PDA

View Full Version : My Rant about having to call the police last night

mechatool
05-05-2011, 10:56 AM
I had the call the police last night, because I caught this dude in by backyard. It turns out it was my neighbor 4 houses down from me, and by the way, I never felt quite right about him. I always had a funny gut feeling. I mean, what the F**k is this douce bag doing in my backyard?

I walked outside around 12:00am, I opened the french doors, that look out to the pool and pool house/shed from the living room. These doors lead you directly to the pool 5ft from the doors. The french doors are clear glass pans half way up with no curtains. That's when I saw him between the fence (which is wooded and 7' tall) and the shed. He has a direct view from that location into my living room.

What is this dude some peeking tom?

Psalm
05-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Did you ask him?...me and My friend Mr Remington would be having a nice quiet talk with him....I'm assuming he was either drunk or stoned?

mechatool
05-05-2011, 11:31 AM
My instinct was to go and beat his a**, but my gut told me otherwise. You never know what people are capable of when back into a corner. When I walked outside, I proceed strait toward him and the shed without breaking a stride. He was behind the shed. I opened the shed door and stood outside the shed to hear him and to see if he would make a move. He stood still. I closed the shed and headed straight inside, picked up the phone and called 911. I had 3 cops at my house within 3 to 4 mins after I hung up. I wanted to confront him that night, but I decided to let the police handle it. I will confront him when I see him during the day. I am going to keep it nice and simple. "If I catch you in my backyard again it will be your last."

mechatool
05-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Let me give you a little backstory. This guy is always roaming the streets and the back ally late at night around 2am to 3am. Just f**k creepy. He is in his late 40s and lives alone. This past summer, I would notice about every 2 to 3 weeks somebody had been swimming in my pool. I would also notice peanut shells in my backyard every now and then. I knew somebody was getting in my backyard during the night and taking a dip in the pool. I always suspected him. I was looking at buying a deer camera to hang in the backyard to get a picture of the person. No need for the camera now because I know without a doubt who it is.

I spoke to my next door neighbor this morning and told him the situation. My neighbor told me the guy 2 houses down from me caught the same guy in his backyard on 2 separate occasions, but didn't call the police and questioned him and told him to say off of his property.

dinsdale1978
05-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Did you look up the pedophiles in your area? Make sure he isn't listed. I would certainly be wary of this fool.

CELockwood
05-05-2011, 11:51 AM
I hate to bring it up, but I'd be finding out everything I can about this idiot (sex offender registries is what comes to mind). That's just freaking creepy.

What did the cops tell you?

mechatool
05-05-2011, 12:02 PM
I hate to bring it up, but I'd be finding out everything I can about this idiot (sex offender registries is what comes to mind). That's just freaking creepy.

I checked the sex offender sight before. I will need to check it agin. The cops checked the backyard and I told them who he was and where he lived. They said they were going to go and knock on his door and speak to him if he answers the door. I went to bed and woke my wife up and told her what happened.

Borlaxx
05-05-2011, 12:08 PM

I checked the sex offender sight before. I will need to check it agin. The cops checked the backyard and I told them who he was and where he lived. They said they were going to go and knock on his door and speak to him if he answers the door. I went to bed and woke my wife up and told her what happened.
I would say just one sentence to him:

"If I catch you on my property again, I will practice my legal right in the state of Florida to fucking kill you."

Dude is either mentally unstable, a perv looking to do bad things, or both. At least now if you kill his ass you have a record of calling the police.

johnboy
05-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Dude sounds like a creep. I would tell him to stay the fuck away from my property and if he doesn't, whatever happens to him, it has been brought upon himself.

mechatool
05-05-2011, 12:17 PM

I would say just one sentence to him:

"If I catch you on my property again, I will practice my legal right in the state of Florida to **** kill you."

Dude is either mentally unstable, a perv looking to do bad things, or both. At least now if you kill his ass you have a record of calling the police.
I couldn't agree with you more. Whatever he is doing in my backyard, it is not good intentions and I got it on record. The first one was a waring, and if I catch him again....I will introduce him to my friends... Smith & Wesson.

roadrnr
05-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Personally, I would not have gone out there unarmed. Regardless if I knew it was the neighbor or not, he would have been met by me with a flashlight and pistol while the wife called 911... Then again, I may have stayed inside, armed if I didn't know who it was for fear of there being more than 1 person outside. Sometimes a fortified position is way better than confronting an unknown perp.

