PDA

View Full Version : Madden 12

Retro
04-29-2011, 02:09 PM
I'll post this here as it seems the 360 is the place for sports games.

Madden NFL 12 Preview
Submitted on: 04/28/2011 by Chase Becotte
Ed. Note -- This preview will solely focus on presentation. That does not mean I did not play the game already, but because my initial hands-on time was so brief I feel it would not be worthy of speaking about here -- I would more or less be listing off bullet points straight from EA rather than giving you guys actual gameplay impressions. I believe I will be playing the game in a deeper fashion in the very near future, so expect gameplay impressions from OS by next week.

Madden NFL Football has struggled mightily over the years to find a solid presentation foundation. Over the years the presentation elements have been lacking, aimless or just plain bad. And, to some extent, thatís not surprising. EA had the impossible task of trying to live up to ESPN NFL 2K5 in the presentation department -- a game that was at one time the gold standard for the entire sports gaming industry. On top of that, the Madden developers refused to just go the route of mimicking an ESPN-style broadcast after they acquired the ESPN license, which would have been a commendable creative decision had they actually created presentation elements that were lauded.

Nevertheless, here we are now, and all we have seen during this console generation is bland, repetitive, aimless or just plain bad presentation in our NFL football game. However, it seems like EA is finally putting in the time and effort -- and money -- to create an experience that you will want to be a part of, not just because you want to control your favorite team or player, but because you want to be a part of a football experience.

http://media.operationsports.com/shots/400/15546.jpg

Blueprints

No, thatís not a buzzword, itís literally what the EA developers gathered to lay the groundwork for the presentation in this yearís game. The developers gathered blueprints from every NFL stadium so they could figure out the various camera placements in each one. As that was just step one, from there the developers actually had to place the cameras in the right spots in the game so they mirrored real life. It doesnít sound like a big deal at first, but each stadium is unique, which means EA added something like 700 cameras to the game.

Now, this doesnít mean you can play from 700 different camera angles, but it does mean that when you are playing in Jacksonville, the 50-yard-line cameras there will give off a different look during an in-game camera cut than the 50-yard-line cameras would in Philadelphia. It also means that you might see your head coach from one particular angle when you have a home game, but then on the road the cut to your coach will be from a completely different angle. By tweaking the look and angle of things you see every game, the developers hope that it will help to keep things fresh.

From the sounds of it, this was an immense undertaking, and itís an addition that truly should be called hardcore. For one thing, it will take a true hometown fan to notice that their actual stadium cameras are in the game. Secondly, this is a feature that will unfortunately probably go unnoticed when it comes to the average fan. Still, itís commendable and certainly makes me buy into EAís be ďtrue to the NFLĒ philosophy that the developers are harping on this year.

Creating an EA Broadcast

The cameras are the brick and mortar of this presentation overhaul, but from there you actually have to make the experience look like something you watch every Sunday. To attack this portion of the project, EA looked to CBS and Troika.

Troika seems to run the world when it comes to creating and assembling the graphics you see on sports broadcasts. They help ESPN and about a million other TV stations when it comes to assembling how stats, scores and every other TV overlay looks during an actual television broadcast. EA developers worked with Troika and received guidance from the company to assemble the graphical packages that show up in their game, and it shows.

The game just looks way more consistent, clean and smooth. To elaborate, everything from the starting lineup screens that flash up on the TV as you first take the field to the scoreboard that runs across the top of the screen to the stat overlays that pop up during the course of a game all fit together like a real life TV package. And the best part about all of this is that I soon realized that what I was watching was not an ESPN broadcast; it wasnít a CBS broadcast; it was a Madden broadcast.

Beyond the graphics, CBS helped to put the EA developers through a broadcast boot camp of sorts. Some EA developers actually got in a CBS production truck and were shown when certain camera cuts should be made, why they were made and so on. By the end of this teaching lesson, the EA developers were making the proper TV cuts almost in unison with the real-life TV cuts made by the actual professionals.

How the developers seem to be taking what they learned and applying it to the game has to do with some common sense and some predictive logic being programmed into the game. One example of common sense is just the camera cutting to a quick cut scene of the QB talking to his head coach before he comes out for his first set of downs. An example of the predictive logic is something more along the lines of cutting to the blimp cam at the end of a quarter.

