PDA

View Full Version : Borderlands 2

Pages : [1] 2

RATA MUERTA
08-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Thank you Facebook! Just saw this announced this morning. I am very excited for more Borderlands!

http://www.borderlands2.com/

Also September's Game Informer will be dedicated to B2
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/08/03/september-cover-revealed_3a00_-borderlands-2-75830-3458572.aspx

Borlaxx
08-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Awesome news! I loved the first one, but it did have a couple things I hope they improve in the second game:

- more variety of types of enemies
- better menus that make it easier to compare loot
- a better story (the story in the first game sucked)
- weapon attachments so you can customize your own stuff
- A FUCKING FAST TRAVEL OPTION OTHER THAN HAVING TO FIND A DAMN POST!!!!!!!!! (the main reason I stopped playing is because it got way too tedious to run for multiple minutes at a time from objective to objective).

RATA MUERTA
08-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Check out the second link, seems like they are doing better enemies and story line at least. I tell you what, I want to see some fucking trees, just not bleak desert colors! They say new diverse areas so I hope that is what they mean.

Psalm
08-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Awesome news! I loved the first one, but it did have a couple things I hope they improve in the second game:

- A FUCKING FAST TRAVEL OPTION OTHER THAN HAVING TO FIND A DAMN POST!!!!!!!!! (the main reason I stopped playing is because it got way too tedious to run for multiple minutes at a time from objective to objective).
I agree...I bought this on OnLive and it was the part that bugged me the most. Use something like Fallout. Doesn't RDR have a fast travel option as well?

Borlaxx
08-03-2011, 11:47 AM

I agree...I bought this on OnLive and it was the part that bugged me the most. Use something like Fallout. Doesn't RDR have a fast travel option as well?
Yes, it does. All open world games like this should have an easy to access fast travel option to get to locations you have already been to.

Borlaxx
08-18-2011, 10:38 AM
http://gamescom.gamespot.com/story/6329 ... ot;thumb;2 (http://gamescom.gamespot.com/story/6329613/gamescom-2011-borderlands-2-first-look-preview?tag=topslot;thumb;2)

RATA MUERTA
08-18-2011, 12:09 PM
Just finished reading the GI article in the new issue and I am stoked!!!!! Sounds like they are putting lots of thought into 2!

CELockwood
08-20-2011, 10:53 AM
Just saw this myself. I didn't play the first one, but this looks good. Any kind of vague release date, yet?

RATA MUERTA
08-21-2011, 08:17 AM
Just saw this myself. I didn't play the first one, but this looks good. Any kind of vague release date, yet?
Only the vaguest release date ever...anywhere from spring 2012 to 2013, nice huh? Pick up the first one for cheap and check it out. I have had a blast in solo, and playing online can be even more fun!

donhardeone
03-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Figured it was a good time to revive this thread since there has been a lot of new information on it over the last few weeks.

By now, most of you have likely seen the More WubWub Trailer, which showed the Sept 18th release date and a lot of other awesomeness:
[yt:2sz0r8x3]MCWJUSulnro[/yt:2sz0r8x3]

Also found this new article last night that has me REALLY looking forward to September now:
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/borderlands_2/b/xbox360/archive/2012/03/08/gearbox-talks-borderlands-2-39-s-new-characters-multiplayer-tweaks-and-dubstep.aspx

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Pretty sure that my wife is already dreading the last half of September.

Borlaxx
03-09-2012, 03:21 PM
This game pretty much fell off my radar. I need to watch that video when I get home. Like I said before, my main problem was how tedious it could be to travel from objective to objective, so as long as they fix that this game will likely be a must buy for me.

Gink
03-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Damn, for some reason I've had it in my head this was coming out in June! I picked up the first one for the wife's bday last June and we played splitscreen multiple nights a week for months on end. So far we've played the main game and most of the DLC through 2 playthroughs. Guess I'll have to come up with something else for her birthday this year. Hopefully this is worth the wait, the first one was definitely one of the best co-op games I've ever played, and I never even got around to the 4 player online co-op, sure it'll be a blast to play with MPs.

Psalm
03-27-2012, 01:35 PM
Had a $20 PSN card from my birthday burning a hole in my pocket and I bought Borderlands for $19 in preparation for this. I played the Borderlands 60 minute demo when they gave everyone the free Playstation plus and I really enjoyed it.. thought the full game has to be worth $20.

Borlaxx
03-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Had a $20 PSN card from my birthday burning a hole in my pocket and I bought Borderlands for $19 in preparation for this. I played the Borderlands 60 minute demo when they gave everyone the free Playstation plus and I really enjoyed it.. thought the full game has to be worth $20.
It is really fun, but the lack of a fast travel option from place to place that you have already been to killed it for me. Hopefully they have that option in part 2.

PS: seeing Ra's name on this thread, and not seeing her around here and hearing that she deleted her FB profile makes me sad :(

donhardeone
05-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Gearbox announced two special editions for Borderlands 2 this week:

http://www.gearboxity.com/content/view/875/33/

I almost never order a special edition of a game as I could care less about replica statues and crap like that...but a replica loot chest that is big enough to hold a friggin dachshund may be the ticket. No clue why I am so child-like when it comes to this game, but I'm ready to pitch a terrible-twos-style tantrum waiting for September.

Gink
06-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Just watched a few clips from G4s E3 coverage on the game, gameplay looks as great as the first. Cool guns and all. What stood out to me most was that they confirmed in 2 they'll have the ability to combine 2 player splitscreen with 4 player online, which is an exciting feature.

Borlaxx
06-11-2012, 09:49 AM
The only thing that still has me on the fence about this game is if they will introduce a better quick travel feature, or make it where you don't have to travel for minutes at a time through areas you have already cleared of enemies. If they fix that part of the first game, I will be sold.

Gink
06-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Yeah. I can understand that. I rarely found myself too bothered by it, but we recently did another playthrough with different characters and I found myself thinking ahead about where each quest was picked up, located and turned in and planning ahead to do as much as possible in a location at once and minimize travel and backtracking.

DLC is where it's really bad though since there's only 1 fast travel in each dlc, and every session when you start you are back at that point and have to walk/drive a ways before doing anything.

I've heard the issue from enough people that hopefully its something they took into account this time around.

Borlaxx
06-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Yup, my bother and I were really into the game, and then we did the zombie DLC and got so frustrated with all the backtracking. We finished that DLC, but got so burned out by the traveling through barren landscape with nothing to do that we stopped playing.

Gink
06-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Yeah, I get annoyed with Armory of General Knoxx and having to drive forever to get to missions, but the zombie one doesn't even have cars. We started zombies again last night and I kept feeling like "shouldn't the zombies have respawned here already?"

We still love the game enough that we'll preorder 2, we are always looking for new local co-op games to play and so far Borderlands has definitely been our favorite. I think we're going to download the DLC for Dungeon Siege III and that'll get us by for a bit, but certainly not last til September, so I'll probably find myself wandering the wastes of Jacob's Cove again before long.

Borlaxx
06-12-2012, 09:08 AM
I think we're going to download the DLC for Dungeon Siege III
Is that game any good? I love dungeon crawlers (played the hell out of the Balders Gate and Champions of Norrath games on PS2), and was really amped for this game, but the reviews were pretty bad.

Gink
06-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Well for an under $20 co-op game it is worthwhile. I found myself talking smack to the game and npc's a lot, not caring one bit about the story and appeals for help and taking the "shut up and let me go kill things" attitude, and having a good amount of fun.

The scale and quality doesn't really compare to Baldur's or any classic dungeon crawler, but there are some fun skills to unlock and wreak havoc with, and plenty of loot. I'd only recommend it as a cheap, casual co-op amusement. I'm sure anyone who had expectations for the game were disappointed.

SouthtownSlayer
07-12-2012, 01:21 PM
A look at some of the baddies you'll face in the very much anticipated game!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/07/12/borderlands-2-wimoweh-creature-trailer (http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/07/12/borderlands-2-wimoweh-creature-trailer)

Gink
07-15-2012, 02:53 PM
A look at some of the baddies you'll face in the very much anticipated game!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/07/12/borderlands-2-wimoweh-creature-trailer (http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/07/12/borderlands-2-wimoweh-creature-trailer)

Haha Awesome! Can't wait for all the new skills, baddies, and loot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gink
09-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Only 8 more days til release!

I couldn't find a thread for #2, so figured I'd create one here. If one already exists, delete or move as needed!

I'm even more excited about this game now that it's so close to release and my pre-order is in than I even expected to be. Borderlands was a great game that I got into a little late, never really played SP or online MP, but in just over a year have done 3 full playthroughs of the game and all DLC in splitscreen with the wife. Definitely our favorite "couch co-op" game, and really an amazing blend of FPS with RPG elements and great style, humor, action, and tons of fun geeky pop culture referencing. But #2 looks even better!

The full skill trees for the characters are now up on the gearbox website and these characters are going to be badasses! Good thing since what I've seen of the baddies they look more intelligent, tougher, with more movements, dodges, attacks, etc than before.

One of the coolest additions this time around in my opinion is the splitscreen + LAN ability, something I'd like to see in more games, though it could inspire some weird freaky thing like "couples gaming" where one couple at home on their couch join up online to game with another couple at home on their own couch for some group gaming ewwwwwww.

Anyway, I know at least a couple MPs are surely excited about this game. What are your thoughts? What changes are you hoping for, what class are you most looking forward to playing?

I can't play this for another 8 days, so might as well kill the time talking about it!

johnnyh1976
09-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Only 8 more days til release!

I couldn't find a thread for #2, so figured I'd create one here. If one already exists, delete or move as needed!

I'm even more excited about this game now that it's so close to release and my pre-order is in than I even expected to be. Borderlands was a great game that I got into a little late, never really played SP or online MP, but in just over a year have done 3 full playthroughs of the game and all DLC in splitscreen with the wife. Definitely our favorite "couch co-op" game, and really an amazing blend of FPS with RPG elements and great style, humor, action, and tons of fun geeky pop culture referencing. But #2 looks even better!

The full skill trees for the characters are now up on the gearbox website and these characters are going to be badasses! Good thing since what I've seen of the baddies they look more intelligent, tougher, with more movements, dodges, attacks, etc than before.

One of the coolest additions this time around in my opinion is the splitscreen + LAN ability, something I'd like to see in more games, though it could inspire some weird freaky thing like "couples gaming" where one couple at home on their couch join up online to game with another couple at home on their own couch for some group gaming ewwwwwww.

Anyway, I know at least a couple MPs are surely excited about this game. What are your thoughts? What changes are you hoping for, what class are you most looking forward to playing?

I can't play this for another 8 days, so might as well kill the time talking about it!

My wife said she would try the game with me via split screen. I never finished the first and just re-purchased the GOTY edition so I'll be bouncing back and forth between the two. But from what I've seen and read the new one is going to be mind-blowing. Different environments and improved AI.....I also have my pre-order in and the 19th booked off from work.

xMisFitToyx
09-10-2012, 07:04 PM
My wife said she would try the game with me via split screen. I never finished the first and just re-purchased the GOTY edition so I'll be bouncing back and forth between the two. But from what I've seen and read the new one is going to be mind-blowing. Different environments and improved AI.....I also have my pre-order in and the 19th booked off from work.

I have been playing Borderlands via the PS+ free download .. I'm hooked. As a "BB Gamers Club Unlocked" member ... I can get $20.00 in rewards certs for pre ordering and picking this up. I pre ordered MOH Warfighter today and I was seriously thinking about this as well. It would make a great B-Day gift for myself (Sept 19th :P )

Gink
09-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Nice Johnny, cool that your wife is going to play with you. Mine enjoys gaming, but rarely sticks with games all they way to the finish, Borderlands has pretty much been the exception. I think it's the perfect game for getting a significant other into the joys of gaming, especially an enjoyable shooter. Cool that you have the 19th off. We'll probably stay up too late on the 18th playing, and then the week will feel long as hell while we wait for the weekend to come along so we can put some serious time in.

Sounds like the perfect birthday present Misfit. My bday was the 6th, so I actually waited til I got a check from grandma before I put my preorder in. Thanks Grandma!

I'm really excited about the Zero, the Assassin class or whatever they are calling it. His abilities are pretty crazy and pretty new. He has some similarities to Mordecai from the first, but mostly just in sniping. His melee sword, backstabbing and hologram decoy stuff is just wild. He doesn't seem to have as many skills that help the whole group though, so I don't know if I'll use him for splitscreen, or maybe start an SP game once we are a ways in and use him. Probably depends on what the wife picks, she just goes back and forth between the Gunzerker and Siren. I figure if she goes gunzerker I'll go assassin, and if she goes Siren I'll go with the commando.

xMisFitToyx
09-11-2012, 02:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUu-FzRFYZA

Alright .... I'm ordering this on my way home.

I just need to make sure some of you guys will be available to do some co-op with me. Hmmmmmmmm?

I reserve the right to play as Maya.

Gink
09-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Maya seems like an awesome character to have in any co-op team, she has most of the healing and support skills.

I'd definitely be down for some MP Borderlands Co-Op, unfortunately I seem to run on a different schedule than most folks, add to that being on the west coast. But maybe I'll manage to get a chance to join up.

xMisFitToyx
09-12-2012, 07:37 AM
Maya seems like an awesome character to have in any co-op team, she has most of the healing and support skills.

I'd definitely be down for some MP Borderlands Co-Op, unfortunately I seem to run on a different schedule than most folks, add to that being on the west coast. But maybe I'll manage to get a chance to join up.

I pre ordered Borderlands 2 on my way home last night. I play a good bit on Saturday afternoons and sometimes on Sunday afternoons if that will allow us to game together. I rarely game after midnight eastern, during the week.

johnnyh1976
09-12-2012, 07:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUu-FzRFYZA

Alright .... I'm ordering this on my way home.

I just need to make sure some of you guys will be available to do some co-op with me. Hmmmmmmmm?

I reserve the right to play as Maya.

Count me in Misfit.....My main character is going to be Axton and I may use Zero as my online character. Message me anytime I'm on and I'll join for sure.

xMisFitToyx
09-12-2012, 04:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfKEX68KCwY

Gink
09-12-2012, 07:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfKEX68KCwY

Awesome!

I usually get to game from 10-12 weeknights, pacific time. So unfortunately most of the east coasters have called it a night by then. I'll keep an eye out for you guys though and maybe be able to sneak in some time here and there.

johnnyh1976
09-14-2012, 07:19 AM
Awesome!

I usually get to game from 10-12 weeknights, pacific time. So unfortunately most of the east coasters have called it a night by then. I'll keep an eye out for you guys though and maybe be able to sneak in some time here and there.

10-12 Pacific....yup I'm lights out by then for sure 2-4AM where I'm at. The odd times when I work later shifts I've been known to venture into the 3AM territory playing BF3 with the West Coasters....Only 4 more days. The Gamestop I pre-ordered from is having a midnight release so i may have to go. Cheers.

Gink
09-14-2012, 04:08 PM
10-12 Pacific....yup I'm lights out by then for sure 2-4AM where I'm at. The odd times when I work later shifts I've been known to venture into the 3AM territory playing BF3 with the West Coasters....Only 4 more days. The Gamestop I pre-ordered from is having a midnight release so i may have to go. Cheers.

Nice! I went back and forth on where to preorder from, eventually just went with Amazon, $10 store credit for preordering and will be at my door on the 18th. Unfortunately won't get the gamestop exclusive "Creature Dome" or whatever arena DLC they have. Our game stop is across town in the mall though, so I find it a pain to go there. The other day I saw a little ad that Fred Meyers' (Smallish West Coast Grocery/Department store) is having a midnight release event for the game. Thought that was strange, and was like damn, they are close by. I'll have the game the 18th, but might be early-mid afternoon. Would have been fun to get it at midnight. Oh well, for all I know I'll be driving out to the coast for a job we have out there that day, and not be home til evening anyway. Still stoked.

I guess they announced the date of the Mechromancer class release... October 16th or 19th or something, I don't remember specifically, but basically within a month of release there will be another class. Not sure how much I care, there was a ton of controversy over the class having a "BFF" skill tree that makes the game easier for newcomers. One of the Devs referred to it as "girlfriend mode" and the interweb exploded in outrage that they'd insinuated that some girls aren't that good at video games. :boxing:

I saw it as saying "Here's a way you can get your girlfriend into gaming with you, and playing an FPS", but whatever. I could care less about the controversy, but it made me less interested in that class, since it seems like a waste of a skill tree for most players. But will have to see what other skills she has before I write her off completely. Calling upon a giant Claptrap seems pretty cool.

xMisFitToyx
09-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Nice! I went back and forth on where to preorder from, eventually just went with Amazon, $10 store credit for preordering and will be at my door on the 18th. Unfortunately won't get the gamestop exclusive "Creature Dome" or whatever arena DLC they have. Our game stop is across town in the mall though, so I find it a pain to go there. The other day I saw a little ad that Fred Meyers' (Smallish West Coast Grocery/Department store) is having a midnight release event for the game. Thought that was strange, and was like damn, they are close by. I'll have the game the 18th, but might be early-mid afternoon. Would have been fun to get it at midnight. Oh well, for all I know I'll be driving out to the coast for a job we have out there that day, and not be home til evening anyway. Still stoked.

I'm pretty loyal to BB for all my gaming needs. With my preorder of Borderlands 2 I will recieve $20.00 in Rewards that I can use on a future purchase (MOH: Warfighter). Plus the MOH: Warfighter Preorder had the same deal. Yet another $20.00 to spend on a future game (maybe BO2) :P

xMisFitToyx
09-17-2012, 08:09 AM
Launch Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERe3wZdIAtc

xMisFitToyx
09-17-2012, 08:00 PM
These Guys are Freakin Creative with Their Commercials. LOL!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou1Zi1KGUZM

donhardeone
09-18-2012, 06:24 AM
~6 hours in and the game definitely doesn't disapoint...and I had pretty high expectations for this game. There are a few quirky changes they made that I don't like that much, but overall the game is well worth the money and a blast so far. Now for a few hours of sleep and back to it. :-)

xMisFitToyx
09-18-2012, 07:56 AM
~6 hours in and the game definitely doesn't disapoint...and I had pretty high expectations for this game. There are a few quirky changes they made that I don't like that much, but overall the game is well worth the money and a blast so far. Now for a few hours of sleep and back to it. :-)

WOOT!!!

