PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider

Retro
06-03-2011, 11:01 AM
Damn this looks really good. Complete reboot of the franchise.

[yt:9csmfw18]nFBrgeSjj-0&feature=feedu[/yt:9csmfw18]

ustolemygmrtag
06-05-2011, 05:59 PM
I really love the new look. Also Meg cannot wait either. She loves the Franchise.

Retro
05-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Pushed back to 2013! Damn it, I've been looking forward to this. :cuss:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/14/tomb-raider-reboot-pushed-to-2013

HardlyCapable13
05-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Ugh, that makes two of my 2012 most wanted games delayed til next year (the other being Bioshock Infinite). Hopefully it's for the better!

HardlyCapable13
06-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Looks like March 5 will be the date...

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6379769/tomb-raider-due-march-5-2013

Retro
06-01-2012, 02:54 PM
[yt:9qnl82od]7CUdILk0Vhk&feature=g-user-u[/yt:9qnl82od]

HardlyCapable13
06-01-2012, 02:58 PM
[yt:3upkykpj]7CUdILk0Vhk&feature=g-user-u[/yt:3upkykpj]

Are we the only ones that sit at work all day looking up video game news? :cheers:

Retro
06-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Are we the only ones that sit at work all day looking up video game news? :cheers:

Well I'm now a retired stay at home dad with too much time on his hands. B-) You should get your butt back to work!!

HardlyCapable13
06-01-2012, 03:06 PM

Well I'm now a retired stay at home dad with too much time on his hands. B-) You should get your butt back to work!!

Ha! Nice, and congratulations!
Luckily I work for myself, so I only answer to me! :D

HardlyCapable13
01-14-2013, 01:17 AM
Looking forward to this one. I was unaware until today there would be multiplayer. From OXM:

We got our first taste of multiplayer with a match-type that should be familiar to anyone who’s ever taken a console online: Team Deathmatch. At its core, the concept is the same — a team of Lara’s surviving allies is pitted against a group of hostile natives cutely referred to as “scavengers.” The group who hits a predetermined kill-count first (or has the higher amount after a set time-period) wins.

That may sound generic, but during our best-of-three match (alternating between sides), plenty of Tomb Raider–specific flourishes emerged, and quickly. While a similar game’s multiplayer would have you fall to your death, an immediate wrong turn out of our cavernous base at the beginning of our first round had us sliding down a rocky water tunnel like the kids from The Goonies; fortunately, the maps aren’t too wide open, and we were able to reconvene with our squad. After our detour, more proactive island elements came to light, such as lever-based traps that shot spikes out of walls, climbable surfaces, destroyable environmental elements (like bridges), and weaponry like Lara’s now-trademark bow and arrow.

The second match-type we played fell more in-line with Tomb Raider’s single-player story. In “Rescue,” the survivors have to collect a certain amount of med packs and deliver them to rotating destinations on the map while the scavengers must amass a certain kill count (in our matches it was five med packs and 15 kills, respectively). The result of this asynchronous take on Capture The Flag is a tense game of risk-versus-reward. On the survivor side, we wavered between sticking with teammates (providing backup for the lesser-armed med-pack–holder), and splitting up in order to avoid being easy marks. As scavengers, we were torn between amassing takedowns from afar and entering the heart of the conflict, as Rescue gives survivors “bleed-out” time that you can cut short with a brutal melee finisher.

All of the battles we engaged in took place on “Wind Chasm,” a map that manages to mix the mystical, mythical, and tropical parts of Tomb Raider’s island setting to great effect. With caverns hiding traps; bunches of high vantage points provided by buttes; climbable cliffs; and a giant makeshift base, there was plenty of variety in the scenery, and none of the elements felt out of place. Even after six lengthy multiplayer matches in Wind Chasm, we still felt there was more to explore.

Beyond the two combat-heavy multiplayer modes we tried, we were told there would be more adventure-based match types. Tomb Raider global brand director Karl Stewart dropped hints about a mode called “Cry for Help,” which apparently will place a strong emphasis on discovery and collection. It’s unclear if more modes exist beyond that, but much like the stages we traversed, the opportunity to excavate Tomb Raider’s core for even more creative multiplayer activities is wide open.

