PDA

View Full Version : BRINK Technical Problems & Developer Feedback

Retro
05-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Brink - An Update from Splash Damage
Written by Locki on 11 May, 2011 - 18:39 | TaggedBRINK
Now that Brink has been released in North America, we've had hundreds of thousands of people create their character and join the civil war for the Ark. Seeing the game out there being played and enjoyed by so many is very exciting for us, and we've been hopping into multiplayer matches ourselves to get in on the action with all of you.

Before we dive into this blog update, we'd like to extend a huge thank you to everyone who's been sharing their feedback about Brink. We keep a close eye on what all of you have been saying about the game and wanted to give you an update on what's been happening on our end:

Xbox 360 Update
We've now put up our first game update on the Xbox 360, which went live at launch. It addresses several of the issues raised in some of the early US reviews of the game and brings with it some major improvements.

Most importantly, this update significantly reduced texture loading times thanks to improved hard-drive caching. It also improves client prediction when playing online – in other words, you'll experience much less “rubber banding” in multiplayer. We've also fixed several issues that could lead to the game freezing, and resolved an issue where Brink would insist on playing all of the training videos rather than just the introductory one.
If you've not yet got the update, simply restart the game while your Xbox is connected to the internet.

We've also been getting new reports of lag when playing online, especially in matches with lots of human players. We're all huge multiplayer fans here at the office and we know how important a lag-free online experience is. We're urgently investigating this issue and seeing what we can do to improve things in that area. Stay tuned.

PlayStation 3 Update
The PlayStation 3 version of Brink has also received its first game update late Monday. It incorporates the same prediction fixes as in the Xbox 360 version, resulting in a smoother online performance. In addition, host migration has seen several improvements as well, and we've fixed an issue where the Ability Wheel sometimes displayed the wrong class abilities. This update also fixes several potential freezes and, like the Xbox 360 version, now only plays the introductory tutorial video at the initial prompt, rather than all of them.

Even though PSN is currently offline, you'll still be able to get this update if your console is connected to the internet. Once PSN is back online, we'll closely monitor player feedback for this platform.

PC Update
On the PC side, we're pleased to report that we've put together our first game update, bringing two immediate improvements to Brink:

It greatly enhances the crash reports we're getting through Steam, with more detailed information coming our way from now on. While this doesn't sound very exciting for you as a player, it's really useful for the Brink team as it'll allow us to track down the underlying issues much more quickly and work on fixes for them – particularly stability issues relating to compatibility.

This update also fixes an issue where closing the game before getting to the character selection screen can corrupt your character data and make it unusable. Until the game update comes out, we strongly recommend not shutting Brink down during start-up to avoid this issue altogether.

Better yet, this update is already on the way to Steam and you'll get it automatically through the Steam client as soon as it's out.

In other PC news, we've also been working closely with the guys over at Bethesda Softworks to identify and solve any hardware compatibility issues that people have been reporting. For the AMD graphics card owners out there, make sure you've installed the latest AMD video drivers as that will solve a fair few of the visual and performance issues out there. Similarly, if you have an NVIDIA card and are experiencing issues with the game, make sure you've got the latest NVIDIA video drivers installed.

The next game update for the PC version is already in the works, and includes a fix for the FOV issue some of you have been reporting on the forums, among several other things. We'll have more information to share on that soon.

Statistics Site
We've also seen a few questions about the Brink statistics website and what you should be doing with the VIP code that's displayed in the game. When the Brink statistics site launches on http://www.BrinkTheGame.com, you'll be able to register a profile on there and can then use the VIP code from inside the game to link your Xbox 360 gamertag/PSN ID/Steam ID to it. More details on all of that soon!

Lastly, please do keep your Brink feedback coming. It's really useful to us and we really do check all of it. We have teams at Splash Damage and Bethesda dedicated full time to resolving any issues you discover.
That's it for now - thanks for reading and see you online in Brink!

rottsko
05-11-2011, 03:17 PM
i haven't played today b/c i'm at work!!! but has anyone applied this new update? did the lag go away?

