08-16-2011, 01:32 PM
This is effective immediately.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1188138p1.html

dinsdale1978
08-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Woot.

mechatool
08-16-2011, 02:36 PM
This is great news for me, because if my friend can't fix my ps3 I will have to pick up a new one.

johnboy
08-16-2011, 02:43 PM
I was looking today and didn't notice any difference in price over here. Either its already been dropped or it will take months/never over here.

Retro
08-16-2011, 02:46 PM
The price drop was just announced today and it is world wide. The stores may not adjust prices until tomorrow.

xMisFitToyx
08-16-2011, 02:58 PM
I was looking today and didn't notice any difference in price over here. Either its already been dropped or it will take months/never over here.

JB .... as a general rule over here in the States....If a retailer drops the price on an item......if you have bought it within the last 7 to 10 days, they will refund the price difference back to you.... :cheers:

EDIT____________________________________________

Strange thing. I just checked Best Buy online.....They do not have any "NEW" PS3 consoles listed on their website only Refurbished :-?

sam007
08-16-2011, 03:05 PM
This is great news for me, because if my friend can't fix my ps3 I will have to pick up a new one.

But you will lose all your data from your current system. :(

theczech99
08-16-2011, 03:39 PM

At least he wonít lose his BC2 stats! :party:

mechatool
08-16-2011, 04:21 PM

Yes, this will suck donkey balls. Do you know if I would loose everyone on my friends list, or is this info stored on the PS network?

theczech99
08-16-2011, 06:18 PM
You won't lose any friends by adding a new PS3.

TonkaToys
08-17-2011, 09:17 AM

Buy a 1 month sub to PLUS and use the "upload everything" feature (not actual name :) ).

UK price for a new PS3 160Gb is down to £192 at Amazon.co.uk (http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_21?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=playstation+3+console&sprefix=playstation+3+console)

mechatool
08-17-2011, 11:03 AM

Buy a 1 month sub to PLUS and use the "upload everything" feature (not actual name :) ).

UK price for a new PS3 160Gb is down to £192 at Amazon.co.uk (http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_21?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=playstation+3+console&sprefix=playstation+3+console)
The only important info on my PS3 is my friends list. I don't want to have to resend all the invites. It is a pain in a** typing. I had some demos and downloaded InFamous but I don't care If I can't get those games back. I am starting to get PS3 withdrawal symptoms (sweating at night, shakiness, and anxiety). =)) =)) =))

Borlaxx
08-17-2011, 12:45 PM
I'm pretty sure there is a record on the sony servers of anything you have downloaded on the psn and you will be able to download them for free, including map packs, once you link your psn account to the new system. Same with your friend list. The stuff you would loose would be your saved game data. Not sure if that is for single player only or if you would lose your ranking info for online games as well.

theczech99
08-17-2011, 02:19 PM
I'm pretty sure there is a record on the sony servers of anything you have downloaded on the psn and you will be able to download them for free, including map packs, once you link your psn account to the new system.
This is true.