FURTHER DISCOVERIES

Par for the industry course, there’ll be a fair amount of customization within Tomb Raider’s multiplayer. You’ll be able to select from a deep rosters of characters before starting a match — survivors and scavengers are plucked straight from the single-player campaign, and each person comes equipped with differing stats and loadouts (which consist of a primary firearm or bow and arrow; a sidearm pistol; a grenade-style projectile; and a climbing axe that also serves as a melee weapon). In addition, XP earned in multiplayer can be used to alter stats and purchase more advanced characters, which will help offset drastic differences in abilities like the bulky Jonah being slower than the more-lightly-armed Sam.

xMisFitToyx
01-14-2013, 09:42 AM
I have been watching this one.

I will get it (Just not day 1)

Retro
02-25-2013, 06:53 PM
The Verdict

Tomb Raider is well-written, sympathetic, exciting, beautiful and just incredibly well-made. The single-player rarely makes a mis-step, and though Lara's quick transformation into a hardened killer seems at odds with the narrative at first, the game quickly moves past it. It is a superb action game that brings a new emotional dimension to one of gaming's most enduring icons, and repositions her alongside Nathan Drake at the top of gaming's action-hero heirarchy.

Score = 9.1/10 (Seriously, WTF is with the .1???)

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/25/tomb-raider-review-2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91g_a9JjQYg (http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/25/tomb-raider-review-2)

TheFreak75
02-25-2013, 08:05 PM
I plan on getting this one, I think I will hold off on Crysis 3 and wait for this one. Looks like the 360 version of uncharted!!!!!

HardlyCapable13
02-25-2013, 09:38 PM
Had this preordered for awhile now. Glad to hear it will be worth it, unlike my wasted money on Omertà.

HardlyCapable13
03-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Suprised I haven't seen more discussion on this game. I've seen a number of MPeeps on the 360 side playing.

I've never been a Tomb Raider fan. I played the fist quite a bit, as it was new and the puzzles were fun. After that, the series was boring to me. So I was pretty excited when I saw this new gritty style game.

To start off, the graphics, music/sound, and voice acting are great.

I'm not quite half way through, but am having a good time. I love seeking out the challenges in each area and searching for artifacts. The optional tombs are a blast too. The one thing that suprised me is how "on rails" it seems. It keeps pushing you in the direction of the storyline, making the game seem to go by quicker. I finally realized I need to slow down and hunt relics/tombs. Also, what's with all the quick time events? Sometimes it just seems like your playing a movie.
I do like the leveling up system, picking perks and upgrading you weapons. Nice touch.

I haven't tried multiplayer yet.

All that said, it is an enjoyable experience (remember, I've only played for a handful of hours). I would probably wait for a price drop, or pick it up on eBay. It is a great reboot of a mediocore franchise, and I'm sure the next in the series will be amazing.
Did I mention I hate quick time events?

theczech99
03-08-2013, 10:08 AM
I'll pick this up once I see price drop on it somewhere. I'll get if for which ever console has the cheapest price.

SouthtownSlayer
03-10-2013, 05:21 PM
I rented it and must say I definitely would've paid the money for this game! I was never really a Tomb Raider fan boy so I can't really compare it to previous story lines so I guess all I can really go off is this one so for what it's worth it has definitely kept me interested.

HardlyCapable13
03-10-2013, 05:41 PM
I rented it and must say I definitely would've paid the money for this game! I was never really a Tomb Raider fan boy so I can't really compare it to previous story lines so I guess all I can really go off is this one so for what it's worth it has definitely kept me interested.

Just completed the game. It is a great game. My gripe is I was expecting more openness like in AC3.
Great reboot of the series. Love how its dark and edgy. Looking forward to the next title.

