PDA

View Full Version : Homefront Dying.

ustolemygmrtag
03-23-2011, 09:34 AM
I really wanted this game to succeed. I am still holding out, and will keep my copy for now until they get the patch going. If by then, if it is still Fucked up, I will likely sell it, and just meander around the forums until something else comes along that will get me excited again.

BC2 is just not the game for me any longer. I usually am playing alone when I get on with no one to talk to. And when I do get on at night, the parties are already full, and I have to imagine what is being said. I am not whining about the parties, because it is my fault for not getting on early enough. I am just pointing out the reasons for not coming back to BC2. I love my BC2 crew, and would probably have some fun while playing, but it wouldn't last to long. 1 year of playing an FPS is a very long time for me.

I might drop by from time to time for old time sakes, but not like it was when BC2 1st came out.

bigdaddyj2468
03-23-2011, 09:36 AM
traded my copy in yesterday and pre-ordered brink.

Psalm
03-23-2011, 09:48 AM
I really wanted this game to succeed. I am still holding out, and will keep my copy for now until they get the patch going. If by then, if it is still Fucked up, I will likely sell it, and just meander around the forums until something else comes along that will get me excited again.

BC2 is just not the game for me any longer. I usually am playing alone when I get on with no one to talk to. And when I do get on at night, the parties are already full, and I have to imagine what is being said. I am not whining about the parties, because it is my fault for not getting on early enough. I am just pointing out the reasons for not coming back to BC2. I love my BC2 crew, and would probably have some fun while playing, but it wouldn't last to long. 1 year of playing an FPS is a very long time for me.

I might drop by from time to time for old time sakes, but not like it was when BC2 1st came out.
Don't give up....they will get it fixed (eventually). Unfortunatly we may be playing it by ourselves...lol
maybe we should try onlive?..lol

ustolemygmrtag
03-23-2011, 10:18 AM
I am not yet, just getting myself ready for a let down. If it happens. If the Patch works, I will be playing Homefront for a while.

Toxic Avenger72
03-23-2011, 10:19 AM
I am not yet, just getting myself ready for a let down. If it happens. If the Patch works, I will be playing Homefront for a while.

I agree. If the patch works, great. If not, it's getting traded.

Psalm
03-23-2011, 10:28 AM
Something that Kaos has stated was not going to be a problem but, I am concerned about is this:
The unlock tree and the leveling seem like they won't take all that long. 200 kills to max out (Expert) a weapon is not very much. And level 75 max seems obtainable in a matter of a month or so... I have had the Game for a little over a week and I am Level 33. I didn't even play it at all this last weekend.
It seems like it won't be much of a challenge. And if we can't seem to get many MP members playing this it will get old.

Lee, did you see something about this? I am hoping it may be addressed in DLC?

ustolemygmrtag
03-23-2011, 10:58 AM
I have seen several people saying that it take about 30+ hours to get to level 75. I feel that there will be DLC once the patches are released. I hope so anyway. They had said there were going to be Day 1 DLC, but I think the Server issue took priority. I have no idea of what they are doing now. It seems the flow of information has stopped since the release.

Psalm
03-23-2011, 11:01 AM
I have seen several people saying that it take about 30+ hours to get to level 75. I feel that there will be DLC once the patches are released. I hope so anyway. They had said there were going to be Day 1 DLC, but I think the Server issue took priority. I have no idea of what they are doing now. It seems the flow of information has stopped since the release.
30 hours....that is not much. that is a little over one prestige in COD..That won't cut it...
I sure hope they address that.

Borlaxx
03-23-2011, 11:02 AM
On wikipedia it said yesterday that the first two DLC packs will be extra SP missions that take place after the conclusion of the regular SP game. However, I think that is probably BS. That info cites no sources whatsoever, and says it will tie in the end of the first game to a sequel taking place in England, but one article I read had a dev from KAOS saying the sequel would be set on the east coast of the United States, not England.

EDIT: here is what is says: "Kaos Studios announced that upcoming DLC will take place after the events of Homefront. The DLC will point out directions to a decided sequel taking place in London around the events of Homefront. Recently, a leak confirmed that there will be two DLC with three single player missions for each one. It was confirmed that you will assume the role of Robert Jacobs once again pushing the Korean army out of California. The second DLC will assume the role of an unknown SAS soldier with his squad taking back Hawaii from the North Koreans. This campaign will open doors to the Homefront sequel, which takes place in London."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homefront_%28video_game%29

TheFreak75
03-23-2011, 11:14 AM
I'll wait for the patch, if it still doesn't work then it's bye-bye to homefront and welcome Marvel vs Capcom 3, my son and I love playing the 2nd one and we saw the third and fell in love with it. I really hope they fix this. I don't want to give up on HF yet, but enthusiasm is depleting rapidily.

ustolemygmrtag
03-23-2011, 11:14 AM
I really never believed much from Wikipedia. It usually is written by idiots.

jkodrigues
03-23-2011, 12:29 PM
i will be keeping my copy of homefront

ProfUnderDog
03-23-2011, 02:19 PM
I'm still keeping mine but whether I will play it mich monger will depend upon having MPs to play with.

jkodrigues
03-23-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm still keeping mine but whether I will play it mich monger will depend upon having MPs to play with.
Depends more on the patch to ne able to join them :-?

DamianThorn
03-23-2011, 06:01 PM
I'm not so sure it's actually dying just yet.....I think it's just that the servers are screwed so bad,and not being able to put people in a game,that leads to everybody being so ridiculously split up that it seems like nobody is on.
Myself....I am going to be keeping this game,as the MP is an absolute blast,and I can't wait till they release some DLC for it. The game (for me) has so many positives,that I can't give up on it.
1-nice balance between weapons
2-easy counters for all types of vehicles
3-I know this is going against the majority...but I for one am happy there is not 100 guns to choose from,as it seems most folks prefer only 1-3 guns anyways (imo)
4-Graphics...again,going against the majority here...but I feel the graphics are pretty nice,and IMO better than the C.O.D'S and on par with BF: BC2.
5-Hit detection...I feel this is (pardon the pun) dead on,probably the best I have experienced in a fps,and yes this includes the C.O.D'S and Battlefields.

So,for me the game is well worth the admission,and should only get better with the upcoming patch :D

Spike Forehand
03-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Agree that there is certainly a lot of promise in this game, but It's not worth my precious gaming time to wait more than a minute or so to get into an MP match. Will keep it and give them one more try at a patch and give me time to get through the SP (which FWIW I think is actually pretty good so far for an "on rails" single player type campaign - certainly better than BO and MOH but not as good as either Uncharted).

However, I am not holding out much hope that they ever fix the multiplayer to an adequate level. IMO it's a major league base level fail that you can't even join a freaking match. I'm not programmer, but it seems like that would be the easy part compared to the actual game play. I am beginning to believe that these guys are useless/hopeless.