PDA

View Full Version : Trying to stand in Jello?

imported_BigDaddyPine
03-01-2011, 10:49 PM
(Hi MP's, Missed ya.)

SO I have been away from the battlefield for a while. (Loaned my PS3 to my sister who had some minor surgery). I have tried to play MP BFBC2 the last two days but every time i stop walking, my player drifts a few feet in a random direction. (is that called rubber banding?). Also often when i change weapons it will change back to the previous weapon right away. What gives?

I checked to be sure my network is not over saturated/slow, i verified that i am using my wired connection (which worked great in this exact setup a month or two ago). Things appear to be optimal like they were when I was playing before.

are the servers jacked for everyone, or is something still wrong with my setup?

imported_BigDaddyPine
03-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Hi agirard2003, thanks for the reply. I dont think we have played together before, Nice to "meet" you. :) I saw you guys in game yesterday. Awesome to see there is still a good group of MP playing. (though they were ranked way ahead of me months ago when i was playing hardcore... and they are WAAAAY ahead now. lol.)

I have played with Lag before... this was brutal and consistent. i was actually getting motion a little sickness when i was trying to gun form a moving vehicle because of how bad it was jumping around. If i need to make some changes to my home network i am willing if the issues is on my end. If everyone is sliding around on their screens and walking through walls then i should suck it up and deal. Otherwise i am gonna rip my router apart and start again. :)

imported_BigDaddyPine
03-02-2011, 10:18 PM
So are all you other PS3-ers not having these issues? I just wired my PS3 straight into my router and it is exactly the same, when i stop moving, my character backtracks a few feet. anything that is timing sensitive is jacked up, knife, grenade throws, even weapon changes.... sometimes it will change and other times it will half change then change back to the first weapon.

I just need to know if this is just me, or have the BFBC2 server gone to crap?

sam007
03-03-2011, 12:59 AM
welcome back.

nope, all is fine on my end.

my ISP is Bell Canada using their fibre optic network.

wilmh
03-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Do you have a bad controller?

One of my controllers has a problem with the left joystick not "centering" so when I let go of the controller, my character can still continue walking or the cursor on menus will be going crazy.

Just an idea.

TrojanTeacher
03-03-2011, 03:00 PM
You are experiencing rubber-banding. It's a lag issue on your end most of the time. It fixes itself by the next map, but it's damn annoying.

sam007
03-03-2011, 03:01 PM
When I was using Rogers Portable internet, my gaming experience online for BC2 was just what you explained, the lag.

Portable internet had like a download speed of 1mb as opposed to 10mb right now with Bell's Fibe12

It just might be your ISP and not your router.

imported_BigDaddyPine
03-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Thank you for all the replies. I rebooted my broadband modem, and then had an opportunity to play during the morning today and EVERYTHING WORKED FINE. Good deal. The big test will be to see if things are still stable when i try tonight. :)
Hopefully it was just an issue with my modem.

I am all about taking credit for my own suck-ness during the game... But I dont need help playing WORSE due to conection issues. =)) Thanks for the love. See you on the battlefield!

(Hi Beans! long time no see! :) )

sam007
03-04-2011, 04:43 PM
I thought you had fallen off the face of this earth, time to add you back on list. :)) Along with Bulvine.

imported_BigDaddyPine
03-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Ha, thanks Beans... yah it has been a long time. I am really glad to be back, and i am super bumped for BFBC3