Essentially, EA has tried to sequence everything in such a way that you feel like you are a part of a TV broadcast sans the commercials. If you feel like a play was replay-worthy, then more than likely the game should be cutting to that replay from a unique stadium-specific camera angle. Since I have only been exposed to a little slice of this experience, itís hard to say if every part has been nailed, but the amount of dedication and time that is being poured into this particular element of the game is noteworthy.

http://media.operationsports.com/shots/400/15597.jpeg

First Impressions Are Everything

The pregame sequences in Madden NFL 2011 were a good first step, but this year the team is trying to really go for it. To attack this portion of the game, the developers researched the pregame intros of every team, and they also enlisted the help of the NFL Films crew.

The outcome of the research is the addition of a ton of new introduction sequences. So for the Seahawks there is now a 12th man flag involved during their intro. But the specificity of these intro sequences goes well beyond just key things like that. In Pittsburgh, it means there is no pregame pyro, the team comes out from the corner of the stadium, and Big Ben comes out last as the PA announcer does the player introductions. I have little to no knowledge of what the proper intro sequence is for any NFL team, but EA seems confident that your favorite team will get whatís coming to it in this department.

(As a quick aside, the developers actually added the new wind turbines that will surround the top of the Eagles stadium to Madden NFL 12 -- the turbines wonít actually be completed until September. This an incredibly small detail that I only noticed because I live in Philadelphia, and I only mention it to show you how serious these developers seem to be about nailing small details.)

NFL Films is also incredibly important when it comes to the pregame portion of the game because those guys actually filmed these cut scenes. While I wonít get into all the nitty-gritty details, basically NFL Films workers got into a 3-D space and EA mo-capped them and their cameras as they followed the action that was happening in the video game. Iím sure thatís a little hard to understand, but all you need to know is that it adds an authentic touch to these intro sequences because EA has embraced human imperfections. The NFL Films workers did not know every motion that Michael Vick would do as he came out of the big Eagles helmet, so what that means is that the camera is slightly shaky at times, and Vick is not always perfectly in the middle of the picture.

These imperfections go beyond the pregame sequences as well. A real cameraman can not track a football in the middle of his lens as it soars through the air, so the game will no longer do that either during an in-game replay -- any long-time Madden player should know exactly what I mean with this example.

Graphical Touches

Consider this your mishmash portion of the presentation preview. The thing that most stands out about this game from a graphical standpoint is the improvement to the color palette. Whether itís the lighting or the fact that the shadows are changing throughout the game, or just a focus on making sure green is actually green, itís immediately noticeable. If you look at Madden NFL 11, the Eagles jerseys in that game look almost turquoise. This year, the Eagles actually look like they are wearing green jerseys. Of course, cynics would say these things should have been correct in the first place, but hey, at least they seem to be right now.

And much like in NCAA Football 2012, the 3-D grass is lovely. The coolest part about the grass might be the stains though. The developers went the extra mile with their grass-stain technology. So, for example, you can actually see stains on the ridges of a playerís thigh protector, but the stains wonít be within the divot of the thigh protector. The stains all happen in real time as well. In other words, if your offensive lineman gets put on his butt, there is probably going to be a stain there on his left and/or right cheek.

For the equipment junkies out there, you guys should also be happy. There is something like 20 new facemasks in the game. The helmets themselves will also get scuffed up during the course of the game. In addition to that good stuff, there are flak jackets and other assorted pieces of equipment like back plates in the game.

As far as player models go, there has been a focus on trying to make sure players are more proportional this year. One of the focuses is making sure players actually have necks. In the past, it was more shoulders connecting to heads with nothing in between. Beyond that, apparently it can be a real pain to create players that actually continue to stay proportional at various heights. So this year smaller players wonít have tiny heads -- a 5-foot-5 person still has basically the same size head as a 6-foot-5 person in real life. The general idea is just make the players look like humans on a football field.

Finally, I have to mention the actual size of the football. In last yearís game, the football was huge. This year you can immediately tell during the coin-toss sequence that the football is a normal sized piece of pigskin.

http://media.operationsports.com/shots/400/15588.jpg

Final Thoughts

I did not mention the commentary duo of Collinsworth and Gus Johnson, and thatís for good reason. I simply did not really get to hear them much during the demo event. However, I can at least pass along one note that these two did actually get some time in the booth together, which should help them sync up more this year. I also did mention a halftime/Extra Point show or anything of that sort. This was also intentional. This element was scrapped this year. Considering it was such a joke in the past versions of the game, the developers decided since there was not enough time to do it justice, it would just be taken out completely. Itís obviously not the most popular route to take, but it fits back into their desire to only want to do things right or not at all on the presentation front.

