PDA

View Full Version : PS3 BF3 War Stories

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Borlaxx
08-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Please post your war stories about BF3 on the PS3 here.

REMEC87
08-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Last week I preordered BF3 and asked the girl at the EBgames (Gamestop) if i could get the limited edition. She stared at me blankly for a minute and then said "collector" editions were not available for preorder......

I dont know if the gamestops in the US are the same or if the limited is really the regular version?

Borlaxx
08-16-2011, 05:44 PM
She is either an idiot (likely) or perhaps they sold out of the limited edition. I know when I was in my gamestop a few weeks ago the clerk said they were stopping taking pre-orders for the limited because they were sold out and would only be taking preorders for the standard. The limited comes with the back to kirkland BF2 expansion for free. Others I think have to pay $10 or $15 for it.

mechatool
08-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Last week I preordered BF3 and asked the girl at the EBgames (Gamestop) if i could get the limited edition. She stared at me blankly for a minute and then said "collector" editions were not available for preorder......

I dont know if the gamestops in the US are the same or if the limited is really the regular version?
I think every preorder of BF3 is the limited edition, no matter where you preorder (gamestop, amazon, best buy, ect.) ;)

TrojanTeacher
08-17-2011, 11:16 PM
I would pay 30 dollars for Karkand.

dinsdale1978
08-17-2011, 11:21 PM
You do know that you can order online from EB/Gamestop and have it ready for in-store pick up. And from what I just tried ordering the Limited Edition is still up for sale. Why are clerks so terrible these days?

sam007
08-18-2011, 12:51 PM
:| <--- (sales clerk)

dinsdale1978
08-18-2011, 01:08 PM

I only say that because I was looking to pick up a T-Mobile pre-paid phone at Radio Shack yesterday and even though there was a rack of them on display; the clerk told me that they didn't have any. A real salesman would have sold the display model and made me a satisfied customer. His idiocy just made RS a place I will only go to troll the clerks.

medicalwaste75
08-21-2011, 08:05 PM
I would pay 30 dollars for Karkand.

Do you think it will still be a good map with 12 vs 12?

TrojanTeacher
08-22-2011, 12:08 AM
It should be, it has a great lay out. Lots of choke points and no jets. Just land vehicles.

Retro
08-22-2011, 12:03 PM

I only say that because I was looking to pick up a T-Mobile pre-paid phone at Radio Shack yesterday and even though there was a rack of them on display; the clerk told me that they didn't have any. A real salesman would have sold the display model and made me a satisfied customer. His idiocy just made RS a place I will only go to troll the clerks.
I would guarantee that head office has told the staff not to sell the display models. Most retail employees are now handcuffed by a lack of training and a lack of decision making power. Sad really.

sam007
08-22-2011, 01:25 PM
Lots of choke points and no jets.

Put a couple of support class and just cut them down as they try to clear the fatal funnel. :D

Ullrsdog
09-27-2011, 11:06 AM
SF Banks is playing BETA right now i saw him online on PSN.... :( :((

SFBanks
09-27-2011, 12:48 PM

Yup. I had a couple of games. Really impressed. Managed to play through to complete the whole rush map as attacker. I went 18 Kills to 19 deaths. The map is good and I managed to get up to level 3 I think. I unlocked my first dot scope and improved sprint!

I received my email just as I was leaving work. Went on to the store and downloaded it :)

Will be back on later for some more.

Ullrsdog
09-27-2011, 01:01 PM
and now he's just laughing at the rest of us....I hear it in the text I swear I hear something.

nice to hear the good news see ya on friday when its open beta! :D

Sup3rman
09-27-2011, 02:18 PM

Yup. I had a couple of games. Really impressed. Managed to play through to complete the whole rush map as attacker. I went 18 Kills to 19 deaths. The map is good and I managed to get up to level 3 I think. I unlocked my first dot scope and improved sprint!

I received my email just as I was leaving work. Went on to the store and downloaded it :)

More!! I need more!!!!!!! :((

SFBanks
09-27-2011, 02:42 PM

More!! I need more!!!!!!! :((

What would you like to know :)

shady504
09-27-2011, 04:39 PM
I would like to know how prone works in the game. I hope there's not a ton of dolphin diving like in Black Ops.

