PDA

View Full Version : Homefront or Killzone 3

theczech99
02-01-2011, 08:12 PM
I recently got some cash from friends and family for my birthday. I was planning to preorder a game but canít decide which one I want to get. Iíve been through several different titles last year but keep coming back to BC2. Most of the people I play BC2 with seem to like the same FPS that I like. I was just wondering which of these games you may be getting to help me in my decision.

Tembis
02-02-2011, 12:01 AM
I think I'm going to go with Homefront. I like the story, and multiplayer looks interesting. All the different items you can purchase on the fly. I have not played a KillZone game, but from what I saw in the vids, it's to "Halo" for me. Not that that's a bad thing, I just like the realisam in HF. I've heard a lot of good things about KZ games, and may get it at some point.

dinsdale1978
02-02-2011, 02:13 AM
That's a really tough decision. I am probably going to get both but if Homefront gets the same PS3 support that Black Ops did, I probably won't pick it up. I have a sinking feeling that camping is going to be really annoying in that game because you have to save money up to get the heli's and stuff. So Capt. Noobypants will be slinging his sniper rifle and waiting in a bush somewhere so he can get a few more kills.

Retro
02-02-2011, 02:32 AM
I think I'm going to go with Homefront. I like the story, and multiplayer looks interesting. All the different items you can purchase on the fly. I have not played a KillZone game, but from what I saw in the vids, it's to "Halo" for me. Not that that's a bad thing, I just like the realisam in HF. I've heard a lot of good things about KZ games, and may get it at some point.
I have to say, Killzone destroys Halo. It's a much a grittier game and even though it's sci-fi, it's more realistic.

Beano
02-02-2011, 06:02 AM
I don't know anything about homefront. I was planning on giving KZ a try but now I think I'll check out homefront to see how it looks

wilmh
02-02-2011, 09:29 AM
I recently got some cash from friends and family for my birthday. I was planning to preorder a game but canít decide which one I want to get. Iíve been through several different titles last year but keep coming back to BC2. Most of the people I play BC2 with seem to like the same FPS that I like. I was just wondering which of these games you may be getting to help me in my decision.
I'm in the same boat as you, but with Blops. I enjoy BC2, but I'd still classify myself as a noob in the game and I keep going back to Blops because of my non-MP friends and number of MP's who play Blops over BC2.

I may get both....but I think I'll almost definitely get atleast one of them. I'll definitely play the beta and demo of Killzone 3 (and that will help with that decision) and I'll definitely atleast rent Homefront.

mechatool
02-02-2011, 10:38 AM
I will pick of one of the titles. Don't know which one yet. I don't like Halo either with all the rabbits jumps and all the bullets it takes to kill the other player. I like a more realistic game.

RC-1136
02-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Homefront FTW. I like the Near Future setting better than SciFi. I also never played any of the KZ's and don't want to have to play catch up.

Tembis
02-02-2011, 02:26 PM
I have to say, Killzone destroys Halo. It's a much a grittier game and even though it's sci-fi, it's more realistic.

I wasn't trying to say either of them were better than the other, but just that style of game play. Like I said, I have never played a KZ game, and only briefly played Halo. I've watched vid's of both and the style is the same. The games seem different, but it's the same style. As with RC, I like the "belivalbe" (hope not though) future setting of the SP. Also, I think the Command Something mode will somewhat prevent camping noobs...It will pretty much tell you were they are after awhile...I like that.

lore77
02-08-2011, 10:05 AM
I have played the KZ3 Beta. It is a decent game but, I don't think it is for me. Something about it just doesn't "feel" right.
I'll wait for Homefront and/or crysis2 to come out before I make a final decision. Leaning towards Homefront at this point

Borlaxx
02-08-2011, 10:13 AM
If KZ3 doesn't have the connection issues of the beta, I will be getting that. I like the classes, visuals, and gameplay of the beta. Really like the lack of lag and seemingly perfect hit detection. After the crap that is BO on PS3, I am hesitant to get HF for fear that it will suffer from the same problems. Game design and content is great, but if lag and hit detection are off in a FPS, it is pretty much broken IMO.

Retro
02-08-2011, 10:16 AM
KZ3 will not be using any kind of online pass will it? If there are no codes to get into the MP I might just give it a rent to try it out.

Borlaxx
02-08-2011, 10:21 AM
KZ3 will not be using any kind of online pass will it? If there are no codes to get into the MP I might just give it a rent to try it out.
Not that I have heard of. I forget the name of the mode, but there is a mode a lot like BC2 rush where you fight over an objective. Also, Warzone is a blast. Switches mode multiple times a match. Like others have said, the one thing that could get annoying is the one class that can disguise itself like a member of your team so they can sneak up on you and stab you. However, if you aim at them, their disguise vanishes, and the tactician class (I think it is that one) has a radar perk that doesn't appear to be fooled by the disguise, and the sniper class can spot enemies for you. This game will require a lot of team work and strategy of people running different classes in order to do well.

RC-1136
02-08-2011, 10:59 AM
I have played the KZ3 Beta. It is a decent game but, I don't think it is for me. Something about it just doesn't "feel" right.
I'll wait for Homefront and/or crysis2 to come out before I make a final decision. Leaning towards Homefront at this point

Nice. I would love to play some HF with you Lore.

Psalm
02-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Homefront FTW. I like the Near Future setting better than SciFi. I also never played any of the KZ's and don't want to have to play catch up.
I think this is my sentiments exactly...I voted for HF at this point.

Borlaxx
02-08-2011, 11:18 AM
I think this is my sentiments exactly...I voted for HF at this point.
I am keeping HF open as an option, but there is just something I love about the atmosphere and gameplay of KZ, whereas HF just looks like another modern FPS IMO (although the story does set it apart).

There really isn't much to catch up on in terms of KZ. I only played the first level or two of KZ1, and that didn't keep me from enjoying KZ2. While I normally don't like sci-fi shooters as I find them to be too cheesy and campy (i.e. Halo), I like KZ games because to me they are less sci-fi and more just distant future realism. The guns for the most part are realistic, and the Helgast are just mutated humans, not some alien race. Also, like Retro said, KZ is a very gritty game. If they make a COD game set in the future, I would expect it to look a lot like KZ.

DayliteMag
02-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Oops! Sorry, I just realized this was meant to be a PS3 specific thread. I voted for Homefront.

mechatool
02-08-2011, 12:02 PM
I haven't played any of the KZ games before, but my vote is for the KZ3 right now. I will wait until Homefront comes out with reviews before I make a final judgement.

Retro
02-08-2011, 12:10 PM
If they make a [s:174g4gop]COD[/s:174g4gop] Battlefield game set in the future, I would expect it to look a lot like KZ.

Fixed it for you.

Borlaxx
02-08-2011, 12:45 PM
If they make a [s:fhwaq9os]COD[/s:fhwaq9os] Battlefield game set in the future, I would expect it to look a lot like KZ.

Fixed it for you.
True. The class system and teamwork focus is a lot like a BF game.

theczech99
02-08-2011, 03:25 PM
I think Iím going to hold off on both of these games for now. Iím really tired of buying FPS games to replace BC2 and only play them for about a month, then come right back to BC2. With BF3 coming out this year I will probably wait until then to buy my next day one FPS. I still may pick up KZ3 and Homefront but it will be after they are reduced in price or if everyone keeps playing them longer than a month. For now my money will be going on Uncharted 3, Infamous 2 and BF3.

I still have B Ops and MoH if I really get tired of playing BC2.