PDA

View Full Version : New Map Pack Announced

RFK48
12-19-2010, 11:12 PM
Saw this on the COD site. Looks like we only get 4 MP maps and 1 Zombie map for $15. Not sure if I will be buying these or not, guess it will depend on if they get all the issues fixed first! Didn't we get 6 maps with MW2?
Here's the link:
http://pressxordie.com/2010/12/20/black ... ing-feb-1/ (http://pressxordie.com/2010/12/20/black-ops-first-strike-map-pack-coming-feb-1/)

Borlaxx
12-20-2010, 06:13 AM
We got 5 maps in MW2, three new and two from MW1 in each pack. I will not be buying this until they fix the PS3 version.

Jackie R
12-20-2010, 07:50 AM
I will not be buying this until they fix the PS3 version.
Yep same here. Looks like based on what they are saying, maps will be out on the PS3 sometime in March. If the online isn't fixed by then, then it will be a mute point for me as I will in all likelihood moved on to Killzone 3. ;)

Borlaxx
12-20-2010, 09:12 AM
Yep same here. Looks like based on what they are saying, maps will be out on the PS3 sometime in March. If the online isn't fixed by then, then it will be a mute point for me as I will in all likelihood moved on to Killzone 3. ;)
Same here. Reserved KZ3 this weekend.

RC-1136
12-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Homefront comes out in March, too. I will keep play Black Ops, but I will not be spending any more money on it until everything is fixed.

TonkaToys
12-20-2010, 10:27 AM
Ditto.

SPE825
12-20-2010, 02:01 PM
Agreed in that I'm not giving Treyarch a dime until other people are the Guinea Pigs for the new map packs. I'm really looking forward to KZ3/Homefront/Resistance 3. The videos I've seen of the campaign play in KZ3 put all CoD games to shame. Amazing graphics. I'm also happy that Resistance 3 will have multiplayer game play that's based on progression and unlocks like CoD.

Psalm
12-20-2010, 03:55 PM
The PS3 version seemed better to me this weekend....I'll probably buy it.

Borlaxx
12-20-2010, 04:04 PM
I still think this price point is too high. Look at the BC2 Vietnam expansion in comparison for the same price. Same number of maps. However, BC2 maps are epic in comparion. Also, BC2V comes will all new weapons, vehicles, challenges, a new look, etc. BC2V is well worth $15. BO map pack is not worth $15. If I could play the game without the freezing, diconnects and other issues I would think about it.

Psalm
12-20-2010, 04:43 PM
I still think this price point is too high. Look at the BC2 Vietnam expansion in comparison for the same price. Same number of maps. However, BC2 maps are epic in comparion. Also, BC2V comes will all new weapons, vehicles, challenges, a new look, etc. BC2V is well worth $15. BO map pack is not worth $15. If I could play the game without the freezing, diconnects and other issues I would think about it.
I suppose...as long as you don't have to pay for BFBC2 twice.... ;)

Borlaxx
12-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Touche

=))

xMisFitToyx
12-21-2010, 09:02 AM
What do think the odds are that the Wii will ever get these?

johnboy
12-21-2010, 09:04 AM
I read somewhere yesterday that PS3, Wii and PC will all get the option to buy on 1st March.

wilmh
12-21-2010, 03:10 PM
I'll probably get the maps...unless I can find another game that I REALLY like. BC2 just doesn't do it for me. :(

Borlaxx
12-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Killzone 3 comes out in February. It will likely be better than both BO and Homefront.

Borlaxx
12-21-2010, 03:33 PM
B - i know this will make your blood boil!!!

http://modsonline.com/Forums-top-132764.html
Could be true, but many of those "images" look fake as hell.

xMisFitToyx
12-21-2010, 04:15 PM
I read somewhere yesterday that PS3, Wii and PC will all get the option to buy on 1st March.

sWiit :-bd

I love the variety in the maps that BlOps has given us...........More = Better

RC-1136
12-21-2010, 04:16 PM
The Wii and PC will definately be getting the new maps, too. Some of the pics in the link are real, but others I'm not oo sure about. I can't get too excited about these yet.

Jackie R
12-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Killzone 3 comes out in February. It will likely be better than both BO and Homefront.
Well, if I were to bet on which will have the best multiplayer experience for a PS3 owner at the end of the day, my money would be on KZ3 ;)

OneSpankyBadger
12-22-2010, 08:32 AM
Gah! Xbox get it first again?! Screw you Kotick. Screw you.

Borlaxx
12-22-2010, 08:48 AM
Gah! Xbox get it first again?! Screw you Kotick. Screw you.
As long as M$ bribes developers with their bottomless pockets this will continue to happen. Guess it is one of the perks for having to pay to play online. I can wait for a map pack if that means I continue to get to play online for free. Besides, this way we can also hear if the packs are worth the money from the 360 peeps first.

devilsadvoc8
01-03-2011, 10:09 AM
I haven't had any disconnect issues in about 2 weeks for CODBO for the PS3. It seems to have worked itself out. Am I the exception? I also switched from a wireless to a wired connection as well.