I'm anxious to pick mine up. :)

xMisFitToyx
09-18-2012, 10:44 AM
Here are some of the reactions to Borderlands 2 from people playing it that are on Playfire.com

lol and i stand by it 100%...inventory and interface is so much better...cars actually feel like cars. im only 4 hrs into the game but it was my 1st thought about 2 hrs into the game

I only played 30min and my JAW hit the floor the first 2 min hasn't gone up since.

Its pretty awesome

This game already has successfully blown my mind

Gink
09-18-2012, 11:19 AM

It's going to be a good evening. Just gotta wait for UPS to deliver, get it installed, then wait for the wife to get home from work. She'll literally kill me if I start playing the game without her. Gonna be a pizza and staying up past bedtime night for sure!

dinsdale1978
09-18-2012, 05:38 PM
I have seriously considered trading in bf3 and cancelling all other games. It's good. Real good.

donhardeone
09-18-2012, 06:20 PM
I have seriously considered trading in bf3 and cancelling all other games. It's good. Real good.

Yeah, I'll be keeping BF3 for playing on MP Community Game nights and an occassional change of pace, but after putting in a few hours I doubt I will be playing any other game anytime soon. The more I play it, the more I realize that it is almost impossible to go through this game exactly the same way two times...replay value is HUGE already and I have barely scratched the surface of the game!

HardlyCapable13
09-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Are you guys playing co-op or going at it alone? I couldn't get into the first one solo but had a blast co-op. But there's not always someone else to play with.

donhardeone
09-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Are you guys playing co-op or going at it alone? I couldn't get into the first one solo but had a blast co-op. But there's not always someone else to play with.

Played a good mix of both today. A friend and I went to the midnight release and played co-op for several hours this morning. Once he left for a doctors appt I played for an hour or two solo just exploring the world a bit. Co-op is always more fun to me since the only reason I bought an Xbox to begin with was to play games with friends, but the solo in this one is still awesome and a bit easier to get into IMO.

Gink
09-19-2012, 02:06 AM
I only ever played the first game in split-screen co-op, but I'm definitely going to have to play this one solo or online co-op at some point to have the whole screen to myself. For whatever reason splitscreen feels more squished on this one. Might just be that there's more to look at, bigger explosions and tons more chaos that I feel I'll only get the full experience in widescreen.

The menu screens are definitely a challenge in split this time, they don't scroll around like they did in the first. I had to spend some time in SP after the wife went to bed just looking through menus and getting more familiar with new little features. I get excited by the smallest things, like discovering the trash/favorite marker in the backpack. That'll save tons of time when selling things off to clean out inventory.

Loving the game and looking forward to many playthroughs!

HardlyCapable13
09-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Is it possible to play 3 player co-op with 2 people on on console split-screen, and the other online? If so, is that possible in the first one?

Gink
09-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Is it possible to play 3 player co-op with 2 people on on console split-screen, and the other online? If so, is that possible in the first one?

Yeah, you can play with a group of 4 put together in various ways this time around. Splitscreen plus 1 or 2 online buddies works, and there's options for LAN or System Link or however consoles connect together these days.

In some ways it seems like any BL2 game you play is an online game, depending on what you set for your network settings in game. On the PS3 the default seems to be to let anyone on your friends list join at anytime. That can be changed to where people have to be invited into your game or to let anyone join who wants to, or to LAN, or offline that still lets you play SP or Split.

Starting a co-op game is a lot easier this time around for splitscreen, and probably for online as well. In the first game it was a dance of menu selections that was easy to screw up and could make it necessary to reload the game to fix. Now a second player jumps in with a button press to join and another to choose their character. And you can send invites to friends to join your game just as quickly.

The first game didn't have such flexible co-op. split screen was an offline mode, so online co-op was 1 person per console.

donhardeone
09-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Yeah, that trash/favorite feature int he backpack has already saved me much time and frustration. I have a love/hate relationship still with the new mini-map. I like having the map on screen, but I miss having at least the diamond for the mission on the bottom bar...I thought that worked out better for some things.

Don't forget to join the Gearbox club thing...it gives you another golden key, so if you pre-ordered you then have 2.

Gink
09-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Yeah, that trash/favorite feature int he backpack has already saved me much time and frustration. I have a love/hate relationship still with the new mini-map. I like having the map on screen, but I miss having at least the diamond for the mission on the bottom bar...I thought that worked out better for some things.

Don't forget to join the Gearbox club thing...it gives you another golden key, so if you pre-ordered you then have 2.

I have a pure Hate relationship with the new mini-map. The original was perfect imo. Good placement to always see it, easy to find the right direction to head to a waypoint, or turn towards enemies. The only advantage to the new one is being able to see enemy placement a bit better, how far they are from you, not just what direction. But I'd give it up for the old style in a heartbeat. The whole thing is tiny in splitscreen as well. Maybe if I had a 60"+ TV it'd be fine, I dunno. This is the first time I've felt our 42" was too small.

I hate to say anything negative about such a great game. It's still really enjoyable, just not sure why they felt the need to mess with stuff that wasn't broken. Seems like keeping the "compass" style down on the bottom wouldn't have been hard at all, maybe even in addition to the new mini-map. That's really my biggest gripe though. I don't feel like this game was set up as well for splitscreen as the last, menus are hard to see, you can't move them around as well, etc. But once you get used to navigating the new menus it's not that big of a deal.

All other issues have just been confusion, or are bugs they need to patch. Like how my wife's character shows up as "Johnny_Gink(1)" rather than her own profile name. Apparently the only way to fix that at this point is to sign out of PSN. So if we were to try and play with a 3rd or 4th person online they'd see us as Johnny_Gink and Johnny_Gink(1). I'm sure that'll get fixed at some point though. Oh, and trophies are totally broken for the 2nd player in splitscreen. Seems minor but was something I had really hoped they'd fixed from the first. First 1 the 2nd player would get trophies for "reach level x", and some others, but not any for completing missions or challenges and whatnot. We pretty much ended up taking turns on playthrough as far as who was player 1 to try and even out the trophies. Takes a bit to learn to watch the right side of the splitscreen when your chair is on the left side of the living room. So far in 2, the second player isn't getting any trophies at all, not even for reaching level 5 or anything. Would be nice if they fix that, but we'll see, since they have a different co-op vs. sp mission completion setup this time around.

The new ammo sharing in co-op is pretty cool, though we weren't aware of it at all, so were trying to carefully leave each other ammo, and being irritated by the new auto-pickup of things off the ground. The auto-pickup is still a bit irksome when it comes to health though. Gearbox apparently didn't consider the wrath of significant others who are in need of health when you inadvertently walk too close to a vial and "steal" it from them.

"Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Who is Low on Health"

I think we really expected with so many BL1 playthroughs under our belt we'd just jump right in to 2 and start destroying, so the minor learning curve has thrown us. Now that I feel like I've got most of the trivial mechanics stuff figured out, I'm really looking forward to jumping back in tonight and just enjoying the game. Second playthrough will probably be even more fun. I feel like we've missed a ton of dialogue already because it takes place during battles when we've been focused on staying alive, and the dialogue is always entertaining.

Playing the game Co-Op is definitely fantastic though. It's a lot of fun to see an enemy raised up and suspended in the air by Maya's phaselock, and blasting the hell out of it with a shotgun or assault rifle. Axton isn't the most entertaining character so far, but his turret definitely comes in handy a lot. Definitely looking forward to trying out other characters.

xMisFitToyx
09-20-2012, 07:44 AM
The mini map is not an issue with me. I never much paid attention to the diamond on the direction bar anyway. I typically pull up the map to get a better reference of the layout of obsticles and plan my routes that way.

I spent most of my time exploring (EVERYTHING), so I only made it to Sir Hamerlock before I stopped playing. Since I was exploring and looking at everything, I found some different "Skins" for vehicles. I'm looking forward to seeing what they look like. Also reading up on this game, I am seeing a lot of "Easter Eggs" contained within the game.

I will be "Playing" more than exploring tonight.

I chose Maya with the "Borderlands" skin. I'm assuming that the "Borderlands" skin is the "Veteran" skin for having previously played.

Gink
09-20-2012, 02:50 PM
I think the Maya veteran skin gives her Tannis's head lol.

We didn't have a lot of time to play last night, and I kept getting in trouble with the wife for my exploring tendencies. I guess she just wanted to shoot some shit, but we had quit Tuesday just as we arrived in Sanctuay which meant starting last night with tons of new things to check out, NPCs to chat up, new shops, new missions to obtain, in town side missions to do, etc. I've already realized we missed some Easter eggs and challenges on our way to sanctuary from not thoroughly exploring. I'm going to have to go SP at some point to find those things and get some more badass ranks.

I'm getting used to the mini-map. Still don't love it, but hate it less. I always referred to the map in 1 to plan routes, butt still relied on the "compass" a lot.

As I suspected, having figured out the new features and mechanics made last night's session a lot more fun. Less struggle, more immersion, and lots more WUB WUB!

The more I play this the more fun it gets. I've pretty much lost interest in everything else I was playing.

donhardeone
09-20-2012, 03:27 PM
The more I play this the more fun it gets. I've pretty much lost interest in everything else I was playing.

Yep...same here. Though I have started to hit a few glitches here and there with some loot falling under the map, which is problematic when it is a mission-related item. Regardless, it is still a blast and I have found that leaving the section I am in and coming back fixes it...plus I get more kills which = more badass rank points. :-)

Gink
09-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Yep...same here. Though I have started to hit a few glitches here and there with some loot falling under the map, which is problematic when it is a mission-related item. Regardless, it is still a blast and I have found that leaving the section I am in and coming back fixes it...plus I get more kills which = more badass rank points. :-)

Good to know what to do if we run into that problem. Haven't so far, though I've gone to some great lengths to collect loot thrown all over the place from exploding gas barrels and such.

johnnyh1976
09-20-2012, 10:02 PM
This game is too awesome. Only scratched the surface and am on Chapter 10 Level 10 using Axton. I am totally loving it...and the dark humor and quotes from Claptrap and the Hyperion respawn system are hilarious.

To quote Nigel Tufnel from the Spinal Tap film...."This game goes to 11"

HardlyCapable13
09-20-2012, 11:56 PM
I would appreciate it if everyone could quit talking about this game until I can get it. Thank you.

SouthtownSlayer
09-21-2012, 06:51 AM
I would appreciate it if everyone could quit talking about this game until I can get it. Thank you.

Have I told you guys how awesome this game is!!!??? :lalala:

Seriously though, I'm really enjoying this game, to the point where I only need 1 1/2 levels to get to 100 on BF3 and haven't even attempted to get there due to this game! The SP is fun but playing Co-op the past couple of days has definitely made this game more enjoyable!! The biggest problem I've noticed is not working all the side quests, I've started back tracking and finishing up the lower end missions!

xMisFitToyx
09-21-2012, 07:37 AM
I am a member of Playfire.com and spend a lot of time there reading and posting. Here are the TOP 10 most "Buzzed" games this week on Playfire.

Borderlands 2 ... Buzzed 854

Borderlands ... Buzzed 190

Battlefield 3 ... Buzzed 185

Minecraft ... Buzzed 179

Skyrim ... Buzzed 174

Resident Evil 6 ... Buzzed 173

Mass Effect 3 ... Buzzed 130

Modern WarfareŽ 3 ... Buzzed 118

Gears of War 3 ... Buzzed 94

Halo: Reach ... Buzzed 94

Gink
09-21-2012, 12:30 PM
We've been pretty thorough with side quests, but I just noticed looking through my stats in the badass ranks that as we find new areas, each area gets a few challenges for badass ranks, which means reasons to revisit areas. Some of the challenges involve the boss fights though, so will have to be attempted on other playthroughs.

I think we are at Chapter 7 and just hit level 12 or 13 after finding "The Firehawk", and did every side mission we could find before doing the story mission.

I just realized some poor planning on my part. This will be the first weekend we've had this game, but I made arrangements to take the Subaru out to my Dad's shop and replace the head gaskets and both CV halfshafts. Probably will be working on it both Saturday and Sunday. That's a bummer for me, and the wife will probably threaten to replace me with someone who has time to play borderlands with her. Sad day! Guess I'll have to play late nights and not sleep.

xMisFitToyx
09-21-2012, 02:46 PM
I have a tendency to finish every mission that is available withinn the area I am currentlt in. Sometimes when you turn in one mission, you will accept another. I will then look in my mission log to see which missions are available in the area I am currently in and do those. Seems to save a lot of backtracking. Although I did see now, that they have the various challenges (like: kill x number of badass midgets). But , I don't know if those are area specific. BTW ... what do those challenges give you/do for you?

HardlyCapable13
09-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Although I did see now, that they have the various challenges (like: kill x number of badass midgets). But , I don't know if those are area specific. BTW ... what do those challenges give you/do for you?

I don't have the game, but believe I read somewhere the challenges increase your badass rank.

Gink
09-21-2012, 03:03 PM
I have a tendency to finish every mission that is available withinn the area I am currentlt in. Sometimes when you turn in one mission, you will accept another. I will then look in my mission log to see which missions are available in the area I am currently in and do those. Seems to save a lot of backtracking. Although I did see now, that they have the various challenges (like: kill x number of badass midgets). But , I don't know if those are area specific. BTW ... what do those challenges give you/do for you?

At the bottom of the list of challenges, below all the kill x number of y enemy and such are area specific missions. Way area seems to have a number of hidden Vault symbols as well as boss challenges like kill the boss without getting hit by their special attack or before they call in backup, and some places have other challenges.

Completing the challenges give you "badass ranks" and some number of ranks gives you "badass tokens" that you redeem to buy powerups that apply to ALL your characters. Things like max health, gun damage, shield recharge, accuracy, etc. So if you redeem a bunch, not only is your current character's stats boosted, but if you were to start a new playthrough with a new character, that one would start with all those boosts. You also always have the option to disable the boosts if you feel it makes it too easy or whatever. Seems like it sort of replaces the gun specializations of BL1 where you'd gain levels with the guns you used and get stat boosts for that particular type of gun. Now 500 kills with shotguns can get you a couple percent boost to all gun damage for instance. I don't know how high the boosts get. 1 token adds 1% but the next token only adds 0.7%. I don't have anything boosted beyond 1.7% yet.

I usually try to map out missions to save travel time too, but have still found myself backtracking more than expected due to unfamiliarity of the geography. Fortunately fast travel is more prevalent and available from the start so it's easy to get to previously visited locations. But the place is huuuuge and there seem to be more and bigger areas branching off. Pretty sure we've left some large areas unexplored while following the path to our objectives.

xMisFitToyx
09-21-2012, 03:10 PM
At the bottom of the list of challenges, below all the kill x number of y enemy and such are area specific missions. Way area seems to have a number of hidden Vault symbols as well as boss challenges like kill the boss without getting hit by their special attack or before they call in backup, and some places have other challenges.

I didn't get home until about 10pm each night this week .... So all I've really done is played a little and explored. I will look @ more of the features as I play tonight and this weekend.
BTW, I'm stopping on the way home tonight to pick up a new headset. If I join any of you this weekend, we will be able to communicate. :)

Gink
09-21-2012, 04:20 PM
I didn't get home until about 10pm each night this week .... So all I've really done is played a little and explored. I will look @ more of the features as I play tonight and this weekend.
BTW, I'm stopping on the way home tonight to pick up a new headset. If I join any of you this weekend, we will be able to communicate. :)

I've had the opposite where I've had time where I wanted to be playing but had to wait for the wife to get home as I'm not allowed to play SP beyond where we are in the game. So I've spent those times trying to ease the cravings by reading forums and learning about new features.

Gink
09-22-2012, 02:31 AM
What are everyone's favorite guns you've found so far?

There are so many crazy ass guns I pretty much want to use them all, even when they have not so great stats. I love the Tediore guns though! Emptying the clip then tagging a baddie in the head with the empty gun never gets old to me.

My fave so far is my triple barrel incendiary tediore shotgun. 6 clip and shoots 3 bullets at once so lots of reloading. But a little bit ago I had 3 marauders around me and BOOM, BOOM took two down then chucked the gun and BOOM took out the third. Now that's satisfaction.

xMisFitToyx
09-23-2012, 11:20 AM
What are everyone's favorite guns you've found so far?

There are so many crazy ass guns I pretty much want to use them all, even when they have not so great stats. I love the Tediore guns though! Emptying the clip then tagging a baddie in the head with the empty gun never gets old to me.

My fave so far is my triple barrel incendiary tediore shotgun. 6 clip and shoots 3 bullets at once so lots of reloading. But a little bit ago I had 3 marauders around me and BOOM, BOOM took two down then chucked the gun and BOOM took out the third. Now that's satisfaction.

I have a pistol that I use as my go to weapon. I only has 75 damage. But, it holds 15 rounds, is deady accurate (even hipfiring), reloads super fast and does 2 x explosive damage. I have been increasing my likely chance of causing elemental damage and increasing my elemental damage through both my "Siren" abilities and my "Badass" abilities. With this gun, I can take most enemies of equal or 1 level higher out with a single clip or much less.

I also have a bouncing grenade that seeks out enemies. It has 398 damage and does 3x shock damage and has a blast radius of 660. It pulls any enemy in that enters its radius and does a continuous 98 damage per second.

I finally played some co-op last night with T-Rash (Friend ofd clan from the BFBC2 days). I would have to say that although playing BL2 SP is fun, It is a BLAST when you team up in co-op.

(I am currently lvl 14 and just rescued Roland)

SouthtownSlayer
09-23-2012, 11:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYL_nZzepn0&list=UUxqPt1w_PlREms-ew_ZNOcQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Figured out why I couldn't get my vid to post!

Here's my current gear setup, think I found a nice little spot to farm shields and mods (grenade/class)!

sam007
09-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Are you looking forward to the day they buff the reload time for the 3rd weapon? Its sooo slow! :laugh:

SouthtownSlayer
09-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Freaking Assault rifles have slow reload time, the one I have equipped is the first one I've actually used in game!

xMisFitToyx
09-24-2012, 08:35 AM
I have found a problem with this game that I don't like. When you play split screen ... player 2 starts @ lvl 1. Even if your main player is a higher lvl. This wasn't that big of a problem last night because my main character was @ maybe lvl 7, but now I have leveled up higher ... so player 2 will have a really tough time with enemies. I have not found any way to create and use an actual saved character for player 2. Anyone else run into this or have figured a way around it.

