PDA

View Full Version : Homefront to get Squad Spawning!!

ustolemygmrtag
03-26-2011, 10:59 AM
:-o :-o :-o :x :x This is the PC patch, but if this is any indication of what we are getting on the Consoles. Then I am going to giddy like a little school girl. This could mean that there will be allot more teamplay and reasons for people to squad up. They list allot of other balance fixes, and graphical updates but this one just made me cream my pants. I am eagerly waiting to get the Xbox 360 Update notes.

Oh, and the Xbox update is at MS now. Hope they get it out soon. PS3 should be going to PSN Monday.

Homefront PC Patch 1.0.3 Announced
SUBMITTED BY THQCHRIS ON FRI, 03/25/2011 - 8:31PM

Digital Extremes and KAOS are happy to announce our first major update for the PC version of the game. This patch will update the client to version 1.0.3 and is currently undergoing internal testing and is scheduled for release early next week! The complete list of changes can be found below in the story.

FEATURES

NEW FEATURE – DEMO URL
- A DemoURL can now be specified in the server playlist, this is used to indicate the location of stored demo files to user’s in-game (see the multiplayer options screen). A good practice for server admins would be to share the demo folder via FTP, this would allow users to grab demos of games they starred in, and also (very importantly!) allow users and anti-cheat authorities to download evidence for cheat reporting. Incidentally, it is now possible to dump all users unique steamID's from both in-game, and in-demos to the console or text file (this will make reporting abusive players and enforcing bans incredibly easy).

Improved Squad Based Gameplay
- Players will now re-spawn at a point nearest to the closest member of their squad.
- Squad mates will now be colored blue on the mini-map and full-screen maps.

GAME BALANCE
- RPG's now deal additional damage to HMMWV's
- Lowered m200 and m110 sniper rifle damages. The only 1 shot possible is now headshots.
- Flak jacket now has a lower BP cost, and a slight effectiveness buff.
- Diablo damage adjusted
- Weapon is taken out of ADS and accuracy decreases when jumping.

OPTIMIZATIONS & FIXES
- The Rhino drones weapon attachment was not being properly moved with the Rhino drone on dedicated servers, causing the rockets to fire incorrectly. This is now fixed.
- We have added some animation optimizations for large player games.
- Several UI related improvements were added for large player games .
- Fixed scaling text zooming on Battle Commander when opening up the battle chat or squad UI.
- Switched the buttons around on the load out rename confirmation dialog to better abide by conventions.
- Improved SLI/CrossFireX support.
- A few reported issues with WinXP 64 bit edition have been addressed.
- Improved menu navigation with analogue controls.

General Improvements
- User feedback for kicks and bans has been improved.
- The intermission lobby now displays clan tags.
- Text chat is now possible in the kill cam, spawn selection, and intermission lobby screens.

New Settings & Control Options
- EnableD3D10/11 is now accessible via the system settings menu.
- Mouse acceleration is now accessible via the controls menu.
- Mouse smoothing is now accessible via the controls menu.

CELockwood
03-26-2011, 04:09 PM
What did it mean to be in a squad, which the PC already had, but you didn't spawn on your squad members?

Squads would improve the console version, no doubt.

ustolemygmrtag
03-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Well, if the PC is the only version to get this, I might just goto the PC version. Since no one here has really likes the game, or kept it. I have a beast of a PC to play online games with. It really does a great job. I tried Crysis 2 on PC, and I was maxed out on the setting running 80+ frames a minute. I just hate to go back to PC. I love playing on the X-box.

PC Specs.

4 Gig ddr2 800 Mz
AMD Phenom 2
PCIe 2.0 NVidia GeForce 460 GT OC with 1 gig DDR 5 ram.
2 250 gig Sata2 HDD's
Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

26 inch flat panel monitor.

DayliteMag
03-27-2011, 07:55 AM
If they introduce squad-based play for the XBOX then I will give this one another try.

Red Dog 13
03-27-2011, 05:26 PM
When the HD TV and lead arrive I will give it a go, as with the current set I can see jack shit, only got in about 4 games so really ought to take a proper look at it I spose :-?

If squad based spawning does arrive on xbox it could make it more fun as long as the server issue is sorted at the same time, I spent more time waiting than playing and can't be assed!!!!!!

ustolemygmrtag
03-28-2011, 07:27 AM
I play in 1080p, and it looks great. I love it. I have seen some other errors, like the Heli, and flying drones having screen tear when you try shooting them, but most this game looks good. And the next one will be even better. The new Unreal Engine is off the hook when it comes to graphics. Check this out. It was all done with the new engine.

[yt:1xtj6xwg]XgS67BwPfFY&hd[/yt:1xtj6xwg]

Red Dog 13
03-28-2011, 08:58 AM
WOW!!! It took me a little while to work out whether it was graphics or real, that is amazing! Yes only 24hrs to the arrival of the TV, hopefully the HD lead will arrive tomorrow as well :pray: I feel an all night session in HD coming on 8-}

Borlaxx
03-28-2011, 09:07 AM
Lee, when it says "Players will now re-spawn at a point nearest to the closest member of their squad" what does this actually mean?

I know on the PS3 version, there is no squad, just your whole team. Are they changing the game to make squads, or does this just mean people you have invited in the lobby (if and when that actually works).

Also, it just says you will spawn nearest the closest member, so it sounds like you cannot choose when member. Also, interested to find out what "nearest" means (right next to them like BC2 or in the general area), and if you cannot pick the squad member, how the game determines what the closest member is.

Hopefully I am wrong, but this seems less like true squad spawning like in BC2 and more just spawning in the general area of a team mate rather than back at your base every time, which would still be an improvement.

CELockwood
03-28-2011, 09:17 AM
When I read this, I took it to mean they're inproving the already exisiting squad spawning on the PC, not implementing squads on the consoles. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

ustolemygmrtag
03-28-2011, 09:19 AM
I think you are right. But, what PC has, I think we will get coming down the pike. We can only hope though.

TrojanTeacher
03-28-2011, 10:35 PM
AMD Phenom 2 < Intel Core i7. Just sayin... ;) If they make squads, then awesome, if not, I'm not too worried about it. I like the game enough to keep playing it. The only thing ground breaking about this game is the Battle Commander mode. THAT is why i keep this game, it makes it more fun.