Retro
05-11-2011, 03:20 PM
i haven't played today b/c i'm at work!!! but has anyone applied this new update? did the lag go away?
There is no new update. The update released yesterday was more about graphics problems than anything. They are now working on a new update for lag. I got in about 5 games today and 3 played really well. The last 2 I tried though were shades of yesterdays lag-fest.

DayliteMag
05-11-2011, 04:52 PM
I played some this afternoon and found the lag was still a major issue. It was ok b/c it just made me go back and complete the challenges, which I needed to do anyway. I'm hoping to get on tonight w/out lag....I hope.

rottsko
05-12-2011, 09:18 AM
i played last night w/ a couple mp's and it was actually playable. it's pretty fun when you can play it.

Borlaxx
05-12-2011, 12:13 PM
My only two tech issues are the textures coming in slowly during cut scenes (not during the actual match, which makes this a non-issue really) and with the audio dropping out when there is a ton of stuff going on in the area (only had this happen twice for a total of about 30 seconds during 7+ hours of play, but still annoying).

Regardless, I can overlook these issues, because this game is so damn fun and different!

Retro
05-14-2011, 10:00 AM
Huh, a developer & publisher supporting their game post release. :-? :applause:

We have been working on updates for Brink to address the lag issue that some people have reported they were experiencing.

We have made a configuration change for 360 users (which will be available to the PS3, once PSN is up) that alters the number of human players when matchmaking for "Campaign" and most 'Freeplay' modes to eight total human players. This new configuration will allow those connecting to and hosting matches (particularly those with lower upstream bandwidth) to more reliably find and connect to quality hosts via the match-making process – resulting in less lag and more fun. This change is being rolled out today and will be available worldwide.

For players who haven't been experiencing lag, we'll still support 8 vs 8 on all maps via a new 'Big Teams' configuration in Freeplay, and through custom settings in Private matches. There is no download required for this update and it will be available automatically the next time you log in to play Brink and launch either campaign or standard Freeplay matches. This should allow players new to the Ark as well as veterans to find quality matches suitable to their preferred play style.

We are also releasing an incremental update for PC players via Steam that addresses AI, GPU, and server issues. See the full release notes for more information. Many of these fixes are being included in the full update for the 360 and PS3 versions.

We would like to thank you for supporting Brink and for your continued feedback. To show our appreciation for your support of Brink, we will be making the first DLC for Brink available for free when it is released. This DLC is planned for June and will offer additional maps and new content for players. We'll continue to provide announcements about the next title update, as well as the first DLC release as that information becomes available.

-Splash Damage & Bethesda

Toxic Avenger72
05-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Huh, a developer & publisher supporting their game post release. :-? :applause:

Yeah, a rarity these days. Free DLC FTW!!!! :applause:

Borlaxx
05-16-2011, 08:10 AM
Free DLC is AWESOME, but their solution to the lag of just having less real people and more bots is pretty lame IMO. Why release a game advertising 8 vs 8 player matches if the game cannot handle it? With all the action and objectives going on at the same time, this game really needed dedicated servers, not player to player hosting.

I finally got to play online yesterday with the PSN coming back up, and man, the lag on the PS3 last night was game breaking. In about half of the matches I played the lag was so bad it was unplayable. I would warp about 10 feet at a time, sometimes into walls, and if I dared to fire my gun it got much worse. I had to back out of those matches and find a new one.

When I first signed into the PSN early in the afternoon, I played one co-op campaign map with all humans on my side versus bots. There was hardly any lag at all and it was fucking awesome!!! We destroyed. However, last night I think I joined about a total of 5 freeplay lobbies, and only two of those were playable, and the ones that were supper laggy had maybe only half human players, so their solution to the lag of having less human players didn't seem to help here. The two lobbies that did work were awesome, but the same map keep repeating so I backed out. I need to figure out the voting system.