I basically had my daughter wait for me to go in and clear areas of enemies before she would join, until she finally ranked up enough to have a chance.
Your player 2 also starts out with only the basic pistol and the default storage. I actually tried giving her weapons, but she was not of high enough lvl to use them. :(

xMisFitToyx
09-24-2012, 09:37 PM
I got a shift code off of a Borderlands 2 Tweet earlier today. I have used it and it did work. It is good for the first 10,000 PS3 users. They also posted codes for XBOX and PC as well ... I just didn't get those.

Here is the PS3 code ... Hope it works for you guys.

5JKJ3-6TWKS-CSTCT-S3KJJ-FXX3W

SouthtownSlayer
09-24-2012, 11:41 PM
I got a shift code off of a Borderlands 2 Tweet earlier today. I have used it and it did work. It is good for the first 10,000 PS3 users. They also posted codes for XBOX and PC as well ... I just didn't get those.

Thanks MFT, worked and got a golden key!! woot woot!!!

Last night myself, my nephew, friend of my nephew, and murphygood beat the game!! The ending was awesome and looking forward to playing the next difficulty that we unlocked!! Thanks again MFT!

donhardeone
09-25-2012, 07:44 AM

Which Twitter account were you following that posted the codes? I didn't see anything on the Gearbox handle about it. Boo!

xMisFitToyx
09-25-2012, 07:49 AM
Which Twitter account were you following that posted the codes? I didn't see anything on the Gearbox handle about it. Boo!

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic

Randy Pitchford‏@DuvalMagic

WinPC Borderlands 2 SHiFT code with 10k redemptions for a Golden Key: KBCJ3-KX9B6-XTBJT-TT33B-C9ZR3

X360 Borderlands 2 SHiFT code with 10k redemptions for a Golden Key: 5JKJ3-6TWSJ-BRXBX-K6JJJ-FXXWB

PS3 Borderlands 2 SHiFT code with 10k redemptions for a Golden Key: 5JKJ3-6TWKS-CSTCT-S3KJJ-FXX3W

Gink
09-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Thanks Misfit! PS3 code still worked for me this morning.

Hope you had some better luck with co-op characters last night.

It seems like they tried to make co-op more flexible and not so level dependent so folks could just jump in and out, but not sure it's working that well. The wife talked her brother in Arkansas into buying the game this weekend, and then she started a new game so she wouldn't be way higher level than him. She ended up being lvl7 to his 9 and said it was ok when she joined his game. But later she joined him again and decided to use her lvl13 character and said it blanked out her skill points and she had to reassign them Kinda weird.

We just keep starting new characters for different uses to try and keep everyone around the same level. All your characters should save under the PS3 profile of whoever is playing them and be loadable as existing characters.

xMisFitToyx
09-25-2012, 10:23 AM
Thanks Misfit! PS3 code still worked for me this morning.

Hope you had some better luck with co-op characters last night.

It seems like they tried to make co-op more flexible and not so level dependent so folks could just jump in and out, but not sure it's working that well. The wife talked her brother in Arkansas into buying the game this weekend, and then she started a new game so she wouldn't be way higher level than him. She ended up being lvl7 to his 9 and said it was ok when she joined his game. But later she joined him again and decided to use her lvl13 character and said it blanked out her skill points and she had to reassign them Kinda weird.

We just keep starting new characters for different uses to try and keep everyone around the same level. All your characters should save under the PS3 profile of whoever is playing them and be loadable as existing characters.

I found her original character on my alternate account last night and it saved everything related to that character. I played her character to the point where we had left off on our progression of the game. So, she should be at the same point. I'm sure I will be able to figure out how to get that character back in my current game.

Thanks for the advice.

ROW
09-25-2012, 10:53 AM
Thanx for

Thanx for PS3 code .. will try it out ltr .. 2nd Borderlands PLATINUM trophy on it's way' Whooo' ...

xMisFitToyx
09-27-2012, 09:20 AM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-L7YDWzJ1rv4/UGRf8jJPypI/AAAAAAAAAGU/nOUbgmzis70/s350/DAHL.jpg

You know you are playing too much Borderlands 2 ... When you look @ your neighbors dumpster and immediatly think "DAHL" and I wonder if it has any loot in it. Hahahahaha :)

xMisFitToyx
09-28-2012, 07:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRWmAH91ahM

xMisFitToyx
10-03-2012, 07:28 AM
Thanks Gink (and your lovely wife), for the co-op last night. I have only played online co-op once. Mostly I go solo or with my daughter (split screen). We definitely need to do this more often. Thank You Sir and Ma'am.

On a second note, I noticed that Borlaxx was playing Borderlands 2 last night. Looks like he is not going to go quietly (giving up gaming) :P

Gink
10-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Thanks Gink (and your lovely wife), for the co-op last night. I have only played online co-op once. Mostly I go solo or with my daughter (split screen). We definitely need to do this more often. Thank You Sir and Ma'am.

On a second note, I noticed that Borlaxx was playing Borderlands 2 last night. Looks like he is not going to go quietly (giving up gaming) :P

No problem! Was handy that we are all about the same level. Sorry it wasn't the most action packed session for you since we were doing missions you'd already done, and we tend to play at a bit of a slower pace.

That was only the second time I've played with someone online, we joined up with my brother-in-law for a bit last week. It's pretty cool how well it works though. Fun being able to combine split screen with online, though conversation gets a bit confusing with one person on headset and another on the couch. I should look into connecting 2 headsets on the same ps3.

I feel like I'm slowly seeing more and more MPs picking the game up. One of these days I'd like to see how crazy the brawls get with 4 players. Good times!

xMisFitToyx
10-03-2012, 09:15 AM
No problem! Was handy that we are all about the same level. Sorry it wasn't the most action packed session for you since we were doing missions you'd already done, and we tend to play at a bit of a slower pace.

That was only the second time I've played with someone online, we joined up with my brother-in-law for a bit last week. It's pretty cool how well it works though. Fun being able to combine split screen with online, though conversation gets a bit confusing with one person on headset and another on the couch. I should look into connecting 2 headsets on the same ps3.

I feel like I'm slowly seeing more and more MPs picking the game up. One of these days I'd like to see how crazy the brawls get with 4 players. Good times!

The pace was fine for me. I am in no hurry going through this game. There are so many things to see and do, and I'm taking it ALL in. Plus, All the side missions rank you up and prepare you for the tough fights. :)

Since I had already done the mission, I didn't want to spoil anything for you guys. I just sat back and gave (a little) support.

Have you done any rounds of Fink's Slaughter House. I would be interested in teaming up with you guys for a few rounds ... since we are all the same level. :)

Gink
10-03-2012, 07:27 PM
The pace was fine for me. I am in no hurry going through this game. There are so many things to see and do, and I'm taking it ALL in. Plus, All the side missions rank you up and prepare you for the tough fights. :)

Since I had already done the mission, I didn't want to spoil anything for you guys. I just sat back and gave (a little) support.

Have you done any rounds of Fink's Slaughter House. I would be interested in teaming up with you guys for a few rounds ... since we are all the same level. :)

Is Fink's an arena? We haven't been there yet. I remember passing the entrance to it while we were on another mission. Can't remember where it is now though. On the way to the Caustic Marshes or whatever that place is? Dunno. That'd be fun though to join up for some arena type fights.

Last night was our first time really running around the Highlands, that place is huge! We'd passed through and set up the beacon to get back to sanctuary, but hadn't explored or done any missions there.

Not sure when we'll get on next, hopefully Thursday evening if all goes well.

xMisFitToyx
10-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Is Fink's an arena? We haven't been there yet. I remember passing the entrance to it while we were on another mission. Can't remember where it is now though. On the way to the Caustic Marshes or whatever that place is? Dunno. That'd be fun though to join up for some arena type fights.

Last night was our first time really running around the Highlands, that place is huge! We'd passed through and set up the beacon to get back to sanctuary, but hadn't explored or done any missions there.

Not sure when we'll get on next, hopefully Thursday evening if all goes well.

If you "Fast Travel" to the "Fridge", Fink's is there. Yes, it is and arena battle. I have gone 3 rounds. I have to rank up between rounds, because they get much much harder.

Gink
10-04-2012, 09:27 AM
If you "Fast Travel" to the "Fridge", Fink's is there. Yes, it is and arena battle. I have gone 3 rounds. I have to rank up between rounds, because they get much much harder.

The Fridge! That's right. Will have to go check it out soon.

xMisFitToyx
10-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Meet Gaige
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-lMWrc3saFyI/UG3V6IYIE6I/AAAAAAAAAHU/JjTIhEB3MSs/s512/Gaige.jpg

xMisFitToyx
10-05-2012, 01:38 PM
My Maya
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-AioIuPDYxsY/UG8oyw-FTuI/AAAAAAAAAIE/QQhUKwyi6OY/s424/Maya%2520Bandit.jpg

Badass Bandit Skin

SouthtownSlayer
10-06-2012, 03:18 PM
New Shift codes active until 06OCT12 6PM CT, last one for the day!

PS3 - CJKT3-WRK9J-6ZJ53-SJKJJ-5XJTR
XBOX - CJKT3-WRK5R-3XR36-KRJJJ-5XJZW
PC - CTCTB-3BTZZ-6BBJJ-TTJTB-JXCHC

Enjoy!!!

SouthtownSlayer
10-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Meet Gaige
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-lMWrc3saFyI/UG3V6IYIE6I/AAAAAAAAAHU/JjTIhEB3MSs/s512/Gaige.jpg

She is available sometime this evening!!!

HELL YEAHZ!! (http://mp1st.com/2012/10/09/borderlands-2-dlc-character-available-today-meet-gaige-the-mechromancer/)

xMisFitToyx
10-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Meet Gaige

She is available sometime this evening!!!

HELL YEAHZ!! (http://mp1st.com/2012/10/09/borderlands-2-dlc-character-available-today-meet-gaige-the-mechromancer/)

I'm going to try to convince my wife to play this game with me as Gaige. :)

xMisFitToyx
10-11-2012, 08:39 AM
The other night, I had this Epic battle and thought it was the end of the game .... Nope, looks like I'm only about 2/3 of the way through. Not to mention, I have plenty of side missions left. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. This is an awesome game.

Some of the side missions are getting tough as hell. The one with the ???Mother Skagg, is kicking my butt. I'm farming some of the Crystal Creatures for cash to buy more ammo (a lot more ammo).

xMisFitToyx
10-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty

http://s3.amazonaws.com/gearboxsoftwarecom/images/_/20121011/a8690129124f6dc75ef021e6f4ddef5c80d3d500_600x300.j pg

DLC out Tuesday October 16, 2012 ... All Platforms

Gink
10-11-2012, 07:31 PM
The other night, I had this Epic battle and thought it was the end of the game .... Nope, looks like I'm only about 2/3 of the way through. Not to mention, I have plenty of side missions left. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. This is an awesome game.

Some of the side missions are getting tough as hell. The one with the ???Mother Skagg, is kicking my butt. I'm farming some of the Crystal Creatures for cash to buy more ammo (a lot more ammo).

Yeah, I think we hit about the same point the other night. We were actually a bit sad thinking we were about done with the game, but nope. No idea how much farther we have to go, haven't gotten to play as much this week haven't even tried out Gaige yet.

SouthtownSlayer
10-12-2012, 08:02 AM

http://s3.amazonaws.com/gearboxsoftwarecom/images/_/20121011/a8690129124f6dc75ef021e6f4ddef5c80d3d500_600x300.j pg

If I was a video game pirate I'd tap that pirate booty!

xMisFitToyx
10-12-2012, 08:42 AM

If I was a video game pirate I'd tap that pirate booty!

Glad I wasn't drinking milk when I read this. It would have shot straight out of my nose. Hahahahahahahahahaha

Badgerute
10-17-2012, 08:52 AM
any of you guys found any orange items? I haven't, but I'm only level 26 (just finished the mission impersonating Jack). I had a friend give me 100k and like a true degenerate, spent almost all of it on the slot machines hoping for some orange, but never got it.

Madlob75
10-17-2012, 09:53 AM
any of you guys found any orange items? I haven't, but I'm only level 26 (just finished the mission impersonating Jack). I had a friend give me 100k and like a true degenerate, spent almost all of it on the slot machines hoping for some orange, but never got it.

Your valued donation to local education has been duly noted. As always, play responsibly.

xMisFitToyx
10-17-2012, 10:28 AM

I have gotten (2) orange items ... One is the Firehawk Sheild and the other a fire pistol dropped by (can't remember his name) the winged dude in the "Fridge"

I created a new "Zero" character last night .... played split screen with my "Maya" character. I never even touched the second controller. Without ever taking a step, firing a bullet or even dying ... My "Zero" character is at level 16. :-)

Funny thing is, My "Maya" character started as barely level 34 and I almost got to level 35 (but I didn't). So from level 34 to almost 35 is like going from level 1 to 16.

Badgerute
10-17-2012, 12:23 PM
I have gotten (2) orange items ... One is the Firehawk Sheild and the other a fire pistol dropped by (can't remember his name) the winged dude in the "Fridge"

I created a new "Zero" character last night .... played split screen with my "Maya" character. I never even touched the second controller. Without ever taking a step, firing a bullet or even dying ... My "Zero" character is at level 16. :-)

Funny thing is, My "Maya" character started as barely level 34 and I almost got to level 35 (but I didn't). So from level 34 to almost 35 is like going from level 1 to 16.

Interesting. I didn't even know you could do that. I'm going to do the same thing.

Badgerute
10-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Your valued donation to local education has been duly noted. As always, play responsibly.

The pandora school system, roads, and military are all strong now thanks to my contributions. My luck in video games mirrors my luck in real life.

xMisFitToyx
10-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Interesting. I didn't even know you could do that. I'm going to do the same thing.

To get the plat, the only character that I was going to have to level up was "Zero" (Since I'm playing "Salvador" with my daughter). I was thinking, I didn't want to play (most of the way) through the game a third time just for the plat ... So I thought, Why not level "Zero" up as I'm on my way to Level 50 with "Maya".

I only need to get him to level 31 for the ability to cloak and get the 1 trophy associated with his character.

The only thing is playing split screen (by myself) is a little annoying ... But, I will survive the ordeal. ;-)

BTW ... I love making enemies explode and catch other enemies on fire, with Maya's Helios skill.

Gink
10-17-2012, 01:00 PM

I've gotten 2 orange grenade mods as random drops. The first was when I was pretty low level, so I was surprised but still expected that meant I'd see them a bit more than I have in the time since. Think I have a level 8 orange grenade mod and a level 25 orange grenade mod, both of which just split into a bunch more grenades that then split into more grenades, at least 1 of which tends to hit me every time I toss one. My best weapons are still purple, mostly stuff from the gold chest.

xMisFitToyx
10-17-2012, 01:17 PM
I have every level 1 challenge completed ... except for the ellusive Jimmy Jenkins. :frusty:

I have even completed "Open Wide" :-)

HEXOR
10-19-2012, 09:24 AM
Is there a link to the active players on Borderlands 2? I'm new to the 360 and need to start adding MPs, just wondering the easiest way considering I'm only playing Borderlands 2 right now, and adding BlkOps2 in November... ideas folks?

SouthtownSlayer
10-19-2012, 10:46 AM
I would just add all the XBox MPeeps if you have room for them that way if you decide in the future to play a different game you will already have them added.

Gink
10-19-2012, 07:34 PM
I have every level 1 challenge completed ... except for the ellusive Jimmy Jenkins. :frusty:

I have even completed "Open Wide" :-)

I've run into jimmy Jenkins exactly once... Don't have anywhere near all the other challenges done though. JJ is like a loot midget, only he's a robot, and really really rare.

Harshfence
10-19-2012, 09:59 PM
How do you run into Jimmy Jenkins? Does he just randomly appear somewhere?

xMisFitToyx
10-20-2012, 07:53 AM
I've run into jimmy Jenkins exactly once... Don't have anywhere near all the other challenges done though. JJ is like a loot midget, only he's a robot, and really really rare.

How do you run into Jimmy Jenkins? Does he just randomly appear somewhere?

I thought I found Jimmy last night, but it wasn't him. I opened a loot chest, and out popped a small red loader ... I thought ..."Hell Yea!!!". Then, I paid attention to its name, and all it said was midget loader ... I checked, and my challenge did not complete.

And yes .. he is ramdom (in the yellow ammo boxes .. in Hyperion areas)

Gink
10-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Yeah, think I found him out in the Arid Nexus. Shortly after that another midget bot popped out and I thought it was him again but was one of those midget loaders. Pretty funny.

Gotta be frustrating for that to be your last unfinished challenge though. Opening chests and hoping...

xMisFitToyx
10-22-2012, 02:51 PM
Can't wait to go after Terramorphous. I think I'll start my TVHM playthrough and go ahead and level up to 50 (I'm currently @ lvl 37). I will need some help, because I don't think it is possible with less than 3 players.

I still need to find Jimmy :frusty:

Gink
10-22-2012, 05:24 PM
We just finished the main quest line the other night, haven't checked out what comes next. We still have 2 levels in the circle of slaughter. We did the first 3 @ lvl 33 and barely got through round 3. Super Badass Loaders + ceiling turrets suck!

Hit lvl 35 during final battle. Probably will go kick the shit out of the "Hyperion Truth Broadcasting" guy then grab some Pirate Booty.

xMisFitToyx
10-23-2012, 06:42 AM
We just finished the main quest line the other night, haven't checked out what comes next. We still have 2 levels in the circle of slaughter. We did the first 3 @ lvl 33 and barely got through round 3. Super Badass Loaders + ceiling turrets suck!

Hit lvl 35 during final battle. Probably will go kick the shit out of the "Hyperion Truth Broadcasting" guy then grab some Pirate Booty.

