PDA

View Full Version : Wouldnt it be lovely

NutsFathead
03-19-2011, 08:43 AM
if they would pull there fingers out of there backside and sort the servers out so we can get in a match and stay in for more than 2 minutes

ustolemygmrtag
03-19-2011, 09:03 AM
It would have been really lovely if the game would have worked straight out of the box. But that is a pipe dream in this world we live in.

Borlaxx
03-19-2011, 09:32 AM
It would have been really lovely if the game would have worked straight out of the box. But that is a pipe dream in this world we live in.
I understand that this is apparently the way of the world when it comes to new games, but unless developers figure out ways to test their products better so they are closer to perfect on release day, I am going to stop buying games on day one and instead wait to see if the problems get solved before buying a game. To my knowledge HF didn't have an open beta, so while I understand some problems will happen, KAOS COULD HAVE DONE MORE TO TEST THE GAME AND FIX PROBLEMS PRIOR TO LAUNCH. Also, seems a lot of the time developers are aware of problems before release, and release the game anyway knowing it has problems, and just decide to patch it down the road instead of delaying release to fix the problems first. Problem is, the patches don't always work.

If many people start doing the same as me and not buying on day one to be part of the post-release beta, first day sales and pre-orders are going to plummet, and so are profits for developers.

ustolemygmrtag
03-19-2011, 09:51 AM
I totally agree with you Borlax. Even though I am going to regret saying this, but Retro has the right idea with games. :doh: I am totally done with day 1 purchases of games. I will make myself wait to see how to game does and how the support is going to be for it. I do not like renting, so I will just hold out.

Homefront is still a great game, and I will be playing it until something else proves it can take its spot. And the only one I see that will be a viable option is BF3. I am also watching Operation Flashpoint with a very scrutising eye.

With the gaming industry becoming more corperatized, I see it really going down fast in the next decade. These conglomerates that own other companies are really not helping either.

ProfUnderDog
03-19-2011, 01:56 PM
I am sure I am not alone in saying that I would be happy to be part of a Team MP beta testing group. :-"

ustolemygmrtag
03-19-2011, 02:21 PM
We could start a Beta Testing company, and hire ourselves out these companies. And for payment we could just ask for the game for free when it comes out. :-?

TrojanTeacher
03-19-2011, 04:18 PM
I was about to ask, "Who's gonna be the poor sucker to test the game out then?" But it seems Underdog has happily volunteered. ;)

BrimstonePsycho
03-19-2011, 10:47 PM
yeah, da game sucks on mp. but, {i might be talking out of my butt here} maybe they want to make it better by fixing issues while gamers are playing so they can find out the real problem. lol sorry if i dont make sense, been up for 30hrs now lol. navajo ceremony going on all this weekend. 8 hrs to go lol. i'll be on later, hopefully

NutsFathead
03-20-2011, 04:24 AM
yeah, da game sucks on mp. but, {i might be talking out of my butt here} maybe they want to make it better by fixing issues while gamers are playing so they can find out the real problem. lol sorry if i dont make sense, been up for 30hrs now lol. navajo ceremony going on all this weekend. 8 hrs to go lol. i'll be on later, hopefully

makes sense but they shud get more servers to make ppl happly

cronam
03-20-2011, 06:26 AM
Operation Flashpoint from what i can see is just constantly looking at your map and telling squad members where to go, not my idea of a fun game. I enjoyed playing HF with you lot but i also agree that the servers need work and was a little disappointed with the graphics.

Retro
03-20-2011, 09:30 AM
Even though I am going to regret saying this, but Retro has the right idea with games.

Just converter that to a jpg. file, it's a keeper! :D

sniperella
03-20-2011, 09:34 AM
Even though I am going to regret saying this, but Retro has the right idea with games.

Just converter that to a jpg. file, it's a keeper! :D

I think I'm gonna be sick. L-) :sick:

NutsFathead
03-20-2011, 09:53 AM
Operation Flashpoint from what i can see is just constantly looking at your map and telling squad members where to go, not my idea of a fun game. I enjoyed playing HF with you lot but i also agree that the servers need work and was a little disappointed with the graphics.

flashpoint i thought was gud but its not every1 idea of fun and that was its down fall the new flashpoint dont look like its changed much