Borlaxx
01-03-2011, 10:54 AM
I haven't had any disconnect issues in about 2 weeks for CODBO for the PS3. It seems to have worked itself out. Am I the exception? I also switched from a wireless to a wired connection as well.
I had zero problems playing for several hours this weekend :D

Jackie R
01-03-2011, 11:42 AM
I had zero problems playing for several hours this weekend :D
Seemed a lot better for me last week as well. :-bd

lore77
01-18-2011, 09:58 AM
got this in my e-mail this morning about new map pack.

http://www.callofduty.com/intel/435?path=intel/435

Gabeortega
01-26-2011, 11:50 PM

I think you mean "moot" point but I understood.
Hopefully all the kinks will be worked out by the time PS3 gets it.

Psalm
01-27-2011, 09:15 AM

I think you mean "moot" point but I understood.
Hopefully all the kinks will be worked out by the time PS3 gets it.
Gabe...I don't have you on my friends list....please add me.

c0bra
01-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Someone know when this Map pack will be availbale on PS3? I did not play COD since hollidays (God of Wars trilogy kept me busy and I was a little bit tired with all those disconnecting issue we experienced on PS3). But those new maps could bring me back!

johnboy
01-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Someone know when this Map pack will be availbale on PS3? I did not play COD since hollidays (God of Wars trilogy kept me busy and I was a little bit tired with all those disconnecting issue we experienced on PS3). But those new maps could bring me back!

1st Feb for Microshaft Shitbox and 1st March for PS3 nd PC no word on Wii yet :( although some say that an extra slot has become avalable on Wii zombies.

RC-1136
01-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Screw the XBOX and Activision and their Map Pack.

cubizzle
01-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Screw the XBOX and Activision and their Map Pack.

word!

01-28-2011, 05:03 PM
to your mother.

c0bra
01-30-2011, 10:57 PM

1st Feb for Microshaft **** and 1st March for PS3 nd PC no word on Wii yet :( although some say that an extra slot has become avalable on Wii zombies.
One month later!! how much microsoft have paid to Treyarch to delay this Mappack for PC and PS3! :cuss:

Tembis
01-31-2011, 09:16 AM
I'm still not sure I'm going to be buying the new maps. I can hardley play the maps they have in the game now!! This has to be the most inconsistant game I have ever played. One minute I'm kicking butt, taking out three guys in a row, then next round, I'm dead before I can even lift my gun up. I'm not sure I'm ready to throw more money into a broken game...havn't decided yet.

lore77
02-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Received an e-mail from them informing me about the release of the map pack on the 360. I sent the below reply, I don't expect anything to come of it but, what the hell why not try.

To Activision,

A) I have a PS3 not an X-box. Paying extra for online multiplayer, no thank you.

B) The Online multiplayer portion of your game on the PS3 does not function properly.
There is no way I would consider paying more money for this game or any add-on features until it is fixed.

C) It would be a nice gesture if you were to offer something in compensation to your PS3 users.
Perhaps releasing the new map pack for free or at a discounted price. Maybe a free PS3 exclusive map or something to make up for all of our trouble.

Thank you and have a great day,
Kyle

cubizzle
02-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Received an e-mail from them informing me about the release of the map pack on the 360. I sent the below reply, I don't expect anything to come of it but, what the hell why not try.

To Activision,

A) I have a PS3 not an X-box. Paying extra for online multiplayer, no thank you.

B) The Online multiplayer portion of your game on the PS3 does not function properly.
There is no way I would consider paying more money for this game or any add-on features until it is fixed.

C) It would be a nice gesture if you were to offer something in compensation to your PS3 users.
Perhaps releasing the new map pack for free or at a discounted price. Maybe a free PS3 exclusive map or something to make up for all of our trouble.

Kyle

well done sir. I received the same XBox 360 email today. I was midly confused to say the least.

c0bra
02-01-2011, 09:06 PM

To Activision,

Kyle

Nice! :cheers:

johnboy
02-10-2011, 06:20 AM
Not that it sounds like many of you are buying this but wasnt it supposed to be released on 1st march for PS3? Release eate Is now 3rd March. Yet another fuck up by Activision.

Bulvinne
02-15-2011, 02:25 PM
What's all these issues I keep hearing that need fixing? I myself have noticed the hit detection seems to blow chunks.

Bul.

(btw, if any computer savvy guy knows how to make those signature graphics, that would be cool to know:) )

Borlaxx
02-15-2011, 02:35 PM
What's all these issues I keep hearing that need fixing? I myself have noticed the hit detection seems to blow chunks.
- Hit detection
- horrible lag
- poor frame rate on the PS3
- connection problems
- flat maps
- unbalanced weapons
- crappy spawning system
- game freezing
- leaderboards and stats incorrect
- many glitches like being killed by someone shooting your dead body as soon as you spawn back in

I am sure there are more.

