PDA

View Full Version : New Wii owner

Jackie R
12-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Hi all...I just bought my kids a Wii for Christmas and was wondering if any of you could help me out.

I have 10 yr old twins (one boy, one girl) and I am looking for games that would be appropriate for their age group.

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance. ;)

CB-40
12-26-2010, 11:21 AM
How about Mario Kart, Boom Blox, Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros, or even Rock Band? The new Donkey Kong is supposed to be pretty good. Anyway, just a few....

LandShark
12-26-2010, 11:29 AM
my 11 year old girl recommends Dance central, boom blocks, club penguin and rock band, my 7 year old boy recommends the mario bros, pokemon and bakugan. of course thats just what they are into

Trez
12-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Dance Central is Kinect. Maybe you mean Just Dance? Just Dance 2 came out recently. My wife got that for the kiddos.

Law
12-27-2010, 06:23 AM
Awesome...wii should be seeing you on Blops soon?!!!?!?!??

johnboy
12-27-2010, 08:29 AM
I would recommend cough cough ahem Blops, cough cod reflex, cough Mario kart, no though seriously Mario kart is good, I've heard a lot of people saying donkey Kong country is really good, any of the mario games s a must really, don't know about the dancing games or guitar hero, rayman raving rabbids series of games are all funny to play doesn't matter If your an adult or a kid. You could look at getting the balance board for Wii fit or Wii fit plus, they are both quite good fun and good for keeping supple. Even with my bad hips/knees/back, I am the hula hoop champion in our house! It shows my gymnastics I did as a kid still shines through! ;) D)

Borlaxx
12-27-2010, 10:20 AM
If your kids love kart racers, which I know they do from ModNation, then I suggest Mario Kart Wii. I think MNR is better, but MKW is excellent as well, and a lot of fun with the wheel.

There is a fun and simple kid friendly FPS game that you can download called Water Warfare where you use water guns instead of real guns. COD it is not, and it was really hard to find anyone online to play against, but you can play against each other and bots in offline split screen. I think it is about $10-$15 to download.

The Mario Galaxy games are excellent, but you may want to get the first one instead of the second as the first is easier for kids to play.

An excellent and very fun game is Super Smash Bros for wii. It is a crazy fighting game with up to four people playing at a time. LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF FUN. This is the game out of all my Wii games that I miss the most after selling my Wii.

In terms of collections of mini-games for party games, the Raymen Raving Rabbids games are a lot of fun, and I think the TV party one is the best. Another game that many people love is Warioware. I have never played it, but I understand it is great. Avoid the Mario Party games. They are apparently boring and frustrating.

Psalm
12-27-2010, 10:25 AM
we traded in our Wii and got a new RED one this fall...it came with New Super Mario bros...which has been a blast to play with 3 or 4 people.
Unlike what Nate said..we have Mario Party 8 and I found it fun...my wife and kids played it tons as well.

We got a great game to play on the PS3 for the family...Monopoly Streets...which has been a blast.

Jackie R
12-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Awesome...wii should be seeing you on Blops soon?!!!?!?!??
Sorry...I think that I'll be sticking to my PS3 for those types of games. The Wii is pretty much for the kids and my wife who got Wii Fit Plus for Christmas (man...those bills in January are not going to be pretty :( ).

Thanks for helping me out with the suggestions everyone, should make things a little easier.

I think that my son will really like Mario Kart and my daughter would probably really like that dance game which was mentioned.

I really appreciate the input! :hug:

LandShark
12-27-2010, 01:27 PM
GET BLOPS

xMisFitToyx
12-27-2010, 05:32 PM
What's not to love about a game system called Wiiiiiiiiiiiiii

:D

Phantom
01-04-2011, 04:02 PM
... Avoid the Mario Party games. They are apparently boring and frustrating.......

I had Mario Party 8and it was hours of fun! The mini games are hilarious. I can also highly recommend Wii Party.

Jackie R
01-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. :cheers:

TonkaToys
01-04-2011, 06:33 PM
My boys, yes boys, enjoy the JustDance game.
Raving Rabbits is great.