How do you like Inneuendo Bot in "Ore Chasm"? This Battle is going to be "LONG" and "HARD". The stupid humor of this game is over the top. :-)

I have everything completed with my solo playthrough (except terramorphous). I am half way through the Pirate DLC. It took me about 5 trys, to get through the final round of the circle of slaughter. (spoiler alert ... the 5th round has 7 rounds not 5 .... use ammo sparingly and use your special abilities instead of ammo when possible) I was down to my last few rounds of ammo when I finally beat it. I used Maya's Phaselock abilities to take out the turrets.

Gink
10-24-2012, 11:37 AM
How do you like Inneuendo Bot in "Ore Chasm"? This Battle is going to be "LONG" and "HARD". The stupid humor of this game is over the top. :-)

I have everything completed with my solo playthrough (except terramorphous). I am half way through the Pirate DLC. It took me about 5 trys, to get through the final round of the circle of slaughter. (spoiler alert ... the 5th round has 7 rounds not 5 .... use ammo sparingly and use your special abilities instead of ammo when possible) I was down to my last few rounds of ammo when I finally beat it. I used Maya's Phaselock abilities to take out the turrets.

"Stand ERECT and prepare for combat!" Innuendo Bot cracks me up.

Noticed pretty quickly that ammo drops are scarce in the circle. I've got a relic that boosts how much assault rifle and shotgun ammo I can carry. But we only made it through 3 after I picked up a mod that dropped my turret cooldown by 25%, and saved all my rockets until the constructors arrive. Definitely need at least some better weapons and maybe a level or two before trying the rest of the rounds.

xMisFitToyx
10-24-2012, 12:20 PM
"Stand ERECT and prepare for combat!" Innuendo Bot cracks me up.

Noticed pretty quickly that ammo drops are scarce in the circle. I've got a relic that boosts how much assault rifle and shotgun ammo I can carry. But we only made it through 3 after I picked up a mod that dropped my turret cooldown by 25%, and saved all my rockets until the constructors arrive. Definitely need at least some better weapons and maybe a level or two before trying the rest of the rounds.

Scarce drops ... and no ammo crates to refill with. I use 2 relics. 1st was one that increased shotgun damage by 10% with a 48% faster reload ... the other was 15% explosive damage bonus ... and I have a good assault rifle and a GREAT rocket launcher that gives bonus explosive damage. I also have a pistol that gives 1440 damage with bonus electric damage around 700 per second and the bullets are homing bullets ... all I have to do is aim in the in the general direction of an enemy, and I get a hit :-)

I'll be happy to help ... if you would like.

What lvl are you ... I may have some weapons (decent) that I don't use anymore.

I also have an orange sniper rifle called the "Pitchfork". It fires 3 projectiles per shot ... damage is somewhere around 3000 x 3 with 100% chance of elemental effect ... fire damage (don't remember fire damage value ... but its massive). It has never taken more than 2 shots with this weapon to destroy any enemy. I did not use it in circle of slaughter ... because of the ammo consumption and no refill issue.

Gink
10-24-2012, 07:27 PM
3 people in the circle of slaughter is probably total madness with all the extra enemies! Sounds like fun. I'll let you know of we get stuck finishing it up.

I think we are level 35 now. I mostly use assault rifles, Jacobs revolvers, torque or tediore shotguns and either a launcher or smg. (though lately been rolling a no-scope bladed sniper rifle in the 4 spot) The wife mostly rolls with elemental pistols, smgs and sniper rifles. Mostly pistols I think. I don't use much elemental besides the occasional explosive rifle/shotgun, though I'd love to find a corrosive assault rifle that actually does decent damage.

SouthtownSlayer
10-25-2012, 07:46 AM
I thought I found Jimmy last night, but it wasn't him. I opened a loot chest, and out popped a small red loader ... I thought ..."Hell Yea!!!". Then, I paid attention to its name, and all it said was midget loader ... I checked, and my challenge did not complete.

And yes .. he is ramdom (in the yellow ammo boxes .. in Hyperion areas)

I can't remember what zone it was (think Sanctuary) but there was a Wanted: Jimmy Jenkins poster on the wall that mentioned what zone you could find Jimmy Jenkins in, even showed a picture of the dirty little robot that he is!

xMisFitToyx
10-25-2012, 07:58 AM
I can't remember what zone it was (think Sanctuary) but there was a Wanted: Jimmy Jenkins poster on the wall that mentioned what zone you could find Jimmy Jenkins in, even showed a picture of the dirty little robot that he is!

I'll look to see if I can see the poster ... THANKS!!

Most everyone (on Youtube) seems to be finding him in Opportunity and the Wildlife Preserve. I have cleared both of those areas multiple times .... checking the specific type of ammo box he is known to be in, with no luck. Since I still have lvl 50 to get to and kill Terramorphous ... I thought I'd give him a break and just look for him later.

SouthtownSlayer
10-25-2012, 08:28 AM
I'll look to see if I can see the poster ... THANKS!!

Most everyone (on Youtube) seems to be finding him in Opportunity and the Wildlife Preserve. I have cleared both of those areas multiple times .... checking the specific type of ammo box he is known to be in, with no luck. Since I still have lvl 50 to get to and kill Terramorphous ... I thought I'd give him a break and just look for him later.

Once you get to Terra you can easily farm him for some nice yellow items.

xMisFitToyx
10-25-2012, 08:42 AM

Did you kill him solo or co-op?

I know ... If you die (solo) in a boss battle ... the boss will regain full health. If you die (co-op) and at least 1 co-op player stays alive ... the boss does not regain health (sheilds will regenerate ... health, no)

Gink
10-25-2012, 10:28 AM

Nice. Yellows have been pretty scarce so far. Hopefully Terra isn't quite as tough as Crawmerax the Invincible was in the General Knoxx DLC of the first game. That was a frustrating brawl.

SouthtownSlayer
10-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Did you kill him solo or co-op?

I know ... If you die (solo) in a boss battle ... the boss will regain full health. If you die (co-op) and at least 1 co-op player stays alive ... the boss does not regain health (sheilds will regenerate ... health, no)

I killed him with Rogaine but know that Rogain was soloing him.

Gink
10-26-2012, 01:40 PM
New shift (gold key) codes coming today and tomorrow in Facebook/twitter. 6pm and 11pm tonight. 5am, 11am and 3pm tomorrow. All times central standard. I'll try to catch and post as many as possible.

xMisFitToyx
10-26-2012, 01:54 PM
New shift (gold key) codes coming today and tomorrow in Facebook/twitter. 6pm and 11pm tonight. 5am, 11am and 3pm tomorrow. All times central standard. I'll try to catch and post as many as possible.

Thanks .... I'll keep an eye out for them. :-)

Gink
10-26-2012, 06:06 PM
PlayStation 3: CBW33-XSB53-JCK53-HJCTB-9XC66

Xbox: CJCT3-K3C9K-XSRTF-WFTTJ-JW35J

PC: WTKJJ-566JC-WXJT3-BTJT3-6BTBH

Apparently these are only good for 3 hours (6pm-9pm cst) with new codes coming a few hours after.

donhardeone
10-26-2012, 08:03 PM
FYI, the codes on Facebook are different than the ones they post on Twitter. You can redeem both at least this initial time (likely for all of them), which means there is potential to get up to 10 Golden Keys!!!

https://www.facebook.com/borderlandsgame
https://twitter.com/gearboxsoftware

Happy looting!

Gink
10-26-2012, 08:32 PM
FYI, the codes on Facebook are different than the ones they post on Twitter. You can redeem both at least this initial time (likely for all of them), which means there is potential to get up to 10 Golden Keys!!!

https://www.facebook.com/borderlandsgame
https://twitter.com/gearboxsoftware

Happy looting!

Sweet! Good catch. Glad I saw this 30 min before they expire. I noticed the one I used came up as a twitter golden key but still didn't occur to me that FB would have a different code.

donhardeone
10-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Sweet! Good catch. Glad I saw this 30 min before they expire. I noticed the one I used came up as a twitter golden key but still didn't occur to me that FB would have a different code.

That's what made me think to even check. I know they mentioned posting it in both places, but I didn't think it would be two different codes. However when I redeemed it and it said "Twitter Golden Key" instead of the usual, I got curious and ran over to Facebook. Sure enough, different codes. Woohoo!!!

Gink
10-27-2012, 01:39 PM
That's what made me think to even check. I know they mentioned posting it in both places, but I didn't think it would be two different codes. However when I redeemed it and it said "Twitter Golden Key" instead of the usual, I got curious and ran over to Facebook. Sure enough, different codes. Woohoo!!!

Glad you did! We've got 6 new gold keys so far and another set of codes coming. We missed the 5am-8am set, since that's 3am-6am our time. Even golden keys aren't going to get me out of bed that early on a Saturday.

Gink
10-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Anyone fought Vermivorous yet? Sounds even tougher than Terramorphous. I guess it's the final evolutionary state for vorkids, so even getting it to appear by get vorkids to evolve beyond super badass, etc. without getting your ass kicked should be a challenge.

There's rumors of an Invincible in Captain Scarlet's as well, don't know anything about it though.

xMisFitToyx
10-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Anyone fought Vermivorous yet? Sounds even tougher than Terramorphous. I guess it's the final evolutionary state for vorkids, so even getting it to appear by get vorkids to evolve beyond super badass, etc. without getting your ass kicked should be a challenge.

There's rumors of an Invincible in Captain Scarlet's as well, don't know anything about it though.

He is Hyperious The Invincible ... He, Like Terramorphous, starts off @ lvl 52.

I had been stuck @ lvl 36 for a while ... (long time between lvls) ... I bit the bullet, and selected TVHM and within 1 hour, I'm @ lvl 39 :-)

Gink
10-27-2012, 07:49 PM
He is Hyperious The Invincible ... He, Like Terramorphous, starts off @ lvl 52.

I had been stuck @ lvl 36 for a while ... (long time between lvls) ... I bit the bullet, and selected TVHM and within 1 hour, I'm @ lvl 39 :-)

Yeah, we're in normal in the dlc and have been lvl 36 forrreeever

Gink
10-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Pretty much finished the DLC last night. Finally hit lvl37 on the last missions. Kind of disappointed with how it scaled. I guess to do the DLC during playthrough 1 I'd suggest being no higher than lvl30, since it seemed most quests were lvl30 and perhaps at that level you get decent XP/Loot. We were killing loaders for 1XP each and Anchormen for 10XP. Kind of felt like a waste of time, even though it's a pretty fun DLC otherwise. Made some decent cash since there was a fair amount of valuable loot, but 95% of it was lower in stats than what we already had, but sold for $3-$4k.

We're definitely ready to go to TVHM though and get back to actually levelling up, though I'll miss the sand skiffs, way more fun to drive than any of the cars.

xMisFitToyx
10-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Pretty much finished the DLC last night. Finally hit lvl37 on the last missions. Kind of disappointed with how it scaled. I guess to do the DLC during playthrough 1 I'd suggest being no higher than lvl30, since it seemed most quests were lvl30 and perhaps at that level you get decent XP/Loot. We were killing loaders for 1XP each and Anchormen for 10XP. Kind of felt like a waste of time, even though it's a pretty fun DLC otherwise. Made some decent cash since there was a fair amount of valuable loot, but 95% of it was lower in stats than what we already had, but sold for $3-$4k.

We're definitely ready to go to TVHM though and get back to actually levelling up, though I'll miss the sand skiffs, way more fun to drive than any of the cars.

I made it to lvl 42 this weekend. In TVHM, you start getting some serious XP and cash. I made it to where I hijacked the train .... and I killed Wilhelm (That was tough solo), then I hung it up for the night. I have not been doing any side missions in TVHM, but it looks like I'm going to have to start (I'm going to need to rank up a little more for the oncoming battles). I'm looking forward to taking on the invicibles with some of my MP friends. :-)

None of the weapons you have now will help you in TVHM. I seriously struggled through the first couple of sections with the weapons I had, then I used a few of the golden keys I got from FB & Twitter this weekend and got me some great weapons ... Now I'm getting some seriously good weapons from drops and loot chests.

I may also play through a little of the DLC to get me some XP as well.

I also found JIMMY JENKINS!!!!!

I am now, 1 more trophy closer to a platinum on this game.

I spent about 4 hours Saturday, doing nothing but quitting and restarting in Opportunity, trying to find him. :-D

I also tried to get a Vermiforous to spawn. I thought I had it last night. I was able to get a Super Bad Ass to create a pod, but it just grew and never popped. It was just this bulging sack. I even shot it and it didn't pop. :-(

Gink
10-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Man, that's terrible when you do something that hard, just to get hosed by a glitch in the end. I was in Caustic Caverns yesterday with my lvl24 Assassin fighting a badass vorkid and the wife wandered through and asked "you going to try and make it evolve?" I just looked at her.

Isn't there supposed to be "Ultimate Badass" after Super? I don't think I've fought anything behind super badass. Worst ones so far were mutated super badass from Hammerlock's mission in Tundra Express.

We finished up the circle of slaughter yesterday. Gained almost as much XP doing round 5 as we did in the entire DLC. Took us 2 or 3 attempts and by the end the wife was out of ammo for everything but assault and rockets which she doesn't use, so was just phase locking, and I was down to 1 grenade, 4 rockets, 9 shotgun shells, 85 pistol rounds, and full SMG since I only had a useless incendiary smg on me. With relic I carry 1340 assault rifle and thought I was being conservative. Ran out by wave 5 I think. Madness. With 2 players you get twice as many of everything, so the numbers of super badass loaders and constructors ate our rounds fast.

Whenever we play next we'll start TVHM. Glad I've been saving my golden keys.

xMisFitToyx
10-30-2012, 08:26 AM
This is where I found Jimmy.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Iyc_2fZOsO8/UI_UxWlLrVI/AAAAAAAAAIU/6DnfeOqjYXU/s638/Found%2520Jimmy.jpg

Gink
10-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Special shift codes tomorrow on facebook/twitter for Halloween character skins.

xMisFitToyx
10-31-2012, 07:24 AM

I'll keep an eye out for them. :-)

xMisFitToyx
10-31-2012, 10:05 AM
Up until last night ... My best shotgun was 1700 x 10 with a moderate spread, around 52% accuracy and explosive damage. I'm @ lvl 43, and I was using all the shotgun ammo I had, just to get through any moderate battle.

Then .... I found the "Orphan Maker" shotgun. This bad boy takes out most enemies with 1 shot and the most difficult (so far) with 2 or 3. It has a whopping 17548 x 14 damage with a tight spread around 85% accuracy with explosive damage and "fires as fast as you can pull the trigger". It has a scope, and when scoped in it is almost like firing an assult rifle. I also use a relic that adds 10% damage for shotguns with 48% faster reload. I'm also using a class mod that gives 15% bonus explosive damage. :-D

Unfortunately ... Being a lvl 43 weapon, It will not help me much with Terramorphous, Hyperion or Master Gee.

BOO-YAH BITCHES!!!

xMisFitToyx
10-31-2012, 10:23 AM

The codes on Facebook and Twitter ARE the same

Today's spooky SHiFT codes will be active until Sunday, November 4 at 11:55PM CT

Looks Like I Will Be Buzzing Around Pandora Tonight :-)

Unlock Maya the Siren's spooky "Fright of the Bumblebee" customization in Borderlands 2 with the below SHiFT code!
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: KTCTJ-ZHCKB-BKKW3-STCJT-3FZTW

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WJC3T-SS6S5-X9FTF-WRTB3-BT39H

PC SHiFT Code: WTKBJ-XRHTW-C63BT-JTB33-J6C9T

http://i.imgur.com/mOyGm.jpg

Unlock Salvador the Gunzerker's spooky "Killer Bee" customization in Borderlands 2 with the below SHiFT code!
PC SHiFT Code: CTK3J-9XH3W-CRB3J-33TBJ-9JJHW

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTK33-HFR95-RZRJX-KRBB3-CZ3KF

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: C3W3B-5JX5J-3C55J-ZJWTJ-RH3HR

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-1K__X7f00JI/UJFbE0xKA7I/AAAAAAAAAIk/oIDMiyXKFmU/s600/Salvadore%2520Killer%2520Bee.jpg

Unlock Axton's spooky "Yellowjacket" customization in Borderlands 2 with the below SHiFT code!
PC SHiFT Code: KT53J-36HBK-W6JJ3-BJJB3-WH95H

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: KBKBT-WH6Z5-X96B6-WX3TJ-5J6J3

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CJ5T3-5H5KT-3KCKT-9JKBB-3SKHT

http://i.imgur.com/Wuuks.jpg

Unlock Zer0’s spooky "Hornet's Nest" customization in Borderlands 2 with the below SHiFT code!

PC SHiFT Code: 5J5JB-B9S35-W6J33-3BJBT-33JSF

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: 5J53B-J96HW-F9FBX-CFTT3-FTFXS

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: KBKB3-J3R5J-BKCKT-H3W33-9F56C

http://i.imgur.com/5adEl.jpg

Unlock the Mechromancer's spooky "Stinger Missile" customization in Borderlands 2 with the below SHiFT code!

PC SHiFT Code: W3WBJ-C6ZB5-C6JJT-33JJB-JSFX6

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTKTJ-696S5-R9RB6-5RTT3-BTS3H

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CJWTB-FZK5T-TKKWT-ZJ5B3-X56B9

http://i.imgur.com/Vke20.jpg

SouthtownSlayer
10-31-2012, 12:13 PM
Thanks MFT!!

Gink
10-31-2012, 02:00 PM
Up until last night ... My best shotgun was 1700 x 10 with a moderate spread, around 52% accuracy and explosive damage. I'm @ lvl 43, and I was using all the shotgun ammo I had, just to get through any moderate battle.

Then .... I found the "Orphan Maker" shotgun. This bad boy takes out most enemies with 1 shot and the most difficult (so far) with 2 or 3. It has a whopping 17548 x 14 damage with a tight spread around 85% accuracy with explosive damage and "fires as fast as you can pull the trigger". It has a scope, and when scoped in it is almost like firing an assult rifle. I also use a relic that adds 10% damage for shotguns with 48% faster reload. I'm also using a class mod that gives 15% bonus explosive damage. :-D

Unfortunately ... Being a lvl 43 weapon, It will not help me much with Terramorphous, Hyperion or Master Gee.

BOO-YAH BITCHES!!!

