PDA

View Full Version : Xbox chat

ProfUnderDog
05-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Thanks to Reddawg, I've been playing MW2 the last couple of days. It's a nice change from BC2, BO, and Brink. I have to agree with Red that the maps are better than BO.

The one problem has been we've been trying to party chat, and have been having lots of problems. For those veterans of the game, are there any modes that allow you to use the party chat?

RATA MUERTA
05-23-2011, 07:34 PM
Cool! I have been playing both b ops and mw2, hope to see you playing soon! Mw2 doesn't let you in tdm and most modes with party chat like b ops, although you can use it in ground war. I am not sure of any other modes, there may be more.

DayliteMag
05-24-2011, 07:11 AM
Thanks to Reddawg, I've been playing MW2 the last couple of days. It's a nice change from BC2, BO, and Brink. I have to agree with Red that the maps are better than BO.

The one problem has been we've been trying to party chat, and have been having lots of problems. For those veterans of the game, are there any modes that allow you to use the party chat?

Do you mean you can't use the XBOX Live Party function, the way we do when playing BC2? I thought the XBL Parties were something that was separate from the game itself.

I guess now you will expect me to go out and buy a copy of MW2? Damn you Team MP, damn you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, I'm over it. I'll have my copy by later this afternoon.

LandShark
05-24-2011, 07:17 AM
Thank gawd Ra was quick to explain to myself and Raider how to mute players!

Toxic Avenger72
05-24-2011, 08:20 AM
I guess now you will expect me to go out and buy a copy of MW2? Damn you Team MP, damn you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, I'm over it. I'll have my copy by later this afternoon.

You won't be sorry for the purchase. Of all of the COD campaigns, this is my 2nd most favorite (1st = World at War). Oh damn it, I may have to dust off my copy as well. 8-}

Thank gawd Ra was quick to explain to myself and Raider how to mute players!

Muting foul mouthed 12 year olds FTW!!!!

RATA MUERTA
05-24-2011, 08:21 AM
LOL Daylite, you know you want to!!! Yes the Xbl chat are separate, and in BOps they let you go into almost all modes in party chat, but not in MW2. Mute is an important function in cod games since a lot (not all) of people try to piss others off by never shutting up!!!

DayliteMag
05-24-2011, 08:52 AM
LOL Daylite, you know you want to!!! Yes the Xbl chat are separate, and in BOps they let you go into almost all modes in party chat, but not in MW2. Mute is an important function in cod games since a lot (not all) of people try to piss others off by never shutting up!!!

Hmm, not sure if I really want a game where I can't chat with my MPeeps (pretty much the only thing that made MoH or Homefront worth playing...IMO). I played the crap out of MW2 when it first came out. In fact, it was my first experience with mulit-player, online gaming. I'm pretty sure I sucked at it, but I played it so much that I ended up with a fairly high ranking. I also really liked W@W and MW was probably my favourite SP campaign. Unfortunately, now that I am so hooked on Multi-player, I find myself not all that interested in the SP of any game. I never even finished the SP on MoH, Homefront, BlOps, Crysis2 or Brink. I end up playing an hour or so of the SP and then jumping right into the MP. I really need to work on that, I guess.

And yeah, it didn't take me long to figure out how to mute "all" when playing MW2. If I hadn't found that function I never would have continued with that game and consequently never have found Team MP (cuz I would have stopped playing onling). Soooo, "Mute All"....FTW!!!!

TheFreak75
05-24-2011, 08:58 AM
DAMN!!!!I got rid of my copy of MW2, now I have to go and get another one, don't get me wrong this was one of the first games I got when I bought my 360, so I might get a little nostalgic!!! :((

Raider
05-24-2011, 12:07 PM

I think they tried that tactic on me last night. thank god for mute.

ProfUnderDog
05-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Thanks Ra! Now that I have unlocked all the modes, I see that the ones with * allow party chat and the others do not. As for muting, it is amazing the number of really annoying people out there. Mute is a godsend!

TrojanTeacher
05-25-2011, 11:20 AM
You guys will be missed on BC2! But I, for one, cannot put myself through another round of MW2. :(( Now, if they could only fix Brink...grrrr.

DayliteMag
05-25-2011, 02:04 PM
You guys will be missed on BC2! But I, for one, cannot put myself through another round of MW2. :(( Now, if they could only fix Brink...grrrr.

Firstly, you should join us for some MW2. It's a different experience when you have your MPeeps to chat with. Secondly, and to quote the once great Governator/Sperminator, "We'll be back!" I still think BC2 is the superior game, but we've played it soooo much that it's nice to have a break. I for one will definitely return to BC2 (prolly sooner rather than later) if for no other reason than to prepare for BF3.

TrojanTeacher
05-25-2011, 03:23 PM
No worries, for the last couple of night, runner and I have been mowing down the competition with our two man crew. We titled it, "The Mega Powers". You know, Hulk Hogan and Macho Man type of thing. ;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/37/TheMegaPowers.jpg

roadrnr
05-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Oooooooooooh YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH