PDA

View Full Version : POLL: PS3 and BRINK

Borlaxx
05-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Just want to know what PS3 players are still going to get this.

xMisFitToyx
05-09-2011, 10:31 AM
I may buy Black Ops on the PS3 instead of this...then get BF3 when it comes out...

I have a couple non MP friends that have Black Ops on PS3 that have been bugging me to get it........

Retro
05-09-2011, 10:34 AM
If this game really blows me away and Sony gets their house in order, I might get a second copy for PS3.

Borlaxx
05-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Man, four switchers already. I may skip this game now for the simple fact that all the people who were going to get it on the PS3 are now getting it for the 360 instead.

:sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

DayliteMag
05-09-2011, 10:37 AM
I had been planning to get this for the PS3, but now I will get it for the XBOX. That being said, b/c I've been screwed over by M$ I can't even game online on the XBOX right now, so I guess I will just have to wait. Probably a good thing as my "day one" purchases have been very hit and miss lately (i.e. Homefront).

rottsko
05-09-2011, 10:40 AM
same here. i planned for ps3 but switched to xbox since psn is still down.

Retro
05-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Man, four switchers already. I may skip this game now for the simple fact that all the people who were going to get it on the PS3 are now getting it for the 360 instead.

:sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:
Don't forget 2 of the people who switched are Daylite and myself and we're not apart of the "regular" PS3 guys.

Psalm
05-09-2011, 10:45 AM
I'll wait this one out

RC-1136
05-09-2011, 10:55 AM
I'm not planning on getting this. I'm still waiting to play BFBC2 oniline.

Tracer-M_D_C
05-09-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm still getting.. keeping pre-orders in for tomorrow. Going ahead so I can get the bonuses and credits for the boy and I, and not willing to shell out for new hardware for the two of us. Yet.
I also JUST replaced my hardware after my last one bit the dust after 2 1/2 years, and have PS plus.

Borlaxx
05-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Changed my vote to day one.

I have a $25 Gamespot gift card that is eating a hole in my pocket, and I can get $25 in trade in for Homefront. That added to the store credit I already have is enough to get Brink.

The way I look at it, even though I can't play online, playing the SP against bots in the SP in this game and leveling up my character are the closest I can get to online FPS right now, and once (if) the PSN comes back up, then I can jump into online play with a partially leveled up character.

If the game ends up being a FAIL, I can get most of my value back in a trade it towards L.A. Noir. I thought about getting Noir instead, but that game will be the same if I play it now or a year from now, and I am really liking what I see about Brink and am hoping is helps refresh what has become IMO a stale FPS market.

If my prior actions are any indication, I will regret this choice in a week.

Tracer-M_D_C
05-09-2011, 02:37 PM
The way I look at it, even though I can't play online, playing the SP against bots in the SP in this game and leveling up my character are the closest I can get to online FPS right now, and once (if) the PSN comes back up, then I can jump into online play with a partially leveled up character.

That's how I felt also... get to do some character customizing (which I've always liked), learn some about the classes, objective wheel and such.

Retro
05-09-2011, 02:49 PM
PSN will be up soon enough.

Borlaxx
05-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Due to the lack luster professional reviews and Retro's advice to stay away from the game on the PS3 while the PSN is down, I changed my vote to "waiting on feedback" although at this point it seems like Tracer may be the only PS3 MP to pick up this game.

Now my problem is deciding to go ahead and change my pre-order to L.A. Noir, wait to see if Brink starts to get more love, or save my store credit for something else entirely.

Psalm
05-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Due to the lack luster professional reviews and Retro's advice to stay away from the game on the PS3 while the PSN is down, I changed my vote to "waiting on feedback" although at this point it seems like Tracer may be the only PS3 MP to pick up this game.

Now my problem is deciding to go ahead and change my pre-order to L.A. Noir, wait to see if Brink starts to get more love, or save my store credit for something else entirely.
I don't blame you....I am not sure this is a great game. Hopefully at least one Mp on the PS3 will pick it up.

Borlaxx
05-10-2011, 01:56 PM

I don't blame you....I am not sure this is a great game. Hopefully at least one Mp on the PS3 will pick it up.
Probably me. I am a gluten for punishment, and I am nothing if not fickle.

Borlaxx
05-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Well for anyone waiting for feedback, I got it, and here is my review: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=2816&start=60#p91474 (http://teammp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=2816&start=60#p91474)

Long story short, I do not regret my purchase, game is fun and challenging against bots, and when the PSN comes back up it will be even better as long as there aren't game breaking connections problems.

Trez
05-11-2011, 11:44 AM
I'm sure you saw Wings' review, he said the connections were shit. But he has a shit connection to start with and that's 360 anyway. I did see another video review with minimal connection error. Only option is to wait and see. :-ss

Borlaxx
05-11-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm sure you saw Wings' review, he said the connections were shit. But he has a shit connection to start with and that's 360 anyway. I did see another video review with minimal connection error. Only option is to wait and see. :-ss
Yup, just like connections the first day on BO were shit. Probably/hopefully just first week launch issues, which are normal. Some of these "professionals" just shit all over any game that isn't COD even if COD had the exact same problems at launch.