PDA

View Full Version : Honda CBR250R

sam007
04-25-2011, 05:55 PM
WHAT!!!

I've stopped riding bikes since 2004 and today I found out my friend through his cousin, bought a 2011 Kawaski ZX6R and is storing it at his garage.

His wife is bugging him about getting a bike and he showed me a Can-Am Spyder(?), its basically an inverted trike with two wheels up front and a single at the rear as his choice for a safer ride.

I said to him, 2 or 3 wheelies, "oopies" don't know the difference and you will get f'ed up either way.

So i tell my wife about the new found info today and talked about getting back into riding as well, more like see how I feel and react to being on two wheels again after my "oopsie" back in 2004. She said I'm too young to be going through a midlife crisis and I was deprived of toys when I was young. =))

I had a 2002 Honda CBR F4i back in the day but had the most fun on an imported Honda NS250R. Insurance for the F4i was insane, $3000 a year. So its good to see Honda has a 250 4 stroke as an alternate option to the 600+ sport bikes. Insurance won't be more than $600 for the 250.

Major Stains
04-27-2011, 03:42 AM
I was never much into motorbikes, as my elder brother was in quite a bad crash when I was a teenager (dumb granny didn't see him).
I did used to go crazy fast on the back of my friends bikes though :-ss

I thought I would share this recent shot of our boys, looking too comfortable for my wife's liking!!! (every mums worst nightmare)

[attachment=0:1m98oz84]Isaac & Soren off for a spin.jpg[/attachment:1m98oz84]

sam007
04-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Shit man, hope your brother has recovered even though its a long tme ago.

The danger with riding is not riding itself but the fucking retards not paying attention to their surroundings.

I can see your boy getting his own bike when he's older judging by that photo. :D