PDA

View Full Version : I have got to find a house

CELockwood
05-03-2011, 06:27 AM
I'd forgotten the joys of apartment living. Cop cars here at 2:00 a.m. A water leak from my bathroom ceiling. Spitting showers.

The bachelor pad is not what it should be. :( 8-} :((

DayliteMag
05-03-2011, 09:14 AM
I'd forgotten the joys of apartment living. Cop cars here at 2:00 a.m. A water leak from my bathroom ceiling. Spitting showers.

I think you are missing the big picture. No screaming kids. No nagging wife. No vegetables. Pants, optional. Toilet Seat, up.

CELockwood
05-03-2011, 09:25 AM

I think you are missing the big picture. No screaming kids. No nagging wife. No vegetables. Pants, optional. Toilet Seat, up.

Pants are optional in my house anyway. In the apartment, underwear is optional. ;)

I'm also finding that things actually have to be cleaned! There's no cleaning fairy here. Who'dve thunk it.

I seriously can't wait to find a place though. We've got it narrowed down to two houses, and Mary's driving up this evening. I'm hoping to make an offer in the next day or two.

DayliteMag
05-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Good luck! I hope you get the house you want and at the price you want to pay for it!

All joking aside, I wouldn't want to have to live away from my family, even temporarily. I used to do a fair amount of travel with my work and literally hated every minute of it. I am lost without my family around me.

CELockwood
05-03-2011, 09:19 PM
And, it's a swing and a miss!

Foreclosures everywhere, prices plummeting, and we pick the one house to make an offer where we were beaten to the punch by several hours.

On to house 2.

Retro
05-03-2011, 10:05 PM
And, it's a swing and a miss!

Foreclosures everywhere, prices plummeting, and we pick the one house to make an offer where we were beaten to the punch by several hours.

On to house 2.
Always best to pass up on the first one anyway, consider it a win.

sam007
05-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Good luck dude. But talk about bad timing, supply all around you and there is another buyer interested in the place you looked at.

We were fortunate to get the place we got since its right across the street from my work place, super convienent and well worth every penny we offered.

Long story short, the selling agent is good friends with the sellers estate, which happens to be firemen for the City of Toronto so the selling agent had to get as close to the asking price. I found this out by talking to my neighbours son which also happens to be an agent, but the smaller world is they took their course together!

CELockwood
05-05-2011, 10:21 PM
We got the second one. Not sure when I'll get to move in exactly (sometime in June), but at least we've got a place.

:party: :o) Team MP Moving Party? :party: :o)

@sam, sounds awesome. One of the reasons we liked this place was proximity to work as well. Ten minutes, and I'm there, no interstate. I've been driving 96 miles one way for a couple of years, so this is going to be sweet.

DayliteMag
05-06-2011, 06:59 AM
Congrats, Lockwood! BTW, that Team MP gaming lounge that you described last night sounds awesome. I'll bring the Doritos and Beer!

LandShark
05-06-2011, 07:27 AM
CONGRATS!!!