PDA

View Full Version : To scope or not to scope,that is the question

DamianThorn
04-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Hey guys,
I've been doing some thinking,and I would like to get your input as well. Over the last few nights I've noticed that I've been losing more and more long range fights,and the only thing I can attribute this to is using iron sights.
I have been using iron sights on everything except my Diablo,but the range on that gun isn't the greatest anyway,so I know not to use that or the Viper for any long range combat,BUT...when I use my m-4,t3ak or acr,it seems like I don't have a prayer on longer range. Maybe it's just my old ass eyes or something :)) ....but I've been debating on whether to put a scope on those guns or not.

I would be leaning more for the red dot variety over the holo or acog. I do know the sacrifices (being seen while shooting),but I'm beginning to wonder if the sacrifices would be worth it or not. I do like the idea of going "silenced" for obvious reasons,but I would also like to have some what of a chance at longer range combat.

I'm soooo confused at this point :-? ....what do alot of you guys run with as far as medium to long range??

Borlaxx
04-15-2011, 06:21 AM
I use the red dot exclusively. The silencer is cool, but I find the red dot enables me to be more accurate at range and get more kills, whereas I doubt the silencer saves me that much.

Psalm
04-15-2011, 09:16 AM
I use the red dot exclusively. The silencer is cool, but I find the red dot enables me to be more accurate at range and get more kills, whereas I doubt the silencer saves me that much.
I agree...on small maps like Cul-de sac I go with the silencer. Because I can get up in their spawn and get numerous kills before they notice. Other wise the Red dot is the way to go...It is a persicion sight which allows for very accurate fire. If you use it with steady aim (reduces recoil) its money. I find the last Red dot ( i think its six-sided) is the best the others are tinted or angled and don't give me as much flexablilty...That part is personel preference. (although most guns you pick up will have that sight on it).
The Hoilo sight is not nearly as good as the red dot....although I find the Acogs excellent in this game as well... ACog plus the scar rifle is awsesome (basically a three round burst sniper rifle)