PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Who is Getting Brink?

Borlaxx
04-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Figured I would start this now so people get an idea of who is getting the game. Vote changing is enabled.

For now I am voting for "Probably on the PS3, but I'm going to wait on feedback before buying," but since I am a well documented fool when it comes to these things, that could easily change to "yes."

Retro
04-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Well I can't select one, because my vote is "YES - Day one but I don't know what system"

For now I guess I'll say day one PS3.

TrojanTeacher
04-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Isn't Brink some sort of home security system? Okay, I don't know WTF it is, so I put that one. Maybe I should read the 9 pages and find out....bbl.

LandShark
04-07-2011, 01:35 PM
im gonna be a follower not a leader

Psalm
04-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Where is the "Hi my Name is Borlax, I will buy it and trade it in at substantial loss and purchase another game that I will trade in as well all within 10 days"?

Borlaxx
04-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Where is the "Hi my Name is Borlax, I will buy it and trade it in at substantial loss and purchase another game that I will trade in as well all within 10 days"?
You didn't see it? It is right under the "My name is Psalm, and I may get Brink as soon as I get a break from playing "Twilight: Scene It" on my Wii"

http://teammp.net/forum/download/file.php?id=503

dinsdale1978
04-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Day one for me since I put my angst toward Homefront to good use and got 2/3 of my money back and put it on a gift card.

TrojanTeacher
04-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Okay, changed my vote to day one, 360.

xMisFitToyx
04-07-2011, 02:13 PM
I guess before I answer this poll question....I need to look up Brink to see what the hell it is...... :D

noob

Borlaxx
04-07-2011, 02:16 PM
I guess before I answer this poll question....I need to look up Brink to see what the hell it is...... :D

noob
There is a thread with a lot of info in this forum.

xMisFitToyx
04-07-2011, 02:22 PM

noob
There is a thread with a lot of info in this forum.

Ahh.............It's a remake of Water World........ I want to play the role of Kevin Costner........ :))

Retro
04-07-2011, 02:22 PM
If L.A. Noire wasn't coming out on the same day, I'd be getting Brink for PS3 & 360.

xMisFitToyx
04-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Now I know why the Wii....."HAD" such a loyal following of Modern Warfare Reflex.

Because it was the only game out there we had to play..........There are soooo many different and new games coming out for the 360 and the PS3....that it almost seems overwhelming... #:-s

DayliteMag
04-07-2011, 02:34 PM
I am totally shocked by the number of people who seem intent on buying yet another game on day one. It was less than a month ago that we all went trotting out to our local gaming stores to hand over $60 for Homefront. Brink looks like it could be very interesting, but there is NO way that I am going to get it on day one. I'm not even sure I will buy BF3 on day one......ok, maybe that's going a bit far, but you get the general idea.

Borlaxx
04-07-2011, 02:36 PM
I am totally shocked by the number of people who seem intent on buying yet another game on day one. It was less than a month ago that we all went trotting out to our local gaming stores to hand over $60 for Homefront. Brink looks like it could be very interesting, but there is NO way that I am going to get it on day one. I'm not even sure I will buy BF3 on day one......ok, maybe that's going a bit far, but you get the general idea.
I think you would be seeing almost all "Day one" if it wasn't for HF and BO launch fails.

DayliteMag
04-07-2011, 02:42 PM
I think you would be seeing almost all "Day one" if it wasn't for HF and BO launch fails.

That is precisely my point (not to mention MoH...between those three games I shelled out $180 and got crap in return).

Retro
04-07-2011, 02:44 PM
The only reason I'm saying day 1 for this is Blockbuster gives 75% trade on any game within 14 days of it's launch. It's pretty much the same as renting it.

dinsdale1978
04-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Well I am a betting man and have been following Brink for some time. I have been hearing good things from those who have played early versions and am willing to bite the bullet for something that looks pretty unique.

Borlaxx
04-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Well I am a betting man and have been following Brink for some time. I have been hearing good things from those who have played early versions and am willing to bite the bullet for something that looks pretty unique.
I heard good things from early previews about BO, and the reviews still say it was great. Unfortunately, apparently none of these people played it on the PS3.

The first reviews about HF were very positive. The ones after launch were more accurate in their criticism, but still none of them commented on the freezing and server issues, because they hadn't happened yet.

I have come to the conclusion that 95% of reviewers either don't know what they are talking about, are getting bribed to give good reviews, or, most likely, can't adequately review a new game prior to launch because they only play one version of the game (which ever version the devs know works the best) and can't comment on the post release problems at the time they write their review.

In short, I have learned that when it comes to online multi-player games, professional reviews don't mean much. What means a lot to me is other gamers, especially MPs, telling me whether the game actually works or not.

TrojanTeacher
04-07-2011, 03:01 PM
I don't mind putting my money down on a game that I enjoy. It doesn't have to be the most popular game (HF) but as long as I like it, I'm cool if others don't like it. HF is a perfect example of this. I actually enjoy the game, even though it sucks. :))

RC-1136
04-07-2011, 03:16 PM
I'm not on the brink of getting any new games right now. See what I just did. hahaha.