I am praying that the horrible lag was due to either the PSN still not being 100% yet or the fact that maybe there weren't many human players near me for a good host because they PSN had just been brought up a second time after being taken down for a half an hour due to high traffic issues with the servers. I just find it sadly ironic that my first moments of doubt about the longevity of this game came after I was finally able to play it online. I am at level 15 now, and I have been having a blast playing offline so far, but I have finished all the missions and playing against the bots will only keep me entertained for so much longer. They better fix the lag, because otherwise I can't see myself playing this game for too long offline no matter how awesome it is.

Retro
05-16-2011, 08:34 AM
The "fix" they put in was only a temporary attempt until the title update comes out in a few weeks after MS & Sony approve it. I'll give them until that patch is released. I'm just happy that unlike some other company's they acknowledged there was a problem and are trying to make good on it.

Plus I can wait with LA Noire hitting shelves tomorrow, that will occupy my time for awhile I'm sure.

Borlaxx
05-16-2011, 08:41 AM
The "fix" they put in was only a temporary attempt until the title update comes out in a few weeks after MS & Sony approve it. I'll give them until that patch is released. I'm just happy that unlike some other company's they acknowledged there was a problem and are trying to make good on it.

Plus I can wait with LA Noire hitting shelves tomorrow, that will occupy my time for awhile I'm sure.
Agreed. At least they are working on the issues and admitting to the problems immediately rather than trying to blame it on the players connections like Treyarch did with Black Ops. I will at least wait for that patch, and in the meantime, if I have to look for a couple lobbies to find a good match then it is still worth it to play this addicting, awesome game.

Also, giving the community free DLC because of the issues when they could of still charged for it is an EPIC WIN!!! I have never seen a dev do this. It makes me think they really do care about he community and the longevity of this game, and with DLC coming out a month after release, it has me hoping that this game could be supported with new missions and maps on a frequent basis!

Borlaxx
05-17-2011, 08:37 AM
To the 360 peeps, do you have bad texture loading problems during the cutscenes before the matches? I don't have this problem during the actual games when it is important, but during some of the cut scenes it is really bad. Also, during the cutscene for the resistance what if mission where you destroy the reactor the audio is not synced up with the video.

Another issue I have noticed is that the audio for my health buffs sometimes is really loud and sometimes I don't hear the sound at all. Anyone else have problems with the audio like this?

Retro
05-17-2011, 08:49 AM
To the 360 peeps, do you have bad texture loading problems during the cutscenes before the matches? I don't have this problem during the actual games when it is important, but during some of the cut scenes it is really bad. Also, during the cutscene for the resistance what if mission where you destroy the reactor the audio is not synced up with the video.

Another issue I have noticed is that the audio for my health buffs sometimes is really loud and sometimes I don't hear the sound at all. Anyone else have problems with the audio like this?
I had those problems on day one but not since the first update.

Borlaxx
05-17-2011, 08:52 AM

I had those problems on day one but not since the first update.
Yup, I read the update was suppose to fix these issues, and that the PS3 was suppose to get the same update and I did download some sort of update on day one, but the problems continue. May be a problem with the reading from the disc as I know it takes longer on the PS3 than on the 360, especially if you guys install the game. Hopefully they will issue a patch where we can install the game like the maker of Bayonetta did for the PS3 version which solved all of that games issues.

TrojanTeacher
05-17-2011, 12:37 PM
I haven't had those problems at all. Maybe the fix didn't work so well on the PS3.

Borlaxx
05-17-2011, 12:58 PM
I haven't had those problems at all. Maybe the fix didn't work so well on the PS3.
SHOCKER!!!!!!

:)) / :((

Retro
05-20-2011, 04:45 PM
The title update should be out next week!!

Just wanted to give everyone an update on where we’re currently at with our upcoming game updates for Brink.

Xbox 360

We’ve been hard at work investigating the lag issues some players of the Xbox 360 version of Brink have reported. We’ve now completed modifications to improve network performance and will be rolling these out in a title update for the game.

This update has been submitted to Microsoft, and we expect it to be available next week.