TheFreak75
03-10-2013, 06:38 PM
I have to say the game is great but the multiplayer sucks!! Laggy as he'll and has nothing that will make you want to play it, no lasting experience here. Word of advice avoid the MP at all costs:mad:

HardlyCapable13
03-10-2013, 06:53 PM
I have to say the game is great but the multiplayer sucks!! Laggy as he'll and has nothing that will make you want to play it, no lasting experience here. Word of advice avoid the MP at all costs:mad:

Yeah, played a couple matches today. I, like most people, could care less about multiplayer in this one. Reminded me a lot of Max Payne 3 MP (except that ran smoother).

SouthtownSlayer
03-13-2013, 05:31 PM

I'm looking forward to the next adventure Lara Croft goes on! Really enjoyed this game and can agree with you on the MP but unfortunately I really want to get the Platinum trophy for this game and sadly it requires playing the crappy MP. :angry:

theczech99
03-24-2013, 07:42 PM
My wife told me I could pick this up today while we were shopping at Target for some Easter items for our girls. A little over a month ago my wife opened a target account to buy a futon for our daughter that was on clearance for $99. It was only online and the shipping was going to be $65. I saw the ad saying free shipping when you use your card, so she opened an account. So with the 5% off card members get and another coupon code the futon was $98. The bill comes in and my wife sends in the check for the $98 but when it's withdrawn from our account it turned into $198. There's no history of this check anywhere so we don't know if my wife messed up or Target when processing the payment. So since we had a $100 prepaid she told me to get it but I couldn't do it. I felt bad because I bought 6 games last week and if she knew that she wouldn't have made the offer. I may end up just renting it form redbox like I did with Crysis 3.

theczech99
03-26-2013, 07:05 AM
Amazon Deal of the Day is Tomb Raider for $41.99.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=pe_36900_28790870_pe_gb_email_explore

xMisFitToyx
03-26-2013, 08:34 AM
My wife told me I could pick this up today while we were shopping at Target for some Easter items for our girls. A little over a month ago my wife opened a target account to buy a futon for our daughter that was on clearance for $99. It was only online and the shipping was going to be $65. I saw the ad saying free shipping when you use your card, so she opened an account. So with the 5% off card members get and another coupon code the futon was $98. The bill comes in and my wife sends in the check for the $98 but when it's withdrawn from our account it turned into $198. There's no history of this check anywhere so we don't know if my wife messed up or Target when processing the payment. So since we had a $100 prepaid she told me to get it but I couldn't do it. I felt bad because I bought 6 games last week and if she knew that she wouldn't have made the offer. I may end up just renting it form redbox like I did with Crysis 3.

I'll pick this up in a month or so. I am playing through UC1 Crushing right now. I am also playing through MOH:Warfighter SP, since I haven't played it yet.
My wife called me the other day from Target. She was picking up TWD:Survival Instinct (XBOX) for my oldest daughter (B-Day Present) ... Asked if I wanted a copy for the PS3. I told her no (whats wrong with me) ... I would wait for the price to drop (so I'm cheap) :tongue:

theczech99
03-26-2013, 08:43 AM
Since my wife had to attend a board meeting last night that she knew would run late because the board room was booked until 12 AM I decided to rent Tomb Raider last night. My wife is not much of a night owl so I knew with the extra game time last night and she’ll be ready for bed early tonight I picked it up from redbox.

I must say this is a really good game so far. I have to keep telling myself this is not an Ubisoft game because something about it reminds me a lot of Far Cry 3. To me Tomb Raider is a cross between Far Cry 3 and an Uncharted game, both are very good games. I’d love to pick it up from Amazon today but I’ll probably just finish my rental then pick it up a few months later when there is a bigger price reduction.

For those that have played I’m in the area where I’ve just broken free from two dudes on a bridge, grabbed my bow and jumped into a pool of blood and body parts. I then moved on to an area where there are some caged crazy people and I’m blowing up gas leaks to work my way through the level. Any idea of how much farther I have to go to finish the game. It says I’m around 40% complete but the percentage usually calculates game and treasures for 100%.

theczech99
03-30-2013, 12:19 PM
I set a price alert the other day on glyde.com for $25 on Tomb Raider. While out and about today the alert went off! Tomb Raider Used for 360 $25. I played it the first time on PS3 so it will give me a chance to fully replay the game again.

