PDA

View Full Version : New Maps

ProfUnderDog
12-02-2010, 10:17 AM
Just an initial thought on the new maps. With the exception of Cold War, defending these maps will be really interesting as they are so large. I know that Teach and Gmrtag have already expressed some concerns about the snipe fest that might ensue. However, because these maps are so spread out they clearly call for concentrated attacks certainly by squad if not the whole team. With 12 people going down one side, the attackers should overwhelm a thin line of defenders, and most snipers are just not that good at hitting moving targets anyway. And when you get past the first set of MCOMs even on Harvest Day, there is a lot of house to house cover.

Defending will be interesting as this has never been a strength, but these maps clearly place a premium on covering the MCOMs rather than a large number of us being "forward deployed."

Can't wait to see the sniping spots that Teach finds!

DayliteMag
12-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Having these new maps is like having a whole new game. I love it! I agree that defending is going to be a real challenge. I'm thinking you need (at most) two Wookies who are positioned to call out enemy positions, kill attackers and drop mortars on the spawn points (ideally the Wookies should have a line of site to the MCOM..or very close). 4 assaults/Engineers who position at the front of the AO and takeout as many attackers as possible and generally cause havoc (engineers to take out tanks/armour). Most important is going to be the close defence of the MCOMs themselves. In a perfect world, this defence would likely have a couple of layers, but it is unlikely that a team will get organized enough to do so; therefore, getting everyone close to the MCOMs is probably the most you can expect. Medics are the key as they need to be able to drop med packs and revive. You need a couple of Assaults to re-supply ammo and maybe an engineer or two to hit attackers who are hold up inside buildings (Freak can introduce them to Carl....I won't repeat just how he will do this).

For Team MP, I'm thinking we should probably consider focusing our efforts on the close quarters defence of the MCOMs. Randoms will almost always push forward and if they are good should be able to cause some havoc and hold back the attackers. We can startout in a forward position, but the trick is to know when to start pulling back aroudn the MCOMs...preferably before the charges are set.

MrBlitzer72
12-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Hey guys!

After playing the new maps pretty heavily over the past few days, i've done alot of observing "wookying", and have been watching how the maps are running. Taking into consideration that you have a squad of 4 with people you know, the best defense for Harvest Day and Oasis in my opinion, is having two recon running the far left and right boundries, and definately engineers with rpg's equipped to take out the endless amount of tanks that seem to never stop coming. Seemed to work pretty well in the few squads i was in. Its definately a wookie fest though...

In my opinion, Cold War is a great addition to the game. Nice to have some close quarters combat and a Big Truck to roll into town! :D

~Blitz

Borlaxx
12-05-2010, 06:42 PM
My experience with this game is pretty much exclusively running medic, but I am going to try to level up my other classes so I can eventually benefit the team in any role. In terms of the remaining three classes, which should I level up first? I have spent some time with the engineer class, but hardly any at all with assault and recon.

After just playing this game for one night I am already wanting to play more and actually work as a team.

DayliteMag
12-05-2010, 06:44 PM
My experience with this game is pretty much exclusively running medic, but I am going to try to level up my other classes so I can eventually benefit the team in any role. In terms of the remaining three classes, which should I level up first? I have spent some time with the engineer class, but hardly any at all with assault and recon.

After just playing this game for one night I am already wanting to play more and actually work as a team.

IMO, Engineer is the most overall versatile class and it is the one that worked on first. With the new maps, Medics are super important when defending. Get close to the MCOMs and drop med packs.

Borlaxx
12-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Cool. I may not be very good at killing people in this game compared to COD games, but I am a good medic in the fact that I am constantly dropping med packs and reviving people after I first try to make sure it is clear so the person I revive doesn't just get killed again.

Retro
12-05-2010, 07:06 PM
I'd say Assault for Cold War and either Recon or Engineer for the others. Recon will give you a nice idea of where everything is on the map and engineer on those big maps with all the vehicles comes in handy and you can rack up major points with repairs.

SlapLaB
12-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Yeah I haven't played them much yet, but from what I've seen defending has to be pretty focused around the MCOMs.

On Oasis I saw one choke point - on the 3rd set I think. There is an open area in front of the village where the MCOMs are, and it's difficult to cross it unnoticed.
We hold them stuck with a Bradley and a few engineers.

Not many problems with the snipers so far - but I've been playing on normal; in hardcore it must be a different story...