This title update is also going to fix an isolated freezing issue reported by some German players who should no longer experience that problem once the update has been installed.

Details on PC and PS3 after the break…

PC

A game update for the PC version of Brink is in final testing and we’re planning to release it early next week. This update contains a host of fixes and improvements including the following:

We’ve identified the cause of sound dropping out on certain maps when playing networked games for a prolonged amount of time. This will no longer occur.

Graphical performance has been improved, especially when using Ambient Occlusion. We’ve worked closely with both AMD and NVIDIA, and you should see performance and stability improvements in future driver revisions from both parties.

The server browser is tweaked in this update, as well; among other things, a new filter allows you to display only servers with a certain number of players on them, and full servers will no longer be filtered out completely.

There are some smaller fixes for minor issues including your character’s voice occasionally resetting when deleting another character, and a memory leak when alt-tabbing out of the game.

Finally, the dedicated server is set to get an update at the same time as the main game, which will result in improved CPU performance. We’ve protected certain cvars that previously allowed server admins to accidentally break objectives involving NPCs.

The full changelog will be released alongside the update, so keep an eye out for that.

PlayStation 3

With PSN back online, we’re able to resume multiplayer testing on the PlayStation 3. We’re preparing to bring the changes in the upcoming Xbox 360 title update to the PlayStation 3 version of Brink quickly and we expect to have it out next week. Stay tuned!

In the Meantime…

Until these updates roll out, here’s what you can do to improve your multiplayer experience if you encounter problems:

Check your opponent’s network connection / ping:
One player with very low bandwidth connections can have a negative impact on the overall network performance of the game for the team.
You are able to view other player’s connection quality easily by viewing the scoreboard and determining if this is the likely cause of lag.
To view other player’s connection quality, press Start during a match and select the Scoreboard option to display all other players
Other human player bandwidth values are shown on the right hand side of their name as a traffic light value. Anyone that is showing orange or red means they have a bad connection and could potentially be causing the match to become disrupted…
Note: You can also view the opposing team scoreboard since the problem may be with a player on the opposite team. To do this press R1 for PS3 or RB for XBOX 360 while on the scoreboard

Should you see more players showing RED than GREEN on their status, you should exit this game, return to the main menu and join another game on a new connection.
The matchmaking system will place you in a more suitable game
Finally, if you have the German Xbox 360 version of Brink and are experiencing freezing issues, you can use the following workaround until the title update is released:

Turn the Dialogue Volume down completely. You can do this from the main menu or by pressing Start during a match and selecting:
Optionen > Audio > Lautstärke der Dialoge
Move the dialogue volume slider all the way to the left
That’s it for this blog update. More will be coming your way, and in the meantime, we’ll see you online!

Borlaxx
05-20-2011, 05:11 PM
Wow, and the PS3 one is coming soon after even with the PSN being down the first week!

See this Treyarch/KAOS/just about every other developer? :-w

unerds
05-20-2011, 05:18 PM
Wow, and the PS3 one is coming soon after even with the PSN being down the first week!

See this Treyarch/KAOS/just about every other developer? :-w

i'm sure they see it. but they don't care! buying hype and (allegedly) paying off reviewers is a proven strategy and i dont think they'll change that until it stops working!

Toxic Avenger72
05-27-2011, 03:44 PM
Latest update news. (http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/05/27/brink-dlc-details-and-stats-site-update/)

Today we’ve got some exciting news to share about two big Brink updates in the works.

First up, the statistics site will be going live next Tuesday for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 players. PC players can look forward to it going up very soon. This site, located at brinkthegame.com, will be your hub for in-depth stats, including data on matches, players and the overall progress in the weekly Battle for the Ark. Check out the screenshot above for a sneak peek and dig up that VIP code as you’ll need it to register once the stats page is live.

On top of that, the Agents of Change DLC is just on the horizon, slated for release in June. The pack will bring new maps, abilities, character customization options and weapon attachments to Brink, while also raising the level cap to 24. Here’s a full list of the DLC content:

New Maps

Founders’ Tower – The revolution finally reaches the island’s iconic spire and takes the battle for the Ark to dizzying heights.
Labs – Venture into the depths of the Ark’s original research and development laboratories, a submerged high-tech facility so far untouched by the civil war.