Anyone looking for good prices on game I recommend checking out glyde.com.

ROW
03-31-2013, 02:03 PM
Tomb Raider' .. MADNESS' .. have to prestege multi 3 times' .. did it once and already had enough! ...

theczech99
04-19-2013, 10:44 AM
I finished my play through on the 360 last night. Since I had a better understanding of how to level up my skills and weapons I was fully maxed out when I reached “the point of no return.” I would suggest to anyone planning on playing Tomb Raider that you work on the survival skills first. The survival skills will give you bonus salvage when looting crates and dead bodies which will aid you in leveling up your weapons.

xMisFitToyx
04-19-2013, 10:51 AM
I finished my play through on the 360 last night. Since I had a better understanding of how to level up my skills and weapons I was fully maxed out when I reached “the point of no return.” I would suggest to anyone planning on playing Tomb Raider that you work on the survival skills first. The survival skills will give you bonus salvage when looting crates and dead bodies which will aid you in leveling up your weapons.

I exchanged my copy. I don't want to play it until I'm ready. I'm trying to get my PSNProfile percentage above 40% and keep it there. Every time I install a new game, it drops. So it may be a week or two before I'm ready to play it.

I know that sounds stupid ... but, I am wanting to clean up a lot of my games/trophies.

theczech99
04-19-2013, 10:56 AM
I exchanged my copy. I don't want to play it until I'm ready. I'm trying to get my PSNProfile percentage above 40% and keep it there. Every time I install a new game, it drops. So it may be a week or two before I'm ready to play it.

I know that sounds stupid ... but, I am wanting to clean up a lot of my games/trophies.

I got mine above 40% then started 3 new games. I got Guacamelee above 40% but the other two games I haven't played in a week. This whole week I've been hitting playing Tomb Raider on the 360. I'll continue on with Borderlands 2 tonight.

You're going to love Tomb Raider when you finally get around to playing it.

xMisFitToyx
04-19-2013, 11:09 AM
I got mine above 40% then started 3 new games.

My ultimate goal ... by the end of this year is 75% + :biggrin:

xMisFitToyx
04-23-2013, 12:08 PM
You're going to love Tomb Raider when you finally get around to playing it.

Did you get the little book with your copy of Tomb Raider?

theczech99
04-23-2013, 12:23 PM
Did you get the little book with your copy of Tomb Raider?

No, the game I played on my PS3 I rented from Redbox and the one I bought from glyde.com was a used game and was disk only. I did 100% completion on the 360 version but not on the PS3.

xMisFitToyx
04-23-2013, 12:33 PM
No, the game I played on my PS3 I rented from Redbox and the one I bought from glyde.com was a used game and was disk only. I did 100% completion on the 360 version but not on the PS3.

I think I will do this one next. I was going to do my Crushing playthrough for Uncharted: Drakes Fortune ... But, I think I will do this one first and get back to a little BF3 and BFBC2 MP shoot em up.

SouthtownSlayer
04-23-2013, 12:57 PM
This game was awesome! Looking at trying to collect some more trophies on it tonight! The MP trophies are probably the only shitty part of this game!

xMisFitToyx
04-23-2013, 01:02 PM
This game was awesome! Looking at trying to collect some more trophies on it tonight! The MP trophies are probably the only shitty part of this game!

I haven't even looked at the trophy list. I have heard that you have to prestige to level 3 to get a trophy. WOW!!!

SouthtownSlayer
04-23-2013, 01:12 PM
I haven't even looked at the trophy list. I have heard that you have to prestige to level 3 to get a trophy. WOW!!!

Yeah, that one is freaking ridiculous but there is a way of doing it without having to actually play in a ranked match! Takes quite awhile but is do able if you have the time to burn. Don't think they really did much thinking when they made the trophies for this game!

xMisFitToyx
04-24-2013, 08:06 AM

I broke down and popped the game in last night. I only played a couple rounds of MP TDM, and man is it crappy graphics and controls.
I'm sure I will go for the plat on this one too.