Damn man, that's a pretty serious shotgun.
There is definitely some pretty nice loot in TVHM. We were having inventory issues while we were working our way to Sanctuary, since we usually make decisions on what to keep or buy after testing everything out at Marcus's shooting range. The numbers on guns don't always give an accurate representation of how much damage they do, etc. Can't remember if we are lvl 38 or 39 now, but definitely levelling up faster. The bandits are a lot tougher in TVHM, but it's a lot of fun that most of the brawls are challenging again.

Gink
10-31-2012, 02:04 PM
Spooky Axton Codes:

PC: KT53J-36HBK-W6JJ3-BJJB3-WH95H

Xbox: KBKBT-WH6Z5-X96B6-WX3TJ-5J6J3

PS3: CJ5T3-5H5KT-3KCKT-9JKBB-3SKHT

http://i.imgur.com/Wuuks.jpg

xMisFitToyx
11-01-2012, 10:56 AM
I may have BOO-YAH'D too soon.

My lvl 43 shotty, doesn't seem to be as awesome as I thought it was. Mostly on the lvl 46 badass enemies I have run into. I'm having to unload around 10 shots into them with it before they go down. I did find a 71000 (approx) damage rocket launcher that has bonus explosive damage and explodes like a grenade when reloading that has come in handy with the lvl 46 enemies. So far the only enemies that have been unstoppable (for me) are the lvl 45 and 46 cursed pirates. They jump all over you like a rabid badger and steal your health until you die. Every time you shoot one ... it restores it's health by attacking you. My best advice, is to just avoid them @ all costs. I am @ lvl 44 right now. I am kind of bouncing between the main story line and the DLC on my way to lvl 50.

A lot of the enemies seem to be dropping lvl 45 or 46 lvl weapons right now ... unfortunately, I can not pick them up. I have around 42 slots of my available 27 filled with awesome weapons I don't seem to want to give up ... So it won't let me trade for the items I'm currently using. :-(

TonkaToys
11-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Sorry if I'm a bit behind on the conversation, but I read this about an X-Box "germ" that kills off characters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20136922

xMisFitToyx
11-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Sorry if I'm a bit behind on the conversation, but I read this about an X-Box "germ" that kills off characters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20136922

I haven't heard of any MP'ers on the XBOX side playing this. But, None the less. This is good information for them.

xMisFitToyx
11-02-2012, 08:15 AM
THIS GAME IS CRACK.

I am seriously addicted to it.

That is all ........

Gink
11-02-2012, 09:12 PM
THIS GAME IS CRACK.

I am seriously addicted to it.

That is all ........

Seriously. I keep thinking I might play some BF3 or a different game since its been a while... But BL2 is already in there and I just end up playing that. I'm not sure it has come out of the PS3 since 9/18.

Had to spend a bunch of time yesterday transferring items between my different characters and doing inventory cleanup. Nice to be able to pass stuff to different chars, but it mostly leads to me hoarding even more stuff. Would be nice of inventories eventually get bigger, was nice getting to 42 slots in the first game.

We are only level 40 on our first chars, but if anything we are even more cracked out on TVHM than the first playthrough! We've picked up some nice weapons, though I'm sure we'll need new ones in a couple levels.

Even at lvl 30ish the cursed pirates sucked, not looking forward to facing them again.

xMisFitToyx
11-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Seriously. I keep thinking I might play some BF3 or a different game since its been a while... But BL2 is already in there and I just end up playing that. I'm not sure it has come out of the PS3 since 9/18.

Had to spend a bunch of time yesterday transferring items between my different characters and doing inventory cleanup. Nice to be able to pass stuff to different chars, but it mostly leads to me hoarding even more stuff. Would be nice of inventories eventually get bigger, was nice getting to 42 slots in the first game.

We are only level 40 on our first chars, but if anything we are even more cracked out on TVHM than the first playthrough! We've picked up some nice weapons, though I'm sure we'll need new ones in a couple levels.

Even at lvl 30ish the cursed pirates sucked, not looking forward to facing them again.

WOOT!!!

Got to level 50 and decided to take on Terramorphous (Solo).

Took me about 1 1/2 hours of trying .... BUT, I Killed Him.

Now, the only thing I need to do for the PLAT is to Gunzerk for 90 seconds. I'm leveling my Gunzerker up to level 25 (to make it easier) ... then the PLAT is mine ... ALL MINE .... MIIIIIIIIIINNNNNEEEE!!!!!!!

NEXT UP .... Hyperion The Invinceable

Once I get the PLAT, I think I'm going to take a few days off from gaming ... and wallow in my accomplishment. :-D

xMisFitToyx
11-04-2012, 11:17 PM
BOO-YAH!!! .... BORDERLANDS 2 PLAT!!!! https://a.pfcdn.net/site/t/psn_trophy_icons_small/76/71/76712.png

I'm taking a couple of days off from gaming ... this one wore me out. :-)

Gink
11-05-2012, 11:11 AM
BOO-YAH!!! .... BORDERLANDS 2 PLAT!!!! https://a.pfcdn.net/site/t/psn_trophy_icons_small/76/71/76712.png

Damn man, you've been busy. Congrats on the Plat!

xMisFitToyx
11-05-2012, 12:43 PM

Shout Out to Ped_Xing for the "Slayer of Terramorphous" class mod and the "Conference Call" shotty.

For, without these items .... Killing Terramorphous would not have been possible. THX.

xMisFitToyx
11-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Since I have capped out @ lvl 50 with my main character ... I'm going to put it on the back burner until more dlc comes out. I don't want to waste possible XP (for when they raise the lvl cap), by continuing to play. I may farm for some better weapons, and I will play this with my daughter (we have a seperate playthrough in progress).
In the meantime, I have downloaded all the DLC for Borderlands, and I am going to be playing through it ... on my way to my next Platinum trophy.

xMisFitToyx
11-12-2012, 09:29 AM
OK, I know I said I was going to put this game on the back burner. But, I went ahead and finished my TVHM playthrough. My daughter Courtney and I, are also about finished with our playthrough (playthrough 3 for me). I have also completed the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned of the Borderlands (1) DLC and started General Knox's Secret Armory.
I'm hoping someone else here needs a little help with Hyperious then Master Gee. I was able to kill 1 of Hyperious's minions and knock out about 1/4 of his health. But, I think he is going to be impossible solo. (for me)

Gink
11-12-2012, 12:45 PM
OK, I know I said I was going to put this game on the back burner. But, I went ahead and finished my TVHM playthrough. My daughter Courtney and I, are also about finished with our playthrough (playthrough 3 for me). I have also completed the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned of the Borderlands (1) DLC and started General Knox's Secret Armory.
I'm hoping someone else here needs a little help with Hyperious then Master Gee. I was able to kill 1 of Hyperious's minions and knock out about 1/4 of his health. But, I think he is going to be impossible solo. (for me)

I'll let you know if we find we need some extra firepower when we get that far. Haven't gotten much play time in lately. Currently only level 44 in TVHM, so haven't taken on any invincibles yet.

Gink
11-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Shift codes from Facebook today. Checked Twitter, but they just mentioned the FB codes and "More from other channels in coming days."

PC SHiFT Code: WTCJ3-SHH3K-KFJT3-JBJ3J-H5965
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: 5JWTJ-JCSSC-6S6TX-5RBTJ-9RZBJ
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: 5BWJB-W5F5J-JKKWT-9JWJT-KCZ99

Borlaxx
11-14-2012, 03:04 PM
Can somebody tell me how the hell you get a gold key to open the box near the fast travel post in Sanctuary?

xMisFitToyx
11-16-2012, 09:41 AM
Fight for Your Loot in Borderlands 2’s Torgue DLC --- Available for download November 20th

by Andrew Goldfarb November 16, 2012

Borderlands 2’s second expansion -- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage -- will launch on November 20th. Like Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty before it, Campaign of Carnage offers new areas for players to explore, three new achievements, a new currency and plenty of new missions for players level 15 or higher, with enemies scaled to your level.

The basic story of Campaign of Carnage revolves around a new vault discovered in Pandora, buried in the center of a large crater that will only open “once the champion of Pandora feeds it the blood of the ultimate coward.” Your introduction to Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage comes via Mr. Torgue himself, screaming at you like a terrifying mix of Hulk Hogan and Macho Man Randy Savage with a deep love for explosions.

As Mr. Torgue describes the new vault, “we at the Torgue Corporation sincerely believe this is f**king awesome -- so awesome that we're going to set up a tournament to find this number one badass.” That tournament takes place in an arena that will serve as the centerpiece of the expansion, built around the Badass Crater of Badassitude where the vault is buried. You’ll need a sponsor to participate, and one of the first new characters you’ll meet is Piston, a scarily-large brawler with engine pistons for hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaLJ0UMNHLg

Sitting down to play the Campaign of Carnage, it’s obvious that Gearbox intends this expansion to be played by its most hardcore players. Torgue’s campaign mixes Borderlands 2’s typical mission structure with the Circles of Slaughter seen in the main game, using horde mode-style battles to punctuate story missions throughout its running time, which is roughly the same as the previous expansion.

Like in Pirate’s Booty, enemies have been replaced by new versions related to the theme -- Marauders become bikers, Goliaths become Enforcers -- but Campaign of Carnage has plenty of new enemies to offer as well. The expansion includes multiple bosses, like Pyro Pete (a surprisingly lassez-faire flamethrowing psychopath), Motor Mama (a “rather buxom lady on a motorcycle with twin sidecars” according to concept designer Scott Kester), and Badassaurus Rex (a “big crazy Torgue-themed robotic dinosaur breathing fire”).

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/11/badassaurus-rex-copyjpg-70eb72_800w-610x353.jpg
Badassaurus Rex isn't very friendly.

According to Kester, the expansion is built around “the culture of combat,” and it’s not shy about exploring it. Playing the first hour, it’s clear that you’ll be fighting. A lot. The only ones fighting more than you are your various enemies, who are just as likely to hurt each other as they are to attack you. Combat doesn’t become too repetitive, though. Aside from the story missions and arena bouts, you’ll come across an additional Circle of Slaughter in a bar brawl early on, and even when you do revisit the main arena you’ll encounter different combat scenarios each time.

As for that new currency, unique vending machines spread throughout the Campaign of Carnage’s new areas will only accept Torgue Tokens, which you’ll have to scavenge from killed enemies. Each machine features a selection of badass Torgue guns and always offers a legendary weapon in the Item of the Day slot. Campaign of Carnage will also feature some familiar faces, including Tannis, Moxxi and even Tiny Tina, who Kester says has “her own thoughts about sponsorship.” Tina will also offer a new subset of weapons, and based on her affinity for explosions it’s not hard to guess what they’ll do.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/11/687787450jpg-5a8043_800w1-610x381.jpg
Mr. Torgue really loves carnage.

Looking ahead, Gearbox says it’s already thinking about the next downloadable content. Eventually, the developer has plans to raise Borderlands 2’s level cap, but not in the way you might expect. “We’re discussing trying to do it in a more interesting way,” Gearbox vice president of marketing Steve Gibson told IGN. “We think people are going to be really happy when we do get to it. It’s a little bit different way of doing it. Yes, the number will go up, but there are some other things associated with it that we’re trying to do an even better job of.”

Like Pirate’s Booty, Campaign of Carnage will be available for $9.99, or as part of the $29.99 Season Pass that includes access to four Borderlands 2 expansions through June 2013. Stay tuned to IGN for a full review of Campaign of Carnage in the coming week, but until then find everything you need to know about Pandora in our Borderlands 2 wiki.

Link: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/16/fight-for-your-loot-in-borderlands-2s-torgue-dlc

Gink
11-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Can somebody tell me how the hell you get a gold key to open the box near the fast travel post in Sanctuary?

You can get gold keys by entering "Shift Codes" under Extras in the main menu. You have to sign up for Borderlands Shift Club or whatever it's called, then Gearbox randomly releases codes now and again through Facebook and Twitter. Usually someone here finds them and posts them in this thread. I think most are only good for a limited time, so most of the codes that are in this thread have probably already expired. I posted some the other day though that I don't recall any specific expiration, so it might be worth trying out to see if it still works. You may also get at least one key just for signing up for Shift, not sure.

xMisFitToyx
11-19-2012, 08:33 AM

I've been busier .....

Just got my Borderlands (1) PLAT!!! WOOT!!!

PLAT #5

Gink
11-19-2012, 09:16 PM
I've been busier .....

PLAT #5

Lol. You're a crazy man! I played the first game consistently for over a year, but never really played SP or got to all the characters to get all trophies. Did you use the splitscreen trick to level up 1 while you played the other? I've got Mordecai at lvl69 and Roland at 42. Might he close enough to platinum to give it a go. I know I at least already have the "Italian Plumber" trophy for jumping on an enemy's head til they die. Took forever to jump a zombie to death.

johnnyh1976
11-20-2012, 08:41 AM
I've been busier .....

PLAT #5

Nice work Misfit. I have to get back to Pandora...too many games not enough time.

xMisFitToyx
11-20-2012, 08:59 AM
Lol. You're a crazy man! I played the first game consistently for over a year, but never really played SP or got to all the characters to get all trophies. Did you use the splitscreen trick to level up 1 while you played the other? I've got Mordecai at lvl69 and Roland at 42. Might he close enough to platinum to give it a go. I know I at least already have the "Italian Plumber" trophy for jumping on an enemy's head til they die. Took forever to jump a zombie to death.

Unlike Borderlands 2. I really didn't need to level up my other characters past (maybe) level 7, which could be done in about 1/2 hour of regular play.

Looks like most of the trophies you need for plat, can be obtained in about 1 hour of play. You can join a co-op game with me to get "and they will tell two friends" trophy.

I did get the Braaaaaaaains trophy for the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned DLC. That one was fun. :-)

BTW ... I'm getting a little annoyed having to do the Mission for "Marcus" over and over again, where you have to kill Knox and raid his armory again .... over and over and over. I think that is a cheap way of extending the DLC.

Oh, here. I'll give you one more chance to kill General Knox and raid his armory again. Oh, here. I'll give you one more chance to kill General Knox and raid his armory again. Oh, here. I'll give you one more chance to kill General Knox and raid his armory again.

xMisFitToyx
11-20-2012, 09:04 AM
Nice work Misfit. I have to get back to Pandora...too many games not enough time.

Same here.

I just decided that the Borderlands series is so much fun, that I would just burn myself out on them and leave everything else for a later date.

SouthtownSlayer
11-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Looks like you have more work MFT!!

"Hello vault hunters! With the recently announced expansion Mr. Torgue’s Campaign Of Carnage just a few hours away from being available for everyone, Gearbox Software has released a new “Compatibility Pack” in order to prepare for tomorrow’s DLC.

Upon downloading this free compatibility pack – about 219 MB – You will be able to play online with other vault hunters who have purchased Mr.Torgue’s Campaign Of Carnage DLC and have earned any loot or head skins which are rewarded in it without having your platform crash, even if you don’t plan on buying Mr. Torgue’s Campain Of Carnage.

Get to prove how much of a bad-ass you are in Mr. Torgue’s Campaign Of Carnage, releasing tomorrow, November 20th for the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360. If you have the Borderlands 2 season pass purchased, this DLC will be available at no extra cost once it’s available. For those who don’t, this expansion DLC will set you back $9.99 USD or 800 Microsoft Points."

Courtesy of MP1st.com

Gink
11-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Whew. We marathoned campaign of carnage friday. Were level 48 to start and hit 50 pretty quick. Wish they'd extend the level cap. Enjoyed this DLC more than the last, though the number of timed missions was a bit annoying. Still have some of the timed challenges tier 3 to do eventually.

Started the DLC with about $1.3 mil and ended with about $100k, due partly to death, but more to rats in the bar stealing 1/4 of our money at a time and paying $12k for 3 grenades and $30k for 12 rockets. Seemed like it always cost more to replenish ammo after a mission than the $ we got for completing the mission. A lot different from the first game where we had maxed $ pretty fast and could never imagine running low.

Torgue tokens are a bit disappointing, by the time we had enough to buy any decent weapons we'd already found equal or better weapons than what's in the machines.

Overall this was a better way to do an arena style DLC than Moxxi's Underdome, except for timed battles, and it doesn't seem to have any arenas you can just return to anytime to have a brawl.

xMisFitToyx
11-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Whew. We marathoned campaign of carnage friday. Were level 48 to start and hit 50 pretty quick. Wish they'd extend the level cap. Enjoyed this DLC more than the last, though the number of timed missions was a bit annoying. Still have some of the timed challenges tier 3 to do eventually.

Started the DLC with about $1.3 mil and ended with about $100k, due partly to death, but more to rats in the bar stealing 1/4 of our money at a time and paying $12k for 3 grenades and $30k for 12 rockets. Seemed like it always cost more to replenish ammo after a mission than the $ we got for completing the mission. A lot different from the first game where we had maxed $ pretty fast and could never imagine running low.

Torgue tokens are a bit disappointing, by the time we had enough to buy any decent weapons we'd already found equal or better weapons than what's in the machines.

Overall this was a better way to do an arena style DLC than Moxxi's Underdome, except for timed battles, and it doesn't seem to have any arenas you can just return to anytime to have a brawl.

I haven't been able to kill Pyro Pete (#2) yet. If you want tons of cash and plenty of Torgue Tokens .... just keep doing the bar tier 3 over and over again. I think it must be limitless. I drop all of my extra weapons, and after the fight ... I collect all of the extra weapons and shields and sell them and collect all the Torgue Tokens.

I think the Flyboy tier 3 is also limitless.

Black_Out_424
11-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Excited I found Borderlands 2 on a black Friday sale!! Dont get it till Christmas but can not wait to play.

xMisFitToyx
11-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Excited I found Borderlands 2 on a black Friday sale!! Dont get it till Christmas but can not wait to play.

NICE!!!

See you on Pandora.

johnnyh1976
11-26-2012, 03:36 PM
I really have to get playing this again....so many games, not enough time. I downloaded the first DLC......where do you go to start this package.....and is it side story based or do you need to complete the main story first...really want to get into some pirate booty.....Wow, that almost sounds dirty.

Gink
11-26-2012, 04:41 PM
I haven't been able to kill Pyro Pete (#2) yet. If you want tons of cash and plenty of Torgue Tokens .... just keep doing the bar tier 3 over and over again. I think it must be limitless. I drop all of my extra weapons, and after the fight ... I collect all of the extra weapons and shields and sell them and collect all the Torgue Tokens.

I think the Flyboy tier 3 is also limitless.

Nice. We haven't finished up any tier 3's yet except maybe the main arena brawl. Since we just hit 50 while doing the DLC we haven't taken on any of the "Impossible" fights. Will probably jump back to PT1 and start with Terramorphous and go one from there before trying Pyro Pete #2.

I thought the Bar Brawl challenge was a lot of fun, but we really struggled to clear the place out in 3 minutes. With 2 of us playing there are a lot of enemies. Haven't tried it since our first visit to the bar though, so might fare better next time since we've surely gotten some better equipment since then.

xMisFitToyx
11-27-2012, 09:01 AM
Nice. We haven't finished up any tier 3's yet except maybe the main arena brawl. Since we just hit 50 while doing the DLC we haven't taken on any of the "Impossible" fights. Will probably jump back to PT1 and start with Terramorphous and go one from there before trying Pyro Pete #2.

I thought the Bar Brawl challenge was a lot of fun, but we really struggled to clear the place out in 3 minutes. With 2 of us playing there are a lot of enemies. Haven't tried it since our first visit to the bar though, so might fare better next time since we've surely gotten some better equipment since then.

You don't have to clear everyone out of the bar. You only have to kill ALL of the Badass Enemies. The problem with that is, they usually don't spawn until half of your time has elapsed.

I have decided to go for 100% completion on Borderlands.

Gink
11-27-2012, 11:17 AM
You don't have to clear everyone out of the bar. You only have to kill ALL of the Badass Enemies. The problem with that is, they usually don't spawn until half of your time has elapsed.

I have decided to go for 100% completion on Borderlands.

That's right, forgot its only the badasses. We didn't really focus on them, so maybe that'll help speed things up. I've noticed that about some of the timed stuff where it seems a lot of time is lost just waiting for enemies to spawn.

xMisFitToyx
11-27-2012, 11:37 AM
I really have to get playing this again....so many games, not enough time. I downloaded the first DLC......where do you go to start this package.....and is it side story based or do you need to complete the main story first...really want to get into some pirate booty.....Wow, that almost sounds dirty.

@ the fast travel stations ... look for Oasis ... that is how you get there. Have FUN!!!

theczech99
11-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Still $25 for PS3 copy on Amazon but I'm not sure how long it will stay that price.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0050SX9VO/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new (http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0050SX9VO/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new)

johnnyh1976
11-27-2012, 06:27 PM
@ the fast travel stations ... look for Oasis ... that is how you get there. Have FUN!!!

Thanks Misfit. Going to use the DLC as fodder to rank up my character to make some of the main story missions a little easier. Just about crapped myself laughing at Handsome Jack's diologue on one of the Mad Moxxi side quests...."You know what I'm talking about don't you?....You do know what I'm talking about...right?".....priceless.

xMisFitToyx
11-28-2012, 08:58 AM
Thanks Misfit. Going to use the DLC as fodder to rank up my character to make some of the main story missions a little easier. Just about crapped myself laughing at Handsome Jack's diologue on one of the Mad Moxxi side quests...."You know what I'm talking about don't you?....You do know what I'm talking about...right?".....priceless.

Too Funny!!! :-D

I was able to farm MINAC (For 4 Hours) last night, to get all of the collectible items for the trophies in the Borderlands (1) Claptrap DLC. Then I started Moxxi's Underdome and completed all of the smaller arenas. 25 waves are not too bad. Looks like the Larger arenas will have at least 100 waves. :eek: :whoo: :rockon (2):

Gink
11-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Too Funny!!! :-D

I was able to farm MINAC (For 4 Hours) last night, to get all of the collectible items for the trophies in the Borderlands (1) Claptrap DLC. Then I started Moxxi's Underdome and completed all of the smaller arenas. 25 waves are not too bad. Looks like the Larger arenas will have at least 100 waves. :eek: :whoo: :rockon (2):

Yeah, we only ever did a couple of the 20 round arenas. I think the first time we did one it took us an entire afternoon/evening to finish. They way they set it up so if you die you get knocked back a round is brutal. If I recall our first time we got to round 17, died, got knocked back to 16, then struggled with rounds 16 and 17 for quite some time til finally pausing, taking a break and coming back to finish it off. All it takes is bad luck with what "effects" you get for a wave (no shields + vampire health drain on badass AND boss waves?!?!?!) and you can quickly find yourself having to fight back through 9 waves you previously completed.

xMisFitToyx
11-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Yeah, we only ever did a couple of the 20 round arenas. I think the first time we did one it took us an entire afternoon/evening to finish. They way they set it up so if you die you get knocked back a round is brutal. If I recall our first time we got to round 17, died, got knocked back to 16, then struggled with rounds 16 and 17 for quite some time til finally pausing, taking a break and coming back to finish it off. All it takes is bad luck with what "effects" you get for a wave (no shields + vampire health drain on badass AND boss waves?!?!?!) and you can quickly find yourself having to fight back through 9 waves you previously completed.

It took me about 1 1/2 hours to complete the smaller arenas (together). I'm thinking 2-3 hours per large arena??????????

If you do the math .... I started @ 8PM last night and quit around 1:30 AM ... 5 1/2 hours on this game last night!!!!!

I played through Borderlands before my birthday ... Mid September. Since then (Except for 2 days playing MOH:Warfighter) I have pretty much, only played these 2 games. I'm Hooked .... AND I'm not tired of playing them.

I am going to need some help with the Invincibles ... Hint, Hint.

Gink
11-28-2012, 02:43 PM
It took me about 1 1/2 hours to complete the smaller arenas (together). I'm thinking 2-3 hours per large arena??????????

If you do the math .... I started @ 8PM last night and quit around 1:30 AM ... 5 1/2 hours on this game last night!!!!!

I played through Borderlands before my birthday ... Mid September. Since then (Except for 2 days playing MOH:Warfighter) I have pretty much, only played these 2 games. I'm Hooked .... AND I'm not tired of playing them.

I am going to need some help with the Invincibles ... Hint, Hint.

We haven't even attempted the Invincibles yet. We may need some help as well. We never managed to beat Crawmerax in General Knoxx, so we are a bit intimidated. Though the only Chars we got to high enough level in 1 were Mordecai and Lillith, I think if we finished levelling Roland/Brick we could possibly take him down.

Seems like we've mostly just been getting back to Pandora on the weekend here and there. Was nice to have a long weekend for new DLC. I haven't touched my solo playthroughs in a while though. Got sucked back into BF3, which has been more enjoyable after not playing for a few months, and so far I'm liking the Aftermath DLC. Of course also got Dishonored on Monday, since it was on sale for Black Friday, so now my game time is torn between those 2. We'll be playing Bordlerlands 2 for a long time though, just not as much lately as the first 2 months it was out.

xMisFitToyx
11-28-2012, 04:28 PM
We haven't even attempted the Invincibles yet. We may need some help as well. We never managed to beat Crawmerax in General Knoxx, so we are a bit intimidated. Though the only Chars we got to high enough level in 1 were Mordecai and Lillith, I think if we finished levelling Roland/Brick we could possibly take him down.

Seems like we've mostly just been getting back to Pandora on the weekend here and there. Was nice to have a long weekend for new DLC. I haven't touched my solo playthroughs in a while though. Got sucked back into BF3, which has been more enjoyable after not playing for a few months, and so far I'm liking the Aftermath DLC. Of course also got Dishonored on Monday, since it was on sale for Black Friday, so now my game time is torn between those 2. We'll be playing Bordlerlands 2 for a long time though, just not as much lately as the first 2 months it was out.

Wow!!! .... I didn't even know the Aftermath Map pack was out. Well, I guess since I have the Premier Membership, I will download and play it a little.

Gink
11-28-2012, 11:01 PM
Wow!!! .... I didn't even know the Aftermath Map pack was out. Well, I guess since I have the Premier Membership, I will download and play it a little.

Haha yeah, come join the chaos! It's a bit challenging at first to readjust after getting used to Borderlands, but it comes back pretty fast.

xMisFitToyx
11-29-2012, 08:56 AM
Haha yeah, come join the chaos! It's a bit challenging at first to readjust after getting used to Borderlands, but it comes back pretty fast.

Yeah ... I tried the BFBC2 night over the weekend and felt like an idiot. I use a completely different controller setup between Borderlands and BFBC2. :frusty:

I downloaded Aftermath last night ... I'll prolly check it out tonight.

Gink
11-29-2012, 11:13 AM
Yeah ... I tried the BFBC2 night over the weekend and felt like an idiot. I use a completely different controller setup between Borderlands and BFBC2. :frusty:

I downloaded Aftermath last night ... I'll prolly check it out tonight.

Yeah, I used to have that problem all the time switching back and forth when we were playing the first Borderlands with scope/fire on L2/R2. I'd pop in for some battlefield and start dropping nades all over. Was pretty happy when 2 gave us "normal" trigger buttons. Of course my first rounds back on BF3 I kept trying to crouch with circle and would jump back into vehicles mid repair. But not as bad as after cracking out on skyrim for 300 hours then hitting the battlefield and trying to vault over walls with triangle. End up pulling out my sidearm and running smack into obstacles.

xMisFitToyx
11-30-2012, 08:49 AM

IT TOOK ME 4 1/2 HOURS to complete the Gully Large Arena ..... OMFG!!!!

100 waves @ approx 2.75 minutes per wave. :frusty:

I only have 2 more arenas to complete. The worst thing is, is you get no XP for playing these arenas!!! ... So I'm not ranking up.

Gink
11-30-2012, 01:48 PM
IT TOOK ME 4 1/2 HOURS to complete the Gully Large Arena ..... OMFG!!!!

100 waves @ approx 2.75 minutes per wave. :frusty:

I only have 2 more arenas to complete. The worst thing is, is you get no XP for playing these arenas!!! ... So I'm not ranking up.

Mhmm. I think that's still less time than it took us :) But yeah, between the time and no XP that's why we never finished all of them.

We spent about 1.5 hours last night trying to finish Bar Room Blitz tier 3. Just can't seem to get the Badasses to all spawn in time. Can kill them easy enough. A little slag and they go down in a couple shots, but we could never get more than 4 to spawn in 2:30, dunno what we are doing wrong. I was determined we could do it, but the wife got totally frustrated with it, especially since the Rat Bastards kept stealing our money, so even with cash drops and loot we'd be lucky to come out even after each round and weren't really gaining anything. Guess we should probably go back to TVHM of the main story and try for better loot from bosses until we are well enough equipped.

xMisFitToyx
11-30-2012, 01:57 PM
Mhmm. I think that's still less time than it took us :) But yeah, between the time and no XP that's why we never finished all of them.

We spent about 1.5 hours last night trying to finish Bar Room Blitz tier 3. Just can't seem to get the Badasses to all spawn in time. Can kill them easy enough. A little slag and they go down in a couple shots, but we could never get more than 4 to spawn in 2:30, dunno what we are doing wrong. I was determined we could do it, but the wife got totally frustrated with it, especially since the Rat Bastards kept stealing our money, so even with cash drops and loot we'd be lucky to come out even after each round and weren't really gaining anything. Guess we should probably go back to TVHM of the main story and try for better loot from bosses until we are well enough equipped.

I have an Infinity Pistol, 2 Conference Calls (1 Shock and 1 Incindiary) and a Bee Sheild you can borrow (All lvl 50), if it will help.
The Freakin Infinity Pistol is Bad Ass at its finest. Pull The Trigger and that thing fires an endless round of Hellfire on the enemies. Never reload / Never run out of ammo.

I think you have to thin out the rest of the bar before they start spawning.

Gink
12-01-2012, 03:15 PM
I have an Infinity Pistol, 2 Conference Calls (1 Shock and 1 Incindiary) and a Bee Sheild you can borrow (All lvl 50), if it will help.
The Freakin Infinity Pistol is Bad Ass at its finest. Pull The Trigger and that thing fires an endless round of Hellfire on the enemies. Never reload / Never run out of ammo.

I think you have to thin out the rest of the bar before they start spawning.

Yeah, we have some decent guns, but nothing of that caliber. Since we just hit lvl 50 we should probably go back and take on some of the main game bosses and such and get our gear up to spec.
I think you're right about thinning out the baddies before badasses spawn. I read some tips here and there and lots of folks said you can just ignore the other guys and focus on the badasses, but I don't think it works that way. Our original strategy was to just start upstairs, I have 2 turrets, toss one down, toss another downstairs, throw some grenades and brawl it out. Doing that we kept getting 4 badasses down and the 5th would pop up right as time ran out. I looked up tips and we started ignoring the downstairs bar area entirely and just going upstairs and into the back room where badasses spawn, ignored non badass enemies and it seemed like we'd only get 2-3 badasses to spawn in time. So we really probably just need the equipment to wipe everyone out faster. No worries, gives us a reason to go back to the main story and keep playing these characters even though they aren't levelling up anymore.

We've got to hunt a tree today, and do other holiday stuff with the kids, but hopefully will have time to play this weekend. I'm totally hooked on Dishonored and Aftermath right now, but we've hardly played since marathoning the DLC last weekend and am starting to miss it.

xMisFitToyx
12-03-2012, 09:05 AM
I hit lvl 62 on Borderlands (1). I played through General Knoxx's on PT2 and you get some seriously crazy XP. I went from lvl 53 to lvl 61 on just that playthrough. I'm on PT 2.5 on Knoxx's now, and I have the Arena battles to do. That should get me enough XP (hopefully) to get to maybe lvl 65-66 .... then I'm going after Crawmerax on PT1. then 2 Large Arenas in Moxxi's and I will have 100%

:-) WOOT!!!

Gink
12-03-2012, 03:23 PM
I hit lvl 62 on Borderlands (1). I played through General Knoxx's on PT2 and you get some seriously crazy XP. I went from lvl 53 to lvl 61 on just that playthrough. I'm on PT 2.5 on Knoxx's now, and I have the Arena battles to do. That should get me enough XP (hopefully) to get to maybe lvl 65-66 .... then I'm going after Crawmerax on PT1. then 2 Large Arenas in Moxxi's and I will have 100%

:-) WOOT!!!

Nice!

xMisFitToyx
12-07-2012, 08:52 AM
I Killed Crawmerax!!!!

I got myself some AWESOME Loot from him. :-)

I finished ALL of the General Knoxx DLC ... All I have left for 100% of Borderlands is to complete my last 2 Large Arenas on Mad Moxxi's and I will have 100%.

I will retire Borderlands when I get 100% .... Then its on to Bioshock for my SP gaming and I am going to get in some MP game time with you guys on MOH: Warfighter and BF3.

Gink
12-07-2012, 02:36 PM
I Killed Crawmerax!!!!

I got myself some AWESOME Loot from him. :-)

I finished ALL of the General Knoxx DLC ... All I have left for 100% of Borderlands is to complete my last 2 Large Arenas on Mad Moxxi's and I will have 100%.

I will retire Borderlands when I get 100% .... Then its on to Bioshock for my SP gaming and I am going to get in some MP game time with you guys on MOH: Warfighter and BF3.

Congrats man. Now, how the hell did you kill him? We tried a few times with lvl69 Mordecai/Lillith combo, and never seemed to get close. Pretty sure we'd already looted the armory a dozen times by that point too, so had decent weapons.

xMisFitToyx
12-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Congrats man. Now, how the hell did you kill him? We tried a few times with lvl69 Mordecai/Lillith combo, and never seemed to get close. Pretty sure we'd already looted the armory a dozen times by that point too, so had decent weapons.

I did hang out on the left ledge a bit (but not the whole time) here is the text of my post @ playfire.com

It took me several attempts. I play as the Siren. I reset all my abilities to shorten my special ability cool down time and lengthen its duration. The heal part of phasewalking saved me several times, although I hung out on the ledge in the supposed "Safe" spot, I was still getting attacked and hurt. I had to leave the ledge to be able to get the spot on his back.

Shield Approx 2850 with 366 recharge rate. Health is around 1300. I used a catalyst relic which gives me 26% faster cooldown rate and 30% corrosive resistance. My sniper rifle (that I used on Crawmerax) is the "Volcano" (I got it from Knoxx's Armory) 986 damage with 4x Fire damage (I don't think the fire aspect helped ... I only saw 0's in orange). For the maggots, I used SMG's 1 with Shock Damage, 1 with Fire Damage and 1 with corrosive damage. The SMG's ranged from approx 134 to 169 damage all with 4x elemental damage (and they were VERY effective). All of the SMG's had a fire rate above 10.

xMisFitToyx
12-09-2012, 01:37 PM
WOOT!!!

Borderlands (1) 100%

donhardeone
12-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Did anyone else catch the VGAs and see Claptrap's acceptance speech for Character of the Year? Hilarious.

xMisFitToyx
12-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Did anyone else catch the VGAs and see Claptrap's acceptance speech for Character of the Year? Hilarious.

I'll look for it on Youtube. I think CL4P-TP is hillarious.

Gink
12-10-2012, 03:34 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GE24TPoWg0

Awesome!!

Gink
12-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Looks like the Creature Slaughter Dome is now available to anyone for $4.99
Apparently it's not included in the Season Pass though.

Gink
12-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Just remembered something from Torgue DLC that I'd forgotten to ask. When we fought the big mechanical dinosaur thing to become #1 badass, Torgue announces "It's time for a Lootsplosion!!!" but there was no loot. Also thought the whole dlc was about another vault... But there was no vault at the end??? We haven't finished all side quests, but finished the main mission and it was anti-climactic and not rewarding. Wonder if it was a bug or if we missed something. Did anyone else get a Lootsplosion or vault opening after killing piston or the dinosaur thing?

xMisFitToyx
12-15-2012, 07:41 PM
Just remembered something from Torgue DLC that I'd forgotten to ask. When we fought the big mechanical dinosaur thing to become #1 badass, Torgue announces "It's time for a Lootsplosion!!!" but there was no loot. Also thought the whole dlc was about another vault... But there was no vault at the end??? We haven't finished all side quests, but finished the main mission and it was anti-climactic and not rewarding. Wonder if it was a bug or if we missed something. Did anyone else get a Lootsplosion or vault opening after killing piston or the dinosaur thing?