Spike Forehand
09-28-2011, 12:11 AM
Very preliminary first impressions from about 1 hr of game play:

- as others have said-beta is only Rush on Metro.
- No vehicles (yet)
- Also looks like destruction is turned way down, as RPG's into buildings might make a small hole in the facade, but that's about it. I did get one RPG kill when I hit a building.
- Team MP rolled as usual. When I left it was a group of about 7 or 8 of us teamed up on one side. We won every match except one. I saw Czech, beeano, mechatool, jack, Ellison, johnnyh, at least one omega guy, and some others I'm sure that I'm forgetting.
Graphics are nice, but not jaw-dropping like the PC vids were. There were a couple of things that jumped out at me as being pretty cool, though.
- Minimap was a little confusing. Will probably make more sense once I learn the maps.
- for me I had a pretty solid connection. Noticed a little lag, but no hangs or boots. Voice communication was choppy though.

More tomorrow.

Beano
09-28-2011, 02:06 AM
Gave it a solid playthrough tonight and first impressions are as I remember them.

1st: Game is hmm either not finished(hopefully) or it's bad. Game isn't very good as is.
My negative points come from poor hit detection. All night long I could shoot and shoot guys, get multiple hit markers and fall over dead while they shoot me dead while not even aimed in my direction. In close quarters I was shot by an M9 pistol and go from 100 to dead and get one hit marker on me. Got killed by one guy while unloading on him and he was still climbing over a wall. Came across mechtool going down a ramp, he was looking a different direction i shot him until out of ammo and he turns and i'm dead immediately upon seeing his muzzle flash. The list goes on and on.

Spotting is terrible. I don't mind when they go behind cover but it just doesn't seem to spot well.

Guns seem to take forever to kill people yet I die immediately upon seeing red hit marker. Gun kick is horrendous making burst fire necessary. Yet like i've said I do this and die immediately from return fire by who i'm shooting at.

Just as I was afraid of prone is god awful. Makes the game a camper paradise. People complained about MOH, that is nothing compared to this.

Unable to invite to squads within the game not to mention being able to talk to squad.

Switching up kits is a headache and after switching up kits and putting on upgrades, when you come back to the kit selection is always seems to switch to a different kit.

Every time I throw an ammo kit, med kit etc... It hangs there for multiple seconds.

Graphics are meh, guess I was expecting better.

I'm sure I'll think of more later. But I honestly believe Medal of Honor multiplayer is better and BC2 far far better than this game. I'll keep playing the beta to see if they fix things or if it grows on me. But for now I'll pass.

Beano
09-28-2011, 02:24 AM
Just got done trolling the forums and it appears there are alot of people who feel the same as I do. The game just doesn't feel right.

Borlaxx
09-28-2011, 08:09 AM
Just got done trolling the forums and it appears there are alot of people who feel the same as I do. The game just doesn't feel right.
Hopefully the issues you had are because of crappy connection which is to be expected with the first night of online play (I have never seen an online game with perfect connections the first night) and the fact that this is a beta build and not the final build which will hopefully be much better.

I am going to try it on Friday to see what I think, but I will try to keep in mind not to judge the final game based on the beta. I just hope they were already aware of many of the issues and have already fixed them in the final game or have a day one patch ready. If not, this is a good reason why developers need to do their open betas months before release like Naughty Dog did with Uncharted 3 to give themselves time to fix things before the final game comes out.

RC-1136
09-28-2011, 08:13 AM
Beano's comments are a little disappointing. Especially the hit detection issues. Reminds me of Black Ops. But this is just a beta. But after Homefront, Black Ops and what I've heard about SOCOM 4 I don't have a lot of confindence anymore that game developers know what the fuck they're doing. I am still looking forward to playing this tomorrow night.

Borlaxx
09-28-2011, 08:16 AM
Dinsdale is saying it is awesome, so I am wondering if the issues Beano had were because of his connection.

dinsdale1978
09-28-2011, 08:19 AM

I thought it was spot on. Maybe there was some lag on your connection. I was hitting people without much issue. There were some clunky issues with getting stuck on obstacles and being able to get under the map, but I am still very excited about this game.

dinsdale1978
09-28-2011, 08:21 AM
I would like to know how prone works in the game. I hope there's not a ton of dolphin diving like in Black Ops.