So you will not have the PS3 version again?

Because I had to return my original disk and get another ... I have a second code for the Shanty Town MP map and Aviatrix Skin DLC. Maybe I'll just post it on Playfire.

If anyone here needs this code, let me know.

theczech99
04-24-2013, 08:11 AM

I only have a 360 copy, the PS3 game I played was a rental.

SouthtownSlayer
04-24-2013, 09:03 AM
I broke down and popped the game in last night. I only played a couple rounds of MP TDM, and man is it crappy graphics and controls.
I'm sure I will go for the plat on this one too.

Because I had to return my original disk and get another ... I have a second code for the Shanty Town MP map and Aviatrix Skin DLC. Maybe I'll just post it on Playfire.

If anyone here needs this code, let me know.

I could use that code if you still have it available, please!

xMisFitToyx
04-24-2013, 09:06 AM
I could use that code if you still have it available, please!

I sent it to you in a PM

xMisFitToyx
04-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Tomb Raider Bundle Sale $29.99 (PS3)
This Weekend ONLY!!
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/store/api/chihiro/00_09_000/container/US/en/19/UP0082-NPUB31211_00-TRDIGITALEDITION/image?_version=00_09_000&platform=chihiro&w=225&h=225&bg_color=000000&opacity=100 (https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/cid=UP0082-NPUB31211_00-TRDIGITALEDITION?CMP=US_PS3_TombRaider_20130426_74 91274)
The Tomb Raider Digital Edition bundle includes: -

- The full Tomb Raider game.
- 3-pack bundle of the weapons Agent 47 uses in Hitman: Absolution™.
- Shanty Town multiplayer map, which is a ramshackle area that features steep climbs, multiple ziplines for quick escapes, and deadly traps to set for your enemies.
- Tomb Raider Outfit Pack (A 3-pack bundle of outfits for Lara — the Hunter, Aviatrix and Guerilla outfits.)
- Quantum Conundrum Full Game

TAKE ME TO THE STORE (https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/cid=UP0082-NPUB31211_00-TRDIGITALEDITION?CMP=US_PS3_TombRaider_20130426_74 91274)

xMisFitToyx
04-29-2013, 08:37 AM

If you are interested in getting some of the MP trophies without the agony of having to play public matches ... let me know. I don't think I can handle playing much more of the MP of this game in public matches.

theczech99
04-29-2013, 09:00 AM
If you are interested in getting some of the MP trophies without the agony of having to play public matches ... let me know. I don't think I can handle playing much more of the MP of this game in public matches.

I'll take you up on this offer but I need to finish Riptide first. You get a trophy if you finish every main story mission with a friend. I'm very near to the end of the game. I can always go back and play the side missions alone.

xMisFitToyx
04-29-2013, 09:04 AM
I'll take you up on this offer but I need to finish Riptide first. You get a trophy if you finish every main story mission with a friend. I'm very near to the end of the game. I can always go back and play the side missions alone.

I thought you no longer had the PS3 version. Anyway, Let me know when. Most any night is good with me.

If Southtown is up for it, it will be easier with 3.

I evidently missed a conversation, so I am going to have to replay the game to get that trophy. :frusty:

theczech99
04-29-2013, 09:12 AM
I thought you no longer had the PS3 version. Anyway, Let me know when. Most any night is good with me.

If Southtown is up for it, it will be easier with 3.

I evidently missed a conversation, so I am going to have to replay the game to get that trophy. :frusty:

I sold my 360 version to a friend for $25 and bought the PS3 digital copy from the sale.

xMisFitToyx
04-29-2013, 09:24 AM
I sold my 360 version to a friend for $25 and bought the PS3 digital copy from the sale.

Cool.

I came up short on salvage (I need about 500 more), to complete all my weapon upgrades. At this point of the game (after completion), I'm not finding much. I am having to find enemies and wildlife for salvage.

xMisFitToyx
04-30-2013, 09:53 AM
Cool.

