PDA

View Full Version : HF Choppers

Borlaxx
03-18-2011, 07:56 AM
GAWD, the Apache seems overpowered. Every time I see one up, it just pwns. What is the best way to take that fucker down? The RPG is useless as it doesn't lock on. Bullets seem to take way too long. The only success I have had taking it down was being in the secondary seat in a think the abrams which has a locking missile, but even then if the apache targets you, you will die before you can take it down. Plus, not many people save up enough to buy the tank if this happens. I really want to know how to take those bastards down, because they seem almost godlike.

Psalm
03-18-2011, 07:58 AM
GAWD, the Apache seems overpowered. Every time I see one up, it just pwns. What is the best way to take that fucker down? The RPG is useless as it doesn't lock on. Bullets seem to take way too long. The only success I have had taking it down was being in the secondary seat in a think the abrams which has a locking missile, but even then if the apache targets you, you will die before you can take it down. Plus, not many people save up enough to buy the tank if this happens. I really want to know how to take those bastards down, because they seem almost godlike.
Unlock the anti-tank drone and put it on one of your LMG classes....Helo pwnage

Borlaxx
03-18-2011, 07:59 AM
Unlock the anti-tank drone and put it on one of your LMG classes....Helo pwnage
Yup, don't have that unlocked yet. I think I am only level 10 or 11.

Psalm
03-18-2011, 08:00 AM
BTW....It has unlimited rockets and its cheap... 400 BP i think....you can use drone increased health perk as well..
* I think it is unlocked around level 22 or so....

roadrnr
03-18-2011, 09:16 AM
I agree Borlax. The apache is way overpowered. I was in a game last night with at least 2 choppers up at once. Seriously? I have to wait until lvl 22 to unlock a drone just to have a chance at taking out a chopper??

I dunno...my patience is wearing very thin on this game.

dinsdale1978
03-18-2011, 09:19 AM
2 more levels and I can get that drone a pumpin'.

Psalm
03-18-2011, 09:38 AM
My bad unlocked at level 21
http://homefront.wikia.com/wiki/Ground_AntiTank_Drone

Borlaxx
03-18-2011, 09:39 AM
That still seems too high. What level do you unlock the apache? If they are close, I guess it is fair. Otherwise, that is a balance issue IMO.

Psalm
03-18-2011, 10:00 AM
That still seems too high. What level do you unlock the apache? If they are close, I guess it is fair. Otherwise, that is a balance issue IMO.
not really...lvl 21 can be acheived within 5 hours of gameplay or so...
You can use it right away I think....You just can't unlock perks for it until you are at least in the 40's .....me thinks

ustolemygmrtag
03-18-2011, 10:21 AM
You can use any of the vehicles if you have the BP to purchase them. But, to be able to active their perks, you have to unlock them.

Borlaxx
03-18-2011, 10:22 AM
You can use any of the vehicles if you have the BP to purchase them. But, to be able to active their perks, you have to unlock them.
I am pretty sure I cannot use the Apache yet, or the anti-armor drone.

Just unlocked the ability to change the perk on the Humvee last night, and changed it to the passive repair ability.

ustolemygmrtag
03-18-2011, 11:00 AM
I think you can, Lemme ask on the Forums. I will get back to you on this one. i personally have not used it. But, I have seen other at Level 15 using it, and it is unlocked at allot higher level.

ustolemygmrtag
03-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Got this answer just a few moments ago.

You can use any vehicle once you have enough points earned in the game. 2800 I believe. You can unlock the vehicles in the armory as you progress which lets you assign perks to them like an ejection seat which kicks you out as your vehicle explodes.

Borlaxx
03-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Got this answer just a few moments ago.

You can use any vehicle once you have enough points earned in the game. 2800 I believe. You can unlock the vehicles in the armory as you progress which lets you assign perks to them like an ejection seat which kicks you out as your vehicle explodes.

Good to know. I just probably have never accumulated that many points. I normally buy the Abrams as soon as I can.