PDA

View Full Version : Rage

dinsdale1978
06-03-2011, 08:53 PM
[yt:1n8ctv69]181pVNe27Dk[/yt:1n8ctv69]

This plus co-op would be quite fun I think. Reminds me of a mixture of Doom, Borderlands, Bulletstorm, and a little Fallout.

Borlaxx
06-04-2011, 11:30 AM
That does look pretty fun! I will have to put this on my radar.

Jackie R
07-14-2011, 11:33 AM
RAGE - Behind the Scenes: The Arsenal

[yt:1huwq7d9]ciHnx5Bm1-g[/yt:1huwq7d9]

I was only giving this game a passing thought but it looks more and more intriguing every time I see it. :-?

Jackie R
08-04-2011, 11:24 AM
[yt:29ffymrz]yyzPAI_jfsk&feature=feedu[/yt:29ffymrz]

I really like the way this game is shaping up. ;)

Borlaxx
08-04-2011, 11:45 AM
[yt:1zflyyl3]94&t=2934[/yt:1zflyyl3]

I really like the way this game is shaping up. ;)
Broken link alert? Nothing is showing up.

Jackie R
08-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Broken link alert? Nothing is showing up.
Yeah...sorry.

I'll fix it when I get home. Unfortunately, I can't edit my posts at work (can only use quick reply) and I didn't want to spam another post.

johnboy
08-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Even on my mobile which is all I use at the moment (laptop is still bust) I was getting Spammer with adverts for this game. It does look quite cool imo.

Jackie R
08-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Fixed it.

Would love to play to co-op with another MP. :D

Borlaxx
08-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Rage to limit single player content for used games: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3183 (http://teammp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3183)

BULLSHIT!

Jackie R
08-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Rage to limit single player content for used games: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3183 (http://teammp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3183)

BULLSHIT!
I saw the subject post on this but couldn't reply since there was no 'quick reply' option.

Personally, as long as playing a used copy is still a worthwhile experience, I don't see a problem with it. I mean, it's no worse than other games which give free access to certain parts of the game but require anyone with a used copy to dish out some cash for it (that's probably what will end up happening here). I look at it as a developer who is giving a bonus to people who buy a new copy which seems more and more common now.

Borlaxx
08-12-2011, 01:24 PM

BULLSHIT!
I saw the subject post on this but couldn't reply since there was no 'quick reply' option.

Personally, as long as playing a used copy is still a worthwhile experience, I don't see a problem with it. I mean, it's no worse than other games which give free access to certain parts of the game but require anyone with a used copy to dish out some cash for it (that's probably what will end up happening here). I look at it as a developer who is giving a bonus to people who buy a new copy which seems more and more common now.
I agree to a point, but the justification for charging people who get a used copy for online play before has been that they have to maintain and upgrade servers for those used copy players who they didn't get anything from for a used game. Here, they are intentionally leaving single player content off the disc which I am pretty sure could be included so they force people to either buy new or pay an additional fee if they want to experience the full SP game when there is no associated server cost except the one they are creating by forcing people to download the content rather than put in on disc in the first place.

theczech99
08-12-2011, 01:36 PM

BULLSHIT!

La Noire was the same way. I rented La Noire and was unable to play all the cases but still enjoyed the parts I could play. It sounds like they are just blocking some side missions that will not affect the main story of the game. So instead of getting 100% completion you can only get 95%. Not very many people get 100% completion in the games they play anyway. One of the rarest trophies I have is from getting 100% completion in a game. Only around 5% of the people that have played it have done the same. I recently finished Just Cause 2 and I only have 27% completion of the game. If they were to remove some of the many fraction missions I can do I would never know.

Iím fine with them removing some of the BS as long as the leave the main story intact. That will just help me finish the game a little faster. :party:

Jackie R
08-19-2011, 07:38 AM
Rage: PS3 Version Uses 'Every Core', No 'Nasty Texture Pop-Up':

PS3 texture (http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1022158/rage_ps3_version_uses_every_core_no_nasty_texture_ popup.html)

Borlaxx
08-19-2011, 09:12 AM
Rage: PS3 Version Uses 'Every Core', No 'Nasty Texture Pop-Up':

PS3 texture (http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1022158/rage_ps3_version_uses_every_core_no_nasty_texture_ popup.html)
Awesome! I still don't know if I want to support a game that limits the single player game, but if it lives up to expectations, I may have to swallow my pride rather than deny myself what could be the best FPS to come along in a long time.

Jackie R
08-19-2011, 11:11 AM
Awesome! I still don't know if I want to support a game that limits the single player game, but if it lives up to expectations, I may have to swallow my pride rather than deny myself what could be the best FPS to come along in a long time.
In terms of SP FPS games, it certainly looks like this game is going to set the bar. :cheers:

Jackie R
09-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Co-op trailer

[yt:phq294t5]l8ve2uUvFfs[/yt:phq294t5]

Looks like you can play online and splitscreen. Pretty cool! B-)

xMisFitToyx
09-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Every time I see a new game for the PS3, I am absolutely blown away with the depth and quality of the graphics and gameplay .....this looks awesome.

