PDA

View Full Version : Can't create an account

Tembis
01-03-2011, 03:59 PM
I just bought the game and got the game updated and installed. Then went buy the Vietnam Map Pack. Go to check it out and it asks me to create an account. It has my email addy, and put in a 9 letter password and it says it can't create the account. it also says that it should ask me for my VIP code first time I start it. No prompting for it at all and when I go to the ingame store, I get the same issue were it won't create an account.

Any ideas Team MP?????

DayliteMag
01-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Hmmm, tought one Tembis. It's been a long time since I first installed BC2. It seems to me that when I first got the game I was asked to enter the VIP code right away. After that I never had to enter it again. Getting any of the DLC has always been a simple matter of going to the in-game Store and selecting/confirming the download. I assume you have an XBL account and that you have enough MS points purchased. If not, then perhaps this is the problem? Others may have better advice, sorry.

DayliteMag
01-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Hmmm, tought one Tembis. It's been a long time since I first installed BC2. It seems to me that when I first got the game I was asked to enter the VIP code right away. After that I never had to enter it again. Getting any of the DLC has always been a simple matter of going to the in-game Store and selecting/confirming the download. I assume you have an XBL account and that you have enough MS points purchased. If not, then perhaps this is the problem? Others may have better advice, sorry.

Oops! Classic forum fail! I see you bought for the PS3 - unfortunately, I don't have any experience with the PS3. I would still think that you would just enter the VIP code one time - same as on the XBOX.

Tembis
01-03-2011, 04:37 PM
That's the thing, it never did. It said there was a newer version of the software, downloaded and installed that, then the game just came up. I read that I can enter it anytime at the ingame store. I tried to enter the ingame store, and it asks to create an account. It comes up with my email address, I create a password and try to connect, and it says failed to create account.

It also says this when I try to connect to multiplayer...

TrojanTeacher
01-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Was this a NEW game, or a pre-OWNED game?

Tembis
01-03-2011, 05:16 PM

Brand new Ultimate copy...just bought today. It has a code in the box...I don't even get to put it in though. I think it has something to do with there servers. Took a look at there forums and some peeps said something about not being able to connect to try again later...pretty much what is happening to me.

I can't create an account. Do any of you remember having to create an account for the game? It askes when I try to connect to mulitplayer and the ingame store.

DayliteMag
01-03-2011, 05:28 PM
I do not recall having to "create an account" for the game. Enter VIP code, yes; create account, no. Do you have an account at EA.COM? Not sure why this would matter, but you might want to try coming at it from that direction.

Psalm
01-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Yeah...I would go create an EA account first. I remember having to do that as well...I think it asks for your VIP code after that.

Tembis
01-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the ideas guys!! I have done this while I was waiting for some :-? I had created one awhile ago (it seems) and had to reset the password. So, hopefully it will resolve my issue. Won't be able to check until the wife and little one go to bed tonight. Hope to join some MP's!!!! I don't want to have to check this out with out some MP backup 8-}

Tembis
01-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Success!!! thanks for the suggestions MP's!! Played my first game...0 kills 7 Deaths :-B

johnboy
01-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Success!!! thanks for the suggestions MP's!! Played my first game...0 kills 7 Deaths :-B

\m/ ^:)^ :applause: :))

antagonizer
01-04-2011, 07:03 PM
so u had to update your account at ea? create one? just go to any ea site or is there a specific one? I am thinking about getting this real soon so I don't want any issues either. Thanks.

dustin
01-04-2011, 07:15 PM
man i think it goes by your email address for you xbl account when you make your account....idk if you have xbox or not but thats how i did it

dustin
01-04-2011, 07:19 PM

Brand new Ultimate copy...just bought today. It has a code in the box...I don't even get to put it in though. I think it has something to do with there servers. Took a look at there forums and some peeps said something about not being able to connect to try again later...pretty much what is happening to me.

I can't create an account. Do any of you remember having to create an account for the game? It askes when I try to connect to mulitplayer and the ingame store.
there should be a place in the ps3 dashboard where you can "redeem a code", you should be able to put it in there and directly download it from the dashboard.... thats the best i can offer you

Tembis
01-04-2011, 07:40 PM
so u had to update your account at ea? create one? just go to any ea site or is there a specific one? I am thinking about getting this real soon so I don't want any issues either. Thanks.

I bought it for the PS3. I went to ea.com (I already had an account which I created in 2008) but for got the password it seems 8-} I went to create a new on on there, and it said my email was already being used, so I clicked on the "forgot your password" link and reset it. I waited most of the day, when my daughter went to bed, I was able to get on with no problem. So, it was either a coinsidence (hate spelling) or that is what I needed to do. I would suggest you create one just to save you the trouble.

Tembis
01-04-2011, 07:42 PM

there should be a place in the ps3 dashboard where you can "redeem a code", you should be able to put it in there and directly download it from the dashboard.... thats the best i can offer you

I'm all set now. But it wouldn't have made a difference. It was the game I couldn't play. I downloaded the Vietnam maps no problem from PSN Store. It was when I went to multiplayer it would ask me to create the account.