Borlaxx
02-15-2011, 02:38 PM
- Hit detection
- horrible lag
- connection problems
- flat maps
- unbalanced weapons
- crappy spawning system
- game freezing
- many glitches like being killed by someone shooting your dead body as soon as you spawn back in

Forgot:

- gun jamming in zombie mode when lots of zombies on the screen

Psalm
02-15-2011, 02:44 PM
- Hit detection
- horrible lag
- connection problems
- flat maps
- unbalanced weapons
- crappy spawning system
- game freezing

Host migration shitting itself on a regular basis....

02-15-2011, 07:23 PM
Not to mention being turned on by a 12 year old when clearly he should've been killed by the 6 or 7 shots you put into him on your screen and you end up dead.

02-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Yeah guys (and gals), I won't be purchasing the map pack for this one.

Borlaxx
02-16-2011, 08:05 AM
Not to mention being turned on by a 12 year old....
:-o :p :)) :-"

RC-1136
03-02-2011, 08:08 AM
I'm just curious, is anyone planiing on getting the map pack tomorrow? I'm not. I used my $20 in PSN points to buy Modern Combat Domination, The Marvel Pack on LBP and Angry Birds.

Borlaxx
03-02-2011, 08:36 AM
I'm just curious, is anyone planiing on getting the map pack tomorrow? I'm not. I used my $20 in PSN points to buy Modern Combat Domination, The Marvel Pack on LBP and Angry Birds.
Not a chance in hell. [-(

I am still contemplating trading in this game for Dragon Age 2.

wilmh
03-02-2011, 11:32 AM
I was/am.....sort of still on the fence.

The KZ3 rental went back Sunday, so Blops is my current #1 game and BC2 is #2. Not too many people are playing either game, although we did have a party of 5 playing Blops last night. While I do want the MP maps, I really want the Zombie map.

I will probably buy it and just "share" the download with a friend for a couple of beers.

TonkaToys
03-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Double XP this weekend. I don't think I'll get the maps, but I might try to play this weekend.

Gabeortega
03-03-2011, 07:42 PM
I just got the email today about the new map pack being released. I haven't logged on to PS3 yet....any one know the price?

RFK48
03-03-2011, 07:45 PM
I just got the email today about the new map pack being released. I haven't logged on to PS3 yet....any one know the price?

$16.04 after tax. I got it, it's pretty good and the new patch seems like a winner too! Only thing I dont like is I had to buy 25 bucks in store credit.

Gabeortega
03-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Thanks.
Yeah, I hate that part about buying PS cards.

wilmh
03-04-2011, 08:41 AM

$16.04 after tax. I got it, it's pretty good and the new patch seems like a winner too! Only thing I dont like is I had to buy 25 bucks in store credit.
Did you buy a PSN card from a store?

I think mine came out to $15.96 with tax, but I was able to only have that exact amount charged on my credit card.

Obviously I got it.....and proceeded to get my butt kicked last night. :(

RFK48
03-04-2011, 12:26 PM

Did you buy a PSN card from a store?

I think mine came out to $15.96 with tax, but I was able to only have that exact amount charged on my credit card.

Obviously I got it.....and proceeded to get my butt kicked last night. :(

No I used a credit card. Last year when I bought the MW2 map packs I was able to just charge the exact amount. I got my ass kicked last night too! Things seem a little different since the inclusion of Mercenary Mosh Pit, which I think was a bad idea. I thought it seemed clear that the community wanted Merc Domination not mosh pit. Plus I think the Xbox guys with ps3's were waitin for us like we were Christmas noobs!

devilsadvoc8
03-05-2011, 10:43 AM
I guess I'll have to get the map pack. I haven't played in a week and got my ass handed to me for about 6 straight matches. These were on the old maps, it seemed something in the game play changed with the patch or else I just got really rusty in 5 days. I was able to Prestige to level 4 and in one match of search and destroy (what ever mode is where you alternatively defend and plant 2 bomb sites) moved from level 1 to 8!

wilmh
03-08-2011, 10:40 AM
I guess I'll have to get the map pack. I haven't played in a week and got my ass handed to me for about 6 straight matches. These were on the old maps, it seemed something in the game play changed with the patch or else I just got really rusty in 5 days. I was able to Prestige to level 4 and in one match of search and destroy (what ever mode is where you alternatively defend and plant 2 bomb sites) moved from level 1 to 8!
Nice!!!!

I took 5 days off when Killzone came out and I played Killzone exclusively. Ever since then I've been struggling....even with a hardwired connection. :(

I'm getting it back slowly, but something needs to give. X(