Shit like that scares me and my wife and I have talked about what to do in situations like that.

RFK48
05-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Nothing works better than the sound of a shell being loaded into a pump action shotgun!

mechatool
05-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Nothing works better than the sound of a shell being loaded into a pump action shotgun!
Yes you are right. I don't have any guns in the house (at the moment). My shotgun is at my parents house. I might need to get it back, but I don't have a secure location to place it in the house with the kids around.

Borlaxx
05-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Yes you are right. I don't have any guns in the house (at the moment). My shotgun is at my parents house. I might need to get it back, but I don't have a secure location to place it in the house with the kids around.
Same here. I need to get my 20 gauge shotty and 22 rifle back from my dad, and I want to add a pump action with shot to my arsenal. Pump actions are great because the sound alone will scare off most people, and you don't have to worry about bullets going through walls and killing family members. Also, my dad said I could have his double barrel 12 gauge. I WANT THAT GUN SOOOO BAD (see my sig image). "This is my BOOM STICK!!!!!"

A couple weeks ago around 9 at night some dude knocked really loud on our front door. I was laying my 5 year old down to sleep at the time. When my wife asked who it was he said "this is Steve. Open your door. I need to talk to you." My wife's response was "umm, no, go fuck yourself."

By the time I got to the front door the dude wasn't there anymore. I armed myself with my sword cane (yes, a cane with a sword inside, that is sharp and heavy as hell and made to kill people) and told her to call the police. I went looking for the guy and saw him walking from house to house knocking on everyone's doors. Turns out he worked for a company that was painting house numbers on the curves for people the next day. More than one neighbor thought he was a home intruder. I called that company and told them he is lucky no one shot his dumb ass.

It was a scary moment, and although sword canes are hella awesome, I would have much rather had one of my guns.

mechatool
05-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Same here. I need to get my 20 gauge shotty and 22 rifle back from my dad, and I want to add a pump action with shot to my arsenal. Pump actions are great because the sound alone will scare off most people, and you don't have to worry about bullets going through walls and killing family members. Also, my dad said I could have his double barrel 12 gauge. I WANT THAT GUN SOOOO BAD (see my sig image). "This is my BOOM STICK!!!!!"

A couple weeks ago around 9 at night some dude knocked really loud on our front door. I was laying my 5 year old down to sleep at the time. When my wife asked who it was he said "this is Steve. Open your door. I need to talk to you." My wife's response was "umm, no, go **** yourself."

By the time I got to the front door the dude wasn't there anymore. I armed myself with my sword cane (yes, a cane with a sword inside, that is sharp and heavy as hell and made to kill people) and told her to call the police. I went looking for the guy and saw him walking from house to house knocking on everyone's doors. Turns out he worked for a company that was painting house numbers on the curves for people the next day. More than one neighbor thought he was a home intruder. I called that company and told them he is lucky no one shot his dumb ass.

It was a scary moment, and although sword canes are hella awesome, I would have much rather had one of my guns.
I wish I had a sword last night and went all KILL BILL on his a**. Here is a link to an article where: Medical student 'slays burglar with samurai sword'. http://www.news.com.au/world/medical-st ... 5774494107 (http://www.news.com.au/world/medical-student-slays-burglar-with-samurai-sword/story-e6frfkyi-1225774494107)

CELockwood
05-05-2011, 02:51 PM

Same here. Mine are at my parents house. The only problem with secruring them around the house is that I haven't seen anything that would be secure and yet accessible enough for use as home protection, so I just havent bothered.

roadrnr
05-05-2011, 02:59 PM

While I understand the sound of a racking shotgun could be a deterrent, I prefer to have the tactical advantage of silence. If someone is in my house and not supposed to be there, they don't hear warning shots and more than likely will not hear the rack of a shotgun or pistol slide. Odds are good they aren't there to borrow a cup of sugar and I'd rather them not get a chance to have the drop on me.

Speaking of over penetration...here is a good article that talks about ammo for different types of firearms and what is a good self defense load...
http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/index.htm

unerds
05-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Wellll, thats f.ed mech.... that guy was obviously up to something...

firearms are definitely the way to go... very few people are packing here in Canada so we just have a hatchet, a crowbar and a baseball bat on hand for such occasions...
dogs definitely earn their keep in those situations. I used to manage 84 units of apartment buildings in Toronto... Our dog chased off crackheads sleeping in our lobbies enough times, where we may have otherwise contracted hepatitis or something... seriously, crooks usually don't mess around with dogs.