I haven't been able to beat Pyro Pete (#2) .... Like Master Gee (you have to kill Hyperious to get his mission), I'm wondering if you have to kill him to progress .....

I might look for vids online :-P

xMisFitToyx
12-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Next DLC out January 15th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O41mEar44zY

Ullrsdog
01-02-2013, 01:00 PM
have yet to buy any DLC's considering I am still trying to tackle the side missions and main story in vanilla...but this game has me hooked. I got it just before Christmas (12/23) and I think in the last 9 days I have only played BF3 for a few hours...maybe 5-8 total, and considering I usually get in 2-3 hours on that each day when I am not on vacaction that really is saying something. Any way I'd like to say thanks to Ped Xing for helping me get through a few missions and for hooking me up with a few toys.

Trying to run through with the siren first and she is reminding me of the guy on that game...I just can't remember the name...you were either good or bad and used electricity as your weapon...anyway having fun and completely addicted.

xMisFitToyx
01-02-2013, 01:09 PM
have yet to buy any DLC's considering I am still trying to tackle the side missions and main story in vanilla...but this game has me hooked. I got it just before Christmas (12/23) and I think in the last 9 days I have only played BF3 for a few hours...maybe 5-8 total, and considering I usually get in 2-3 hours on that each day when I am not on vacaction that really is saying something. Any way I'd like to say thanks to Ped Xing for helping me get through a few missions and for hooking me up with a few toys.

Trying to run through with the siren first and she is reminding me of the guy on that game...I just can't remember the name...you were either good or bad and used electricity as your weapon...anyway having fun and completely addicted.

Cole ... From Infamous / Infamous 2

Borderlands 2 IS great ... No need in buying the DLC until you beat the game. Once you "Beat" the game ... you can finish any side missions then play it again, with another character ... or play it in TVHM (True Vault Hunter Mode) then go for Terramorphous.

Ullrsdog
01-02-2013, 04:06 PM
BAM Infamous...dang I couldn't think of that for the life of me.

I think I will just take it a day at a time but right now I have to set limits for myself or I'll end up playing for 12 hours straight...

xMisFitToyx
01-02-2013, 04:12 PM
BAM Infamous...dang I couldn't think of that for the life of me.

I think I will just take it a day at a time but right now I have to set limits for myself or I'll end up playing for 12 hours straight...

Been there ... done that :tongue:

Gink
01-22-2013, 11:12 AM
Been enjoying the new DLC, the enemies in this one are a pretty good change of pace. Would have been nice to get a level cap increase or more backpack/bank space, but the warriors and witch doctors make for some great brawls and so far there haven't been a bunch of frustrating timed/repeated missions like Torgue's had.

xMisFitToyx
01-22-2013, 11:28 AM
Been enjoying the new DLC, the enemies in this one are a pretty good change of pace. Would have been nice to get a level cap increase or more backpack/bank space, but the warriors and witch doctors make for some great brawls and so far there haven't been a bunch of frustrating timed/repeated missions like Torgue's had.

I don't know if you noticed ... But, they nerfed the invicibles to where you can beat them solo. I beat Hyperious and Master Gee last night and I'm going to kick Pete's ass tonight. :tongue:

Gink
01-22-2013, 12:09 PM
I don't know if you noticed ... But, they nerfed the invicibles to where you can beat them solo. I beat Hyperious and Master Gee last night and I'm going to kick Pete's ass tonight. :tongue:

No, still haven't messed with the invincibles. The wife always seems to have something else she'd rather do, and my highest character I play solo is lvl27. Been trying to get in more solo time so I can get through PT1, spend time searching/farming rare loot, good to know I can fight invincibles solo now once I get there. Just have too much going on these days, and a handful of SP games I'm in the middle of so my progress has been slow. Mostly get to Borderlands when the wife wants to play, and she's mostly just interested in taking our first lvl50s out to the new DLC. I'm a little bored with Axton and want to get back to leveling up my Zeros. Have a melee badass zero that I play solo, and a sniping fool zero I just started playing with, both are a lot of fun.

Gink
01-27-2013, 11:16 PM
We pretty much finished up the new DLC this weekend. It was a bit shorter than expected, but I really enjoyed most of it. At the end though we ran into some enemies we just couldn't beat.

There's a stalker that you have 1 minute kill. I haven't really been fond of the addition of timed missions to borderlands 2, but this thing we couldn't even seem to dent it's shield. Resists elemental damage, shock weapons don't take down the shield. Couldn't touch it so we haven't even gone after the "Invincible" stalker quest we got later.

Super Badass Witch Doctor. Barely takes damage, refills health constantly. Turns into a tornado which immediately destroyed my turret and more than once sent me flying into an abyss to die. Can't phaselock him or anything. We eventually ran past him to get to the end.

The loot at the end was awesome, but I still am starting to feel like DLC is only catering to folks who farm rare weapons. And sure, good to give those folks something challenging, but don't think non "Invincible" enemies should be impossible for regular lvl50s with good weapons from normal loot. When 100K+ damage weapons do no noticeable damage and one hit from the enemy wipes a 50k shield and 40k health it's hard to feel like you just need to try again with a different strategy.

I'm thinking maybe I can get my solo character to lvl50 on first playthrough +dlc then spend TVHM farming rare weapons so we can go back and finish off Torgue's and Hammerlock's hard ass missions.

xMisFitToyx
01-28-2013, 08:51 AM
We pretty much finished up the new DLC this weekend. It was a bit shorter than expected, but I really enjoyed most of it. At the end though we ran into some enemies we just couldn't beat.

There's a stalker that you have 1 minute kill. I haven't really been fond of the addition of timed missions to borderlands 2, but this thing we couldn't even seem to dent it's shield. Resists elemental damage, shock weapons don't take down the shield. Couldn't touch it so we haven't even gone after the "Invincible" stalker quest we got later.

Super Badass Witch Doctor. Barely takes damage, refills health constantly. Turns into a tornado which immediately destroyed my turret and more than once sent me flying into an abyss to die. Can't phaselock him or anything. We eventually ran past him to get to the end.

The loot at the end was awesome, but I still am starting to feel like DLC is only catering to folks who farm rare weapons. And sure, good to give those folks something challenging, but don't think non "Invincible" enemies should be impossible for regular lvl50s with good weapons from normal loot. When 100K+ damage weapons do no noticeable damage and one hit from the enemy wipes a 50k shield and 40k health it's hard to feel like you just need to try again with a different strategy.

I'm thinking maybe I can get my solo character to lvl50 on first playthrough +dlc then spend TVHM farming rare weapons so we can go back and finish off Torgue's and Hammerlock's hard ass missions.

Me and my daughter finished it up this weekend as well. What we would do (with the witch doctors) is ... I would let her run up and be a sacrificial lamb to draw them out ... then I would sit back with my best sniper rifle and pick them off (slowly). There were a couple of times we had to make a couple of runs. They didn't really seem to heal themselves if she didn't approach them after she respawned. Now all I have left to do is find a few more animals to kill and I will have all of the side quests completed.

I have a feeling that the animals are going to be like the pink panties, bobble heads, oil cans and fish in a bag.

BTW ... mentioning all of those ... did you notice those items throughout this DLC.

xMisFitToyx
01-28-2013, 09:28 AM
I don't think we would have been able to complete this ... if not for going to Opportunity and using 4 Golden Keys to ramp up our arsenal. We started the DLC at level 35 ... and I think we got to level 37.

When we first started the DLC ... Your first real battle (when you are protecting Hammerlock) .... WE thought "Holy Crap, we will not be able to do this". We were at level 34 ... so I took each one of our characters into games with my level 50 and boosted them up to level 35 ... then we made the trip to Opportunity, got the weapons we needed and (although it was still challenging) we were able to complete the entire DLC.

xMisFitToyx
01-30-2013, 11:31 AM
100% .... Bring on the next DLC :tongue:

Gink
01-30-2013, 08:15 PM
Me and my daughter finished it up this weekend as well. What we would do (with the witch doctors) is ... I would let her run up and be a sacrificial lamb to draw them out ... then I would sit back with my best sniper rifle and pick them off (slowly). There were a couple of times we had to make a couple of runs. They didn't really seem to heal themselves if she didn't approach them after she respawned. Now all I have left to do is find a few more animals to kill and I will have all of the side quests completed.

I have a feeling that the animals are going to be like the pink panties, bobble heads, oil cans and fish in a bag.

BTW ... mentioning all of those ... did you notice those items throughout this DLC.

I mostly played sacrificial lamb, since the wife as siren can revive me from a distance. But is she went down, even throwing a turret to cover us doesn't always buy me the time to revive.

Did you notice at lvl35 what levels the enemies were? At lvl50 they all seem to be lvl50 as well, so when the witch doctor levels them up they gain the little skull on their bar showing they are above your level. I eventually respeced Axton to have the longbow nuke turret and went after witch doctors first. Aside from the one super badass witch doctor we only had trouble in one spot where we got bombarded by spores while fighting multiple with docs and ended up being chased by ultimate badass warriors who we could hardly dent. This was the first time in borderlands where running away became part of our strategy. Lol.

I've mostly been playing solo this week and gathering up loot. I finished up "Pirate's Booty" at lvl34 and noticed Hyperion the Invincible is only shown as lvl30 on pt1 now. Pretty sure he used to be 50 regardless. So may take a shot at soloing his ass.

Did you guys take out the invincible on Hammerlock's? I saw some clips of folks fighting it and it looked pretty crazy. Don't think we have a chance until we are equipped well enough to take out the times stalker fight at least.

We still have quite a few of the rare creatures to kill. I didn't notice any strange item pickups in this one. I remember collecting pizza and panties and such in the claptrap dlc of the first game though.

xMisFitToyx
01-30-2013, 08:35 PM
I mostly played sacrificial lamb, since the wife as siren can revive me from a distance. But is she went down, even throwing a turret to cover us doesn't always buy me the time to revive.

Did you notice at lvl35 what levels the enemies were? At lvl50 they all seem to be lvl50 as well, so when the witch doctor levels them up they gain the little skull on their bar showing they are above your level. I eventually respeced Axton to have the longbow nuke turret and went after witch doctors first. Aside from the one super badass witch doctor we only had trouble in one spot where we got bombarded by spores while fighting multiple with docs and ended up being chased by ultimate badass warriors who we could hardly dent. This was the first time in borderlands where running away became part of our strategy. Lol.

I've mostly been playing solo this week and gathering up loot. I finished up "Pirate's Booty" at lvl34 and noticed Hyperion the Invincible is only shown as lvl30 on pt1 now. Pretty sure he used to be 50 regardless. So may take a shot at soloing his ass.

Did you guys take out the invincible on Hammerlock's? I saw some clips of folks fighting it and it looked pretty crazy. Don't think we have a chance until we are equipped well enough to take out the times stalker fight at least.

We still have quite a few of the rare creatures to kill. I didn't notice any strange item pickups in this one. I remember collecting pizza and panties and such in the claptrap dlc of the first game though.

The items I mentioned, were not available to pick up ... they were just items placed around the maps. We played through on PT1 (not TVHM) so the highest level boss we saw was maybe 38 .... I don't really remember what level the invincible was. It took us a few tries to get him. He has a witch doctor that spawns very soon after you start your fight ... then some natives start coming after you. We finally got them all by being very aggressive at the beginning .... I have a class mod that gives me +3 grenades and I use a grenade that does massive shock damage. I think I had 11 grenades ... and I threw ALL of them before we fired a shot. This stopped all enemies in their tracks long enough for us to knock the witch doctors shield down and about a third of the invincibles health. We equipped all of our weapon slots with electric damage weapons .... kept side strafing and unloaded almost all of our ammo. Electric damage weapons seemed to be the key to taking it down.

We took him out after we looted Nakayama's ship, which increased our arsenal nicely :-)

Have you fought Nakayama yet? If you think the invincible is tough .... wait until you fight him :errf:

Gink
01-31-2013, 01:26 AM
The items I mentioned, were not available to pick up ... they were just items placed around the maps. We played through on PT1 (not TVHM) so the highest level boss we saw was maybe 38 .... I don't really remember what level the invincible was. It took us a few tries to get him. He has a witch doctor that spawns very soon after you start your fight ... then some natives start coming after you. We finally got them all by being very aggressive at the beginning .... I have a class mod that gives me +3 grenades and I use a grenade that does massive shock damage. I think I had 11 grenades ... and I threw ALL of them before we fired a shot. This stopped all enemies in their tracks long enough for us to knock the witch doctors shield down and about a third of the invincibles health. We equipped all of our weapon slots with electric damage weapons .... kept side strafing and unloaded almost all of our ammo. Electric damage weapons seemed to be the key to taking it down.

We took him out after we looted Nakayama's ship, which increased our arsenal nicely :-)

Have you fought Nakayama yet? If you think the invincible is tough .... wait until you fight him :errf:

Haha! I thought Nakayama was pretty awesome, the wife was all psyched up for fighting the final boss and wasn't nearly as amused.

I didn't notice weird items laying around, dunno why not, I usually like checking out the weird details of borderlands. I'll have to pay more attention next time we're out there.
I noticed with the timed stalker that we didn't have squat for decent shock weapons, though I think I've got a homing tesla mod that I should try, should probably pick up some more shock weapons before trying the invincible.

Ullrsdog
01-31-2013, 09:22 AM
Gink and misfit....sounds like the DLC's are worth the money? I'am on my first run through with my siren (level 45/46) so I'd have a long ways to go to get all 4 characters there and I really don't see myself wanting to play through these same vanilla maps 6 more times then get the DLC's just to play through twice with mechromancer. either way my real point is are they as good as you guys make them sound?

also any advice on which character to work on next? I was thinking the comando guy but just thought I'd ask.

And res from across the map is AWESOME that tattoo'ed hotty is BAD ASS!!! in my best Ellie accent.

xMisFitToyx
01-31-2013, 11:10 AM
Gink and misfit....sounds like the DLC's are worth the money? I'am on my first run through with my siren (level 45/46) so I'd have a long ways to go to get all 4 characters there and I really don't see myself wanting to play through these same vanilla maps 6 more times then get the DLC's just to play through twice with mechromancer. either way my real point is are they as good as you guys make them sound?

also any advice on which character to work on next? I was thinking the comando guy but just thought I'd ask.

And res from across the map is AWESOME that tattoo'ed hotty is BAD ASS!!! in my best Ellie accent.

I have started a new playthrough as Gaige ... My first PT was with Maya ... My PT with my daughter was Salvador (Gunzerker).
I have only used Zero and Axton (power leveled) to get their respective trophies.
I actually like all 3 DLC's ... they are all pretty solid. I would say that Pirates Booty is my favorite, then Hammerlock's and last "TORGUE" (Had to say that ALL CAPS)

Gink
01-31-2013, 11:19 AM

I think they are. We bought the season pass right away, but we already knew we'd be playing borderlands for a long time and would be picking them up one way or another. They definitely offer a way to continue levelling without immediately replaying the main storyline. I've only played all 3 with our first characters though, which didn't work incredibly well. Think we started pirates at lvl34 and were too high level and only leveled up 1 time and were getting 10-20xp from enemies. I just replayed it solo, went out there at lvl30 and found it a lot more enjoyable, got lots of loot and xp, of course now I'm back in the Eridium Blight and am lvl34 and all the loot is junk and I'm getting 2-10xp off most enemies making it a total drag. But that's really my only complaint is that the DLC doesn't seem to fit perfectly into levelling progression, but it's really nice to have new places to go and fight different enemies. More Borderlands is never a bad thing! And both pirates and Hammerlock's have pretty nice loot payoff at the end, and all of them add "Invincibles" to fight for seraphim crystals and rare loot drops.

Ullrsdog
01-31-2013, 11:49 AM
I think they are. We bought the season pass right away, but we already knew we'd be playing borderlands for a long time and would be picking them up one way or another. They definitely offer a way to continue levelling without immediately replaying the main storyline. I've only played all 3 with our first characters though, which didn't work incredibly well. Think we started pirates at lvl34 and were too high level and only leveled up 1 time and were getting 10-20xp from enemies. I just replayed it solo, went out there at lvl30 and found it a lot more enjoyable, got lots of loot and xp, of course now I'm back in the Eridium Blight and am lvl34 and all the loot is junk and I'm getting 2-10xp off most enemies making it a total drag. But that's really my only complaint is that the DLC doesn't seem to fit perfectly into levelling progression, but it's really nice to have new places to go and fight different enemies. More Borderlands is never a bad thing! And both pirates and Hammerlock's have pretty nice loot payoff at the end, and all of them add "Invincibles" to fight for seraphim crystals and rare loot drops.

Cool thanks...sounds like I should wait and decide which character I want to use next and then get the DLC's and play through that way. thanks again Gink.

Gink
01-31-2013, 12:37 PM
I have started a new playthrough as Gaige ... My first PT was with Maya ... My PT with my daughter was Salvador (Gunzerker).
I have only used Zero and Axton (power leveled) to get their respective trophies.
I actually like all 3 DLC's ... they are all pretty solid. I would say that Pirates Booty is my favorite, then Hammerlock's and last "TORGUE" (Had to say that ALL CAPS)

My first playthrough was Axton, now I'm working on Zero. I definitely enjoy Zero more. Axton is pretty good, but Zero takes more strategy since you don't have a turret to throw down and kill things for you, though all the different turret mods you can get are a lot of fun. Meleeing everything to death with Zero is pretty great though. I've played a little with Salvador and Gaige too. Gaige seemed pretty cool and her robot is badass, but after Axton I wanted to do the killing myself, though I'm pretty curious about her wacky skill trees with anarchy stacks and such. I'll probably play through with Salvador next though, because gunzerking = mass destruction. Haven't played Maya yet, but that's the wife's lvl50 and she's definitely got some kickass skills and is nice to have along for a fight.

xMisFitToyx
01-31-2013, 12:49 PM
My first playthrough was Axton, now I'm working on Zero. I definitely enjoy Zero more. Axton is pretty good, but Zero takes more strategy since you don't have a turret to throw down and kill things for you, though all the different turret mods you can get are a lot of fun. Meleeing everything to death with Zero is pretty great though. I've played a little with Salvador and Gaige too. Gaige seemed pretty cool and her robot is badass, but after Axton I wanted to do the killing myself, though I'm pretty curious about her wacky skill trees with anarchy stacks and such. I'll probably play through with Salvador next though, because gunzerking = mass destruction. Haven't played Maya yet, but that's the wife's lvl50 and she's definitely got some kickass skills and is nice to have along for a fight.

