PDA

View Full Version : Was this cheating?

northers
01-21-2011, 08:01 AM
I was on Grid last night and I think I witnessed my first bit of cheating. On this map my current tactic is to lay low and skulk around in the snow outside and pick guys off in the buildings and in the open. (I suck at running and gunning atm as I have only just bought a PS3 having upgraded from the wii).

I took out this one guy and he was pretty cheesed off (microphones - it's a brave new world..) My normal tactic at this point is to get the hell out of dodge, but I decided to hang around, conceal and wait for him to return to try and exact his revenge. I saw him again, creeping round the outside and pang, got him with a headshot. This was repeated once more much to his increased annoyance and at that point I retreated to the other side of the map to bask in the glory of a rare positive kd.

The match was shortly over and I glanced down at the nemesis counter thing and his playercard was there, but the counter said zero kills on him and by him. I have to admit to being in a state of shock. There was no mistake, his player card was unique and unmistakeable and I killed him three times.

Has anyone seen this before? Is it a common occurrence? I flicked through to the 'report user' section and bottled it. I'm still new to this game and the system and my overriding instinct is to see the best in people so I let it go as there may be a perfectly reasonable explanation for it. Or maybe not. I can't decide.

johnboy
01-21-2011, 08:14 AM
I know on the Wii it isn't always right and I also know the PS3 has had probably as many problems so I would think its not working properly. I think you guys are due a patch sometime soon, maybe that will sort it.

Borlaxx
01-21-2011, 08:16 AM
I think that may happen if he left the game prior to the end if you made him rage quit.

northers
01-21-2011, 08:45 AM
'Rage quit'. I like the sound of that!

Psalm
01-21-2011, 09:02 AM
I have quit a game only to be thrown back into the same match....usually when I am losing a TDM 7000 to 2000 and dogs are out..I just quit.
This could have been the case with Him.

eraseNsd
02-26-2011, 10:20 PM
I've had this happen a lot. With or without me or them quitting the match. Here we are after the patch too.

wilmh
02-28-2011, 10:09 AM
Did the lobby reset due to the host leaving?

I see things like this happen when the host leaves a lobby. Everyone's points will reset to 0 while waiting to start the new game. I've never looked at the nemesis tag, but I would expect it to zero out as well.

This also happens and you can occasionally get stuck on the same map for 3 or even 4 straight games instead of limiting at only 2.

OLDTYMER2DAY
04-21-2011, 03:15 PM
WHY do people cheat i don't understand just play just for fun

unerds
04-21-2011, 03:25 PM
the whole nemesis thing is messed.... it almost never gives the correct numbers in my experience.

i get a lot of 0 kills 0 deaths w/ my nemesis and i know they haven't moved from the match at all.

its glitchy is all, i'm pretty sure.

xMisFitToyx
04-21-2011, 03:35 PM
I have noticed it doing this .......... Then I shrug my shoulders and say....Oh Well...... :))

unerds
04-21-2011, 03:39 PM
I have noticed it doing this .......... Then I shrug my shoulders and say....Oh Well...... :))

yeahhh its certainly not a game wrecking glitch.... i could do without it all together... i'll choose my own nemesis anyway...

oreon87
09-01-2011, 06:28 PM
i had a CTF match where i died 3 time with 55kills and my nemesis killed me 12times... so i wouldnt worry about it to much

NeloMelo
10-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Hell I was playing last night,some guy Johnny Snipe I think was his name.This guy was wiping the floor on all the people on our team.The thing was he was level 13 and the others were level 40 and up.I mean he was destroying people.His sprinting was here now gone at least 5 steps away from me.I was trying to knife him he was looking out the window paying no mind to me,then just disappeared turned around and he was like halfway down the hall.He must have done this a couple of times everyone started to bitch about it when directly asked about it,he just dropped from game.This is the stuff that makes me rage quit,I know I suck and my lag sucks but everybody was bitching about him.You all know I like to tag along to watch the guys and learn the maps,maybe try to pickup some pointers on how not to suck.But was following him I could not for all the life of me keep up with him,he would just disappear and I'd run right after him and like 10 steps later he was sniping from somewhere else.I can take getting beat by better players but this was just F**** up.There I vented.Thank you