Those ingredients aside, I hope itís clear that EA is going for it this year on the presentation front. For too long the developers have been negligent parents to their presentational progeny, and now they are trying to make up for all those missed birthdays and Christmases in one year. I want to see more before getting to amped up about what was done -- staying power and avoiding repetition is key here after all -- but either way itís abundantly clear that this was a major focus in this yearís title.

Look for much more information in the future here at Operation Sports as we approach Maddenís August 30 release date.

*Full disclosure: EA paid for my airfare during my trip to see the game. While it did not influence what I wrote here, OS believes transparency is still key whenever possible.*

Retro
04-29-2011, 02:15 PM
[yt:etubhbli]ecEZU4TpV4w&feature=channel_video_title[/yt:etubhbli]

[yt:etubhbli]Ox-U6QUpOQw&feature=relmfu[/yt:etubhbli]

Bongtoker A2
04-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Hopefully, they make the online franchise better this year,with the players the Lions got in the draft I will be able to play with them this year.

TrojanTeacher
05-01-2011, 10:55 PM
The LIONS stacked up on the DL. Love it. Still iffy on this one as the last game DID NOT impress me at all. Almost an instant trade.

Bongtoker A2
05-02-2011, 09:13 AM
The LIONS stacked up on the DL. Love it. Still iffy on this one as the last game DID NOT impress me at all. Almost an instant trade.
Ditto... The first time in a long time that I could not get into Madden. It did not stack up to NCAA but, I don't think I can go another year without a Pro Football fix.

Retro
05-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Ditto... The first time in a long time that I could not get into Madden. It did not stack up to NCAA but, I don't think I can go another year without a Pro Football fix.
They have a new guy running Madden now and a whole new team making it. The guy who heads it up now (along with NCAA) is responsible for FIFA. While I'm not a big soccer fan, FIFA is one of the best made sports titles out there. I have a lot of hope for this game as I have owned every Madden and I mean EVERY MADDEN and last years was just too much of a kick in the nuts.

Retro
05-03-2011, 12:46 AM
Franchise details start at roughly the 7:00 mark.
Expanded Rosters up to 75 people on a team. (includes training camp guys)
Cut day Feature
New Draft Logic
New FA bidding system

[yt:1e52ekwb]bkWWz1tzrNo&feature=player_embedded[/yt:1e52ekwb]

Bongtoker A2
05-10-2011, 09:29 AM
After watching the latest Madden clip on ign, I'm not to excited about this game. I think my biggest fears have come true with this game, EA is just using it as a cash cow and not investing money into the game and gameplay but, spending heavily on hype. I guess to me, having NFL players talk about better tackling and things like that, is like doing nothing. The game looks the same as 2011 and the things they want to brag about should have been fixed many years ago. NCAA was already a better game and they are doing a major graphics update,but not Madden, at least that I can tell. This is killing me because this is my all time favorite game and it is not like it is a bad game but,it's been the same for so long now. They could just take NCAA change the teams and the players and end up with a better game.

Retro
05-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Here is a link to an actual preview of the gameplay.

http://www.operationsports.com/previews/117/madden-nfl-12-gameplay-preview

Retro
05-13-2011, 02:56 PM
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1168180p1.html

This is looking really good, I just hope they carry over all the new franchise features over to online. If they do this game could be the Madden I've been waiting the last 6 years for!

Bongtoker A2
05-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Finally good news, long over due,but sounds good. :applause:

Retro
05-13-2011, 03:33 PM
I was ready to boycott Madden this year for the first time ever, but they got me hooked again!

[yt:hc7rb6db]UPw-3e_pzqU[/yt:hc7rb6db]

Retro
05-16-2011, 06:53 PM
http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/franchise-mode

Lots of changes this year. I don't think it will carry over to the online as far as features, but the offline franchise looks great.

Retro
06-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Even more Madden goodness.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1172066p1.html

This maybe the version that puts Madden back on top!

sniperella
06-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Seriously, another football game already.... What is this world coming too??!! 8-}

TrojanTeacher
06-03-2011, 10:09 AM
It's like women with grocery store magazines, we just can't quit them.

Bongtoker A2
07-20-2011, 03:29 PM
I was watching Espn today and N. Suh from the Lions was on. Just listening to him is getting me fired up to play madden this year,I would say he should be rated no lower than 97.

Retro
07-26-2011, 09:01 PM
The Madden NFL 12 demo will feature the Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears. Other details below.
5 minute quarters
Adjustable skill level
No commentary
Available on 360 and PS3 on August 9th

Retro
08-08-2011, 10:44 AM
Madden Player ratings.