Psalm
04-07-2011, 03:27 PM
I'm not on the brink of getting any new games right now. See what I just did. hahaha.
Don't give up your day job...lol

Retro
04-07-2011, 03:29 PM
I don't mind putting my money down on a game that I enjoy. It doesn't have to be the most popular game (HF) but as long as I like it, I'm cool if others don't like it. HF is a perfect example of this. I actually enjoy the game, even though it sucks. :))
I actually liked HF when I rented it. The SP sucked, but I thought the MP was pretty good. I never experianced any of the problems that ended turning people off but I only put in about 4 or 5 hours with the MP and never tried joining up with others. My problem with HF was it was yet another modern combat game and it just seemed like a poor mans Modern Warfare. It was like it was trying too hard to mix CoD and BF which might seem good in theory but they are two very different experiances. I think it's just obvious that THQ is B level publisher and Kaos is a B level developer who were in way over their heads. I think people would have been far more patient with the game if;
1. They released it as $39.99 game
2. Hadn't over-hyped the crap out of it

Problem is they wanted to cash in fast. Had they not over-hyped it, released it as a "budget" title and gave it support they could have used as a testing ground for building a top level follow-up with HF2.

For Brink I like that they are not going out and marketing the crap out of it other than some banners on gaming sites. Bethesda has a pretty good record for supporting games they publish. Plus with Spash Damage being a newer developer like Kaos, Bethesda is not banking on Brink being their major release this year (Elder Scrolls will be the game that makes or breaks their books this year) so SD has very little pressure on them other than building a solid game. They know this is a "tryout" for them and will dictate how much Bethesda will invest in them for their next game. THQ put too much into how much HF would sell. With a new IP you need to put the focus on the product and not what numbers you'll make during the first week. If they had given Kaos some of that marketing money to use for development, who knows what HF would have looked like.

dinsdale1978
04-07-2011, 03:39 PM
I also like the idea that your MP and SP progress ties together and lets you not have to rely on bad pub matches to determine your success.

unerds
04-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Brink....?

thats the ps360 port of conduit 2 right?

johnboy
04-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Brink....?

WTF is Brink honestly? Apart from the name of a dog.

It's the poor man's conduit 2! ;)

Borlaxx
04-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Brink....?

WTF is Brink honestly? Apart from the name of a dog.

It's the poor man's conduit 2! ;)
No, it is a new FPS that looks awesome -- which is why it isn't coming to the Wii. :p

Hopefully it will work as advertised -- which is another reason it will not be coming to the wii :smug:

Have fun playing Wallspawnduit 2 :))

johnboy
04-08-2011, 02:33 PM
You're just jelous that blops works slightly better on Wii than PS3! ;)

Borlaxx
04-08-2011, 02:38 PM
You're just jelous that blops works slightly better on Wii than PS3! ;)
Really? Since the latest patch, apparently BO on the PS3 works okay, whereas it still sounds like you guys on Wii are having issues with invites, the party system, and general connection problems. At least, it sounds like it from your posts ;)

Sure, the PS3 version still had crappy hit detection and lag issues, but it sounds like the Wii version does, too, but you probably don't notice the lag as much since there is no kill cam to show you how bad the lag is.

johnboy
04-08-2011, 02:44 PM
I should have said works for the guys in the States, us Brits seem to have been shafted right from the beginning. Well I have anyway!

RC-1136
04-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Easy you 2. If I was a moderator I would ban both of you for starting a console war. You guys with the red names should know better. I'm sure high Voltage fixed the Wall Spawn glitch, B. Don't you thing?

TrojanTeacher
04-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Just reserved Brink and NCAA Football 12. Can't wait for either!!!

Borlaxx
04-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Easy you 2. If I was a moderator I would ban both of you for starting a console war. You guys with the red names should know better.
We're just joking. Calm down before I have to show you where the lemonade is made :-"

I'm sure high Voltage fixed the Wall Spawn glitch, B. Don't you thing?
Considering BO and HF, I have very little faith in devs fixing anything these days.

xMisFitToyx
04-08-2011, 02:56 PM
PARAPHRASED

it [s:24ceykpb]still[/s:24ceykpb] sounds like you guys on Wii are having issues with invites, the party system, and general connection problems. At least, it sounds like it from your posts ;)

Sure, the PS3 version still had crappy hit detection and lag issues, but it sounds like the Wii version does, too, but you probably don't notice the lag as much since there is no kill cam to show you how bad the lag is.

These are my main issues with Wii Blops............I can hardly ever connect with my peeps.......I usually wind up lone wolfing it and eventually another MP will [somehow] jump in with me. But when they realize I'm playing HC they usually go away....... :((

Psalm
04-08-2011, 02:58 PM
damn...Admins startin' console wars.. ban both of em'

winning....

johnboy
04-08-2011, 03:12 PM
I usually wind up lone wolfing it and eventually another MP will [somehow] jump in with me. But when they realize I'm playing HC they usually go away....... :((

That's me!

unerds
04-08-2011, 05:30 PM
DOG, I'm with ya in HC alll the way!

