PDA

View Full Version : Ascension

johnboy
01-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Monkey zombies and flying platforms, need I say any more. Looks/sounds awesome, pity we're going to have to buy the MP maps as well.

bigdaddyj2468
02-02-2011, 11:01 AM
the map is huge.

johnboy
02-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Yeah looks like it. Also looks like a revised version of launch except you're mostly on the inside instead of the outside.

RATA MUERTA
02-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Yeah looks like it. Also looks like a revised version of launch except you're mostly on the inside instead of the outside.
Lol that is what I said when the game began! Almost got killed by the platform last night, pretty cool!

johnboy
02-04-2011, 05:57 AM
OK, so they aren't zombie monkeys, they are space monkeys who appear instead of the dogs and steal your perks so you have to protect the perk machines. If you succesfully protect the machines of whichever perks you have they last monkey will drop a perk as well as a max ammo. (not all players will get the same perk, but the problem with this is the more perks you have the more machines you have to protect. There are two new perks which are phd flopper which causes an explosion when you dolphin dive, it also stops any fall damage so you can dolphin dive from a great height and stamin-up which is like marathon/lightweight, juggernog, speed cola and quick revive are back. New weapons which appear are the Matryoshka dolls which replace your grenades and are similar to cluster bombs and the gersch device which replaces monkey bombs and once thrown creates a black hole and sucks the zombies into it. These both come from the mystery box there is one new weapon on you can buy off the wall which is a sickle and replaces the bowie knife. The flying platforms are actually lunar landers.

[spoiler:18riizor]You need to ride all three then hit the activate launch sequence button to launch the rocket (which you can then blow up) once the rocket has been launched you can get to the pack-a-punch machine[/spoiler:18riizor]

There are many easter eggs on Ascension. (I will add them as I haer about them these are what I know so far..........

[spoiler:18riizor]You can switch on a song by finding and activating three teddybears holding a sickle, there are 6 radios that I think explains the gersch device that appear in sequence once you have activated the first one, there are also 4 matryoshka dolls of the main characters (Dempsey, Richtofen, Nikolai and Takeo) who all talk to you, they say different things depending on which character you are, there are a couple of ringing phones (not too sure what happens with these yet)[/spoiler:18riizor]

An example of the PhD flopper perk.
[yt:18riizor]wRhGkUPlDSU[/yt:18riizor]

03-10-2011, 08:31 AM
Good games last night with Dinsdale and OnePaleRider. The zombies seem to be really cheap when you are playing in a party. They just seem to pop out of bushes and slap one time and you die. After PaleRider got off, we played another round or so on this map and then on Kinodertoten. It seems like every time I turned around another zombie was there to slap me. Sorry Dinsdale for making us restart every time. That early dog round was ridiculous. They just kept coming after you went down. I think I stayed up way too late because I feel like a zombie today. Gonna be a loooong day.

s.ghost
03-14-2011, 08:58 AM
this map is hard work. there is no circle as such to run round. when you use the platform and land inside the zombies are there already unlike the other maps where they only come out of the local area, when you went to another room thats when they came out. still good fun to see how far i can get. tried usein the phd flopper by divein off a platform, its okay unless you get it wrong then your surrounded. the vortex does not last to long and as soon as it goes the zombies that are left come runnin at you. got to 22 with just me and the missus. good luck and remember its just a game.

dinsdale1978
03-14-2011, 09:04 AM
I think I am in a zombie mood as of late. Ascension is fun and we made it about 20 levels without glitching the other night. The real key is taking time to unlock the pack a punch early. Then once you get in the teens you can get a crawler and really get the guns you need. An LMG upgraded is just beastly. I sure wish the M60 was available. It would be like a non-stop death machine.

dinsdale1978
03-21-2011, 08:41 AM
We have been having a blast on Zombies with James, TSG, and Murphy as of late. I really dig Ascension. I really need to do the easter egg with this song that plays in the background. You really do need hard rock in the background to make killing easier. This has got to be the craziest video yet of a 50+ level solo.
[yt:1905vi5w]mxPAhuupGPo[/yt:1905vi5w]

dinsdale1978
03-22-2011, 12:16 PM
We did some fun zombie killing last night and the only trophy I need now is the sacrificial lamp trophy. Buying everything off the wall really makes you limited.

05-05-2011, 09:28 AM
I have been playing by myself trying to get the trophy for buying all of the guns off the wall and it is DIFFICULT to do by yourself. I keep getting slapped to death before I can buy jug. If I ever get back online, I would like to try and get this one.

dinsdale1978
05-05-2011, 09:37 AM
I have been playing by myself trying to get the trophy for buying all of the guns off the wall and it is DIFFICULT to do by yourself. I keep getting slapped to death before I can buy jug. If I ever get back online, I would like to try and get this one.

I got your back on this one if you need it. I helped Tasha do it at least once.

05-05-2011, 09:43 AM
It is ridiculous. I bet I tried it at least 7 or 8 times. I will by 5 or 6 weapons and then I get slapped to death. Stupid double slapping zombies.

s.ghost
11-19-2011, 04:27 PM
I spent 3 hours gettin to level 30 with the missus, its outstandin and I loved it sorry to disagree with anyone, but if anyone wants a game with us please let me know on the ps3 and give me 24 hours as I struggle to find 3 hours in one sitting hard to find and needs some planning.