PDA

View Full Version : Iconic Elder Scrolls games.

ustolemygmrtag
01-25-2011, 02:03 PM
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
I have recently completed the Main quest line in Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion. i am in love With this game. I played allot of RPG's and not even FFVII comes close. 80+ hours of quests, Open world, and a great skill tree. There really is too much to list in this game. It is built with the Fallout 2 engine. If you like the Mid evil type of games, this will keep you busy for months of new and exciting game play. Plus there is a great expansion for this game called Shivering Isles.

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. I have started this one today. Looks to be very promising. I can run it on my Laptop without allot of lag. Graphics are dated, buy what can you expect from a game released in the Early 2000's. Story line is good for now, allot to take in at first.

The other previous Elder Scrolls, have to have Dos to play them. Bethesda has released them from all copyrights, and can be freely downloaded from the internet. I wanna play them, but I will have to wait until I am done with School and Morrowind. Also, Homefront, when released will get allot of game play from me as well.

CELockwood
01-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
I have recently completed the Main quest line in Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion. i am in love With this game. I played allot of RPG's and not even FFVII comes close. 80+ hours of quests, Open world, and a great skill tree. There really is too much to list in this game. It is built with the Fallout 2 engine. If you like the Mid evil type of games, this will keep you busy for months of new and exciting game play. Plus there is a great expansion for this game called Shivering Isles.

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. I have started this one today. Looks to be very promising. I can run it on my Laptop without allot of lag. Graphics are dated, buy what can you expect from a game released in the Early 2000's. Story line is good for now, allot to take in at first.

The other previous Elder Scrolls, have to have Dos to play them. Bethesda has released them from all copyrights, and can be freely downloaded from the internet. I wanna play them, but I will have to wait until I am done with School and Morrowind. Also, Homefront, when released will get allot of game play from me as well.

These were great games. Morrowind has a couple of expansions (can't remember the names) that are worthwhile as well. I've still got Oblivion. One of my kids likes to play it occasionally just to fight some cool monsters.

SlapLaB
01-26-2011, 06:42 AM
I would not bother with any pre-Morrowind game...

I remember playing Daggerfall... horribly buggy, huge world but generic random dungeons, and really difficult.

CELockwood
01-26-2011, 08:00 AM
I would not bother with any pre-Morrowind game...

I remember playing Daggerfall... horribly buggy, huge world but generic random dungeons, and really difficult.

I agree that they don't stand up to expectations of today, but back then? They were pretty good. Heck, at the time I used to play Hack. Anybody remember that one? All text based graphics.

SlapLaB
01-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Yeah the first time I kicked off Daggerfall I was like *wow*...
But then the bugs were really irritating.
Also being killed by the first rat you encounter because you did not make a strength-based character... @-)

People who are complaining about bugs and gameplay issues should be shown what used to happen in those days...

ustolemygmrtag
01-31-2011, 09:18 AM
Yeah the first time I kicked off Daggerfall I was like *wow*...
But then the bugs were really irritating.
Also being killed by the first rat you encounter because you did not make a strength-based character... @-)

People who are complaining about bugs and gameplay issues should be shown what used to happen in those days...

Well, they have a Mod for ES4 Oblivion, so you can play the main story line of Daggerfall through. Allot less buggy. And it really looks good. I am going to play it, go I will get an Idea of the story line. They are also working on a Arena Mod for it as well. I will be playing that one too.