PDA

View Full Version : Homefront DLC

Borlaxx
03-16-2011, 12:14 PM
According to the Wikipedia page, which may be total BS, "Kaos Studios announced that upcoming DLC will take place after the events of Homefront. The DLC will point out directions to a decided sequel taking place in London around the events of Homefront."

I say this could be total BS because wiki isn't know for being super accurate, and the source associated with this info links to a review that doesn't mention this at all.

Bongtoker A2
03-16-2011, 12:39 PM
I've been wondering about the DLC for this game, that would be cool. Any kind of single player DLC would be welcome by me,they could add things like Mass Effect does.

ustolemygmrtag
03-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Homefront: DLC, multiplayer will prevent trade-ins, says dev
Wednesday 16-Mar-2011 4:25 PM

FPS is value for money despite length claims, insists developer

Homefront's extensive multiplayer mode and upcoming DLC schedule will encourage players to stay away from the trade-in bin, developer Kaos has said.

Speaking to CVG in a recent interview, studio GM David Votypka said his game - which requires a paid-for online pass if bought pre-owned - still has plenty to offer despite claims its solo campaign is five hours long.

"I think the multiplayer and the length of that, plus the upcoming DLC is a strong reason to keep the game," Votypka said when asked about trade-in fears.

"The multiplayer has a fairly long unlock tree, it has a lot of replayability and certainly we're going to support the title with DLC as well going forward," he said.

"So I think there will be a pretty strong reason to keep Homefront in the disc tray."

Early Homefront reviews have criticised the length of the game's main story, but the Kaos boss argues that because it offers "an experience that feels different" and an extensive online mode, his shooter is still good value for money.

"You have to have a strong single-player and multiplayer component for $60," he said. "We feel that ultimately we wanted to make a game that people felt, 'yes, I want to spend my $60 on that product'. We think what we're delivering in Homefront is really compelling and also a lot of fun."

RC-1136
03-16-2011, 01:14 PM
They have a lot of work to do before they even think about any DLC.

Psalm
03-16-2011, 01:16 PM
No doubt...I would prefer being able to party up first...lol

ustolemygmrtag
03-16-2011, 01:19 PM
The servers are better now. But that could be that everyone is in school or at work. We will see this afternoon. I am gonna give it a chance, and not be too harsh on judgement. I am going to give it the same time and effort that I did BC2. Not to dis anyone person here, but I am not going to "Follow the heard" because some are too tied to one game. To me, this game is it's own animal, and should not be compared to COD, or BC2. That is like Comparing Halo with KZ3. There is no comparison. /rant

Sorry, just had to vent. All the negativity is getting to me. I think I am going to take a little break today. Later.

Psalm
03-16-2011, 01:22 PM
The servers are better now. But that could be that everyone is in school or at work. We will see this afternoon. I am gonna give it a chance, and not be too harsh on judgement. I am going to give it the same time and effort that I did BC2. Not to dis anyone person here, but I am not going to "Follow the heard" because some are too tied to one game. To me, this game is it's own animal, and should not be compared to COD, or BC2. That is like Comparing Halo with KZ3. There is no comparison. /rant

Sorry, just had to vent. All the negativity is getting to me. I think I am going to take a little break today. Later.
I definetly like the gameplay of HF...I am just suprised they didn't anticipate some of this stuff.
I too am going to give this game the benefit of the doubt and stick with it for a while....

Borlaxx
03-16-2011, 01:26 PM

Sorry if I am bringing you down. However, I think the comparisons are fair, as HF does contain a lot of the same aspects of COD and BC2. I am just being honest in my opinions. I love KZ3, but I know some other PS3 MPs think it is lame. I accept their opinions, even if they are wrong ;) :p

bigdaddyj2468
03-16-2011, 01:33 PM
they need to fix it when you join as a group it puts you on the same team

RC-1136
03-16-2011, 02:07 PM

I definetly like the gameplay of HF...I am just suprised they didn't anticipate some of this stuff.
I too am going to give this game the benefit of the doubt and stick with it for a while....

I too am giving it the benefit of the doubt. Like I said in a previous post that the BO's party system sucked at first, too. If they can't fix that then I rather play BO's where I can play with friends. This game is different, and I like it. I just hope they figure the party thing out.

roadrnr
03-16-2011, 02:14 PM

I feel your pain Lee. I felt the same way with MOH. I really like that game but most MPs didn't. That's why I stated in another post, I'm taking my own advice and giving this game some time. I'm really trying to like it...