I am sure @ some point I will invest in all of these games .... when they go on sale for $10.00 to $15.00 ;)

theczech99
10-10-2011, 07:37 AM
Something about this game gives me a headache every time I play it. The graphics are awesome but the game is extremely linear and that is what makes my head hurt when playing. Everywhere you go there is crap piled up all around you so you must stay on the tiny path you are walking on. Even when driving in the parts that should be open the game is very confined. The road rage (tries to be like twisted metal) MP is extremely lame and only allows 4 players at one time. The other MP mode is only good for one play through because itís a two player co-op that minato and I completed this weekend. It was a lot of fun but thatís not enough to make a person buy this game.

I will continue to play the SP to see if it gets any better but I doubt thatís going to happen. If you are/were really interested in getting Rage I suggest you save your money and rent or buy once the price comes way down.

johnboy
10-10-2011, 08:28 AM
I've been watching NGT play this and despite the limitations on where you can go, I think it looks awesome, I'm very into the sp aspect again now instead of mp. I think I shall see if I can pick this up at some point as I very much doubt that my local rental shop will have it, they haven't had anything else I've wanted. If I pick this up I'll probably have to put bf3 on the back burner for a while, the wife said she doesn't mind me buying games as long as she can go out and buy herself something too. She also said the more I spend on games, the more she gets to spend!

xMisFitToyx
10-10-2011, 08:33 AM
I've been watching NGT play this and despite the limitations on where you can go, I think it looks awesome, I'm very into the sp aspect again now instead of mp. I think I shall see if I can pick this up at some point as I very much doubt that my local rental shop will have it, they haven't had anything else I've wanted. If I pick this up I'll probably have to put bf3 on the back burner for a while, the wife said she doesn't mind me buying games as long as she can go out and buy herself something too. She also said the more I spend on games, the more she gets to spend!

JB, If you want a really fantastic SP game ... Go get or rent Uncharted 2. It is a great SP game and will give you many hours of enjoyment. Also, I am picking up the Red Dead Redemption GOTY edition coming out tomorrow and from what I've heard and seen it is fantastic as well. :cheers:

theczech99
10-10-2011, 09:57 AM
JB although the SP looks good the story itself is just ok and kind of lame. Please donít waste your money on this unless you can get it for dirt cheap. :pray: There are a lot of games out for the PS3 that look good and have a great story.

Dead Space 2, Uncharted series and Resistance 3 are some of my favorite games Iíve played. They look great and have good stories too.

SmokeyCheese1
12-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Just got me some Rage............seems like I might have played this before. However, I still Post Apocolyptic games.

xMisFitToyx
07-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Fixed it.

Would love to play to co-op with another MP. :D

Hey Jackie ... I did pick this up (New Anarchy Edition ... dirt cheap).

I probably won't even try it for another week or so .... But, if you still have it, I'll play some co-op with you.

Jackie R
07-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Hey Jackie ... I did pick this up (New Anarchy Edition ... dirt cheap).

I probably won't even try it for another week or so .... But, if you still have it, I'll play some co-op with you.
Sorry bro. I don't have it any more.
https://www.ptsdforum.org/c/data/attachments/11/11965-7862019519e064eb599a03ea21be2778.jpg
I hope you enjoy it though.

xMisFitToyx
07-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Sorry bro. I don't have it any more.
https://www.ptsdforum.org/c/data/attachments/11/11965-7862019519e064eb599a03ea21be2778.jpg
I hope you enjoy it though.

Perfectly fine ... I'll play the SP and some of the MP and co-op. But, I wll come back to BF3, BC2, KZ3 and the COD's

xMisFitToyx
07-23-2012, 08:23 AM
I started playing this a little yesterday. (took a break from BF3). This is an awesome game. It's a really good FPS with a good bit of vehicle racing, vehicle warfare and scavenging/collecting items for use in the beautifully done, post apocalyptic world. There are also tons of various mini games and challenges to do.

When this game first came out ... it was on my radar as a must have. Now that I have it, I'm very pleased with it.

If anyone has this on the PS3, I would be happy to do a little co-op with you.

johnnyh1976
07-23-2012, 08:45 AM
Great game. Which reminds me I still have to finish the single player. I've only tinkered with the online.

xMisFitToyx
07-24-2012, 07:30 AM
I am playing on "Normal", and so far the game had been pretty easy. I actually did an objective last night that turned out to be somewhat challenging. I had to destroy the "RC Car Bomb" factory.

johnnyh1976
07-24-2012, 09:56 AM
I am playing on "Normal", and so far the game had been pretty easy. I actually did an objective last night that turned out to be somewhat challenging. I had to destroy the "RC Car Bomb" factory.

I enjoyed that mission. Not going to spoil anything for you, but there were a lot of great moments in the game. I've also been laying off of the online FPS lately....playing Skyrim, Mass Effect 3 and any other single player games that I've not finished or am playing through again. Going to make a second run through the Bioshock games.

xMisFitToyx
07-25-2012, 09:16 AM
I enjoyed that mission. Not going to spoil anything for you, but there were a lot of great moments in the game. I've also been laying off of the online FPS lately....playing Skyrim, Mass Effect 3 and any other single player games that I've not finished or am playing through again. Going to make a second run through the Bioshock games.

The Bioshocks and the Mass Effects are on my radar as games to play in the future.