I came up short on salvage (I need about 500 more), to complete all my weapon upgrades. At this point of the game (after completion), I'm not finding much. I am having to find enemies and wildlife for salvage.

I started a new game last night to have the conversations with ALL of the Endurance crew. If you skip the cut scenes, the game actually progresses fairly quick. I also found a spot where pigs and chickens keep spawning, so I was able to quickly get enough salvage to buy the rest of my weapon upgrades. I was able to complete all but 3 of the challenges without resorting to Youtube. I couldn't find the last mushroom, I couldn't figure out what I needed to shoot/burn/collect in the Bunker and the Research Facility, But I used Youtube and completed them all.

xMisFitToyx
05-03-2013, 08:10 AM
I have all of the SP trophies. Now I need to get together with you guys so we can work on the MP trophies.

BTW ... You CAN NOT farm kills for the various trophies (like: zip line kills, head shots, unaware enemies, Incapacitate). You can restart check points. But, the ones for that particular checkpoint will not add to your total if you restart the checkpoint. On my first play through, I tried to farm zip line kills. I had to have killed about 30 zip liners before I gave up trying. On my second play through, I made sure I just didn't miss any enemies on zip lines or the incapacitate ones as well.

theczech99
05-03-2013, 08:20 AM
I should be able to play some TR MP this weekend. I jumped back on last night and grabbed a few SP trophies.

xMisFitToyx
05-03-2013, 08:27 AM
I should be able to play some TR MP this weekend. I jumped back on last night and grabbed a few SP trophies.

I'll be available tomorrow night ... I will be moving my daughter out of her campus apartment during the day tomorrow. I think I might need to buy a new headset. Seems like no one has been able to hear me lately (and yes, I have checked to make sure it is not on mute).

xMisFitToyx
05-03-2013, 08:46 AM
Also, for the Former Adventurer trophy. I was only able to get it on my second play through. You can only do this on enemies that are physically attacking you with a machete, sword or spear. Wait until they are about to strike you ... press (AND HOLD) the O button and wait for the triangle to appear.

xMisFitToyx
05-06-2013, 08:36 AM
I thought the "I'm all that!" trophy was going to be a little difficult. I already had a TDM and Rescue win. I was expecting the Free for All win to be a little more difficult, but I got into a lobby full of noobs and got it on my first try. The Cry for help win took about 3 attempts. Now all I have left is to revive a teammate (near impossible .. I haven't found anyone in a man down state), double kill with explosives and grind out about 18 more hours of (solo) MP for the PLAT. I'm going to spread the grind out over the next couple of weeks.

theczech99
05-06-2013, 09:17 AM
I thought the "I'm all that!" trophy was going to be a little difficult. I already had a TDM and Rescue win. I was expecting the Free for All win to be a little more difficult, but I got into a lobby full of noobs and got it on my first try. The Cry for help win took about 3 attempts. Now all I have left is to revive a teammate (near impossible .. I haven't found anyone in a man down state), double kill with explosives and grind out about 18 more hours of (solo) MP for the PLAT. I'm going to spread the grind out over the next couple of weeks.

We need SouthTown to join us for the double kill and revive trophies. Can you add more med packs to deliver in the mode we were playing the other night? If so this would be a great way of reaching level 60. I'll be on more this week than I was over the weekend.

xMisFitToyx
05-06-2013, 09:28 AM
We need SouthTown to join us for the double kill and revive trophies. Can you add more med packs to deliver in the mode we were playing the other night? If so this would be a great way of reaching level 60. I'll be on more this week than I was over the weekend.

You can do 20 Med Kits. I am able to get between 27000 to 28000 XP and around 5000 salvage per game. I just calculated that I need about 53 more games for max XP. It takes 14 minutes per game (play time and a few minutes in between. I figure 3 games per hour ... It will take me about 18 more hours. :tongue:

There is another way (with 3 people) ... Supposedly you gain even more XP. I haven't really looked into how to do it yet ... But, I would be interested.

