PDA

View Full Version : Netflix Issues

MoreCowBell87
02-27-2011, 10:27 AM
I recently started streaming Netflix on my PS3 and then all of the sudden my screen goes black and now I cannot even load the app and see the selection of movies. I have deleted Netflix and reinstalled it and still nothing. I start my ps3 and click on the app and then the screen goes black. I called Netflix and they couldn't do anything. They of it might be the HDMI cable... you mean the one I was using for 2 weeks and then all of the sudden your app stopped working? Don't blame other products!! Then they wanted me to call Sony... So let the run around begin... I have since deleted my Netflix account but I would like to use it again does anyone know how to fix this?

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :-w

CELockwood
02-27-2011, 01:40 PM
I recently started streaming Netflix on my PS3 and then all of the sudden my screen goes black and now I cannot even load the app and see the selection of movies. I have deleted Netflix and reinstalled it and still nothing. I start my ps3 and click on the app and then the screen goes black. I called Netflix and they couldn't do anything. They of it might be the HDMI cable... you mean the one I was using for 2 weeks and then all of the sudden your app stopped working? Don't blame other products!! Then they wanted me to call Sony... So let the run around begin... I have since deleted my Netflix account but I would like to use it again does anyone know how to fix this?

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :-w

No idea how to fix your problem per se, but I will tell you that I had an issue on my media center with Netflix. To make a long story short, I called Netflix and got the "the Media Center app was developed and supported by Microsoft" line, but they gave me the number to call, which I did and they fixed me up in about 15 minutes.

I'm assuming that the PS3 app is similar (developed by Sony), so you may want to give them a shot.

MoreCowBell87
02-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Its fixed!! Not sure how I fixed it because I did a couple things before trying it again, but after deleting all Netflix data and reinstalled it and it worked. Not sure why it worked this time and not the last time I did it. Anyways, it is working for now!! Fingers crossed.

Law
03-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Its fixed!! Not sure how I fixed it because I did a couple things before trying it again, but after deleting all Netflix data and reinstalled it and it worked. Not sure why it worked this time and not the last time I did it. Anyways, it is working for now!! Fingers crossed.

You must have jiggled your HDMI cable!!!

MoreCowBell87
03-03-2011, 06:29 AM

You must have jiggled your HDMI cable!!!

I wish it would have been that simple Law. I tried it on two different tv's and with two different cables. Besides that the playstation and games and movies worked fine. It was just the NetFlix app.that caused the screen to go black.