PDA

View Full Version : The Jammer

Law
12-08-2010, 08:46 AM
Is anybody (other than myself) using this?

I've been experimenting with it lately and I like it! It replaces the claymore so I was hesitant at first. I kept seeing it used on me and I was getting very aggravated when my map would blank out. You don't realize how much you depend on the map until it's jammed!
When deployed, the coverage area shows a green hue on my map; the coverage circle is roughly the size of one of the houses and part of the backyard on Nuketown, or the entire middle circle building on Array.

I was wondering if my team mates see the same green coverage area on their maps so they know where the "green zone" is...
Another good thing about it is you can pick it up and move it to a different location, as needed.
A full team of MP's deploying jammers in a match would wreak havoc on the enemy team!!!

Psalm
12-08-2010, 08:52 AM
I don't use it...because it lets the enemy know where you are. There was a perk in modern warfare 2 called scrambler which did the same thing....it always scrambled the radar around you..
I prefer the motion sensor. It allows you to know where they are...not the other way around.
Although....if a whole team used it. That would work very well. Problem would be you would have to "not die"

Law
12-08-2010, 09:41 AM
I don't use it...because it lets the enemy know where you are. There was a perk in modern warfare 2 called scrambler which did the same thing....it always scrambled the radar around you..
I prefer the motion sensor. It allows you to know where they are...not the other way around.
Although....if a whole team used it. That would work very well. Problem would be you would have to "not die"

I see what you saying...the enemy still has to come looking for you anyways, so why not hinder them in the process. I usually don't camp, and I usually don't rush, I guess I do a little of both...so the jammer might be a good equipment to use for someone who is working a tactical masterpiece!!

TonkaToys
12-08-2010, 10:46 AM
The jammer differs from scrambler because you could plant a jammer almost as a decoy to convince the enemy you are nearby, whereas the scrambler perk is attached to you, so if you moved so did it. That meant sneaking up on people was almost impossible because their maps would start to fade as you approached.

ProfUnderDog
12-08-2010, 11:33 AM
I think it depends on the mode you're playing. When playing CTF and Demolition, I noticed some groups using motion sensors and jammers very effectively, and as a result I started to use the motion sensor myself. In any game in which there is a fixed target (I would include headquarters in this category), it would be great for the team to deploy both.

As for radar, I've noticed a lot of people really on it almost exclusively, and are quite good at it. I've really noticed this in the difference in my game when I run ghost versus lightweight or hardline.

Borlaxx
12-08-2010, 11:45 AM
I hate the jammer for the same reason as Psalm. It benefits the enemy more than you. There have been many times that I am just running and notice my radar starting to get jammed. Now I know someone is camping nearby, so I slow down, and creep around the corner. BOOM! They are dead. If they didn't have the jammer I would have just run right by them and they would have killed me.

The motion sensor, on the other hand, is great. It is like a portable mini spy plane. I will set it in a high traffic area and leave the area. Then if I notice people showing up in that area I will head back and try to kill them.

Law
12-08-2010, 12:36 PM
I hate the jammer for the same reason as Psalm. It benefits the enemy more than you. There have been many times that I am just running and notice my radar starting to get jammed. Now I know someone is camping nearby, so I slow down, and creep around the corner. BOOM! They are dead. If they didn't have the jammer I would have just run right by them and they would have killed me.

The motion sensor, on the other hand, is great. It is like a portable mini spy plane. I will set it in a high traffic area and leave the area. Then if I notice people showing up in that area I will head back and try to kill them.

True...but I think it works best on smaller maps anyways, like Nuketown or Havana. I think I'm using it in a different way than your average camper trying to set up camp...I will usually go to where the action is, (it's usually the same general area per match) deploy it, if the action moves, I will pick it up and move it again...
Unless your using a silenced weapon, the enemy is gonna see you shooting anyways, so the rusher will head towards you anyway,and then his map goes blank...he can't see you shooting, and he can't see his team mates either...

I guess it really depends on your game style and the map you're playing...and the mode. If everyone had one and deployed it at different parts of a large map, this might be interesting...