With my gunzerker ... I am able to pretty much instantly heal myself when I gunzerk.

Gink
01-31-2013, 01:06 PM
With my gunzerker ... I am able to pretty much instantly heal myself when I gunzerk.

That's a nice skill to have. Axton has some pretty decent Shield/Health regen skills, but it's something Zero is lacking. From lvl 25-30 I used the "Law & Order" Bladed pistol and shield combo that turned all melee damage from the pistol into health. I could easily use deception, melee someone and completely refill my health. After the gun and shield got too weak for my level though it's been more challenging. Even with a maxed out "refresh" skill, killing someone with melee only refills at most 20% of health. He's got another skill I haven't unlocked though that gives boosted health regen while in deception, maybe it'll do more. I've been having to use a health regen class mod, though I'd rather use a melee damage / fire rate boost.

Gink
02-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Shift Codes worth 5!!! Golden Keys. Good through Feb 10.

PC / Mac SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: C3CBT-RC3XW-9WF33-BTJ3T-SB99J
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: C3CTB-XK695-33Z3R-W6BTB-XJC36
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: 53WBJ-T6Z5B-WWWCJ-HBKBB-THTR6

xMisFitToyx
02-08-2013, 01:16 PM

PC / Mac SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: C3CBT-RC3XW-9WF33-BTJ3T-SB99J
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: C3CTB-XK695-33Z3R-W6BTB-XJC36
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: 53WBJ-T6Z5B-WWWCJ-HBKBB-THTR6

Ullrsdog
02-11-2013, 09:59 AM

hey hey...yeah I guess I should have posted here!!! When I sent you the message in PSN I didn't even think about it here...plus I tend not to be around my computer much on the weekends...I scored a sweet 5k with fire damage SMG and an 8K with explosive assault rifle...plus a couple sweet granades one transfution and some other one.

Plus got my siren up to level 50!!! WOOOOOT!!!!

Gink
02-13-2013, 07:14 PM
hey hey...yeah I guess I should have posted here!!! When I sent you the message in PSN I didn't even think about it here...plus I tend not to be around my computer much on the weekends...I scored a sweet 5k with fire damage SMG and an 8K with explosive assault rifle...plus a couple sweet granades one transfution and some other one.

Plus got my siren up to level 50!!! WOOOOOT!!!!

I'm on the computer all the time, but rarely on FB/Twitter, nice to have someone clue me in when the keys pop up. Usually the wife starts texting me. Easy to copy/paste 'em here to make sure everyone gets a treat! I still haven't cashed mine in, seems like the last week or so the PS3 has only been used for Netflix/Hulu :( Sad times. I've actually got quite a stash of gold keys, should really clean out some inventory space and cash em in for some new weaponry.

Congrats on level 50!

Ullrsdog
02-14-2013, 09:00 AM
I'm on the computer all the time, but rarely on FB/Twitter, nice to have someone clue me in when the keys pop up. Usually the wife starts texting me. Easy to copy/paste 'em here to make sure everyone gets a treat! I still haven't cashed mine in, seems like the last week or so the PS3 has only been used for Netflix/Hulu :( Sad times. I've actually got quite a stash of gold keys, should really clean out some inventory space and cash em in for some new weaponry.

Congrats on level 50!

Thanks Gink...now time to get the DLC's and take another character up to the top...I would use those keys. that chest is magic it gives you weapons or mods based on your level...I rememer getting a SMG at level 20 something and never found anything better until I was at level 32...I know 32 cause I had one I couldnt use but was finnally something better than the one I found in the chest. Or shoot me an invite and I'll "store" somethings for you...wink wink!!!

Gink
02-14-2013, 12:33 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/841264_10151329260824081_113501075_o.jpg
Happy Loverpalooza -- don't miss the special celebratory SHiFT codes below!

For years, Moxxi has delighted and excited Pandora's denizens with her theatrical style, pithy innuendos, and a seemingly endless supply of exes. But when it comes time to give out anniversary gifts and every single day marks a possible anniversary with someone, what's a poor girl to do?

Simple -- the Loverpalooza! Today, everyone gets to be one of Miss Moxxi's honorary exes. And Moxxi treats her exes well (apart from the ones she kills, of course) -- on Loverpalooza Day, she bestows eligible Pandoran men and women with free stuff!

To receive your gifts from Miss Moxxi, enter the SHiFT codes below into Borderlands 2:

PC / Mac Loverpalooza SHiFT Code: W3KJ3-69JR5-9CXT3-JTJJT-WSCK5
Xbox 360 Loverpalooza SHiFT Code: W3W3B-BHX9K-3TSTX-WXJ3J-XCHKH
PlayStation 3 Loverpalooza SHiFT Code: WJCJJ-HCBFB-CCKC3-H3CJT-6FBHW

This year's offerings include special celebratory skins -- "Real Men Wear Pink" for Axton, "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" for Zer0, "Pretty and Pink" for Maya, "Pink Eyes" for Salvador, "Gumming the Works" for Gaige -- that will be available in the Quick Change character customization station, along with a special version of Moxxi's Critical Heart Breaker shotgun that will be the same level as (and appear in the backpack of) the first character you load after redeeming the code.

These codes will be active through February 17, 2013 -- be sure to use them before them!

Ullrsdog
02-14-2013, 12:53 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/841264_10151329260824081_113501075_o.jpg
a special version of Moxxi's Critical Heart Breaker shotgun that will be the same level as (and appear in the backpack of) the first character you load after redeeming the code.

These codes will be active through February 17, 2013 -- be sure to use them before them!

not sure it'll be better than the one I have but HELL YEAH thanks Gink!

xMisFitToyx
02-14-2013, 12:56 PM
Happy Loverpalooza -- don't miss the special celebratory SHiFT codes below!

For years, Moxxi has delighted and excited Pandora's denizens with her theatrical style, pithy innuendos, and a seemingly endless supply of exes. But when it comes time to give out anniversary gifts and every single day marks a possible anniversary with someone, what's a poor girl to do?

Simple -- the Loverpalooza! Today, everyone gets to be one of Miss Moxxi's honorary exes. And Moxxi treats her exes well (apart from the ones she kills, of course) -- on Loverpalooza Day, she bestows eligible Pandoran men and women with free stuff!

To receive your gifts from Miss Moxxi, enter the SHiFT codes below into Borderlands 2:

PC / Mac Loverpalooza SHiFT Code: W3KJ3-69JR5-9CXT3-JTJJT-WSCK5
Xbox 360 Loverpalooza SHiFT Code: W3W3B-BHX9K-3TSTX-WXJ3J-XCHKH
PlayStation 3 Loverpalooza SHiFT Code: WJCJJ-HCBFB-CCKC3-H3CJT-6FBHW

This year's offerings include special celebratory skins -- "Real Men Wear Pink" for Axton, "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" for Zer0, "Pretty and Pink" for Maya, "Pink Eyes" for Salvador, "Gumming the Works" for Gaige -- that will be available in the Quick Change character customization station, along with a special version of Moxxi's Critical Heart Breaker shotgun that will be the same level as (and appear in the backpack of) the first character you load after redeeming the code.

Cool!

I will use the codes tomorrow night. ;-)

xMisFitToyx
03-14-2013, 12:27 PM
Borderlands 2 Luck of the Zafords Weekend
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaKmkkmLO7-LXVcBDhnhGdYXUVE6h2srKbQqxTC2JK9m4maRtSmA

03.14.13 - Chris Faylor

http://s3.amazonaws.com/gearboxsoftwarecom/images/_/20130314/fa9126fa67a1d8477150b475a3f84e85269011bc.jpg (http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/games/borderlands-2)

Celebrate the Luck of the Zafords in Borderlands 2 this weekend with special in-game events and gear!

Each year, around this time, the Zaford clan takes a break from their war with the Hodunk bandit family to celebrate their good fortune and honor those that have passed on, such as that time Scooter buried their son alive in a shallow grave.

During this time, those who play Borderlands 2 while connected to the internet will see a temporary increase in the drop rates and rarity of shields! Plus, Absorb shields will have a better chance to absorb enemy bullets and Booster shields will have a higher chance of dropping a shield Booster when damaged.

In addition, the Zafords have prepared special gifts! To receive your celebratory Zaford gear, including special green skins for each character and a Chulainn SMG that will be the the same level as (and appear in the backpack of) the first character you load, enter the SHiFT codes below into Borderlands 2:

PC / Mac Zaford Gear SHiFT Code: KTCBJ-C9RTC-BSFTJ-33TT3-FBWHF
Xbox 360 Zaford Gear SHiFT Code: KJCJ3-RCWC6-5K9BF-WFBT3-3WFKK
PlayStation 3 Zaford Gear SHiFT Code: CTK3B-99K3J-XXKW3-ZTWTJ-HJH5J

Better act fast, though! The above codes and bonuses will only be active from Thursday, March 14 at 12:00PM CT through Sunday, March 17 at 11:55PM CT

LINK: http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/games/borderlands-2

SouthtownSlayer
03-24-2013, 11:56 AM
New Playable character is a bad ass psycho looking dude!!! Going to be interesting!

Krieg The Psycho (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/24/borderlands-2s-new-character-is-a-psycho?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter)!!

Gink
03-24-2013, 12:31 PM
New Playable character is a bad ass psycho looking dude!!! Going to be interesting!

Krieg The Psycho (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/24/borderlands-2s-new-character-is-a-psycho?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter)!!

Nice! I see they are also raising the level cap to 61 on 4/2! Looks like DLC #4 isn't coming until June, but new levels and a new character should keep us busy until then.

xMisFitToyx
03-24-2013, 01:22 PM
Nice! I see they are also raising the level cap to 61 on 4/2! Looks like DLC #4 isn't coming until June, but new levels and a new character should keep us busy until then.

Last I heard ... The level cap raise, was going to be with a DLC that is not included with the original season pass. Did they mention anything about that?

Also ... Have you got the link to this (level cap raise)?

Gink
03-25-2013, 12:22 AM
Last I heard ... The level cap raise, was going to be with a DLC that is not included with the original season pass. Did they mention anything about that?

Also ... Have you got the link to this (level cap raise)?

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/03/24/borderlands-2-level-cap-increase-announced

Link is at the end of the article in South's link if tapatalk doesn't post that right.

I thought cap raise was coming with later DLC too but looks like it'll be separate and free for season pass holders. $5 otherwise.

xMisFitToyx
03-25-2013, 08:02 AM

Link is at the end of the article in South's link if tapatalk doesn't post that right.

I thought cap raise was coming with later DLC too but looks like it'll be separate and free for season pass holders. $5 otherwise.

Cool ... I'm looking forward to this. I have finished the main game 2 times (normal & TVHM), Torque & Scarlett through TVHM and Hammerlock's normal. Plus I played through a third time (normal) with my daughter, Courtney.

Gink
03-25-2013, 08:04 PM
Cool ... I'm looking forward to this. I have finished the main game 2 times (normal & TVHM), Torque & Scarlett through TVHM and Hammerlock's normal. Plus I played through a third time (normal) with my daughter, Courtney.

Reminds me also in there they mentioned Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode and Pearlescent weapons, though with how rare legendaries are to drop, I don't expect to see many pearlescent.

I think we're pretty close to finishing TVHM with our 50s, but stopped for not getting XP, and are close to finishing normal mode with our second set of characters. I'm currently soloing Torgue's in normal after finishing the main quest. Want to get as close as possible to lvl 50 before starting TVHM to try and farm lvl 50 weapons on my way through.

Gink
03-26-2013, 12:59 AM
Pax East Krieg gameplay demo

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/03/24/borderlands-2-6-minutes-of-krieg-gameplay-pax-east

SouthtownSlayer
03-28-2013, 03:56 PM

Exciting changes are coming to Borderlands 2 on April 2, 2013!
As you may have heard, the team has been hard at work to raise the level cap -- an effort that required re-balancing, re-tuning and re-testing the entire game -- along with adding a third playthrough, more ammo upgrades, additional backpack slots and more!
Here's what players on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 can expect that day:

Changes in 4/2 Software Update (Free)

Adds new items to the Black Market:

One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.

Increases the maximum amount of Eridium players can hold from 99 to 500.
Adds a new playthrough balanced for top-tier play: Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
Various bug fixes.

Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack
(Free with Season Pass, $4.99 / 400 Microsoft Points separately)

Raises level cap to 61, allowing characters to gain 11 additional levels.
Characters gain a skill point with every level from 51 to 61, for a total of 11 more skill points.
Powerful new "Ancient" E-Tech relics and rare Pearlscent-grade weapons can be picked up in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.

Check back soon for a detailed look at the gameplay changes in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode along with details on the various bug fixes in the update, and don't forget there's more to come for Borderlands 2: Krieg the Psycho, a new playable character, arrives in May (http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1020/borderlands-2-pax-east-news-recap) with the fourth campaign add-on (included in the Season Pass) hitting by the end of June.

xMisFitToyx
03-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Exciting changes are coming to Borderlands 2 on April 2, 2013!
As you may have heard, the team has been hard at work to raise the level cap -- an effort that required re-balancing, re-tuning and re-testing the entire game -- along with adding a third playthrough, more ammo upgrades, additional backpack slots and more!
Here's what players on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 can expect that day:

Changes in 4/2 Software Update (Free)

Adds new items to the Black Market:

One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.

Increases the maximum amount of Eridium players can hold from 99 to 500.
Adds a new playthrough balanced for top-tier play: Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
Various bug fixes.

Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack
(Free with Season Pass, $4.99 / 400 Microsoft Points separately)

Raises level cap to 61, allowing characters to gain 11 additional levels.
Characters gain a skill point with every level from 51 to 61, for a total of 11 more skill points.
Powerful new "Ancient" E-Tech relics and rare Pearlscent-grade weapons can be picked up in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.

Check back soon for a detailed look at the gameplay changes in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode along with details on the various bug fixes in the update, and don't forget there's more to come for Borderlands 2: Krieg the Psycho, a new playable character, arrives in May (http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1020/borderlands-2-pax-east-news-recap) with the fourth campaign add-on (included in the Season Pass) hitting by the end of June.

SWEET!! :biggrin:

Gink
03-28-2013, 04:06 PM
SWEET!! :biggrin:

Nice! I'd say the backpack/bank upgrades were even more needed than the level cap increase. Ammo ups are nice too!

SouthtownSlayer
04-01-2013, 05:16 PM
HAHAHA!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz0Wq10uel0&list=PL4BE87EC43B1622F0&index=2

Gink
04-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Looks like the patch is available. Installing now.

I'm hoping it will also fix a problem we've suddenly started having recently where randomly in combat the audio freaks out in a horrible, ear shattering, distorted sort of way. I haven't had it happen in single player, but we can't seem to play split screen without it eventually happening. Seems to mostly be robots, possibly even just certain types of robots whose weapon sounds or something are glitched out. Haven't found anything on the net. Might just be our install :(

xMisFitToyx
04-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Looks like the patch is available. Installing now.

I'm hoping it will also fix a problem we've suddenly started having recently where randomly in combat the audio freaks out in a horrible, ear shattering, distorted sort of way. I haven't had it happen in single player, but we can't seem to play split screen without it eventually happening. Seems to mostly be robots, possibly even just certain types of robots whose weapon sounds or something are glitched out. Haven't found anything on the net. Might just be our install :(

That same thing has happened when me and my daughter play.

I'll probably download it along with my PS+ freebies tonight .... But, I won't play until the next DLC drops.

xMisFitToyx
04-02-2013, 04:10 PM
PC / Mac SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2:
K3WJT-BFBRW-S5RTT-TBBB3-9XWZ5

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2:
KBWTB-T6XSC-JJHBF-WXBJJ-WRWKF

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2:
C3KTB-F6ZKB-KC5WJ-ZTKJ3-XC569

These codes will supposedly be good for a few days.

Gink
04-03-2013, 08:41 PM
That same thing has happened when me and my daughter play.

I'll probably download it along with my PS+ freebies tonight .... But, I won't play until the next DLC drops.

I'm actually relieved to hear it's not just us, it's been driving me crazy! And if it's common, more likely to get fixed. We played a bit Tuesday, but went back to our 50s and didn't fight any robots, so can't confirm if it was fixed. The changes are nice, but yeah, don't really add anything new to the game. Maybe with a few more levels and the additional skill points I'll feel different and all super badass, but with the wife insisting we play our lvl50s who we've done the game 1.5x and all the dlc so far I'm just like mehhhh. Axton burnout.

Thanks for posting shift codes! Neither of us saw those go up.

xMisFitToyx
04-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Shift Codes Good for the Weekend!!

PC / Mac: 5JC3B-HRS5W-HC6B3-J3TJJ-ZRCKB

Xbox 360: WBKTT-SX5Z5-B39J6-KX3TT-9JXWK

PlayStation 3: K3CT3-WZRK3-5CKKT-SJK33-39XHW

lore77
04-14-2013, 10:41 PM
Well, put me down as hooked. I DL 1 &2 as part of the PS+ deal and started off playing 2. I am having a bunch of fun, the commentary cracks me up. this game is super fun. I haven't had a chance to play with anyone yet. I have just been running solo only lvl 10 so far. if anyone who plays on the PS3 happens to see me on and wants to play please shoot me an invite.

xMisFitToyx
04-15-2013, 08:25 AM
Well, put me down as hooked. I DL 1 &2 as part of the PS+ deal and started off playing 2. I am having a bunch of fun, the commentary cracks me up. this game is super fun. I haven't had a chance to play with anyone yet. I have just been running solo only lvl 10 so far. if anyone who plays on the PS3 happens to see me on and wants to play please shoot me an invite.

No invite necessary .... We can just jump in your game with you. :biggrin:

I'll look for you ... Hopefully, I'll have a character @ ro around your level (I have many @ various levels ... so I should be able to join you)

Make sure you keep an eye out for SHiFT Codes, in this thread and Facebook and Twitter.
They come in handy.

I'm hoping they release the final DLC soon. .... See you on Pandora soon!!!