PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Blade

Trez
12-13-2010, 10:22 AM
[yt:gasrvptq]JDvPIhCd8N4[/yt:gasrvptq]

Infinity Blade is a sword fighting Action RPG for the iPhone (3GS and 4) and iPad. It was developed by ChAIR (Shadow Complex) and Epic Games (Gears, Unreal Tournament...) It runs the Unreal 3 engine. Yes, the Unreal Engine on a phone!

This game is absolutely incredible, gorgeous, and has amazing touch controls. If you have a compatible iDevice I cannot recommend this game enough. This game far exceeds anything I've played on my phone before, and it blows any casual game out of the water on all levels. Infinity Blade truly is amazing! I can't praise it enough.

It's $5.99 at the moment. It may sound like a lot if you're used to $.99 price tags, but this is far from your average $.99 purchase. Updates-hopefully free-are already confirmed. If you're not ready to drop $5.99 just yet wait for that iTunes card in your stocking, or at least check out Epic Citadel (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/epic-citadel/id388888815?mt=8) (free) to see what the Unreal Engine can do.

Has anyone else downloaded this game? I'd really like to get some MPs on my friends list so we can share stats, strategies and such.

Trez
03-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Epic/Chair released content pack 2 yesterday. The free update includes...

* Access to the all-new “Dungeon” game play environment.
* Six new game arenas, which nearly doubles the size of the game.
* The Deathless Kings, ten new enemies, including the Wood Jester, the Iron Guard, the Plated Sorok, the Warden, and more.
* Removal of level cap.
* 30 all-new magic rings, swords, shields, helmets, and armor.
* New achievements and compete on the leaderboards.
* New options including multiple character slots, dodge button size slider, and audio volume controls.

They have also lowered the price to $2.99. If you have a compatible device this is a must have game.
This game has been groundbreaking for the platform and it just gets better.
Infinity Blade will see even more exposure and undoubtedly more content as it's being heavily marketed in conjunction with the upcoming iPad 2.

Trez
05-18-2011, 10:40 AM
So the much-anticipated multiplayer is releasing tomorrow at no cost.

Here's a rundown from IGN (http://wireless.ign.com/articles/116/1168865p1.html). I assumed it would be hero versus hero, instead it's hero versus bosses. It looks pretty cool and they came up with an interesting way to implement the enemy attacks.

[yt:zieud04i]Eh1WNlx0HLA[/yt:zieud04i]

The update also includes single player content.

I know a couple MPs played this once upon a time. I've played it off and on, but I'll definitely be playing this. Has the multiplayer release whet your appetite to pick it up again?

Trez
05-20-2011, 12:37 PM
I've played quite a bit of the multiplayer update since release yesterday. I've always been a fan of this game's swiping touch controls. Putting those skills up against another player is seriously intense. Not to toot my own horn but I've had some pretty good success both as Hero and Titan. Like the feature says having upgrades between rounds adds to the strategy. I've always said this is a must have for iDevices, moreso with the multiplayer update. I've encountered a few connection issues (mostly in menu screens, the gameplay's lag free) and Game Center was down for a while after release. I'm not sure if that was Infinity Blade related but I can only assume it was. I can't give this update enough praise. It's awesome! There's been a price break for a while too. It's $2.99 currently.

[yt:pz10oymv]oIWP1fcmX8A[/yt:pz10oymv]

johnboy
05-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Sounds pretty cool trez. Pity I don't have and won't be getting an iPhone. My contract is up for renewal this weekend but for what I pay a month, there is no chance of me getting an iPhone without having to pay something ridiculous for the handset. So I'll be staying with HTC and droid for the foreseeable future.

Trez
05-20-2011, 02:46 PM
JB I heard something about possible Android development of Infinity Blade. I don't know how credible it is though. Maybe after they're done dominating the App Store they'll move over the other devices.

Trez
06-23-2011, 09:32 AM
Nate recently asked me if this was on Droid. Currently it is not. But the developers are planning a Q&A session soon and were asking for fan questions via a Facebook post. I as well as several others asked about Android development. I'll report back with any details. Droid users have always been asking for this and it seems to have reached a fever pitch.

TrojanTeacher
06-23-2011, 10:45 AM
Cool, maybe a new game to add to the collection.

Trez
06-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Dude, this is a must have! Seriously!

Sucks you just missed out on the $2.99 price. It ended last weekend. It's totally worth the current $5.99.
This game is awesome, gorgeous, and has great gameplay. There's lots of support behind it too. There have been 4 updates so far, all free.

Trez
08-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Dude, this is a must have! Seriously!

Sucks you just missed out on the $2.99 price. It ended last weekend. It's totally worth the current $5.99.
This game is awesome, gorgeous, and has great gameplay. There's lots of support behind it too. There have been 4 updates so far, all free.

Infinity Blade is half price at the moment, $2.99. Check it out (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/infinity-blade/id387428400?mt=8).

Trez
10-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Infinity Blade II trailer released to coincide with the Apple Event on Oct. 4.

[yt:1mymmkzc]lHE6IYKhIUE[/yt:1mymmkzc]

Personally, I liked the demo they showed at the actual event (as seen from the Keynote Podcast (http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/apple-keynotes/id275834665)) more than the trailer, but they're both stunning.