New Player Abilities

UAV – This stealthy and lethal device allows Operatives to automatically mark nearby enemies on their radar. For more explosive fun, they can even take direct control of the UAV and detonate it near unsuspecting foes.
Napalm Grenade – Soldiers can use this new grenade to cover an area in a sea of deadly flames.
Pyro Mine – Engineers can plant these mines and leave enemies in the epicenter of a massive napalm explosion.
Field Regen Unit – Medics can deploy these units to increase the health regeneration of any nearby teammates.
Tactical Scanner – This universal ability allows players to reveal the active buffs of their opponents, allowing them to pick off enemies more strategically.

New Weapon Attachments

Bayonets – Gain the edge in melee combat and cause extra damage with these deadly blades.
Weapon Shields – Take cover from enemy fire and prevent headshot bonus damage behind riot-style shields.

New Character Outfits

The Sad Punk – Add a touch of Steampunk to your Resistance character.
The Limey – Bring order to the Ark with this outfit inspired by traditional European police.

In addition to these updates, we’re happy to let you know that the updates we described last week will be available for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 this weekend.

unerds
05-27-2011, 03:51 PM
there is so much awesome in that update... key being the very last bit about the LAG UPDATE GOING LIVE THIS WEEKEND!

Retro
05-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Latest update news. (http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/05/27/brink-dlc-details-and-stats-site-update/)

Today we’ve got some exciting news to share about two big Brink updates in the works.

First up, the statistics site will be going live next Tuesday for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 players. PC players can look forward to it going up very soon. This site, located at brinkthegame.com, will be your hub for in-depth stats, including data on matches, players and the overall progress in the weekly Battle for the Ark. Check out the screenshot above for a sneak peek and dig up that VIP code as you’ll need it to register once the stats page is live.

On top of that, the Agents of Change DLC is just on the horizon, slated for release in June. The pack will bring new maps, abilities, character customization options and weapon attachments to Brink, while also raising the level cap to 24. Here’s a full list of the DLC content:

New Maps

Founders’ Tower – The revolution finally reaches the island’s iconic spire and takes the battle for the Ark to dizzying heights.
Labs – Venture into the depths of the Ark’s original research and development laboratories, a submerged high-tech facility so far untouched by the civil war.

New Player Abilities

UAV – This stealthy and lethal device allows Operatives to automatically mark nearby enemies on their radar. For more explosive fun, they can even take direct control of the UAV and detonate it near unsuspecting foes.
Napalm Grenade – Soldiers can use this new grenade to cover an area in a sea of deadly flames.
Pyro Mine – Engineers can plant these mines and leave enemies in the epicenter of a massive napalm explosion.
Field Regen Unit – Medics can deploy these units to increase the health regeneration of any nearby teammates.
Tactical Scanner – This universal ability allows players to reveal the active buffs of their opponents, allowing them to pick off enemies more strategically.

New Weapon Attachments

Bayonets – Gain the edge in melee combat and cause extra damage with these deadly blades.
Weapon Shields – Take cover from enemy fire and prevent headshot bonus damage behind riot-style shields.

New Character Outfits

The Sad Punk – Add a touch of Steampunk to your Resistance character.
The Limey – Bring order to the Ark with this outfit inspired by traditional European police.

In addition to these updates, we’re happy to let you know that the updates we described last week will be available for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 this weekend.

Giggity!!!

Sadly the Homefront folks will be getting a free xbox live theme and are waiting for the price details of the first DLC pack.
Splash Damage/Bethesda: 1
KAOS/THQ: 0

TrojanTeacher
05-27-2011, 04:21 PM
Hey red dog, they're bringin' in the Limeys!!

Jackie R
05-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Awesome news! Thanks Retro.

