PDA

View Full Version : Skill???

sam007
11-30-2010, 02:08 PM
It's been about 3 days since I started playing Black Ops, being cannon fodder, I've noticed, watching the Kill cam, players just spray left and right with an automatic rifle, or they aim at your crotch and the darn sights seem to follow me where ever I try to run to.

Is that a skill or tactic???

Tembis
11-30-2010, 02:28 PM
I don't believe it is for the online matches though...at least there better not be...that's cheating imo!!! There is one that you can turn on for the campaign though...at least I think

Borlaxx
11-30-2010, 02:38 PM
There is some aim assist in core modes. The aim assist it turned off on the hardcore modes.

dinsdale1978
11-30-2010, 02:56 PM
Most kids I see are just spraying and letting the auto aim and lag get what kills they can. I watched a guy hip fire a Commando with Reflex sights and he was chuckling like a school girl after the killcam. Getting better at ADS kills takes time and the freedom to experiment without the unskilled opponents spraying their SMG's in your face.

I love nothing better than getting a double kill or more with a burst fire weapon. The G11 is going to be my go to gun once I unlock it again, and again.

Jackie R
11-30-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm quite the spray and pray player myself. Hey...whatever works. http://www.theadultgamer.com/images/smilies/a024.gif

Borlaxx
11-30-2010, 03:23 PM
I use ADS for all my classes except my shotty class and my smg class with steady aim. You can get kills spraying and praying, but if you actually aim well you will kill them faster as all your bullets are hitting the target rather than most flying to either side of the target.

RC-1136
11-30-2010, 03:32 PM
I use automatic assult rifles most of the time so when I get into an close quaters gun fight I will spray from left to right. ADS in that situations limits your mobility and you will likely lose.

Tembis
11-30-2010, 03:46 PM
There is some aim assist in core modes. The aim assist it turned off on the hardcore modes.

How can you have a aim bot in multiplayer??? I had no idea...looks like I'll be doing some HC from now on. That really sucks!!

Borlaxx
11-30-2010, 04:09 PM
It isn't really an aim bot. You have to be aiming at the person for it to somewhat lock on to the target, but even then when they move you have to move your aim with them. You can't just aim and then not worry about adjusting your aim.

dinsdale1978
11-30-2010, 04:12 PM

How can you have a aim bot in multiplayer??? I had no idea...looks like I'll be doing some HC from now on. That really sucks!!

MW2 had it too. It's not really AIMBOT, but the next time you play and you know there is someone coming toward you, scope up and watch your gun magically start moving toward their position. Sometimes it drags me away from where I want to aim. I would turn it off but it would only be a moral victory to not use it against everyone who was using it.

Tembis
11-30-2010, 04:38 PM
I do turn it off, because I don't like to have help. I thought it was only for single player though. I won't put it back on...I feel that's the only way I'm going to get better with my aim...just my opinion though.

KornHoled
12-01-2010, 03:32 PM
I don't use the auto aim feature. The last week I was getting some 1 1/2 years rust off me since playing MW... now i've actually been killing more than being killed, which is nice - rank prolly helps with that tho.

Anywho - havn't had a chance to play with a lot of you - invites would be much appreciated if you see me on :D I like to group up with clan mates - makes it more fun :)

RFK48
12-02-2010, 03:07 AM
It helps you with finding guys hiding behind cover too! Sometimes you don't know they are there but your gun moves towards them and gives their position away! On the other hand, if you are shooting at one guy and another runs past him your gun will follow him sometimes.