PDA

View Full Version : Rule # 11

Major Stains
03-27-2011, 04:14 AM
This is by no means, mocking religion in any form.
Its just, here in the UK, we are required, by Law, to fill out a Census. Just so Big Brother knows what we are up to. Last time it was published, as a bit of an unofficial protest, over 390 000 people answered 'Jedi' as their religion. This was more than Sikhs, Jews and Buddhists combined.
Although it didn't become an official religion, its still an interesting situation.
This year there are rumours that people are filling out there religion as 'Dudism' as in the Dude from the 'Big Lebowski'.
I just think its an interesting social comment in these times.

Me, I will be filling it out as 'MP' for sure.

unerds
03-27-2011, 12:45 PM
LOL. thats awesome... 390K is larger than the city i live in right now (not metro area)

funny that they won't recognize Jedi as an official religion. there must be an age requirement of some 3000 years to qualify for official status...
But you know, at its heart, nobody can PROVE that the events of star wars DIDN'T actually take place 'a long time ago in a galaxy far away' or whatever.

Big Brother = FAIL!

I definitely abide by dudism myself... though i don't think that MP and dudism are mutually exclusive. LOL

johnboy
03-27-2011, 02:59 PM
I think some of the questions on the census were really stupid. I had to say that both boys were of school age even though the eldest isn't quite 3 yet, and that Ben lives in the same house as he did last year, even though he is only 11 days old.

xMisFitToyx
03-27-2011, 05:33 PM
I think some of the questions on the census were really stupid. I had to say that both boys were of school age even though the eldest isn't quite 3 yet, and that Ben lives in the same house as he did last year, even though he is only 11 days old.

Yes, but your wife/mate was pregnant last year............so technically you didn't lie......... :))