PDA

View Full Version : How do you join friends

DragonSlayer
03-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Seems this game is broken as far as squads go...I have tried numerous times to join you guys while playing. Every time I try, there is more than enough room in the server, but it tells me there are no slots.

I really would like to play this this, but playing as a random really is counter productive

dinsdale1978
03-20-2011, 01:48 PM
The best thing I have seen is just send invites to everyone and sit in a lobby and wait. I have only been able to actually join a match with friends 2 out of about 20 times.

ustolemygmrtag
03-20-2011, 02:20 PM
What I do, Is I just keep trying, and I will finally get into the game with them. On the Xbox side, if you join on your friend from the Dashboard, you have a better chance of getting into the games with friends.

DragonSlayer
03-20-2011, 05:52 PM
will try that...still on fence with this game though. Really looking forward to BF3!!

ustolemygmrtag
03-21-2011, 12:00 AM
Same here. We got into a private match and it wad the most fun I have had in a game since Vietnam came out for BC2. I have a good feeling that this game will be like a goto game for allot of people after the bugs and server problems are fixed. Oh they broke the 1.5 million copies sold yesterday. I wonder how Homefront plays on OnLive?

TrojanTeacher
03-21-2011, 09:41 AM
The game is fun, but if you want teamwork, then you better be content that you're on an actual team (USA or GKR) because that's as close to BC2 that this game will get in terms of teamwork.

DayliteMag
03-21-2011, 10:07 AM
The game is fun, but if you want teamwork, then you better be content that you're on an actual team (USA or GKR) because that's as close to BC2 that this game will get in terms of teamwork.

I agree. To give you a good example: yesterday a few of us were playing and a couple of people were waiting in a pre-game lobby trying to join (sound familiar). At one point someone says something like (it could have been Freak), "Hey Daylite, are you on the Op4?" Well, I wasn't even in the game, I was still waiting! That just shows how little teamwork means in Homefront. Also, the spawn system is built in such a way as to make team work nearly impossible (IMO). Ground Control is the obvious mode where teamwork should be effective, the problem is that every time you die you spawn somewhere new and can't get back to your the flag where your teammates are deployed. It seems like you are always spawned on the exact opposite side of the map from where you died. This might be just my impression. By the time you actually make it back to the flag that your team is taking/defending it is probably either too late to be of any help and/or you've died during the journey. Either way it sucks sweaty donkey balls. So, what ends up happening is that you may all start out with the intention of sticking together and defending one particular flag, but what ends up happening is that when you die and re-spawn you will usually find yourself much closer to a different flag and end up just going to that one instead. Perhaps, in time, we will develop some MP strats, but for now I am not finding that to be the case. It would be great if you could spawn on specific teammates or at a specific flag location.

Borlaxx
03-21-2011, 10:18 AM

I agree. To give you a good example: yesterday a few of us were playing and a couple of people were waiting in a pre-game lobby trying to join (sound familiar). At one point someone says something like (it could have been Freak), "Hey Daylite, are you on the Op4?" Well, I wasn't even in the game, I was still waiting! That just shows how little teamwork means in Homefront. Also, the spawn system is built in such a way as to make team work nearly impossible (IMO). Ground Control is the obvious mode where teamwork should be effective, the problem is that every time you die you spawn somewhere new and can't get back to your the flag where your teammates are deployed. It seems like you are always spawned on the exact opposite side of the map from where you died. This might be just my impression. By the time you actually make it back to the flag that your team is taking/defending it is probably either too late to be of any help and/or you've died during the journey. Either way it sucks sweaty donkey balls. So, what ends up happening is that you may all start out with the intention of sticking together and defending one particular flag, but what ends up happening is that when you die and re-spawn you will usually find yourself much closer to a different flag and end up just going to that one instead. Perhaps, in time, we will develop some MP strats, but for now I am not finding that to be the case. It would be great if you could spawn on specific teammates or at a specific flag location.
I haven't been able to game with MPs, but I have seen some groups of 4 players waiting to group up and take an objective. They would wait until at least three of them were together, and then move on an objective. They were kicking some major ass. Also, I have heard a lot of people saying, "I just died and I am coming back in a Humvee, so please spawn in on me." Saw one instance last night of four players who were friends waiting to spawn until they had two Humvees with gunners. They rolled up on B and took it fast with the two Humvees. Then when they died, the two who were the gunners the time before this time called in the Humvees and the other two took at turn as gunner. In this way they were able to go back and forth and keep two Humvees going to the same objective pretty much the entire match and they dominated.