Hopefully fixing the lag and providing such a jam packed DLC pack will get more people on board! :-bd

Borlaxx
05-27-2011, 07:57 PM
SWEET!!!!

Red Dog 13
05-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Hey red dog, they're bringin' in the Limeys!!

:)) :)) :)) :-bd

TheFreak75
05-27-2011, 08:21 PM
:devil: :devil: :devil: This is going to be AWESOME!!!!!! Can't wait :devil: :devil: :devil:

Jackie R
05-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Well, downloaded a 40 meg patch tonight and tried to play freeplay mode. There were 5 human players on the other team and 3 on mine (including myself). There was one hiccup when a ton of things were going on at once but otherwise, the gameplay was 100% better. Anyone else notice a difference?

Thumbs up to Splash damage as far as I'm concerned :-bd

Looks like they were serious about fixing the problem.

Red Dog 13
05-29-2011, 05:36 AM
Well, downloaded a 40 meg patch tonight and tried to play freeplay mode. There were 5 human players on the other team and 3 on mine (including myself). There was one hiccup when a ton of things were going on at once but otherwise, the gameplay was 100% better. Anyone else notice a difference?

Thumbs up to Splash damage as far as I'm concerned :-bd

Looks like they were serious about fixing the problem.

Yep I felt it was all generally better, only one or two minor rubber band incidents, when is the other stuff scheduled to land?

Jackie R
05-29-2011, 08:13 AM
Yep I felt it was all generally better, only one or two minor rubber band incidents, when is the other stuff scheduled to land?
Sometime in June but I'm not sure if they nailed down the exact date yet. That being said, it seems to be quite the DLC pack and, because of the online problems, they are giving it away for free. :-bd

Red Dog 13
05-29-2011, 09:44 AM
[quote="Red Dog 13":1kofchch]Yep I felt it was all generally better, only one or two minor rubber band incidents, when is the other stuff scheduled to land?
Sometime in June but I'm not sure if they nailed down the exact date yet. That being said, it seems to be quite the DLC pack and, because of the online problems, they are giving it away for free. :-bd[/quote:1kofchch]

Free DLC! really, well good for them, seems to me they believe in their product and are serious about looking after their customer base :o) thanks for the update!

Red Dog 13
05-31-2011, 08:32 AM
oh dear, bad night on Brink! Unfortunately the lag was so bad the game was unplayable, back to the drawing board!

Borlaxx
05-31-2011, 08:46 AM
Hmm, that sucks Red. This weekend on the PS3 was virtually lag free with many human players in each match :cheers:

Retro
05-31-2011, 09:18 AM
I have had zero lag in Brink since the update. I even played in a few 8 vs. 8 all human games and it was fine.

DayliteMag
05-31-2011, 09:58 AM
I played for a little while yesterday and didn't notice any real lag issues, but it was just me and a bunch of bots. Then Freak joined and we played for a round with no lag. Still just two real humans and the rest bots. I find the bot movements to be a bit "jerky." Anyone else notice that?

Toxic Avenger72
05-31-2011, 10:23 AM
I find the bot movements to be a bit "jerky." Anyone else notice that?

Sometimes. The only time I really notice it is when the action gets really intense. Played for hours over the weekend and was virtually lag free. Starting to play the "versus" mode (8 humans vs 8 humans) and it was fine too.

unerds
05-31-2011, 11:18 AM
http://battle.brinkthegame.com/

as indicated in the previous update, the BRINK stats page is up!
you need the code from your in game multiplayer menu to access your personal stats... (i'm at work so its a no go for me for now)
but it does show the overall RESISTANCE vs. SECURITY win loss ratio to anyone with or without a copy of the game.

Red Dog 13
06-05-2011, 03:39 AM
Thanks to 'Toxic' I think it was who suggested the 'Cache' cleanup, did that yesterday, not sure if it made any difference or not but I did play a couple of games and it was pretty good, virtually no lag or banding, i look forward to the 'DLC' arrival!

