PDA

View Full Version : Sony Pictures Entertainment Hacked

Wildbill
06-03-2011, 10:07 AM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/hackers-attack ... 52481.html (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/hackers-attack-another-sony-network-post-data-000452481.html)

Holy cow I'm glad I bailed on the psn . X(

dinsdale1978
06-03-2011, 10:13 AM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/hackers-attack-another-sony-network-post-data-000452481.html

Not really the PSN though. Yes they are going to be a target for some time. I just changed all my data and took off my card.

Borlaxx
06-03-2011, 10:22 AM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/hackers-attack-another-sony-network-post-data-000452481.html

Not really the PSN though. Yes they are going to be a target for some time. I just changed all my data and took off my card.
Yup, not the PSN and doesn't affect me at all, but still lame and still a Sony site. There may be some info coming to light that shows this Sony site had horrible security, but apparently the PSN is more secure than ever before, and like Dinsdale I too removed my credit card infos and will not use one on the store ever again, so if they get hacked again I am not worried about it.

Regardless, since the PSN was hacked, Google has been hacked, Lockhead Martin has been hacked, etc. Those companies, especially Lockhead, have good security and still got hacked. I know the 360 players like to think that Live will never be hacked, but if hackers can hack these systems, they can hack Live too if they want. Basically, it doesn't matter where your info is. If a group of well organized hackers want to hack a site, they will do so. Just hopefully those sites encrypt all info, not just credit card info.

CB-40
06-03-2011, 10:26 AM
From the fuckers, I mean hackers LulzSec "From a single injection, we accessed EVERYTHING," the hacking group said in a statement. "Why do you put such faith in a company that allows itself to become open to these simple attacks?"

Why do you have to be such douchebags and hack it in the first place? What purpose are really serving putting people's information out for public consumption? I'm far more pissed off at dumb asses like these than I am at Sony.

Borlaxx
06-03-2011, 10:37 AM
From the fuckers, I mean hackers LulzSec "From a single injection, we accessed EVERYTHING," the hacking group said in a statement. "Why do you put such faith in a company that allows itself to become open to these simple attacks?"

Why do you have to be such douchebags and hack it in the first place? What purpose are really serving putting people's information out for public consumption? I'm far more pissed off at dumb asses like these than I am at Sony.
WORD!

Could Sony have had better security measures in place for the PSN before it was hacked? Probably, although no concrete evidence has come out so far that their security was not adequate -- only hearsay with no evidence to back it up yet.

Should Sony have had all user info encrypted, not just credit card info? Yes. However, I have seen no indication that they were negligent in their policies, because to be negligent you have to act outside the accepted industry norm, and with the exception of a Microsoft rep telling Retro they do encrypt everything (and if they didn't before, I am sure they do now), I haven't seen any evidence that Sony's policies were outside of that norm. However, they better be encrypting everything now.

Is Sony to blame for the hacking? No. The hackers are the ones responsible. If you leave your car unlocked with the keys in the ignition and someone stills it they are still guilty of a crime, although your insurance company would surely have questions for you about your role, like Sony's customers have questions about their security practices. However, in this case the analogy is more like you locked up your car and someone still stole it, but perhaps the added theft alarm system you didn't spend the money on could have prevented the theft.

If the PSN gets hacked again and again and again or Sony is shown to be grossly negligent will I stick with my PS3 and no jump ship to the 360? No. I am a Sony fanboy for sure, but I am not going to stick with an incompetent company, especially if I can't even play online due to frequent down times.

Retro
06-03-2011, 10:45 AM
I know the 360 players like to think that Live will never be hacked, but if hackers can hack these systems, they can hack Live too if they want.
I don't think anyone has said XBL is hacker proof and can never be hacked. What has been said is that MS had actual security measures in place that make it very difficult to hack while Sony had next to nothing and at the same time bragged about how secure they were and threw a big F.U. up at any hacker.

Any network can be hacked, some are just better protected than others. And some people have pointed out that government sites have been hack and used that as a way of saying "well what chance did Sony have when even the government can be hacked". Here's the thing, all governements work the same, no matter what it's for they always go with the lowest bidder and not the best quality and that goes for their network security as well.

The hackers are assholes but I still blame Sony for A. not having the proper security in place and B. going out of their way to publicly brag about their console and network as being un-hackable. Knowing these punks were out their and what they are like and knowing full well their security was crap they still painted a huge target on themselves and in the process their customers too.

Fuck the hackers for being the little annoying punks they are and fuck Sony for being the erogant ass-hats they are.

Rant done.

Now I need to get my LA Noire DLC before PSN craps out again.

RC-1136
06-03-2011, 10:47 AM

Well said, CB! :applause: I'm actually stopping by Gamestop today to get some PSN points to buy some BF DLC. No way am I going to use my CC on there.

Jackie R
06-03-2011, 10:54 AM
There may be some info coming to light that shows this Sony site had horrible security, but apparently the PSN is more secure than ever before, and like Dinsdale I too removed my credit card infos and will not use one on the store ever again, so if they get hacked again I am not worried about it.
Sorry to break it to you Nate, but it looks like they got into your stuff. Look...there are pictures of you all over the net:
http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/22/2220/5MUAD00Z/posters/donald-duck.jpg
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40250000/jpg/_40250409_donald2.jpg
http://www.disneycollectiblesgroup.net/wp-content/uploads/12_6_orig.jpg

Watch your back bro! =))

Seriously though, my CC expired last month and Sony will not be getting my new one. There are plenty of places to get the network cards around here so I'm going to go that route.

TrojanTeacher
06-03-2011, 11:17 AM
//enter XBOX fanboy//

XBL will never be h4xor3d!! It's too 1337, not like Lockheed Martin!!!

//fanboy gets shot by Borlax//

I still am very surprised that they haven't hit the 360 yet. I would figure it would be the easiest one to attack since it is MS who makes it.

Jackie R
06-03-2011, 12:16 PM
//enter XBOX fanboy//

XBL will never be h4xor3d!! It's too 1337, not like Lockheed Martin!!!

//fanboy gets shot by Borlax//
:))

unerds
06-03-2011, 12:26 PM
yeah, i dont get why MS hasn't been receiving the same attention as Sony...
i guess its possible that they've been trying to get at MS but have been unsuccessful (i doubt we'd be informed of hack attempts)
also, MS has been doing the whole networking thing MUCH longer than sony, maybe this is a contributing factor.

still, these hackers need to get jobs or girlfriends or a dog or something to occupy their time. this would be preferable from my perspective.

DamianThorn
06-03-2011, 01:56 PM
I really wish this kind of stuff was checked first before claiming it was "psn"....which reading the article was clearly NOT. This has nothing to do with PSN.

servers that run Sony Pictures Entertainment websites.

Borlaxx
06-03-2011, 02:05 PM
I really wish this kind of stuff was checked first before claiming it was "psn"....which reading the article was clearly NOT. This has nothing to do with PSN.

I am going to change the title of the thread as it is misleading.

DamianThorn
06-03-2011, 02:08 PM

Thanks Borlax :cheers:

ustolemygmrtag
06-03-2011, 03:08 PM
This time they hit the Sony Website. Here is a full article.
Sony Hacked Again (http://boingboing.net/2011/06/02/sony-hacked-again-1m.html)

Borlaxx
06-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Already have a topic for this. It was the Sony movie website and only for people who entered contests. Has nothing to do with the PSN other than it is a Sony site like hacking the Microsoft website wouldn't be the same as hacking LIVE.

Merging thread.

ustolemygmrtag
06-03-2011, 03:50 PM
oops, I should know better. *slaps wrist.

Trez
06-03-2011, 03:57 PM
They probably haven't hit Live because their almost certainly MS loyalists. How would they exercise their hands if their own network was down? Have a hacker circle jerk? Just sayin'. :D

Wildbill
06-03-2011, 05:50 PM

Sorry I mislead you. :(

I'll double check things first from now on.

First mp I've met with an attitude :(

I'll mind my own business sorry

Wildbill
06-03-2011, 05:54 PM
I really wish this kind of stuff was checked first before claiming it was "psn"....which reading the article was clearly NOT. This has noth

Thanks Borlax :cheers:
Thanks Borlax :cheers: lol

DamianThorn
06-03-2011, 06:08 PM

Sorry I mislead you. :(

I'll double check things first from now on.

