PDA

View Full Version : Remec's Home town...Epic Meal Time!

sam007
06-22-2011, 01:21 AM
[yt:5mlxm7c7]3kOHWOisDfw[/yt:5mlxm7c7]

Psalm
06-22-2011, 08:05 AM
"next time we eat the future"....love these guys

I guess a poutine is a pizza?

sam007
06-22-2011, 09:04 AM

You're joking right? :|

Raider
06-22-2011, 09:14 AM
This one's perfect for our group, especially the Call of Duty lovers..

[yt:1pkf4keo]eIzzx2OolfI&feature=fvst[/yt:1pkf4keo]

Psalm
06-22-2011, 10:37 AM

never mind...I wiki'ed it. Looks disgusting...what the hell are cheese curds?

johnboy
06-22-2011, 10:55 AM

never mind...I wiki'ed it. Looks disgusting...what the hell are cheese curds?

Curds are normally what is left after the process of cheese making has started. You drain off the whey after the milk has been curdled. Cheese is then made from the Curd. I'm guessing that is what cheese Curds are exactly that but before they have been pressed together to form cheese.

sam007
06-22-2011, 10:55 AM
@ Ed, dude, don't knock it until you try it! My first introduction to poutine was when I was at camp when I was a Sea Cadet. The gravy and cheese, melted onto fries, I started to drool but had no idea what it was at the time, I just knew it would taste good. =p~ =p~ =p~

If you're concerned about fat and calories, forget it, your arteries will clog right away after a good size serving. =))

Best thing to describe cheese curds are little odd round shaped pieces of cheese which has the same colour as mozzarella.

Poutine is a Quebec dish if my knowledge of poutine is correct but it found its way out of that province and spread to parts of Canada.

Edit: What John said in a more technical explanation. I just know it tastes awesome. Costco here in Toronto/GTA sells poutine at the food bar, not sure if all Costco would have the same menu.

Psalm
06-22-2011, 11:41 AM
I can tell you Costco here in Kansas City does not sell Poutine. :D I am not sure where you would get fresh cheese curds around here anyway?

Psalm
06-22-2011, 11:46 AM
I just found that they have a good Canadian restaurant here in Kansas city called Fran's who serves Poutine
http://www.fransrestaurant.com/location/Kansas.php
Guess, I'll have to try it.

sam007
06-22-2011, 11:56 AM
That's the spirit!

The other thing Montreal is famous for is their smoked meat. If you're ever there, you gotta go try it.

http://www.schwartzsdeli.com/index_eng.html

Just talking about it is making me hungry! =p~

That name looked familiar and I realized I've eaten there a couple times with my wife when we were downtown. Pretty cool how there are 5 in total in 1 in your neck of the woods. The one in Barrie is 1 hour north of Toronto, the other 3 are downtown.