TrojanTeacher
12-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Yes, sniping in Hardcore is WAY different because you can't be spotted. Those little red triangles don't show up, so it's very hard to try to tell the others where the snipers are as you're trying to stay alive from their sniper fire.

I really haven't played much of the new maps. I think I've played Cold War twice, Harvest Day twice, Oasis twice, and Heavy Metal a whopping ZERO times. No one is on when I jump on lately (except for yesterdays escapades) and I don't feel like playing monstrous maps by my lonesome.

DayliteMag
12-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Yes, sniping in Hardcore is WAY different because you can't be spotted. Those little red triangles don't show up, so it's very hard to try to tell the others where the snipers are as you're trying to stay alive from their sniper fire.

I really haven't played much of the new maps. I think I've played Cold War twice, Harvest Day twice, Oasis twice, and Heavy Metal a whopping ZERO times. No one is on when I jump on lately (except for yesterdays escapades) and I don't feel like playing monstrous maps by my lonesome.

California needs to adopt Eastern Standard Time....end of problem!

TrojanTeacher
12-06-2010, 03:03 PM
OR, you eastern standard time people need to up and move to the West Coast. Ah, the West Coast. Where the streets are made of gold and the women never age (seriously, plastic surgeons over here work miracles ;) ).

DayliteMag
12-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Oh, I'm not suggesting that anyone move...just adopt EST. Or we could adopt PST, who cares as long we can game together?

CELockwood
12-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Oh, I'm not suggesting that anyone move...just adopt EST. Or we could adopt PST, who cares as long we can game together?

Not so fast, I think that was an invitation to move to Teach's house. With the golden streets and plastic women it's sounding pretty good to me. Could I get directions Teach?

ProfUnderDog
12-06-2010, 04:35 PM
OR, you eastern standard time people need to up and move to the West Coast. Ah, the West Coast. Where the streets are made of gold and the women never age (seriously, plastic surgeons over here work miracles ;) ).

Got a job? For those of us (-| on EST staying up to play with our friends from around the globe is a challenge. But Teach, I do miss California especially when I'm buried in snow.

As for the topic ;) , the new maps definitely call for a mix of kits. I'm note sure how often you need assault as usually death comes before no ammo, but recon is very useful though can be out flanked rather quickly. For Cold War, I've found Medic to the be best especially on defense (though medics are usually great on defense). LMGs really work great in those choke points!

With the new changes to all of the maps, it looks like it is more important to run assault with smoke. There are clearly some areas where attackers have to cross killing zones, and if the defenders are not to busy spawn camping have a major advantage.

TrojanTeacher
12-06-2010, 05:02 PM

Not so fast, I think that was an invitation to move to Teach's house. With the golden streets and plastic women it's sounding pretty good to me. Could I get directions Teach?

I'm on the MP World Map!! Make sure you read the comment on that map, LOL!

@Under: Yeah, I noticed that the last set of MCOM's on Cold War were REALLY close to the others. There is hardly any distance from one set of MCOM's to the other.

Retro
12-06-2010, 05:58 PM

Got a job? For those of us (-| on EST staying up to play with our friends from around the globe is a challenge. But Teach, I do miss California especially when I'm buried in snow.

As for the topic ;) , the new maps definitely call for a mix of kits. I'm note sure how often you need assault as usually death comes before no ammo, but recon is very useful though can be out flanked rather quickly. For Cold War, I've found Medic to the be best especially on defense (though medics are usually great on defense). LMGs really work great in those choke points!

With the new changes to all of the maps, it looks like it is more important to run assault with smoke. There are clearly some areas where attackers have to cross killing zones, and if the defenders are not to busy spawn camping have a major advantage.

I love running assualt on Cold War. I use the G3 with red dot and mag ammo and 3 sticks of C4, especially when defending. It comes in really handy when defending the second set of MCOMs. I like covering "B". I usually throw some C4 on the walls and the MCOM, then I take cover behind the house that faces the gate to "B". I try not to shoot the first couple of attackers as I like to suprise them with C4 first. Then I tend to just gun them down as they come around the rocks.

I've also found that Cold War is an awesome map for collecting tags. Playing with randoms (defending) the other night I took 11 sets of tags on the final set of MCOMs alone.

If you are attcking, I would not use the UAV unless you are using the one from the first spawn point. If you use the others, you will lose your tags.

ProfUnderDog
12-06-2010, 06:19 PM
I love running assualt on Cold War. I use the G3 with red dot and mag ammo and 3 sticks of C4, especially when defending. It comes in really handy when defending the second set of MCOMs. I like covering "B". I usually throw some C4 on the walls and the MCOM, then I take cover behind the house that faces the gate to "B". I try not to shoot the first couple of attackers as I like to suprise them with C4 first. Then I tend to just gun them down as they come around the rocks.

I've also found that Cold War is an awesome map for collecting tags. Playing with randoms (defending) the other night I took 11 sets of tags on the final set of MCOMs alone.

@Retro: I love you C4 on defense strategy. It definitely works quite well. 11 in one round. :-o that must be some kind of record! :cheers:

Sckrapps
12-06-2010, 06:26 PM
As for attacking on Harvest Day I've got one word for you: armor, armor, armor. OK, that was three words, but you get the idea. I was playing a couple nights ago (I forget with who) and the other team just hit us with an armor spearhead. There were two or three tanks hitting the MCOMMs at the same time, and it was impossible to do anything. Oh, and the tanks all had gunners. The driver would jump out to arm the MCOMM, and the gunner would waste anyone who got close (including me). They steamrolled us in a matter of minutes, and that doesn't usually happen to a squad full of MPs. [-( I know we have some good tank-jockeys in the clan, and if you get two tanks with a full crew, well, you're going to obliterate the defenders up until the last set of MCOMMs. Maybe it particularly works because everyone wookies and there are no engineers, but I'd like to see us try a coordinated armor assault!

DayliteMag
12-06-2010, 06:32 PM
As for attacking on Harvest Day I've got one word for you: armor, armor, armor. OK, that was three words, but you get the idea. I was playing a couple nights ago (I forget with who) and the other team just hit us with an armor spearhead. There were two or three tanks hitting the MCOMMs at the same time, and it was impossible to do anything. Oh, and the tanks all had gunners. The driver would jump out to arm the MCOMM, and the gunner would waste anyone who got close (including me). They steamrolled us in a matter of minutes, and that doesn't usually happen to a squad full of MPs. [-( I know we have some good tank-jockeys in the clan, and if you get two tanks with a full crew, well, you're going to obliterate the defenders up until the last set of MCOMMs. Maybe it particularly works because everyone wookies and there are no engineers, but I'd like to see us try a coordinated armor assault!

I love it! You definitely need to use all of the hardware on Harvest Day. It is virtually impossible to "hoof it" from the attackers deployment to the MCOMs...just too many snipers.

roadrnr
12-07-2010, 10:29 AM

Why not meet in the middle and adopt CST?? :D

I vote for that one...especially considering I'm IN CST!

DayliteMag
12-07-2010, 10:40 AM

Why not meet in the middle and adopt CST?? :D

I vote for that one...especially considering I'm IN CST!

They need to create an entirely new timezone.....GAT....Gaming AllThe Time. When it's 3AM EST it's only 10PM GAT! Basically its a win-win scenario! Oh, and everyone who lives in the GAT timezone gets free cookies, and high-speed internet!

wilmh
12-07-2010, 11:16 AM
I think I'll download the new update and get some BF:BC2 tonight as Black Op's is pissin me off.

Any other PS3 players going to be online?

TrojanTeacher
12-07-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm down with GAT!

Borlaxx
12-07-2010, 11:40 AM
I think I'll download the new update and get some BF:BC2 tonight as Black Op's is pissin me off.

If I play at all tonight, it will likely be on BC2. I want to get better at the game before the Vietnam pack comes out. Also, want to give TA more time to fix the problems in BO on the PS3. Still hoping they do so before Christmas.

DayliteMag
12-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Picking up on Retro's new C4 strat; we were playing White Pass last night (yes, the dreaded and hated White Pass) and defending the last set of MCOMs. Me and Toxic (I think it was Toxic) were inside the barn defending Alpha. If you go up in the hayloft with your back to Bravo, and looking down at the MCOM you can throw C4 all around the MCOM. You then have a perfect line of sight down to where the attackers are coming in. As soon as you see them enter the room....*click*.....BOOM!!!!! Headshot!!!!! I did this three or four times in a row without damaging the MCOM and killing 4 or 5 attackers. As luck would have it, Toxic was running as a Medic, so he threw down Med packs, and b/c I was an Assault we had limitless Ammo. In my exuberance I think I may have accidentally blown us to bits...but up until then the strat was working very nicely.

wilmh
12-08-2010, 08:10 AM

If I play at all tonight, it will likely be on BC2. I want to get better at the game before the Vietnam pack comes out. Also, want to give TA more time to fix the problems in BO on the PS3. Still hoping they do so before Christmas.
Well, it took me almost 2 hours to download and install the update (after doing the same for the PS3 update).

