PDA

View Full Version : Possible New Addition to the Family...

SimonSez
07-05-2011, 10:59 AM
A friend of my wifes runs a pet rescue in TN and has an American Bull Dog (Hammer) who was in a home and got attacked by pit bulls and hurt his leg pretty bad and the family refused to take him to the vet, they contacted our friend and stated they could not keep him. So if his tempermant report with other dogs and cats comes back positive, we will probably pick him up next week...Let the vet bills begin...here is his pet finder page...http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/20096534 He is so cute! If you are thinking of a new pet, think rescue...we have had 2 rescues--SimonSez (our late dobe) and our current cutie - Clementine. They have been the sweetest dogs we have ever had...all they want is someone to keep them safe and love.

johnboy
07-05-2011, 11:04 AM
I'm so glad you picked Simonsez as your forum name and not clementine. I can't see clementine as that good a shot on cod!

SimonSez
07-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Clementine would be a camper, she is so lazy, went for a walk yesterday and after 5 mins she was done...no run and gun for her.

SimonSez
07-12-2011, 08:41 AM
We are picking up Hammer this weekend in Murfreesboro, TN...Can't wait to get him, though not looking forward to the 8 hour car ride (one way)...the more we have learned about him, the more we think he just may be the best dog in the world (next to clementine)...Dogs are such amazing animals...after being abused, neglected, attacked by pitbulls, and an all around crappy life, he is a happy, affectionate, gentle brute and has nothing but love for man and beast alike.

SimonSez
08-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Thought I would share some pics of the new addition...he has adjusted well and took to everyone in the family, mom, dogs and cats (though our male cat takes it upon himself to show him who is the top dog in the house at random times, Hammer just takes it and looks at him like "What the hell!!!")

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65898014@N05/

These are pics of Hammer in his new home...he is everything you could want in a dog, sweet, loving, listens pretty good, doesn't get into mischief, just a perfect fit for our little home. However, when we took him to the vet, he has intestinal and heart worms, he is missing his 2 top canines, will need to have one of his lower canines removed, was very under weight, leg that was injured is stiff and he walks sideways when it is bothering him, has tumors/cysts on his stomach, and a few other things but he is getting better and everyone at the vet LOVED him.

(hopefully you can access the photos..I am a noob when it comes to photos, facebook, etc...showing my age i guess.)

Jackie R
08-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Good looking pup you got there Simon.

What's the prognosis for the heart worms? That's pretty serious.

SimonSez
08-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Good looking pup you got there Simon.

What's the prognosis for the heart worms? That's pretty serious.

Thank you,

I am picking him up from the vet in about 30 mins, he just got done with his first (and hopefully only) round of heartworm shots. Doc said he thought he had a pretty bad case, Ham will be on anti-biotics for another month along with asprin (i guess the shots causes stiffness), have to keep him relatively calm (pretty easy since he is laid back) and another test in 4 months to see if they are gone, if not, rewind and repeat...I forgot the heartworm treatment was expensive...$400.00 for 2 shots :(( :((

Lumchan
08-02-2011, 05:08 PM
He's adorable!

Jackie R
08-02-2011, 08:58 PM
I forgot the heartworm treatment was expensive...$400.00 for 2 shots :(( :((
Dude...it's totally worth it. Those bastards are nasty if not treated.

The best part is, he's going to be OK. :cheers:

johnboy
08-03-2011, 05:46 AM
I forgot the heartworm treatment was expensive...$400.00 for 2 shots :(( :((

This is the reason we don't have and will not be getting any pets, and people think kids are expensive!

SimonSez
08-03-2011, 09:59 AM
The treatment kicked Hammers butt. He is sore at the injection site, moving really slow, and breathing hard...all normal according to the vet...just breaks my heart seeing him feeling crappy, I am used to his happy energetic ways.