TrojanTeacher
06-06-2011, 11:12 AM
My STATS page says I've played for 8 mins. How is that possible? I've been playing on Versus for at least a whole day.

unerds
06-06-2011, 12:11 PM
its got to be freeplay!

campaign mode with versus selected doesn't count apparently.

yeah its a bit odd.

Toxic Avenger72
06-24-2011, 10:42 AM
Update on the DLC. (http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/06/24/update-on-brink-dlc-title-updates-and-new-screenshots/)

We’re back with new details on Brink DLC and the upcoming title updates for the game.

The game’s first DLC, Agents of Change, will be FREE for two weeks on Xbox LIVE, PSN, and Steam! The content is currently in submission at Microsoft and Sony, and we expect it to release in early July. As previously mentioned, the DLC features two all-new environments, five new player abilities, two new outfits, and two new weapon attachments. You can find more details in our previous post, and be sure to check out the screenshots above.

In tandem with the DLC, the teams at Splash Damage and Bethesda have been hard at work on the next major title update for Brink. The update is highlighted by online optimizations, AI enhancements, and weapon balance tweaks based on player feedback. A separate, incremental update is now available on PC, while players of the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 version of Brink can expect the full title update alongside the release of Agents of Change.

On behalf of everyone at Bethesda and Splash Damage, I want to thank all of you for your continued support of Brink. We’ll be sharing more information as soon as possible

Borlaxx
06-24-2011, 10:52 AM
Update on the DLC. (http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/06/24/update-on-brink-dlc-title-updates-and-new-screenshots/)

We’re back with new details on Brink DLC and the upcoming title updates for the game.

The game’s first DLC, Agents of Change, will be FREE for two weeks on Xbox LIVE, PSN, and Steam! The content is currently in submission at Microsoft and Sony, and we expect it to release in early July. As previously mentioned, the DLC features two all-new environments, five new player abilities, two new outfits, and two new weapon attachments. You can find more details in our previous post, and be sure to check out the screenshots above.

In tandem with the DLC, the teams at Splash Damage and Bethesda have been hard at work on the next major title update for Brink. The update is highlighted by online optimizations, AI enhancements, and weapon balance tweaks based on player feedback. A separate, incremental update is now available on PC, while players of the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 version of Brink can expect the full title update alongside the release of Agents of Change.

On behalf of everyone at Bethesda and Splash Damage, I want to thank all of you for your continued support of Brink. We’ll be sharing more information as soon as possible

I wonder what they are doing to the AI? Seems pretty damn good to me. I sometimes have a hard time figuring out which are bots and which are humans.

In terms of the weapon balance tweaks, they need to nerf the range on the SMGs (too good) and give more ammo for every other type of gun (why the hell do I get multiple clips worth of ammo for my SMG but only two clips for my AR when the AR isn't much better even when burst fired?)

Jackie R
06-24-2011, 12:04 PM
I wonder what they are doing to the AI? Seems pretty damn good to me. I sometimes have a hard time figuring out which are bots and which are humans.
I agree with you there buddy. I heard so many complaints about the AI and frankly, I haven't seen it. Skeet, Tracer, and myself had a hell of a time with the objectives. The AI opponents did a great job at holding us off the objectives by focusing their attention on any operative who was hacking or any medic who was reviving. I guess there were just too many hardcore players who failed miserably against the bots and figured the best excuse who be to claim that their AI teammates were useless. ;)

In terms of the weapon balance tweaks, they need to nerf the range on the SMGs (too good) and give more ammo for every other type of gun (why the hell do I get multiple clips worth of ammo for my SMG but only two clips for my AR when the AR isn't much better even when burst fired?)
Agreed. My secondary SMG is my best weapon and it really shouldn't be like that. I understand that the recoil (and thus bullet spray) is minimal but it should definately not have the range it does. As far as the AR goes, it should DEFINITELY be given more ammo. However, I believe that I do connect more when I burst fire. Problem is, since the SMG range is so long and doesn't require you to burst fire, there almost isn't any reason to use the former. Although, I do love the sound of it. :smug: