anyone else noticed a lack of Crisis being offered as a map choice? I haven't played on that map for weeks
No, Not really, but defo missing Havana on Dom mode though.....

Then as soon as he left I got me a chopter and mortar strikes! Oh, and we won!

Hacker... :-"

Second that, LOL =))

johnboy
03-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Hey I don't get those chopters very often! It wasn't my fault Bucksie joined the other team and ran into my bullets.

black powder
03-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Hey I don't get those chopters very often! It wasn't my fault Bucksie joined the other team and ran into my bullets.

=)) =)) =))

I run into bullets all the time...glad I'm not the only one :cheers:

bucksie
03-15-2011, 07:15 AM
I wasnt running into your bullets, they were Bucksie seeking bullets, round corners, walls, over obstructions and even through crevices....... =))