Check the vids I just posted. You can't dive like in Blops but you can go prone fairly fast to avoid fire. Getting up isn't as quick though. There were too many Support kits laying in a corridor endlessly firing though.

xMisFitToyx
09-28-2011, 08:35 AM
@Beano ... if you were unable to kill anyone easily ... but they were killing you as easy as you said ... it sounds like it may have been your connection.

Hopefully by the time I download and install it tomorrow evening ... they will have worked out some of the bugs :p

theczech99
09-28-2011, 08:40 AM
Keep in mind this is a Beta. The prone and recon bastards are a pain but are still beatable. We proved that last night when we were playing against some higher ranking players. Remember this is only one map out of the nine that will come with the game and adding vehicles will help balance things out. Their scope with the sun glaring off of them really gives away their location when hiding. If we had vehicles they would be easy pickings.

I do feel some of Beanoís frustrations with the lag issue or whatever you want to call it. In one early match I came across Dinsdale with an empty weapon. I unloaded my primary and secondary weapon into him while he was reloading and he was still able to kill me with the majority of his health still remaining. Then there were other times in the night that I would go on a nice little kill streak.

After I unlocked the defib paddles I decided to give them a try. The only issue I had with them was when I tried to revive a fallen teammate and the enemy laying next to the guy I was trying to revive popped up instead and shot me. WTF!?!?!

Overall I like the gameplay and think it will be a very solid game. Iím very disappointed that the beta is set to infantry only right now. I unlocked the stinger last night and have nothing to test it on. It wonít even hip fire unless itís locked onto a target and since there arenít any vehicles itís not even worth the unlock.

Ullrsdog
09-28-2011, 08:40 AM
Did you post them on YT?

I have only Beta Tested a few web sites so I have no experience with games, so in a way I am excited to test and nervous to see what's what...new game title, beta version, clan noob @-) goin a little nuts just ask the wife!

xMisFitToyx
09-28-2011, 08:48 AM
Did you post them on YT?

I have only Beta Tested a few web sites so I have no experience with games, so in a way I am excited to test and nervous to see what's what...new game title, beta version, clan noob @-) goin a little nuts just ask the wife!

Has she accused you of joining a CULT yet. That is a common term used by some of the wives when referring to Team MP. :devil:

theczech99
09-28-2011, 08:51 AM
Did you post them on YT?

Has she accused you of joining a CULT yet. That is a common term used by some of the wives when referring to Team MP. :devil:
And we are all psycho killers too!!!

TonkaToys
09-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Did you post them on YT?

http://blog.findaproperty.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/calm1.jpg

I'm a bit nervous about the new game as I've never played battlefield, but don't worry about being new to the clan - we're here to help.

xMisFitToyx
09-28-2011, 08:55 AM
I'm a bit nervous about the new game as I've never played battlefield

Don't worry .... at some point ALL us us had never played a battlefield game before.

Ullrsdog
09-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Did you post them on YT?

:)) :)) =))
I am not sure if I have heard Cult yet...but she did give the what the HELL look last night as I flipped between watching the WSOP and adding MPeeps as friends during commercials...and I said "WHAT they are new to the players list?!" she rolled her eyes and countinued on her way.

Ullrsdog
09-28-2011, 08:58 AM
I'm a bit nervous about the new game as I've never played battlefield, but don't worry about being new to the clan - we're here to help.[/quote]

No worries me too so we can roll around together and get spanked....wait that sounds bad...

Ullrsdog
09-28-2011, 09:00 AM
Has she accused you of joining a CULT yet. That is a common term used by some of the wives when referring to Team MP. :devil:[/quote]
And we are all psycho killers too!!![/quote]

I am sure of it...Czech you and I roll down the street sporting our Mirrored shades and I bet we would look like PSYCHO KILLAS! B-)

Spike Forehand
09-28-2011, 09:12 AM
I only had hit detection problems in the first couple of matches I was in and it seemed to clear up after that. †I actually had a positive kdr in one match!!

I think Beano's assessment is a little harsh. I thought that once i got used to the movement and gun mechanics it started to be really fun. †I think the Metro map is very good, expect for the last set of MCOM's, which is a little too small and it seems like defenders can get spawn trapped too easy. †The parts in the tunnels are really cool - watch Dinsdale's second video to get a flavor of that. †

I am definitely able to see how tactics will play a role in this game. †Setting up a line of defense/attack with suppressing fire works - we just gotta figure out how/where to do this. †

Campers/snipers seemed no worse than BFBC2. †I was able to kill one when I saw the gun glint.