When I was eventually ready to game, I saw you online and was ready to send you an invite on BC2 but my buddy was playing Black Ops and was sending invites and texts trying to get me to play so I started there only to be greeted with a 40 minute session of problems before we were actually able to get into a game. (Once into that first game we didn't have a single issue the rest of the night though.)

I may get some BC2 time tonight and I'll look for you.

Borlaxx
12-08-2010, 08:34 AM

Well, it took me almost 2 hours to download and install the update (after doing the same for the PS3 update).

When I was eventually ready to game, I saw you online and was ready to send you an invite on BC2 but my buddy was playing Black Ops and was sending invites and texts trying to get me to play so I started there only to be greeted with a 40 minute session of problems before we were actually able to get into a game. (Once into that first game we didn't have a single issue the rest of the night though.)

I may get some BC2 time tonight and I'll look for you.
No problem Wil. Yes, the update takes FOREVER. Not sure if I will be playing tonight as my wife tends to get out of class early on Wednesdays and I try not to ignore her once she gets out of class. However, my son thinks this game is "super awesome." I can play this game around him as it doesn't have the gore of BO and nowhere near the amount of profane trash talking.

ustolemygmrtag
12-08-2010, 09:46 AM
However, my son thinks this game is "super awesome." I can play this game around him as it doesn't have the gore of BO and nowhere near the amount of profane trash talking.

You might wanna really listen to them then. I have heard a huge amount of Potty mouthed words coming out of BC2. I would do some Quotes, but you will find out.
On second thought, here are some recent ones I have heard.

"Payback, Mother Fucker"
"Shit, we got a Shooter Somewhere!"
"Muther Fucker!"
"Payback's a Bitch"

Borlaxx
12-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Wow, guess I didn't hear those or I am so numb from BO that I didn't notice. Wonder if there is a way to lower that volume. I tried playing the SP game but I heard a lot of profanity in that.

ustolemygmrtag
12-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Wow, guess I didn't hear those or I am so numb from BO that I didn't notice. Wonder if there is a way to lower that volume. I tried playing the SP game but I heard a lot of profanity in that.

Most of the time you here those is when you are knifed, or you knife someone else. As far as i know, there is no controls on turning down the Voice volumes of the tunes in-game.

Sckrapps
12-08-2010, 06:26 PM
I've never looked, but I've heard that there is an option to turn off this stuff. I might play around with the audio or family options just to see.

I'm not sure why Dice put it in the game in the first place. Its kind of silly, and adds very little to any "realism."

Retro
12-08-2010, 08:16 PM
I'm not sure why Dice put it in the game in the first place. Its kind of silly, and adds very little to any "realism."
Because it goes with the single player campaign which has relied on crude humour.

TrojanTeacher
12-08-2010, 10:57 PM
I could see how the profanity is not really NEEDED, but I guess it does bring some realism to the game. It would be good if you could shut it off. But at the same token, shutting off the profanity doesn't filter out the imagery of death and shooting, so I guess it doesn't matter in the long run.

Retro
12-09-2010, 09:03 AM
Guess it depends on what people think is worse, a "bad" word or violence.

DayliteMag
12-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Some games (like movies) are simply meant for an adult audience. If my wife and I watch an "R" rated movie we don't let our daughter watch with us (heck, we don't even let her watch half the shows on TV). Same goes for Video games. Personally, I don't think the cursing in video games really adds anything to my overall experience, but it doesn't bother me either.

Retro
12-09-2010, 09:43 AM
That's why they put the big M 17+ on the game case.

sniperella
12-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Sorry, but I think it is hilarious when they say, "Payback, asshole!" That's my fav. quote from the game! :)) Some of the other quotes could go, they just sound stupid. Oh, my second fav doesn't even have a cuss word, "That's for my homie!" :))

Actually, I am totally with you all for the most part, but if they were to listen in to our party, the game can be fairly tame in comparison... Of course, I NEVER say any cuss words when playing... :-"

Thank goodness for the turtle beach headset, now I don't have to worry about the kids hearing me play this one!! ;)

SlapLaB
12-14-2010, 10:26 AM
So now that everybody has had time to play them what do you guys think about the new maps?

