PDA

View Full Version : Wendy's New Fires

RC-1136
12-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Has anyone tried Wendy's new French Fries. I had a part in creating them and was wondering what everyone thought. I think they are great, but obviously I'm biased.

CELockwood
12-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Has anyone tried Wendy's new French Fries. I had a part in creating them and was wondering what everyone thought. I think they are great, but obviously I'm biased.

You've just decided what I'm having for lunch today. I'll let you know. ;)

DayliteMag
12-01-2010, 10:17 AM
When I read the subject I was thinking this thread was going in a totally different direction. I wonder if the new fries have made it to Canada? I love the ice cream thingy that you get there (is it called a Frosty?).

CELockwood
12-01-2010, 11:25 AM
When I read the subject I was thinking this thread was going in a totally different direction. I wonder if the new fries have made it to Canada? I love the ice cream thingy that you get there (is it called a Frosty?).

Yup, that's the best - fries dipped in frosty, yum!

Borlaxx
12-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Their old fries were horrible, but the new ones are MUCH better. They have been available here in Florida for some time now.

Still, nothing beats McDonald's fries. I swear they fry them in liquid crack.

Psalm
12-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Now thats a fire....

Borlaxx
12-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Now thats a fire....
Don't bring no sasquatch in my home Gus!

CELockwood
12-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Just tried them, and give them a thumbs up.

Like Borlax, I'm still partial to McD's fries too, but everything else there sucks IMHO.

Borlaxx
12-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Just tried them, and give them a thumbs up.

Like Borlax, I'm still partial to McD's fries too, but everything else there sucks IMHO.
Agreed. Well, the McFlurries are pretty good, but Dairy Queen's Blizzards are much better.

RC-1136
12-02-2010, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. McD's Fries are always the Gold Standard. It is funny. I've been involved in a bunch of focus groups with consumers and no one can really pinpoint what makes them the best.

Borlaxx
12-02-2010, 08:57 AM
I had heard that McD's fries are made from sweet beets which is what makes them taste better, but that could be total BS.

xMisFitToyx
12-02-2010, 09:07 AM
I like Wendy's Fries.....but they are the only ones I have to put salt on.......(I never salt anything...but Wendy's fries)

RC-1136
12-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Wendy's actually increased the salt on the fries. They are using a sea salt, too which has a more salty flavor.

B., McD's usd to Par Fry their fries in lard. Now they use a flavored oil to par fry them that has a similar animal fat flavor. The potatoes they use are russets like everyone else.

RATA MUERTA
12-02-2010, 09:48 AM
Hmmmmmm now I want some fries......damn this thread! #-o

CELockwood
12-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Wendy's actually increased the salt on the fries. They are using a sea salt, too which has a more salty flavor.

B., McD's usd to Par Fry their fries in lard. Now they use a flavored oil to par fry them that has a similar animal fat flavor. The potatoes they use are russets like everyone else.

If I'm not mistaken, McD's fries are not just sliced potatoes thought right? I thought it was an mashed and extruded product, hence the uniformity.

Edit: Scratch the above. Not sure where I read this, but I'm apparently wrong. Heavily processed (like all bulk made fries) but they are actually sliced potatoes according the the info on the net.

xMisFitToyx
09-01-2011, 12:17 PM
New Sweet Potato Fries @ Wendys ...... Meh :|

RC, I hope you had nothing to do with them ..... But, they are limp/soggy and I'm not impressed.

Now their Regular Fries are AWESOME !!! :D

DayliteMag
09-01-2011, 12:21 PM
I remember French Fries. Hot, tasty sticks of deep fried potato, right?

Kid_Bananas
10-15-2011, 12:48 PM
I like Wendy's Fries.....but they are the only ones I have to put salt on.......(I never salt anything...but Wendy's fries)
I found that since Wendy's change their fry that they oversalt them now.... at least in my area.

I also like the McD frys too but living in California allows me the pleasure of In-n-Out frys.