I am currently @ level 33. I mostly played online MP yesterday ... then switched over to MW3 to get a few trophies with my daughters help. :biggrin:

BTW. Could you hear me? I had my headset on.

theczech99
05-06-2013, 09:32 AM
BTW. Could you hear me? I had my headset on.

No, even in the menus it didn't show you had on a mic.

xMisFitToyx
05-06-2013, 09:44 AM
We need SouthTown to join us for the double kill and revive trophies.

Any time. Just let me know.

SouthtownSlayer
05-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Any time. Just let me know.

I'll be on tonight (2000 EST) if you guys want to do it then.

xMisFitToyx
05-07-2013, 12:06 AM
I'll be on tonight (2000 EST) if you guys want to do it then.

:crazy:

xMisFitToyx
05-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Thanks Czech for the help with the MP trophies ... You Da Man!!

I am getting around 27K XP and 5000 salvage in a 10 minute game.

I am using Monestary map. If the first med kit is in the monestary run forward and jump off the ledge to the left. Shoot the blocked doorway open (on the right) grab med kit/go upstairs (1st flight). Open the door @ the front center of the monestary. Now you have a straight shot in and out. There is only 1 spawn point for the med kit off the right ledge (from your starting point). Only open salvage crate if you will pass it (do not go out of your way). I am using the perks for running faster/longer and more salvage from crates.

I just calculated ... I need approx 39 more games for my plat. That is only 6 1/2 more hours of grinding. :tongue:

SouthtownSlayer
05-07-2013, 05:07 AM
Sorry for not joining last night, I was logged into Dead Island working some trophies and ended up on the couch passed out cold!

xMisFitToyx
05-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Sorry for not joining last night, I was logged into Dead Island working some trophies and ended up on the couch passed out cold!

If you still want the trophies ... I'm happy to help.

Czech used his second PS3 for the third person.

I think we were at our wits end, trying to get the revive for the trophy. Every time we were shot ... we died. We were not going into man down state. I finally had an epiphany and realized that the Solarii kills/deaths don't count in rescue. So I thought, what would be the purpose in reviving them. In Rescue game play, only the survivors can revive each other. :doh:

theczech99
05-07-2013, 09:18 AM
If SouthTown ever joins us in Tomb Raider MP I’m going to kick his Laura Croft in the vagina!

Since I bought the digital copy I can get my daughter to play some MP with me to help reach level 60 and the other MP trophies I still need. Digital is the way to go when the price is competitive with hard copies.

xMisFitToyx
05-07-2013, 09:35 AM
If SouthTown ever joins us in Tomb Raider MP I’m going to kick his Laura Croft in the vagina!

Since I bought the digital copy I can get my daughter to play some MP with me to help reach level 60 and the other MP trophies I still need. Digital is the way to go when the price is competitive with hard copies.

Adventurer ... You can do solo. I'm all That ... you are going to have to play online ranked games (not that difficult to win)

I'm still happy to help with them ... We can team up on some ranked games if you want.

xMisFitToyx
05-08-2013, 08:06 AM
I think I have gone too far to reverse my decision to grind out XP for the Plat for this game. I have around half of the XP I need for the plat and I am at level 45 of 60. The grind is mind numbingly painful. I keep dozing off while doing it. I think I will do a few rounds per night while playing some other games.

theczech99
05-08-2013, 08:37 AM
I think I will do a few rounds per night while playing some other games.
Start on Sleeping Dogs, it's probably the best free game that I've received since being a plus member. If you plan on getting the plat for SD you'll be playing it for the next couple of weeks.

xMisFitToyx
05-08-2013, 08:43 AM
Start on Sleeping Dogs, it's probably the best free game that I've received since being a plus member. If you plan on getting the plat for SD you'll be playing it for the next couple of weeks.