...that is if you can unstick your thumbs from that dual stick thing you've got going on there.

lol. j/k you rock dog, wii've missed ya!

Retro
04-25-2011, 12:30 AM
Switched to "day one on 360" until Sony get's their shit together.

Borlaxx
04-25-2011, 08:11 AM
I'm gonna wait. Not day one purchase for me, and since I will be getting really busy with work during May and June, I may get L.A. Noir instead so I can play it when I have the time.

Tracer-M_D_C
04-26-2011, 10:01 AM
Switched to "day one on 360" until Sony get's their **** together.
No joke.. my luck this game releases flawlessly and PSN remains crashed and burning!

Retro
04-26-2011, 10:17 AM
No joke.. my luck this game releases flawlessly and PSN remains crashed and burning!
I was really looking forward to getting this for the PS3 and getting in some multiplayer on the PS3 side. But I've been waiting for this game for more than a year. If Sony comes out and explains what happened, then I may go back to getting it on the PS3.

TheFreak75
04-27-2011, 11:13 AM
I was really looking forward to getting this for the PS3 and getting in some multiplayer on the PS3 side. But I've been waiting for this game for more than a year. If Sony comes out and explains what happened, then I may go back to getting it on the PS3.
What's with you and the PS3 now!!!!! No love for us anymore!!!! X( X(

DayliteMag
04-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Changed my vote to Day one on the 360 (but only b/c Blockbuster will give 75% store credit if the game is returned within 14 days). I still might wait a few days or a week to see what others think. I was going to get it for the PS3, but it's now looking like the PSN could be down for a while.

Toxic Avenger72
04-27-2011, 03:45 PM
Changed my vote to Day 1 on the 360.

TrojanTeacher
04-27-2011, 04:11 PM
Do you guys think PSN will be up by the time Brink comes out? If not, that game is sure gonna suffer a lot on sales.

rottsko
04-30-2011, 10:50 PM
i pre-ordered it for ps3 on day one but now i'm not sure. going to wait till next week before i go ahead and change it for ps3. i'd rather get it for ps3 but if it's still down, i may change it.

dinsdale1978
05-01-2011, 02:03 AM
Do you guys think PSN will be up by the time Brink comes out? If not, that game is sure gonna suffer a lot on sales.

It will be back on Tuesday. If not Sony might as well sell themselves and retire.

rottsko
05-01-2011, 11:43 AM
okay. so it looks like it will be back up by the release date. so who's getting it and for which console? i'm good w/ either one but i'd rather stay w/ ps3.

Tracer-M_D_C
05-01-2011, 11:47 AM
okay. so it looks like it will be back up by the release date. so who's getting it and for which console? i'm good w/ either one but i'd rather stay w/ ps3.
I still have my release day orders up for myself and the boy on PS3... hoping for the best. If things get ugliER about this mess, I can still cancel up till the 8th...

Retro
05-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Of course I'm getting it but I switched from PS3 to 360 for this game. I really wanted to get an online game to play with MP's on the PS3 side, but XBL is just too good and it seems more and more 360 players are interested in this game now.

rottsko
05-01-2011, 02:35 PM
hmmmm. that's 6 for 360 and only 3 for ps3 on day one. ps3 is about to lose me to 360 if not many other people step up for ps3.

LandShark
05-01-2011, 02:48 PM
im disappointed gort hasnt voted yet

REMEC87
05-01-2011, 04:29 PM
hmmmm. that's 6 for 360 and only 3 for ps3 on day one. ps3 is about to lose me to 360 if not many other people step up for ps3.

Sorry man! I have been burned twice recently (moh & hf) and i keep going back to BC2. I hate spending my money on crap.

There is always a good crowd on Ps3 and as soon as they make a solid FPS we will all come together. Until then I will see you on the battlefield....one of these days at least... #:-s

rottsko
05-01-2011, 11:03 PM

Sorry man! I have been burned twice recently (moh & hf) and i keep going back to BC2. I hate spending my money on crap.

There is always a good crowd on Ps3 and as soon as they make a solid FPS we will all come together. Until then I will see you on the battlefield....one of these days at least... #:-s

i hear you. i was going to buy both but i waited to hear the reviews. i'll take the bullet for this one. :) :) :)

rottsko
05-03-2011, 01:08 PM
since psn is coming back online before the release. i'll keep it on day one for ps3.

rottsko
05-09-2011, 08:42 AM
i changed it to xbox from ps3. i'm looking forward to playing w/ some xbox team mp's!!!!!

Borlaxx
05-09-2011, 08:51 AM
I hindsight, I should of included an option "I will get it whenever the FUCKING PSN COMES BACK UP!!!!!!!"

jkodrigues
05-14-2011, 04:05 AM
i think i am going to save my money for la noir