My thoughts (on the Rush versions, haven't played the others):
- Harvest Day
Pure tank map. If your team is not good at destroying armor you're going to have a hard time.
Due to size, offers a lot of opportunities to get behind defense.
Quite a few snipers as they are difficult to spot, even in core (due to size + cover available).
Overall, not a big fan of this map, although I think it does fill a (heavy) gap in the variety of maps available.

- Oasis
Well balanced map. Starts as an armour battle with lots of empty space and gradually moves to close-combat infantry.
Some interesting flanking positions (i.e. across the bridge of the first set of MCOM, or along the hill on the left later on)
In town, use boats to get behind enemy lines.
Chopper whores can be annoying as there are 2 helis available and not many anti-AA guns.
I like this map, except for the chopper madness.

- Cold War
Infantry mayhem, no vehicles apart from UAV.
Lots of choke points and furious building-to-building combat.
Sniper positions on mountains at initial spawn, then very limited line of sights.
However wookie balls extremely useful to identify enemy positions within buildings.
Flanking routes include out-of-bound hikes on the right hand side (seen from attack) and frozen lake path on the left hand side.
On the last few sets, lots of grenades flying in every direction.
Love this map... but expect a fragfest at the end.

DayliteMag
12-14-2010, 11:39 AM
@Slap: I'm in general agreement with your reviews. I think perhaps you meant to say Harvest Day instead of Heavy Metal (which I believe is only available in Conquest Mode).

In Cold War there is a vehicle for the attackers (I suppose the defenders could steal it, but I can't think why they would want it). It is a large, cumbersome transport truck that is slow and difficult to maneuver. Just for fun I took it for a spin yesterday with Lockwood riding in the back. I made it to the back of the attacker's spawn - which isn't easy to do, given the obstacle course they make you drive through. Then a wookie jumped out and started trying to shoot me with his sidearm. I've never laughed so hard. The guy was the worst car-jacker in the history of car-jackers. He unloaded three full clips trying to take me out. Meanwhile, I kept trying to run him over, but because I suck at Road-Kills in BC2 he just kept jumping around. It must have been comical to watch.

Overall, I have found the new maps generally pretty frustrating. Half the time I don't know where I am, and the other half I'm dead. Honestly, I don't know why this clan puts up with me.

Toxic Avenger72
12-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Yep, Heavy Metal is a Conquest mode map. Were you thinking Harverst Day? One thing I've noticed about Heavy Metal is that the team that generally stays on the ground wins. Of all the conquest maps, this is probably my favorite because of the HUGE wide-open spaces and the variety of vehicles. this is an engineer's dream due to the number of tanks. I generally don't like conquest but I enjoy it on ths map.

Cold war is a medic's dream. Just throw med packs down in a strategic place and keep reviving your squad mates and watch the points come flying in. I once had 3000+ points in one game as a defender.

I'm with you Daylite. The maps are a little frustrating because of not knowing where to go. That may go away once we get to know the maps a little better.

Charge showed me an interesting way to get to the last set (i think) of MCOMS at Harvest Day. Basically, flank WAY left and go behind the MCOMS.

SlapLaB
12-14-2010, 01:05 PM
Yeah I meant Harvest Day. I edited my post...

Cold War is also wookie ball / ammo box paradise!

And do you know what to use the truck for?

Can you blow it up maybe?

DayliteMag
12-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Yeah I meant Harvest Day. I edited my post...

Cold War is also wookie ball / ammo box paradise!

And do you know what to use the truck for?

Can you blow it up maybe?

Blitzer seemed to think that a good strat with the truck was to drive it up to the attacker's deployment and pick up a load of attackers then drive them down into the defenders AO. That way you would be attacking en masse and possibly overwhelm the defenders. Personally, I think this could end up as an EPIC fail with one well timed RPG, but I haven't tried it so not sure. I def think there is good reason to try using the truck. I mean, they put it there for a reason - we just need to figure out what that might be. It could be wickedly fun to drive it up to the attacker's deployment then take it down the hill at speed and "fly" it off of the right hand side cliff.

