PDA

View Full Version : FYI

LandShark
08-10-2011, 05:13 PM
I dont live in Midland.

read at least to half way...http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/08/10/texas. ... .to.drink/ (http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/08/10/texas.desperate.to.drink/)

Raider
08-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Haha, like that one guy said..."At least I'll get to drink my beer twice" =)) =))

dinsdale1978
08-10-2011, 05:46 PM
That's not an uncommon practice. You do know that most water treatment plants actually add water to aid in the filtration process. Wastewater is not that much different than most naturally taken sources anymore. My dad used to manage our local treatment plant. Still, you can pretend every day that you are Bear Grylls.

[yt:19pg2wjy]KEIYNvwXD0Q[/yt:19pg2wjy]

LandShark
08-10-2011, 05:52 PM
The Bear guy is nutS!!!!!!!! but id be happy with drinking my beer twice! :cheers:

johnboy
08-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Mmmmm refreshing!

Borlaxx
08-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Despirate times, despirate measures.

At least we all now know what kind of water a Landshark needs.

Raider
08-10-2011, 07:05 PM
When Texas becomes it's own country, will just start trading water for oil.

sniperella
08-11-2011, 07:05 AM
I didn't even look at the video or read the link, but just reading the comments makes me nauseous! :sick:

Toxic Avenger72
08-11-2011, 08:30 AM
I guess that would go along nicely with a good ol' turd burger. :sick: :sick:

[yt:22u7rv9c]lscSKq3kzbo[/yt:22u7rv9c]

LandShark
08-11-2011, 08:38 AM
i think in gonna be sick

Borlaxx
08-11-2011, 08:44 AM
"What is wrong, sir?"

"I don't mean to be critical, but your burger tastes like crap, and this water tastes like piss. I am reconsidering my decision to order the white mousse for dessert."

roadrnr
08-11-2011, 10:10 AM
"What is wrong, sir?"

"I don't mean to be critical, but your burger tastes like crap, and this water tastes like piss. I am reconsidering my decision to order the white mousse for dessert."

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=147918&d=1294667586

That was funny. I don't care who you are...that's funny right there.

Raider
08-11-2011, 10:15 AM
^ Who wants to go for a mustache ride?!

DayliteMag
08-11-2011, 10:53 AM
A few years ago I insured a company that manufactured small, waste water treatment plants. I remember touring the plant and my client was telling me what goes into the pipe and then what comes out the other end. He said the output was perfectly safe and fine for human consumption, but neither of us was willing to "sample" the finished product. Trust me, NONE of us wants to know what goes on at our municipal water treatment facilities. I doubt that most people (particularly in big cities) have any clue where there water is really coming from, or what needs to happen to it before it is safe to drink.

A few years ago there was a problem at a municipal treatment facility in a place called Walkerton, Ontario (small town of about 5000). Basically, the guys who were in charge of running the facility were incompetant and the province didn't adequately train/supervise them. Approximately half of that town became infected with the deadliest form of E-Coli and at least seven people died a horrible, horrible death.

Borlaxx
08-11-2011, 11:06 AM
A few years ago I insured a company that manufactured small, waste water treatment plants. I remember touring the plant and my client was telling me what goes into the pipe and then what comes out the other end. He said the output was perfectly safe and fine for human consumption, but neither of us was willing to "sample" the finished product. Trust me, NONE of us wants to know what goes on at our municipal water treatment facilities. I doubt that most people (particularly in big cities) have any clue where there water is really coming from, or what needs to happen to it before it is safe to drink.

A few years ago there was a problem at a municipal treatment facility in a place called Walkerton, Ontario (small town of about 5000). Basically, the guys who were in charge of running the facility were incompetant and the province didn't adequately train/supervise them. Approximately half of that town became infected with the deadliest form of E-Coli and at least seven people died a horrible, horrible death.
A new marketing campagin:

"Pepsi -- it isn't poopie"

ScoobySnacks
08-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Mmmmm refreshing!

It has a bit of wang to it!