First mp I've met with an attitude :(

I'll mind my own business sorry

An attitude?? are you serious? =))
I don't think what I said constitutes an "attitude",all I was saying is if the article was clearly read,it would have been easy to spot what it's contents were.

I apologize if you think I have an "attitude"...actually far from it :cheers:

Wildbill
06-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Sorry man I should of put more thought into the title of the thread.
I found something that was news to me and in my desire to be more active and helpful on the site I didn't realize my title was misleading.

I have alot of PS3 buddies and thought it was good to know info.

There's no additude man. You just called out my stupidy.

Borlax thanks for fixing it and looking out. :) dinsdale whatches out for me too.:)

DamianThorn
06-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Sorry man I should if put more thought into the title if the thread.
I found something that was news to me and in my desire to be more active and helpful on the site I didn't realize my title was misleading.

I have alot of PS3 buddies and thought it was good to know info.

There's no additude man. You just called out my stupidy.

Borlax thanks for fixing it and looking out. :) dinsdale what's out for me too.:)

Aww...don't be so hard on yourself...it's all good.
I guess it helps that we're of the "older" folks,had this been another site,there would have been a huge deal made out of nothing =))

Borlaxx
06-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Now you two kiss and make up before I have to show you an attitude :spank:

LOL! It's not a problem willie, easy mistake. And damian, I know you have an attitude because I am pretty sure you were saying "in your face bitch" whenever you would knife me in Homefront =))

Wildbill
06-03-2011, 07:00 PM

LOL! It's not a problem willie, easy mistake. And damian, I know you have an attitude because I am pretty sure you were saying "in your face bitch" whenever you would knife me in Homefront =))
I wish we had a "like" button.:)

I hit it on this post rotflmao

Who you calling old Damian ? Lol you have 360 right? Ummm Damian tags .

DamianThorn
06-03-2011, 08:34 PM
And damian, I know you have an attitude because I am pretty sure you were saying "in your face bitch" whenever you would knife me in Homefront =))

=)) ...damn,you figured me out :applause: ... =))

DamianThorn
06-03-2011, 08:36 PM

I wish we had a "like" button.:)

I hit it on this post rotflmao

Who you calling old Damian ? Lol you have 360 right? Ummm Damian tags .

yep,I've got a 360. As far as tags go? NEVER I say =))

Wildbill
06-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Hey I was hunting *cough* looking for You last night on the battlefield???

Come join us for some SDM tonight. :D

Add me BTW Wildbill123456 :cheers:

DamianThorn
06-04-2011, 12:22 PM

=)) ...thanks for the invite,I'll be sure and add you tonight.
I was mainly playing my PS3 last night,but I'll add you sometime tonight...thanks again for the invite :cheers:

Oh yea....this IS for the 360 right? as I don't have Battlefield for the PS3. :D

Jackie R
06-04-2011, 01:11 PM

Borlax + attitude =

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgjx9HD9aT7kbvG3gKMxCSoM3_PZWWI sLCX7OxVQlhHF-u2x5wMA&t=1

DamianThorn
06-04-2011, 01:45 PM

Borlax + attitude =

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgjx9HD9aT7kbvG3gKMxCSoM3_PZWWI sLCX7OxVQlhHF-u2x5wMA&t=1

=)) =))

Wildbill
06-04-2011, 03:04 PM

=)) ...thanks for the invite,I'll be sure and add you tonight.
I was mainly playing my PS3 last night,but I'll add you sometime tonight...thanks again for the invite :cheers:

Oh yea....this IS for the 360 right? as I don't have Battlefield for the PS3. :D
BFBC2 bad company2? Do you have it for360?

DamianThorn
06-04-2011, 03:16 PM
BFBC2 bad company2? Do you have it for360?

yea,I got it.

Wildbill
06-04-2011, 04:43 PM
See ya later. Have you played with these crazy 360 clan guys and gal?

If not sharpen your knife. :)

TrojanTeacher
06-06-2011, 10:58 AM
We're not crazy, just misunderstood.