Also, B... that dude should have totally been a little bit more discrete about getting peoples attention... also, you should have been notified through official channels (building management or whatever) prior to this happening... what a farce!

Borlaxx
05-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Also, B... that dude should have totally been a little bit more discrete about getting peoples attention... also, you should have been notified through official channels (building management or whatever) prior to this happening... what a farce!
He is just lucky I didn't go all Highlander on him

http://www.poffysmoviemania.com/Highlander_caption.JPG

mechatool
05-05-2011, 04:16 PM

LOL

unerds
05-05-2011, 04:19 PM
LOL.
never mess with a dude in a dress

Retro
05-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Wellll, thats f.ed mech.... that guy was obviously up to something...

firearms are definitely the way to go... very few people are packing here in Canada so we just have a hatchet, a crowbar and a baseball bat on hand for such occasions...
dogs definitely earn their keep in those situations. I used to manage 84 units of apartment buildings in Toronto... Our dog chased off crackheads sleeping in our lobbies enough times, where we may have otherwise contracted hepatitis or something... seriously, crooks usually don't mess around with dogs.

Crowbar - my weapon of choice!

Psalm
05-05-2011, 04:35 PM
I have a few friends tucked away in my locked closet that I can easily unlock in about 10 seconds...
But, I keep my Beretta tucked into a compartment i have in my headboard that my kids don't know about...

DayliteMag
05-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Totally wing-nut-Canuck response here: but have you thought of walking down the street and asking Dude, "What's up with the creepy shit? If you want to swim in my pool, you should just ask." At least get a conversation started so that you can get to know the guy. As they say, "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer." The cops are only helpful "after" a crime has been committed, but communication/information is power. Once you get to know the guy (afterall he lives really close-by) then you will have a better idea of what you are dealing with and be better prepared to manage the threat.

Side topic: Last summer I caught two young punks breaking into my garage. I just walked out and said, "Get the fuck out of my garage." They ran like their hair was on fire. Called the cops, and lo and behold they actually caught the little shits and brought them back to me for a convo. They were nice, clean-cut kids just doing stupid shit (who hasn't). I didn't want their lives ruined so I refused to positively identify them. One of the cops took me aside and said the boys needed a good scare, so I played along and the cops ended up driving them home to Mummy and Daddy in a cruiser with lights flashing. After all was said and done I thought, "should have let them take some shit...would save me throwing it away."

unerds
05-05-2011, 05:09 PM

i love how all the american peeps are talking about 12 guages, smith and wesson's and various firearms... we in the great white north are like 'WE USE METAL STICKS!' and also talk to our offending neighbours!
LOL.

Retro
05-05-2011, 05:41 PM

i love how all the american peeps are talking about 12 guages, smith and wesson's and various firearms... we in the great white north are like 'WE USE METAL STICKS!' and also talk to our offending neighbours!
LOL.
I prefer hands, crowbars & baseball bats to guns, makes it much more personal.

unerds
05-05-2011, 05:49 PM
one lesson an acquaintance of mine learned the hard way...
NEVER PUNCH A JUNKIE!
he hit im in the mouth with his bare fist... cut his knuckle on the guys face... then BAM! he contracted HEP... poor bastard.

RFK48
05-05-2011, 06:27 PM

I think this fits you better B.
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l254/rfk48/Sigs/HighlanderMankini.jpg

mechatool
05-05-2011, 09:52 PM
Totally wing-nut-Canuck response here: but have you thought of walking down the street and asking Dude, "What's up with the creepy ****? If you want to swim in my pool, you should just ask." At least get a conversation started so that you can get to know the guy. As they say, "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer." The cops are only helpful "after" a crime has been committed, but communication/information is power. Once you get to know the guy (afterall he lives really close-by) then you will have a better idea of what you are dealing with and be better prepared to manage the threat.

Side topic: Last summer I caught two young punks breaking into my garage. I just walked out and said, "Get the **** out of my garage." They ran like their hair was on fire. Called the cops, and lo and behold they actually caught the little **** and brought them back to me for a convo. They were nice, clean-cut kids just doing stupid **** (who hasn't). I didn't want their lives ruined so I refused to positively identify them. One of the cops took me aside and said the boys needed a good scare, so I played along and the cops ended up driving them home to Mummy and Daddy in a cruiser with lights flashing. After all was said and done I thought, "should have let them take some ****...would save me throwing it away."
I have known this guy since 2006 when I started renovating this house after Katrina. He always seemed like a nice guy, but something never seemed right in my gut about him. I would talk to him about once a month. I gave him the nickname "stalker dude" 3 years ago because I couldn't step foot outside without him bothering me. I plan on having one last conversion with him next time I see him to let him know how f**k up that is to be creeping in my backyard in the middle of the night.

Borlaxx
05-06-2011, 06:53 AM
I think this fits you better B.
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l254/rfk48/Sigs/HighlanderMankini.jpg
Damn, I'm a sexy bitch

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

TonkaToys
05-06-2011, 07:43 AM
LOL.

Reminds me of this incident in Wales...

[yt:2c33py8o]JLI_IU9fYYc[/yt:2c33py8o]

By the way, the way you chaps from the US talk about using firearms to deal with people on your property is quite scary for me to read. In the same situation I would probably shout at the person and tell them to get lost, whilst my wife phoned the police. I might pick up something to defend myself with if I felt threatened, but it would probably be a broom stick rather than a boom stick as I don't think I've got anything better than that in the house.

Borlaxx
05-06-2011, 07:51 AM
LOL.

[yt:2s0b72t8]JLI_IU9fYYc[/yt:2s0b72t8]

By the way, the way you chaps from the US talk about using firearms to deal with people on your property is quite scary for me to read. In the same situation I would probably shout at the person and tell them to get lost, whilst my wife phoned the police. I might pick up something to defend myself with if I felt threatened, but it would probably be a broom stick rather than a boom stick as I don't think I've got anything better than that in the house.
The difference here is that the majority of criminals who want to do harm are armed with guns themselves, unfortunately.

TonkaToys
05-06-2011, 09:03 AM
True.

It's a major event when we have shootings over here; either that or the police are good at suppressing that kind of news.

johnboy
05-06-2011, 06:36 PM
LOL.

[yt:1u0fyqc6]JLI_IU9fYYc[/yt:1u0fyqc6]

Ha ha, is that the mma fighters that were out on a night out?

TonkaToys
05-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Yeah... some drunken thugs are picking on people out on the town, including punching some girls IIRC.

Then they spot some guys dressed in women's clothes so have a go at them. Only the trannies turn out to be cage fighters in fancy dress!

:cheers:

mechatool
05-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Looks like the drunken thugs got what they deserved. They were looking for a fight and got their a** whipped.

sniperella
05-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Let me give you a little backstory. This guy is always roaming the streets and the back ally late at night around 2am to 3am. Just f**k creepy. He is in his late 40s and lives alone. This past summer, I would notice about every 2 to 3 weeks somebody had been swimming in my pool. I would also notice peanut shells in my backyard every now and then. I knew somebody was getting in my backyard during the night and taking a dip in the pool. I always suspected him. I was looking at buying a deer camera to hang in the backyard to get a picture of the person. No need for the camera now because I know without a doubt who it is.

I spoke to my next door neighbor this morning and told him the situation. My neighbor told me the guy 2 houses down from me caught the same guy in his backyard on 2 separate occasions, but didn't call the police and questioned him and told him to say off of his property.

You really need to get some no trespassing signs too. I know it sounds trivial since that is your property and he shouldn't be there anyway, but better to be safe and have all your bases covered in case it happens again and you do decide to kick his ass.

mechatool
05-14-2011, 01:45 AM

You really need to get some no trespassing signs too. I know it sounds trivial since that is your property and he shouldn't be there anyway, but better to be safe and have all your bases covered in case it happens again and you do decide to kick his ass.
I have been searching for him since the incident, to let him know that he steps on my property again I will beat his a**.

eraseNsd
05-25-2011, 11:30 AM
You should still set up a deer camera or get a CC video system set up around the house. If you can show to the cops proof that he was trespassing they should arrest him on the spot. Even if he is back at his house.

We do not own any guns, but I do have a few swords and a large mag light to use. A pump action shotgun might not be a good idea. It gives away your position and if the robber is armed with a hand gun he might just get you first. Just sayin.

Look into a restraining order too. Might not be a bad idea if it comes down to it.

mechatool
05-25-2011, 12:30 PM
You should still set up a deer camera or get a CC video system set up around the house. If you can show to the cops proof that he was trespassing they should arrest him on the spot. Even if he is back at his house.

We do not own any guns, but I do have a few swords and a large mag light to use. A pump action shotgun might not be a good idea. It gives away your position and if the robber is armed with a hand gun he might just get you first. Just sayin.

Look into a restraining order too. Might not be a bad idea if it comes down to it.
I would like to get something that I could turn on and off when I am using the backyard. Any Ideas?

I let everyone on my block know about my encounter. My next door neighbor is an Assistant DA in New Orleans and he is looking into for me.

sniperella
05-26-2011, 06:51 AM

I would like to get something that I could turn on and off when I am using the backyard. Any Ideas?

I let everyone on my block know about my encounter. My next door neighbor is an Assistant DA in New Orleans and he is looking into for me.

I have the solution to your problem! We should have a huge MP party at your house, and we can all begin a massive FPS reenactment/game and scare the crap out of this guy! When should we set the date? ;)

mechatool
05-26-2011, 09:43 AM

I have the solution to your problem! We should have a huge MP party at your house, and we can all begin a massive FPS reenactment/game and scare the crap out of this guy! When should we set the date? ;)
LOL. Nice. I think we should set the date in July. It will be nice and hot then and everyone could enjoy the pool (minus the creepy peeping tom bastard). :)

mechatool
08-08-2011, 06:39 PM
I was just now taking the trash out to the back ally and guess who I saw back there......that son of a bit*h that was creeping in my back yard. He was talking to an old man who lives on the next street over. I walked up to him, and he said "Buddy how's it going!" I said "I DON'T WANT TO HEAR FUCKI*NG WORD OUT OF YOUR MOUTH, AND IF I CATCH YOU SNOOPING IN MY GOD DAMN YARD AGAIN YOU WILL BE SORRY." you should have seen the look on the old mans face. :-ss I proceed to turn around and walk off. Then the SOB started to say, "man we got big problems around here someone broke into a car back here." I turned and said "I told you I don't what to here a damn word out of your mouth" and proceed to walk away.

I wonder what was going through that old mans head when all this went down? =))

sniperella
08-10-2011, 12:21 PM
That is sooooo creepy, you need to put some animal traps in your back yard, that would slow him down a bit!

mechatool
08-10-2011, 01:35 PM
That is sooooo creepy, you need to put some animal traps in your back yard, that would slow him down a bit!
This was the first time I saw him outside of his house since I caught him in the backyard a couple of months ago. I have been waiting for a long time to give him my message. I guess he thought it was finally safe to show his face outside. [-x

Borlaxx
08-10-2011, 01:53 PM
I was just now taking the trash out to the back ally and guess who I saw back there......that son of a bit*h that was creeping in my back yard. He was talking to an old man who lives on the next street over. I walked up to him, and he said "Buddy how's it going!" I said "I DON'T WANT TO HEAR FUCKI*NG WORD OUT OF YOUR MOUTH, AND IF I CATCH YOU SNOOPING IN MY GOD DAMN YARD AGAIN YOU WILL BE SORRY." you should have seen the look on the old mans face. :-ss I proceed to turn around and walk off. Then the SOB started to say, "man we got big problems around here someone broke into a car back here." I turned and said "I told you I don't what to here a damn word out of your mouth" and proceed to walk away.

Sounds like someone needs to set up some claymores.

mechatool
08-10-2011, 03:21 PM
LOL. =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

sniperella
08-10-2011, 03:28 PM
I was just now taking the trash out to the back ally and guess who I saw back there......that son of a bit*h that was creeping in my back yard. He was talking to an old man who lives on the next street over. I walked up to him, and he said "Buddy how's it going!" I said "I DON'T WANT TO HEAR *****NG WORD OUT OF YOUR MOUTH, AND IF I CATCH YOU SNOOPING IN MY GOD DAMN YARD AGAIN YOU WILL BE SORRY." you should have seen the look on the old mans face. :-ss I proceed to turn around and walk off. Then the SOB started to say, "man we got big problems around here someone broke into a car back here." I turned and said "I told you I don't what to here a damn word out of your mouth" and proceed to walk away.

Sounds like someone needs to set up some claymores.

I was thinking circle thingys, but I guess you could go with claymores...

johnboy
08-10-2011, 04:40 PM
I think spikemores would be more effective.