From the reviews I have read and the videos I have seen for Sleeping Dogs, it looks like a good plat trophy. I'll save judgement for my gameplay. Maybe I'll get my son to grind a little Tomb Raider XP for me (NOT). :tongue:

The only other game that had a serious grind like this, was Borderlands Moxxi's Underdome DLC. Although, with Moxxi's, you were at least having combat.

xMisFitToyx
05-10-2013, 07:29 AM
I finally reached level 50. I'm playing this for about 30 to 45 minutes a night, then playing regular games. I should be finished by mid next week.

xMisFitToyx
05-11-2013, 11:04 PM
I finally reached level 50. I'm playing this for about 30 to 45 minutes a night, then playing regular games. I should be finished by mid next week.

Rain washed out my afternoon yardwork ....

Hmmmm. What can I do? Maybe Get a Platinum Trophy http://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/games/e74fa4/trophies/1S171484.png ... WOOT!!!

I will not grind XP on a game again ... Too Freaking Boring :frusty:

SouthtownSlayer
05-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Rain washed out my afternoon yardwork ....

Hmmmm. What can I do? Maybe Get a Platinum Trophy http://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/games/e74fa4/trophies/1S171484.png ... WOOT!!!

I will not grind XP on a game again ... Too Freaking Boring :frusty:

AWESOME!!! Congrats man!!!! I fell asleep for a good 15 mins one night with the controller in my hands while trying to grind out some xp!

xMisFitToyx
05-13-2013, 12:17 PM
AWESOME!!! Congrats man!!!! I fell asleep for a good 15 mins one night with the controller in my hands while trying to grind out some xp!

I was doing that every time I started the grind. I had my daughter Courtney come up and watch/converse with me the other night. It was the only way I could grind out the XP without falling asleep.

Borlaxx
04-07-2014, 11:23 AM
I know this game is old, but got to play it for free via PS+ and I really, really enjoyed it! I never got into the other TR games as the controls to me where horrible and frustrating, but this game was so much better. Awesome gameplay, story, characters, and graphics. I can see why some people described it as "Uncharted with a female" because they do share similar cinematic production values. With that said, I enjoyed this game more than Uncharted 3, and I am eagerly looking forward to a sequel.

TonkaToys
04-08-2014, 05:43 PM
I'm planning to start this soon-ish. I've quite enjoyed Tomb Raider games in the past.

Gink
04-08-2014, 05:57 PM
I know this game is old, but got to play it for free via PS+ and I really, really enjoyed it! I never got into the other TR games as the controls to me where horrible and frustrating, but this game was so much better. Awesome gameplay, story, characters, and graphics. I can see why some people described it as "Uncharted with a female" because they do share similar cinematic production values. With that said, I enjoyed this game more than Uncharted 3, and I am eagerly looking forward to a sequel.

To me it felt like Uncharted 3 + Far Cry 3, only more fun than either of them! I hadn't played a TR game since the early games, and was never much of a fan. This one was fantastic though. I was really impressed with the smoothness of the controls, and fel like the platforming/climbing was just "sticky" enough to not be ridiculously frustrating, but not so easy as take the adventure out of it. I even enjoyed hunting for collectibles, which is usually a chore at best. Of course gaining XP for picking them up made it more worthwhile than a lot of game collectibles.

I'm planning to start this soon-ish. I've quite enjoyed Tomb Raider games in the past.

Enjoy!

Retro
04-15-2015, 01:57 PM
Finally have gotten around to dedicating some time for this game. Best game in the series hands down and honestly, if it is to be compared to Uncharted (people say it's Uncharted with a female lead, I say Uncharted is Tomb Raider with a male lead), I'll take this over UC any day and I love UC.

HardlyCapable13
04-16-2015, 12:22 AM
Finally have gotten around to dedicating some time for this game. Best game in the series hands down and honestly, if it is to be compared to Uncharted (people say it's Uncharted with a female lead, I say Uncharted is Tomb Raider with a male lead), I'll take this over UC any day and I love UC.

Glad you're FINALLY getting around to this game. It's a gem. Can't wait for the sequel, I'm just hoping there is a little less on-rails feel to it.

TonkaToys
04-16-2015, 05:50 PM
Just finished this and really thought it was good.