You can't spawn in on team mates, but that hardly means there is no possibility for team work in this game. You just need to communicate, and although I have heard several trash talking COD fanboys, there seems to be a lot more players actually communicating to win unlike a COD game.

Also, I cannot state enough how important it is to have a least one person, if not two, using recon drones. Good recon means the difference between winning and loosing in GC matches.

Red Dog 13
03-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Same here. We got into a private match and it wad the most fun I have had in a game since Vietnam came out for BC2. I have a good feeling that this game will be like a goto game for allot of people after the bugs and server problems are fixed. Oh they broke the 1.5 million copies sold yesterday. I wonder how Homefront plays on OnLive?

Hey thanks for the invites and the games, sorry i wasn't much help to anyone! Although it was quite fun, I shan't be back on, a) Until i get myself a better TV set, as i can't see jack shit, not even my stats so absoluteley no idea what I have scored or who i have killed if anyone and, b) Until the server issues this side of the Atlantic are better. I think BC2 will be my main game but if it is absent of MP's anytime then I will jump across to HF and catch you guys in there :-bd

Retro
03-21-2011, 10:32 AM
How do you join on friends?

Step 1:
Eject the Homefront disc from your console.

Step 2:
Insert BC2 disc into your console

Now you can easily join up with your friends! :D

DragonSlayer
03-21-2011, 12:46 PM
I it would be better to join a party before you attempt to join a match...this game makes something so common in games these days, to one of the most difficult. Simply joining is a pain

Red Dog 13
03-21-2011, 02:26 PM
How do you join on friends?

Step 1:
Eject the Homefront disc from your console.

Step 2:
Insert BC2 disc into your console

Now you can easily join up with your friends! :D

:)) :)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :-bd

ustolemygmrtag
03-21-2011, 02:39 PM
What??? :-o Retro, are you trolling the homeFront Forums. :-w ;) :p

Retro
03-21-2011, 02:58 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNiAKvLKbPCzaTCHo6XyKPOQdgmp6RY ETi5H8ji8kdDOcG_tNr

DragonSlayer
03-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Oh well, I tried to like it...I took it back. I only rented it, so I will see if I can find it cheap somewhere. Can't see paying 60 bucks for a game that can't get the basics of multiplayer right a week after launch. I really wanted this game to work. :cuss:

TrojanTeacher
03-21-2011, 05:00 PM
@Retro: =))

@Slayer: I've had some of the same thoughts about returning it, just gonna wait a bit more...and finish the SP as well.

jkodrigues
03-21-2011, 05:16 PM
this kid from germany really wants to play homefront
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWAuBULP ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWAuBULP7Go&feature=related)

ustolemygmrtag
03-21-2011, 05:25 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNiAKvLKbPCzaTCHo6XyKPOQdgmp6RY ETi5H8ji8kdDOcG_tNr

Retroll!!! =)) =)) =))

Red Dog 13
03-21-2011, 05:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWAuBULP ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWAuBULP7Go&feature=related)

WTF? :-o :-o OMG and they are only just across the water from us, be afraid, very afraid!!!!! :-ss

jkodrigues
03-21-2011, 05:42 PM

WTF? :-o :-o OMG and they are only just across the water from us, be afraid, very afraid!!!!! :-ss
Ahhh we are great we even had a nice chat waiting for 20 minutes for the game to start on Saturday