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/madden12ratings/_/team/buf/id/2/buffalo-bills

They releasing two teams per day until Aug. 22nd. Some of the rosters are wrong, but an updated roster will be released on launch day.

So far,

Buffalo
New England
New York Jets
Miami
Denver
Oakland
Kansas City
San Diego
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Cleveland

...are all out.

dinsdale1978
08-08-2011, 11:17 AM
I think the demo drops this week. I don't know if the multiplayer will be live but if it is send me an invite and we can record our games.

Raider
08-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw-yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I will be putting in some hours for my team...I will learn how to play this game and play it well! 10 cents says you can't guess which team I'm gonna use! :-? ;) =))

Retro
08-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Here's my guess,

may not be safe for work
[spoiler:ld1l27x7]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HciLQMSM5_g/SYIi5NvfXxI/AAAAAAAAI5U/gHrd7u8opnE/s400/RaidersParadeGay.jpg[/spoiler:ld1l27x7]

now gimme my 10 cents!!!! :D

Raider
08-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Here's my guess,

may not be safe for work
[spoiler:oly29bux]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HciLQMSM5_g/SYIi5NvfXxI/AAAAAAAAI5U/gHrd7u8opnE/s400/RaidersParadeGay.jpg[/spoiler:oly29bux]

Oakland Raiders, that pic you posted is for the Canadian Butt Raiders!!!! :p

Raider
08-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Here's my guess,

may not be safe for work
[spoiler:qg75zosd]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HciLQMSM5_g/SYIi5NvfXxI/AAAAAAAAI5U/gHrd7u8opnE/s400/RaidersParadeGay.jpg[/spoiler:qg75zosd]

Retro
08-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Here's my guess,

may not be safe for work
[spoiler:3pz0b82z]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HciLQMSM5_g/SYIi5NvfXxI/AAAAAAAAI5U/gHrd7u8opnE/s400/RaidersParadeGay.jpg[/spoiler:3pz0b82z]

Hmmm, well I did some research and it appears I was right and it was indeed the Oakland [s:3pz0b82z]Gaiders[/s:3pz0b82z] Raiders.

Let's again go with NSFW
[spoiler:3pz0b82z]http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/attachments/washington-state-fishing/136303d1242408434-funny-picture-thread-gaiders.jpg[/spoiler:3pz0b82z]

Raider
08-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Damn!!!! That's straight fucked up!

I'm gonna have to pull out my ace in the whole for that one!

NSFW [spoiler:1czpqo5c]http://flipthatbird.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/willie-nelson.jpg[/spoiler:1czpqo5c]

^Any American would tell you it don't get better than that!

Retro
08-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Damn!!!! That's straight fucked up!

I'm gonna have to pull out my ace in the whole for that one!

NSFW [spoiler:3izbg59k]http://flipthatbird.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/willie-nelson.jpg[/spoiler:3izbg59k]

^Any American would tell you it don't get better than that!
Awww man that's too much, showing your old wrinkled Willie on the boards!!!!!! =))

Raider
08-09-2011, 10:21 AM
hahaha!!!! old wrinkled Willy!

TrojanTeacher
08-11-2011, 02:14 AM
When we get a league going, I'll probably use the Jets.

Raider
08-30-2011, 07:28 PM
Got my copy. Downloading it to the console now!

TrojanTeacher
08-30-2011, 09:27 PM
Woohoo! Retro, LS, you and I have it.

Retro
08-30-2011, 11:04 PM
Woohoo! Retro, LS, you and I have it.
Raider and Doomsday have it as well.

NutsFathead
08-31-2011, 02:36 AM
well i tried the demo of this to see what all the hype was about and to be honest i felt like a right idiot when i played it =)) i dont have a clue about american football.

LandShark
08-31-2011, 07:10 AM
well i tried the demo of this to see what all the hype was about and to be honest i felt like a right idiot when i played it =)) i dont have a clue about american football.

:)) :)) =)) :))

Raider
08-31-2011, 07:54 AM
Don't feel bad Nuts! When I see a ref pull out a card in a soccer game, I'm expecting a Pokemon match to break out.

TrojanTeacher
08-31-2011, 11:54 AM
You mean these refs?

[yt:2985pwj3]RqkpWuQaE64[/yt:2985pwj3]

Always loved that video. Don't worry Nuts, Fifa is coming out soon and I think some of us are going to get the game. Unless you're into Rugby, then you're out of luck, cuz I don't know if they make Rugby games, do they?

Retro
08-31-2011, 11:57 AM
Unless you're into Rugby, then you're out of luck, cuz I don't know if they make Rugby games, do they?
Say hello to my little friend!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/8730437/Rugby-World-Cup-2011-review.html

Raider
08-31-2011, 12:04 PM
You mean these refs?

[yt:wf6ocfy9]RqkpWuQaE64[/yt:wf6ocfy9]

Always loved that video. Don't worry Nuts, Fifa is coming out soon and I think some of us are going to get the game. Unless you're into Rugby, then you're out of luck, cuz I don't know if they make Rugby games, do they?

That guy was so flammin' he was on fire! lol. If there were refs in the NFL like that, I'd quit watching.

TrojanTeacher
08-31-2011, 12:10 PM
You kiddin', if there were refs like that in the NFL the ratings would sky rocket. I think more people would watch the game just for the laugh factor. =))

BTW, Retro, who won in your game against LS yesterday? I saw a score of 10 - 0 going into the 4th.

Retro
08-31-2011, 12:16 PM
You kiddin', if there were refs like that in the NFL the ratings would sky rocket. I think more people would watch the game just for the laugh factor. =))

BTW, Retro, who won in your game against LS yesterday? I saw a score of 10 - 0 going into the 4th.
He beat me in OT 13-10.

He got the ball to start OT and I stopped him for a 3 and out. I then drove down to his 15. On 1st down I threw a pass over the middle and he picked it off. I should have just kicked the FG. Next time I'm sticking to the run game, the Browns passing attack sucks.

Raider
08-31-2011, 01:10 PM
@retro, LS got lucky against you too! No wonder he likes to play poker. =)) =)) =))

LandShark
08-31-2011, 02:07 PM
Dont mess with Texans.

NutsFathead
08-31-2011, 04:01 PM
You mean these refs?

[yt:2km4g8dr]RqkpWuQaE64[/yt:2km4g8dr]

well atleast fifa is easy all you need to do is kick the ball in to the net which is easier to get into :)) seen that ref a loads of times b4 and he never stop makin me laugh =)) but i think i will stick with football (soccer) and leave the american football to the americans :)) and wen fifa 12 comes out i could use some warm up matches with you guys before i decide to play the european MPs :smug:

Retro
08-31-2011, 04:06 PM
well atleast fifa is easy all you need to do is kick the ball in to the net which is easier to get into :)) seen that ref a loads of times b4 and he never stop makin me laugh =)) but i think i will stick with football (soccer) and leave the american football to the americans :)) and wen fifa 12 comes out i could use some warm up matches with you guys before i decide to play the european MPs :smug:

Oh it's on, this may force me to get FIFA over NBA2K12. A limey butt needs to be kicked!!!!!! :devil:

Retro
09-01-2011, 12:32 AM
Retro (Browns) vs. Landshark (Texans) The Rematch.

37 - 0 :-"

Retro
09-01-2011, 12:57 AM
Here's a link to the Madden website. It's similar to the NCAA but is also a link to the Community I created for us. The user(email address)/password is the same as what you use to sign into the NCAA site.

Not everything is up and running yet.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/communities

NutsFathead
09-01-2011, 09:00 AM

Oh it's on, this may force me to get FIFA over NBA2K12. A limey butt needs to be kicked!!!!!! :devil: :p =))

Raider
09-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Retro (Browns) vs. Landshark (Texans) The Rematch.

37 - 0 :-"

Someone got a smack down!!!!! I trucked his punt returner, picked up the fumble and ran it in to beat him in overtime. Looks like you're next retro! ;)

PS, plus you're under the weather, so it's a good time to beat a man when he's down! LOL

LandShark
09-01-2011, 09:50 AM
Im going to blame it on the beer.

Raider
09-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Im going to blame it on the beer.

You should blame it on the rain, with that milli-vanilli offense of yours. LOL

TrojanTeacher
09-01-2011, 02:24 PM
OH NO HE DI'INT SAY MILLI VANILLI!!! LOL!!! =)) =))

LandShark
09-01-2011, 04:12 PM
OH NO HE DI'INT SAY MILLI VANILLI!!! LOL!!! =)) =))
yea he did, he must want a WHIPPIN!

Raider
09-02-2011, 09:07 AM
The EA servers for Madden were down last night for up to possibly 24 hours. Looks like Retro got lucky and got a stay of execution from the silver and black! ;) :D

@LS, a whippin? Like the Texans did for real last night. (Last night they laid a goose egg) :D :D :D :D :D :hug:

Retro
09-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Servers came back later last night.

Raider
09-02-2011, 11:31 AM
I was already in bed by then I'm sure. I'll be up for a match tonight, but will need to be before 10:00E. Raiders vs. Seahawks game coming on tonight!

Retro
09-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Raiders vs. Seahawks game coming on tonight!
Hmm, don't think you'd be missing much there. B-)

Raider
09-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Raiders vs. Seahawks game coming on tonight!
Hmm, don't think you'd be missing much there. B-)

You're right, it is a week 4 preseason game. I'll probably only watch the starters play, and when they're done, hop back onto the box.

TrojanTeacher
09-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Don't worry Raider, Retro got his game in last night. Nail biter with a pick six in my favor. JETS WIN!!

Retro
09-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Yeah, LS was pretty happy when he beat me in a nail biter. Then we played again and I played for a full 4 quarters, what was that score again? :-"

Plus I'm using the NFL handicap known as the Browns. Once I have a full grip on the boys from the "Mistake by the Lake", watch out! B-)

Raider
09-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Yeah, LS was pretty happy when he beat me in a nail biter. Then we played again and I played for a full 4 quarters, what was that score again? :-"

Plus I'm using the NFL handicap known as the Browns. Once I have a full grip on the boys from the "Mistake by the Lake", watch out! B-)

Red Right 88!!!! =))

[yt:otranxeh]6gKBCG5yDk0[/yt:otranxeh]

TrojanTeacher
09-02-2011, 02:49 PM
But I thought you said Colt McCoy was accurate and had a pistol release? Plus, their RB is on the cover, so he must be good, no?

Retro
09-02-2011, 02:59 PM
But I thought you said Colt McCoy was accurate and had a pistol release? Plus, their RB is on the cover, so he must be good, no?
McCoy is accurate with anything less than 20 yards!! Anything more and forget it. Hillis is ok but he's slow. In the league I play in, I added Noel Devine as my 2nd HB. His overall rating is low but he so damn fast and elusive. Everytime he touches the ball could be a TD. Hillis breaks the D-line down and then Devine just blasts through.

Bongtoker A2
09-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Hey, guys not sure if you were waiting on me to start a Team MP league in this game. I'm not sure when I'll be getting it, if you guy's do start a league, I will join later if I can.

Retro
09-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Hey, guys not sure if you were waiting on me to start a Team MP league in this game. I'm not sure when I'll be getting it, if you guy's do start a league, I will join later if I can.
All we have done so far is set up a community for it. When you get the game let me know and I'll send you an invite.

TrojanTeacher
09-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Yup, so far I'm undefeated. LOL!!!

TrojanTeacher
09-21-2011, 04:26 PM
==============MADDEN DYNASTY=================

Please post here if you'd like to be included in a Madden Dynasty.

TrojanTeacher
Raider
LandShark

LandShark
09-21-2011, 04:26 PM
landshark

Raider
09-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Saweet!

TrojanTeacher
09-27-2011, 08:18 PM
Okay, Retro said he would join. So once LS and Raider join in the dynasty, then we can get started. Invites have already been sent out.

Bongtoker A2
09-28-2011, 04:02 PM
I just picked this up today,I'll join if you guys, want me in.

Bongtoker A2
09-28-2011, 04:04 PM
I picked this up today,I'll join if you guys want me in.
Damn I pod touch double post. 8-}

TrojanTeacher
09-28-2011, 04:23 PM
I'll send you an invite to the league when I get home. I think the league name is TeamMP2011 and the password is "teammp". But I'm not sure on the league name. So far, I have the Jets as my team and Retro has chosen the Browns. I know that Raider is going to choose...the Raiders. Not sure who LS will choose. My guess is that you'll be the Lions, right? Feel free to join up, we haven't played our first game yet. Waiting on Raider and LS to join the league *ehem!!!* LOL!!!

Bongtoker A2
09-29-2011, 12:10 PM
All signed in,played a few games last night in offline franchise and really liked it. :applause:

TrojanTeacher
09-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I'm doing my offline franchise too. I'm 3-0 going into my game against the Patriots. It's a lot of fun. We have one more person to sign up and then we're good to go. Rules will be the same, no glitching, etc...and you will have a 3 day windows to play your games or else it will be simulated.

Bongtoker A2
09-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Sounds good Teach, the Lions are ready! Wow, going from playing NCAA with Denard and a bunch of slow short wideouts, to Madden with Stafford and Megatron. :party: :party: I won my first 2 franchise games against Tampa Bay and Kansas City, the first game I think I would have lost, if it were not for 2 INT's for TD. The game has a real good feel to it this year, looks like I will be logging many hours into it.

TrojanTeacher
09-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Whose Megatron?

Bongtoker A2
09-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Come on man! CALVIN JOHNSON 6'5 230 lbs 4.4 in the 40, Megatron is is nickname here in Detroit. ;)

TrojanTeacher
09-29-2011, 04:01 PM
So Revis from the Jets is Optimus Prime?

Bongtoker A2
09-29-2011, 04:11 PM
So Revis from the Jets is Optimus Prime?
You better hope so! He is more like Bumble Bee to Calvin.

TrojanTeacher
09-30-2011, 12:28 PM
Last night, after Madden got updated, the franchise that I had started was gone. I had to start a new one. That's the bad news. The good news, no games had been played. Re-join the league by starting the game > going to XBOX LIVE option > MADDEN ONLINE COMMUNITIES and then find the invite under INVITATIONS. Hopefully this won't happen again.

Bongtoker A2
10-01-2011, 09:50 AM
I was playing my first game against Tampa Bay last night, I paused it in the third quarter to run to the fridge for a nice cold Sam Adams Octoberfest. when I returned I caught the end of a pop up saying I was disconnected from the EA servers and my game and stats would not be recorded, it was late in the third and I finished the game. Sure enough when I exited the game it had me in a quick play game, not in our franchise. I may have an issue, for some reason I am always losing the EA servers while playing Madden. It does not disconnect me from Xbox Live only the EA server and I can always sign right back in. I have never had this happen in NCAA and as far as I know if it happens during a franchise game, it will not record it. I will try again tonight. :-?

Oh yea, I was only up 14-13 when it happened but, I broke out in the fourth and ended up winning 34-13.

Raider
10-01-2011, 10:12 AM
I was just catching up on reading this thread........... =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Teach said "Whose Megatron?" LOL.

On a side note, I will never put so much value on a shut down corner again after seeing the Raiders win without Asomuagh and still beat the Jets. Derrel Revis is more like the left arm of a destructacon. =)) =)) =))

Bongtoker A2
10-01-2011, 10:19 AM
I noticed Teach switched teams to the Eagles, what about the "Sanchize" :-"

TrojanTeacher
10-02-2011, 05:27 PM
I switched because the Jets running game really sucked. Unfortunately, the Eagles passing attack isn't much better, Haha. We won the first game, but it want easy.

Nice to see the Lions getting their team together and going 4-0, finally. My Raiders should still be in the game if it wasn't for that INT in the endzone.

TrojanTeacher
10-04-2011, 04:07 PM
The week will be advanced on WEDNESDAY. Retro, Toker and I have come out victorious. Raiders and Texans are still on hold. Let me know when you guys get those games played so I know when to advance. You can also set your status to READY in game.

TrojanTeacher
10-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Advanced the week last night...LandShark didn't get his game in so I had to sim it for him. I can't remember if he won or lost. Week 2 is now underway.

LandShark
10-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Advanced the week last night...LandShark didn't get his game in so I had to sim it for him. I can't remember if he won or lost. Week 2 is now underway.
i started the game last night, was down 0-14 in the second and the game froze so i turned xbox off and went to bed

TrojanTeacher
10-06-2011, 02:36 PM
I saw that it had been started once already. Figured something happened.

Bongtoker A2
10-08-2011, 10:43 AM
R.I.P Al Davis of the Raiders,without him the NFL would not be what it is today.

TrojanTeacher
10-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Ding dong the witch is dead.

Bongtoker A2
10-10-2011, 10:02 AM
I lost the EA server during my game last night. I'll just take the sim results. My first game said that I restarted twice but, I swear I played a half of a game and lost the server,then when I replayed it everything went fine.

TrojanTeacher
10-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Have you tried to reboot your router/modem? You still have until tonight to play your game...til 10 PST.

Bongtoker A2
10-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Yea,I tried that nothing has seemed to help,it seems to be a random thing. I have no issues signing in or with any other games. When I first got the game,before I signed up to our online dynasty, I was updating the roster and started a offline franchise and it kept losing the server every few min. Now it only does it once in a while. I can normally sign right back in but in a online franchise game a box pops up and says your game and stats will not be recorded. The first time it happened I finished the game and when I was done it did not exit me to our franchise but, to the play now screen. Last night it did the same thing right at the 2 min. warning. I dout I'll get the game in tonight because of my severe sports addiction,in other words I have to watch the Lions on MNF.

