PDA

View Full Version : AK-74u?

RC-1136
01-17-2011, 08:58 AM
I keep on hearing how the AK-74u is overpowered, but I struggle getting kills with it. Usually I use a Silencer, or grip and silencer on it. Does anyone use different attachments with more success? Should take the silencer off of it? The only gun that I use that I don't silence is the M-16.

Psalm
01-17-2011, 09:09 AM
For the strangest reason the only attachment I have any luck with on the AK-74 is the red dot... I tend to never use the red dot.. I rarely use it on any other weapons...(Famas sometimes). I hate the iron sights on this weapon...( I like the closed loops of most assault rifles.)
I think with a super connection or host....it is killer. but, usually I don't think it is overpowered.

dinsdale1978
01-17-2011, 09:17 AM
It might also depend on your play style.

I found great success with rapid fire and steady aim pro. Once you know where someone is hip fire and then scope in. You can usually down them faster than they can get a shot off.

Grip works well too, but the increased fire and laser like accuracy usually makes rapid fire better IMO.

Silencer can be good if you are sneaking around but the drop in range can really hurt if you are taking aim from even a moderate distance.

bigdaddyj2468
01-17-2011, 11:00 AM
I've had good luck with it using the grip and rapid fire attachments together

johnboy
01-17-2011, 02:10 PM

I've heard that works well, I've tried all kinds of guns but recently have had some good games with the Aug, both silenced and un-silenced.

Law
01-18-2011, 05:16 PM

^^^^

=T4NUKI=
01-18-2011, 08:01 PM
the only attachment I equip my AK74U is the extended magazine...that's it ! But I dont play much with it , I prefer the MAC11 and the Spectre...

Law
01-22-2011, 10:57 AM

^^^^

Well, apparently this is a "Noob" set up according to the expert gamers on the wiki forums.... not sure why, I personally don't get any more kills running this load-out :-\
I guess maybe because it's available early, so a lot more noobs set it up...

Squignoley
01-23-2011, 02:12 AM
I use the 74u on my runner class. Using sleight of hand pro to ADS faster. I also attach the grip. It seems to work really well for me! In addition, the gun reloads very fast to help with additional carnage. I've always had alot of success with it when I play CTF, and sometimes in other game modes. The best SMG IMO though is the Kiparis.

devilsadvoc8
01-25-2011, 11:19 AM
I use extended mag on the 74u. I find the silencer really takes the bite out of the 74u. Slight of hand makes plus extended mag works very well for me.

wilmh
01-25-2011, 12:49 PM
I run silencer on my S&D class and Rapid fire, grip, or extended mags on my 2nd class (but that class usually has the MPL once it's unlocked.

The silencers REALLY do take the bite out of most of the SMG's.....HOWEVER, I use a silencer on almost all of my SMG and Assult classes as I like to kill and not be heard.

Squignoley
01-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Silencers for me depend on core vs hardcore. I think in core it nerfs the SMG's way too much. I'll use the silencer on my assault class, but not SMG due to this. However, if I'm playing hardcore, it's a pretty minimal difference, so I'll opt to include the silencer.

LiamBriggs90
06-01-2011, 04:46 AM
When i use this class usualy i use it with Rapid Fire and Grip or just Rapid Fire on its own with the Slight Of Hand Pro Perk, i usual get a decent KDR with it, i also use Rapid Fire on the MPK which also has decent KDR from time to time.

NutsFathead
06-01-2011, 06:20 AM
When i use this class usualy i use it with Rapid Fire and Grip or just Rapid Fire on its own with the Slight Of Hand Pro Perk, i usual get a decent KDR with it, i also use Rapid Fire on the MPK which also has decent KDR from time to time.
i wouldnt waste me time with rapid fire unless ur upclose to the enemy otherwise its usless i use the grip with silencer, the mpk with rapid fire is brill for nuke town but i scavenger perk because it eats ur ammo

Ullrsdog
09-13-2011, 02:11 PM
at this point may not make much a differenc in the conversation but the 74U was my go to set up until it was nerfed...which is just a result of crying. I think if the AK would have been the last smg unlock instead of at level 17 (4th smg I think)you wouldn't hear the crying. This is a compact AK 47...plain and simple...so why aren't people saying the AK is over powered? Cause they want that kind of power from an assualt rifle. Now that the 74U is nerfed I only use it with Hardened Perk and rapid fire with Scavanger. If I am going for say ninja pro or a silenced kill contract I will add the silencer but will stick with Hardened so I don't have as much decrease in stopping (penetration) power...but yes will lose range.

IMO the nerfing killed the truth with this one...assualt rifle cartridge in a SMG package SHOULD and WILL dominate almost all the others in this class...unless we're talking Thompsons...simple math...Cal, Velocity, weight = stopping power. So it should slaughter the MP5 -(9mm round) now if we are talking MP5k/10 or 40 it starts to change at close range.

NeloMelo
10-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Really getting butt kicked online,what the best or easy gun,equipment and perk setup? Really need help here.

Ullrsdog
10-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Really getting butt kicked online,what the best or easy gun,equipment and perk setup? Really need help here.

well depends....I'll use Scavenger/Hardened/hacker with rapid fire if I am running with the AK74u.

if not I use Ghost/Hardened/hacker and run a silenced Commando

I also like running Flack Jacket/Hardened/ninja with the AK 47 and the Commando...

those are my favorite setups....

10-14-2011, 03:02 PM
If you're new, the best (not opinion) weapon in the game is the famas. The best perk is ghost (unless you are playing express). This is it. Others might say differently, but just look at the stats. Most peoples best weapon is the famas and I can't tell you how many times ghost has killed me or saved me.

NeloMelo
10-15-2011, 02:28 AM
Yea you told me when we were gaming that one time.I finally leveled up enough for the Famas,actually you told me for my level before was Mpk 5 and I did do a lot better so yea I took your advice.Just leveled and got more stuff.

Ullrsdog
10-16-2011, 06:57 PM
If you're new, the best (not opinion) weapon in the game is the famas. The best perk is ghost (unless you are playing express). This is it. Others might say differently, but just look at the stats. Most peoples best weapon is the famas and I can't tell you how many times ghost has killed me or saved me.

I don't know James you sure like those dual scorpions! :))

Blackops225
10-17-2011, 02:16 AM
I would recommend Ghost and Sleight of Hand and using the Famas or Aug. Reason being most people including myself depend on their maps to locate people and you can get the jump on them easy with them not knowing where you are. As far as killstreaks most people I play with run with Hardline, Scavenger or Flak so I run with spy plane, counter spy plane, and care package. In the middle of the match I usually switch to Hardline before throwing out my care package just to be able to change if needed and then go back to Ghost. I haven't played with MP members lately due to work but hopefully I get a chance sometime this week.

NeloMelo
10-17-2011, 02:23 AM
Thanks for info MPers

10-17-2011, 07:23 AM
Once you get used to the maps, you can leave ghost behind and join us in express. Even in regular modes, I rarely use ghost anymore. After having played express so much, I can't really go back to regular modes. I get kind of angry after playing express and going back to regular when a ghost guy will kill me while in a corner of something. Ghost is a great perk (IMO) when you first start though. It might just be the best perk in the game. As soon as you can, go for the pro version. Getting killed by air support is no fun.