CELockwood
12-14-2010, 03:41 PM
...The guy was the worst car-jacker in the history of car-jackers. He unloaded three full clips trying to take me out. Meanwhile, I kept trying to run him over, but because I suck at Road-Kills in BC2 he just kept jumping around. It must have been comical to watch.

Overall, I have found the new maps generally pretty frustrating. Half the time I don't know where I am, and the other half I'm dead. Honestly, I don't know why this clan puts up with me.

It was damn comical to watch. I had jumped out of the truck by that point and he was standing two feet from the truck aiming point blank at you in the truck with his pistol and couldn't take you out. Please do not ask why I did not kill him.

TrojanTeacher
12-14-2010, 03:47 PM
...The guy was the worst car-jacker in the history of car-jackers. He unloaded three full clips trying to take me out. Meanwhile, I kept trying to run him over, but because I suck at Road-Kills in BC2 he just kept jumping around. It must have been comical to watch.

I could just imagine this with the "Benny Hill" song in the background. What is that song called? Wacky Sax or something like that?

CELockwood
12-14-2010, 03:50 PM

I could just imagine this with the "Benny Hill" song in the background. What is that song called? Wacky Sax or something like that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj6gRX7-NgM

MrBlitzer72
12-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Hey guys! Ive been trying a few different things on Cold War and think i have found some useful tactics to defend. I have recently been running assault with the USAS or some other shotty, along with C4 with the extra explosive damage perk. If you notice, there are only 2 (i think) MCOMM stations that are situated in buildings. In this case, you want to leave those alone. But all the others that are bunched close together, or near the mcomm's, take them down with C4, and the enemy is ALOT easier to defend. Normally i see the attackers place a few guys in the adjacent buildings while one guy goes and arms the mcomm. Then all the others just sit up in buildings and take us out when we try to disarm. With the buildings around the mcomm stations brought to the ground, it forces them to all be exposed at ground level, making it ALOT easier to take them out. (You also get some great D 2.0 kills sometimes). One thing to remember, is that in hardcore, before you hit the plunger for C4, look up in the buildings and make sure your teammates or squad members ARE NOT in the buildings :-" . This tactic works especially well on the A Mcomm on the last set. Bring down the building and spam grenades, you should easily be able to defend.

@Daylite- As far as the truck is concerned, what i normally do is back that hog up to the spawn point near the UAV and let the others jump in. Drive down about 100 feet from the MCOMM and tell em to bail out. After they bail, someone should shoot smoke all over that mcomm and go in and arm it. Park the truck on a diagonal in front of A which will block the guys on the road from being able to see the others arming. Normally the driver will sacrifice himself, but 9 times outta 10, the mcomm will be armed, and the wookies on top of Mount Everest should be able to take out those trying to disarm. I'd be happy to try it out next time we are all on that map!

Hope this helps a little! :cheers:

~Blitz

SlapLaB
12-17-2010, 06:25 AM
the wookies on top of Mount Everest

:))
That's it, official name!

Good idea for the truck!

DayliteMag
12-17-2010, 08:18 AM
Well, last night we tried the truck tactic outlined above by Blitzer. I would say it was a modest success. While we weren't able to immediately take the MCOM we were able to establish a spawn inside the small house immediately beside Alpha making it easier to take the MCOM.

W/R/T the C4 tactic. I tried it a couple of times yesterday and ended up killing several teammates #-o . They don't necessarily have to be in the building, but if they are standing right next to the building near the C4 charge they too will die! On the upside, it was nice being able to bring down a building with very little effort (explosive perk :-bd )

Anyway, I would say that both techniques are worth practicing. I would def recommend destroying the small house that sits directly next to the first Alpha MCOM on Cold War.

Sckrapps
12-17-2010, 12:37 PM
W/R/T the C4 tactic. I tried it a couple of times yesterday and ended up killing several teammates #-o . They don't necessarily have to be in the building, but if they are standing right next to the building near the C4 charge they too will die! On the upside, it was nice being able to bring down a building with very little effort (explosive perk :-bd )

Anyway, I would say that both techniques are worth practicing. I would def recommend destroying the small house that sits directly next to the first Alpha MCOM on Cold War.

Yeah, I tried this too. Tk'd Charge and a bunch of randoms, and I'm not sure it saved the crate. But it definitely makes it harder to get it. When Charge, Retro, Hippy and I were attacking, and you guys had done that, it was a real bitch crossing all the open ground and getting to that last "A" MCOMM. So I think this a good strat, just needs some practicing.