Some of the animations still need fixing. †When you drop ammo or health it hangs in front of you for one beat too long. †If you are prone and toss an ammo or health it will block your view. †Also, the grenade toss mechanics are screwed up - the leave your hand too fast meaning you have to aim before you hit the grenade button.

Guns seem fine, but I have barely unlocked anything just yet. †Burst firing is def needed for accuracy unless you are prone.

I thought spotting was just OK. †Was a little too hard to see names/colors on names sometimes, resulting in a lot of firing at teammates or enemies running right past you. †Definitely harder to spot enemies than BFBC2, but maybe that's not a bad thing.

However, †I also can't say the beta is everything I was expecting. We all have super-high expectations for this game, which we may need to lower somewhat. †Probably the biggest thing is that†the graphics in this game are not a huge step forward on the console.

dinsdale1978
09-28-2011, 09:29 AM
[yt:pytmrwb2]qB5SsMQeAoE[/yt:pytmrwb2]

My first commentary about the beta. Sorry that others are finding this lackluster. I truly couldn't stop playing last night.

mechatool
09-28-2011, 09:48 AM
I enjoyed the beta, but there are several issues (to be expected):
Tossing a grenade. You can not hold the grenade button and adjust your aim.
The first set of MCOMS. Your soldier always starts to go under the map when you are by the crater on A MCOM.
Running the Recon kit. Your mobile spawn point transmitter sometimes doesn't appear in your hands when you try to deploy it.
A couple of times last night when I was on the last set of MCOMS and I respawned my screen kept blinking to white.

I think the flashlight attachment works well to blind the enemy when you are in the tunnels. I have not unlocked it yet, but it is very hard to see where or how many of the Opfor there are when the flashlight is pointed in your direction.

theczech99
09-28-2011, 10:04 AM
There is one mcom in the subway restroom. I noticed you can blow the doors off the crapper stalls for a good hiding spot to take out incoming op4. That way when they come in and scare the crap out of you, youíre already in position to unload on them. =))

jacknighttamer
09-28-2011, 10:12 AM
For about the first hour I played this game I was not liking it at all. I was running assult and unlocked the defibs, and I don't know if it's because it's the beta, but I was having a hard time reving guys. I finally started to get use to the game and doing better when I switched to the support class. I must of been having conection issues because I was having the same issues that Beeno was having as far as killing guys. It seemed to be a lot of on hit kills with pistols :cuss: I did manage to get some tags :D . The other thing I found out is that you can not hide in the fire like you could in BFBC2. I tried this and died =)) I have never played a beta before, well I guess you could count Homefront =)) , so I need to remember that the final game will be better :pray:

theczech99
09-28-2011, 10:16 AM
For about the first hour I played this game I was not liking it at all. I was running assult and unlocked the defibs, and I don't know if it's because it's the beta, but I was having a hard time reving guys. I finally started to get use to the game and doing better when I switched to the support class. I must of been having conection issues because I was having the same issues that Beeno was having as far as killing guys. It seemed to be a lot of on hit kills with pistols :cuss: I did manage to get some tags :D . The other thing I found out is that you can not hide in the fire like you could in BFBC2. I tried this and died =)) I have never played a beta before, well I guess you could count Homefront =)) , so I need to remember that the final game will be better :pray:
Even if you just run through the fire it will take down your health a little.

dinsdale1978
09-28-2011, 10:29 AM

Remember that players can deny your revive. I think Beeano did that to me once. I guess he doesn't like staying alive...

mechatool
09-28-2011, 10:31 AM
The other thing I found out is that you can not hide in the fire like you could in BFBC2. I tried this and died =))
I found this out the hard way, when I tried to roasted my chestnuts by laying on top of a fire. =)) =)) =))

theczech99
09-28-2011, 10:36 AM

Remember that players can deny your revive. I think Beeano did that to me once. I guess he doesn't like staying alive...
I wish this was a pre-determined option so we don't waste our time and lives trying to get to a fallen soldier then have them deny our revive. I tried to revive several people last night and would try several times thinking I missed only to get killed because the revive was being denied.

theczech99
09-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Actual War Story!!!

