PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Grenades

Borlaxx
01-06-2011, 01:26 PM
What is your favorite tactical grenade and why?

I used to like the decoy, but the more people play the less useful it is. Seems like most people know what it sounds like compared to a real gun in the game. If you are sound whoring, like I have been doing recently, it is REALLY easy to tell the sound of a decoy over a real gun (sounds like fire crackers inside a mail box........not that I have ever done such a thing).

I tried the Nova gas for a bit, but it just seemed pretty useless to me. Doesn't daze the enemy as much as other tac nades, the gas doesn't cover as big an area as I hoped, the damage is minimal unless someone just stands in the cloud like a fool, and the effect seems to be delayed rather than instant like other tac nades.

The two I have been using the most are the flashbang and the wiley pete (smoke nade). I like how the flashbang completely blinds the enemy, making them easy to kill. The smoke nade is awesome for moving up an open area that is being covered by campers. I had one match on WMD where the other team seemed to have my team trapped on one side of the map. For about two minutes the two teams just kept picking each other off from the same spots with neither team making any ground. I threw out a smoke nade and rushed the other teams position. I think they were in shock when I emerged from the cloud right in front of them, and proceeded to kill four of them in a matter of about 5 seconds.

Jackie R
01-06-2011, 02:18 PM
I try and stay away from the flash grenades as I usually end up blinding my own team with them. :-s

Smoke nades on the other hand are great during objective games. They are great in providing cover when arming / disarming bombs. ;)

xMisFitToyx
01-06-2011, 03:20 PM
What is your favorite tactical grenade and why?

I tried the Nova gas for a bit, but it just seemed pretty useless to me.

Nova Gas is good for DOM, HQ and DEM where a player has to hold down an objective.......if you toss Nova Gas they have to move or die if they stay in the cloud.

bucksie
01-12-2011, 08:10 AM
I am growing to love the smoke nades, perfect for the odd decoy, throw smoke over there, run over here etc, or through it. Lovely

Law
01-12-2011, 09:18 AM
I've always used Flash but I never ever got any good with it... I probably get myself, and/or my team mates about as much as I get the enemy with it! It really takes precision throwing this...

I have been running with gas lately!!! Just experiencing with it and it seems to work well in certain situations and areas and especially on capture modes.
I like that it pretty much does the same as flash but does wound; and I have gotten kills from weakened enemies.

As far as the smoke, to me it looks like someone popped open a bag of flour!!! I liked the smoke on Reflex a lot better.

johnboy
01-12-2011, 09:25 AM
I've always used Flash but I never ever got any good with it... I probably get myself, and/or my team mates about as much as I get the enemy with it! It really takes precision throwing this...

I have been running with gas lately!!! Just experiencing with it and it seems to work well in certain situations and areas and especially on capture modes.
I like that it pretty much does the same as flash but does wound; and I have gotten kills from weakened enemies.

As far as the smoke, to me it looks like someone popped open a bag of flour!!! I liked the smoke on Reflex a lot better.

I agree with you about the smoke, the smoke on Reflex(CoD4) was a lot more 'smoke' like, I use flash nades only because I'm crap with the rest of them. I used smoke on reflex for dom and S&D but I don't think I've played either on blops yet. Anyone up for some S&D sometime?

RC-1136
01-17-2011, 03:35 PM
I like to use either flash or stun nades followed by a frag. That way if someone is in the area they will be stunned and unable to get away from the frag. I was killed a bunch of times like this. I didn't come up with this myself.

Psalm
01-17-2011, 03:52 PM
The "smoke" in Black ops is WIllie Pete(WP) or White phosphorus and burns very hot and is different than the smoke grenades of the past. It is more of an incendiary device.