PDA

View Full Version : "Light of Doom" All Grown Up, Kind Of

Borlaxx
07-26-2011, 02:03 PM
I am sure I am probably the only one who remembers the single season of "The Next Great American Band." It was a battle of the bands type contest show by the creators of American Idol. My wife and I watched it religiously. My fav band on the show was "Light of Doom" which was a metal band of nothing but kids, with the youngest, the drummer, being only 12 at the time. For some reason, I thought about them today and looked them up. Apparetly they have changed their name to "City Delivered," got a new vocalist (he was not very good even for a kid), and have dramatically changed their sound into metalcore.

Like I said, I am probably the only one who ever knew about these kids, but just in case I am not (or in case anyone wants to hear a bunch of kids carry on the metal) here is a vid of their early audition from TNGAB and then their new stuff:

[yt:i2trcnuc]QTtCs_qn66s[/yt:i2trcnuc]

[yt:i2trcnuc]lTps6pPPeqI[/yt:i2trcnuc]

Raider
07-26-2011, 03:43 PM
lol, I didn't watch the show too much, but I remember seeing those kids and thinking, they are pretty good rockers. lol

black powder
08-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Just saw this while browsing killing time...I do remember that show as I watched it and do remember that band and they killed it. I'm still stuck on late 80 and early 90's metal and thats about all I play on my guitar other than classic hendrix, zep, cream, and on and on.....the last few years I've been listening to alot of NILE, they're pretty heavy, other than that it's early sepultura, slayer, megadeth, antrhax with the occasional metallica and later releases of said groups. Can't forget deicide, obitiuary, and classic VENOM. I'm gonna have to search and see what those kids are up to lately, very curious now after a refresher vid. Off to mow the lawn since the 13 year old isn't gonna do it =))