My very first game that I played I was attacking and playing with some random people. The game was already started when I joined into the action. First set of mcoms and they were both still up. I decided to try my normal BC2 play style of ďflank and spankĒ. I like to flank out wide to get past he try hards in the middle of the map then come in from behind to arm the mcom. The very first try I went in all alone and armed the mcom in the playground, sat back and killed everyone coming in to disarm. All night long I was able to flank to get into the mcoms. The only problem was that a lot of times I was all alone when doing so and couldnít keep the mcoms armed by myself.

Ullrsdog
09-28-2011, 11:07 AM
There is one mcom in the subway restroom. I noticed you can blow the doors off the crapper stalls for a good hiding spot to take out incoming op4. That way when they come in and scare the crap out of you, youíre already in position to unload on them. =))

Real classy Czech... =))

dinsdale1978
09-28-2011, 11:07 AM
In one of my last matches attacking I went far left to hit A. A sniper took some shots and I hugged the wall and went prone. I crawled for about 30 seconds. Mechatool spotted someone about 5 feet from me. I jumped out of the bushes and killed him and continued my bush crawling. I made it to A and cleared the station. I don't know if everyone pushed up or not but you can really use the cover to your advantage if one person spots while another advances.

Sup3rman
09-28-2011, 11:10 AM
I only managed to play for about 10 minutes this morning before I head off for work but so far.. the game is what I expect it to be..not done! I'm hoping all of us are giving them feedback regarding the game so they can fix it before the actual game is released. Looking forward to be playing with you guys tonight!

Ullrsdog
09-28-2011, 11:13 AM

in more than one way!!!

well sounds like its time to watch more videos see if we can catch Czech in the head! Anyway Tonka check out the Videos Dinsdale posted they will give you a great feel for the maps and the gameplay I enjoyed them just used too much time at work to view them and now I need to get off the Forum and the YT channels!

theczech99
09-28-2011, 11:21 AM
In one of my last matches attacking I went far left to hit A. A sniper took some shots and I hugged the wall and went prone. I crawled for about 30 seconds. Mechatool spotted someone about 5 feet from me. I jumped out of the bushes and killed him and continued my bush crawling. I made it to A and cleared the station. I don't know if everyone pushed up or not but you can really use the cover to your advantage if one person spots while another advances.
I found that going prone and crawling into the first set of mcoms is very effective. There will be times to rush in to arm and other times when you have to take it slow. Having to change your tactics from game to game is what makes BF games the best IMO!

jacknighttamer
09-28-2011, 11:48 AM
The other thing I found out is that you can not hide in the fire like you could in BFBC2. I tried this and died =))
I found this out the hard way, when I tried to roasted my chestnuts by laying on top of a fire. =)) =)) =))

Mechatool, why does it not suprise me that it would be you and I to find this out the hard way =))

jacknighttamer
09-28-2011, 11:54 AM

This would be a good thing to do, either have a support class, or dare to say a recon, sit back and spot or take out op4 while the squade flanks on one side. You could have a recon in the group moving up and have them place one of the spawn things, can't remember what they are called :blush: . This game does play diffent from BCB2, I noticed I did a lot better when I slowed down.

TonkaToys
09-28-2011, 11:56 AM
There will be times to rush in to arm and other times when you have to take it slow.

Reminds me of

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,

Know when to walk away, know when to run.

[yt:t1g2gx7i]kn481KcjvMo[/yt:t1g2gx7i]

Beano
09-28-2011, 12:34 PM
I don't think I was too harsh. You can't tell me for one second this game is any better than MOH. If you think it is, tell me how? It doesnt look better, it doesn't shoot better, it doesn't feel better. By feel I mean the movement. It seems very choppy. I love how sometimes it takes a running jump to get over obstacles. You can't just jump over them.

I'm not the only one who feels this way and I suspect many here are giving the game the benefit of the doubt just because it's battlefield. I want to see the light maybe someone can tell why this game is better? I however haven't seen anything new or better.

Beano
09-28-2011, 01:16 PM
Well I guess on the bright side it can only get better. But I still haven't heard anyone address any of the things I brought up. For instance the prone. My favorite so far in this game is going up the first escalator choke point only to face 12 guys laying prone. While in the subway tunnels you have guys laying prone all over the place and with the broke ass spotting you will never see them until you get one red hit marker and dead.

How about the kit selection and customize menus? Let me try and remember here is it circle, square, square, x, x,? Or some other combination? It's like putting in some cheat code you got out of playstation magazine. It wasn't broke before so why change it?