TrojanTeacher
10-11-2011, 09:43 AM
no worries, I'm am going to advance it today when I get home. I fell asleep early yesterday and forgot to advance it.

Raider
10-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Sorry I missed a game. If I don't get in my game before you get home feel free to sim my game.

TrojanTeacher
10-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Will do. Raider, you somehow took yourself out of the league. I re-sent you an invite in the game. That way to can join back in. So far only Retro and I have completed our games. LS hasn't. Toker told me just to sim it (hopefully he gets another chance to play it). I'll most likely advance the week at about 5 pm PST after I've gotten dinner and homework situated.

Bongtoker A2
10-12-2011, 07:25 AM
@Teach, normally I would have squeezed that game in but, I got a nasty case of food poisoning and I have been unable to do anything except :sick: and i-) the last few days.

TrojanTeacher
10-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Now worries. Just realized something, every time I start the game the commentators are talking about how it's "an exhibition game". Are we in pre-season?

Bongtoker A2
10-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Now worries. Just realized something, every time I start the game the commentators are talking about how it's "an exhibition game". Are we in pre-season?
I don't think so,if I remember correctly I looked at my schedule and it went hand in hand with the lions regular season schedule in real life. I was wondering about that when we started, personally I never play the pre season offline. I just thought either it did not have us play pre season in online dynasty or maybe you just simulated them for us.

I was wondering about how trades and free agency work in online dynasy? You know like no trades,1 trade each or whatever and I have no clue about free agency and the draft at the end of the year. I'm sure Retro can clue us in on how it works.

Bongtoker A2
10-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Teach, I know you said we were playing on all-pro at normal speed but,when you get a chance could you post the slider changes, if you even changed any. I just want to have my offline on the same settings as online. Right now I have not changed them from whatever they are at on all-pro. I don't see anyway to check them in the franchise like in NCAA.

TrojanTeacher
10-13-2011, 12:30 PM
No changes to the sliders at all. I left them alone. I haven't tried other peoples sliders either. So far, it's normal speed, all-pro, with an accelerated clock at 20 seconds. That's it.

Bongtoker A2
10-14-2011, 10:10 AM
No changes to the sliders at all. I left them alone. I haven't tried other peoples sliders either. So far, it's normal speed, all-pro, with an accelerated clock at 20 seconds. That's it.
Ok thanks for the info Teach.

Raider
10-14-2011, 11:34 AM
MAN!!!! If this Madden 12 keeps erasing my info and not saving, or I keep having troubles with getting on the EA servers......this damn game is going to get traded in!!!

Bongtoker A2
10-14-2011, 11:57 AM
MAN!!!! If this Madden 12 keeps erasing my info and not saving, or I keep having troubles with getting on the EA servers......this damn game is going to get traded in!!!
I was having issues with the EA servers for this game too but, they seem to have gone away the last few days. A friendly heads up to everyone in the league... make sure you check the injury report before you start your game. I started my game against Minnesota and did not know my kicker was hurt... so I had to have my rookie punter who, is rated like 50 do my kicking. #-o

TrojanTeacher
10-14-2011, 12:02 PM
LOL!! ouch, that had to suck. I will do that next time before my game.

Bongtoker A2
10-14-2011, 12:27 PM
LOL!! ouch, that had to suck. I will do that next time before my game.
I was having trouble moving the ball on Minn. it was 0-0 into the third quarter, I finally get the ball into the red zone and instead of going for it on 4th and 2, I decide I better kick it because, I might not get down here again. So, I line up for the kick and my punter is in... I call a time out, thinking my depth chart must be messed up... that's when I see my kicker is out for 5 weeks. I still decide to kick it, thinking even this guy can make a 25 yd FG... needless to say he can't make a 25 yd FG. I had to go for TD's the rest of the game.

TrojanTeacher
10-14-2011, 04:20 PM
=)) Nice. Guess it's punt or go for it on 4th for you.

TrojanTeacher
10-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Is this thing dead? Noticed that most people aren't playing their games, should we just call it quits?

Major Stains
01-30-2012, 05:05 PM
The Electronic Arts crystal ball!

http://allthingsd.com/20120130/super-bowl-predictions-how-ea-uses-madden-to-guess-the-final-score/