Bad guys and how to see them. Everyone looks the same! I can already tell spotting won't work and it's tough to differentiate friend and foe.

Basically this game feels in many way identical to MOH. What was the first thing you said when your first game started? Mine:"OH this doesn't look very good at all." MOH looks better and in same cases BC2 does as well.

Gameplay: Nothing new. I remember when I first played the BC2 beta and could immediately tell the game was a winner. Not my inpression this time. I know many of you liked the beta and I won't knock that, but I don't see why and haven't heard any reason why.

I can hardly wait for all this and circle straffing jets etc....

dinsdale1978
09-28-2011, 01:24 PM
Well I guess on the bright side it can only get better. But I still haven't heard anyone address any of the things I brought up. For instance the prone. My favorite so far in this game is going up the first escalator choke point only to face 12 guys laying prone. While in the subway tunnels you have guys laying prone all over the place and with the broke ass spotting you will never see them until you get one red hit marker and dead.

That is an issue but I wonder if there will be a smoke grenade option in the unlocks? I tend to use flanking routes and look for scope flashes.

How about the kit selection and customize menus? Let me try and remember here is it circle, square, square, x, x,? Or some other combination? It's like putting in some cheat code you got out of playstation magazine. It wasn't broke before so why change it? The spawn menu selection method is shite but you can open up an easier method by presssing the square button. There you can easily cycle through options and then deploy from that screen. Maybe I will do a vid about that.

Bad guys and how to see them. Everyone looks the same! I can already tell spotting won't work and it's tough to differentiate friend and foe. I just shoot at anyone that doesn't immediately have a blue icon near them. I rather like not seeing floating names or triangles to shoot at all the time.

Basically this game feels in many way identical to MOH. What was the first thing you said when your first game started? Mine:"OH this doesn't look very good at all." MOH looks better and in same cases BC2 does as well. Graphically it isn't as pretty but this is old code. I am hoping that it get's ramped up a bit on the final release but we can't know yet.

Gameplay: Nothing new. I remember when I first played the BC2 beta and could immediately tell the game was a winner. Not my inpression this time. I know many of you liked the beta and I won't knock that, but I don't see why and haven't heard any reason why. I am hoping that when vehicles are introduced the landscape changes a bit more. I think this is just an amalgam of BF2 and BC2. Is it, so far, something so different that I am jaw to the floor in awe--no. But I like the slightly faster mechanics more than BC2 at this point. Remember that we are only seeing a very infantry friendly map.

theczech99
09-28-2011, 01:31 PM
There are things I like and things I donít like about the beta. The beta for MoH was barely even playable and after a few minutes of trying it out I was done with it. At least this beta is playable, not perfect but I want to play more.

My biggest issue is the recon class. I thought great they are adding in sway to the weapons but to compensate for the change they give the bastards a semiautomatic weapon instead of a bolt action. To me this defeats the purpose of the sway. Hell, remove the sway and give those idiots back their bolt action rifle because the sway is very minimal.

I do like that when a teammate is arming the mcom you can see the meter on the screen so you know to go into defending mode before itís fully armed. The same also when a teammate is disarming the mcom so you donít waste your time running in while some else has it handled.

Other than that Iím looking forward to playing the completed version of the game. If they made MoH playable after the beta was released Iím sure theyíll correct all the issues and bugs that are in the BF3 beta.

theczech99
09-28-2011, 01:42 PM
At least one of the engineers first unlocks is the Stinger or portable SAM. With weapons being able to lock onto targets there should be less chopper and jet whores in the not so friendly skies.

Beano
09-28-2011, 01:45 PM
See dinsdale I thought that to be successful in this as attackers you had to slow down. Whenever I went in on foot I would immediately get mowed down by the prone army. So now goes the belly crawl. I saw our guys doing this numerous times when I went to spawn on them. Then you spawn in on your belly and crawl along. This ISN"T fun. To have to crawl into the base???? Anyhow I hope you're right in your optimism. Not much time and much to fix. I have my doubts. Anyway I'll see you all out there tonight. Hopefully we can talk.

dinsdale1978
09-28-2011, 01:49 PM
See dinsdale I thought that to be successful in this as attackers you had to slow down. Whenever I went in on foot I would immediately get mowed down by the prone army. So now goes the belly crawl. I saw our guys doing this numerous times when I went to spawn on them. Then you spawn in on your belly and crawl along. This ISN"T fun. To have to crawl into the base???? Anyhow I hope you're right in your optimism. Not much time and much to fix. I have my doubts. Anyway I'll see you all out there tonight. Hopefully we can talk.

There is a smoke grenade for the Assault kit but I haven't unlocked it yet. That would help in moving as a squad. I agree that crawling all the way is boring but I usually sprint-crawl-check from cover-sprint again. As much as I want to charge in and blast everyone, I am trying to teach myself how these maps seemed to be designed. There are so many flanking routes that you can plan with a squad for success. I wish our chat worked last night and maybe I could have been more of a team player.

theczech99
09-28-2011, 01:53 PM

There is a smoke grenade for the Assault kit but I haven't unlocked it yet. That would help in moving as a squad. I agree that crawling all the way is boring but I usually sprint-crawl-check from cover-sprint again. As much as I want to charge in and blast everyone, I am trying to teach myself how these maps seemed to be designed. There are so many flanking routes that you can plan with a squad for success. I wish our chat worked last night and maybe I could have been more of a team player.
This is only one map and hopefully the shooting angles will change with more outdoor maps so there arenít so many prone defenders.

@Beano check your chat in the platoon!

Beano
09-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Yeah talking would be nice. Well I'm going to be stubborn as hell but I'm not going to crawl. I suspect I will be dead way more than alive in this game but oh well.

Hey the one thing I am extremely worried about and just asked my brother about this. He also would die immediately last night after only seeing one red "you just got hit" marker. You guys remember that this was how MOH was? Shot and dead. Was this happening at all with you guys last night? Were you able to at least try and get cover after getting shot at? Because I honestly had no time to react it was redmarker and instadeath. Just kind of worried that it wasn't my connection but how the game is.

Sheesh I always thought I was a Battlefield fanboy. Guess I'm not. Just trying to see it how it us with no bias. I really want to like this game :-s

dinsdale1978
09-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Yeah talking would be nice. Well I'm going to be stubborn as hell but I'm not going to crawl. I suspect I will be dead way more than alive in this game but oh well.

Hey the one thing I am extremely worried about and just asked my brother about this. He also would die immediately last night after only seeing one red "you just got hit" marker. You guys remember that this was how MOH was? Shot and dead. Was this happening at all with you guys last night? Were you able to at least try and get cover after getting shot at? Because I honestly had no time to react it was redmarker and instadeath. Just kind of worried that it wasn't my connection but how the game is.

Sheesh I always thought I was a Battlefield fanboy. Guess I'm not. Just trying to see it how it us with no bias. I really want to like this game :-s

I keep trying to read your post but that sig keeps distracting me. Yes, you die faster than BC2 but with a good Assault around you can rez your squad and keep moving. Let's get together and try some strategies. :hug:

theczech99
09-28-2011, 01:59 PM

Yes at times it felt like I was playing in a HC match.

Ullrsdog
09-28-2011, 02:09 PM

Beano - not to state the obvious but war isn't supposed to be fun...and it is about tactics...this brings me to my geek tactician stuff. Both my Father and my Brother are Army Airborne Rangers (Dad was in the herd of the 173rd) and my brother is attached to the 82nd Airbone (along with 2 gazillion other guys) but is a trained sniper and currently running as an EOD (explosive ordinance demolition) blows up IED's and that sort of thing...he's in Afghanistan until December. I Digress sorry...

So Tacticly we are trained to do something very simple in groups of 3-4. Man A spots cover and runs to it while B and C stay at the previous cover and provide suppressive fire if needed. When ready guy B runs to A, A provides cover along with C. Now C charges to A and B...B spots the rear and A and C watch the front. this is a tactic that was more or less developed by the 101st in WWII and is still used as are many of their tactics (flash or Frag the room first for instance)...So As Dinsdale mentions if we team up add some mobile cover (smoke), and have an assualt class, medic for healing, and engineer for ammo(I think he's an engineer NOOB I know1) this type of strategy can and will work. Yes it may mean crawl for some of it which is boring (again war not fun, Video games should be) but if the concept is to go for realism it sounds like they are getting close...

Just my opinion...and no I have to wait another day before I get to try it on for size.

jacknighttamer
09-28-2011, 02:10 PM
I was having the same problem of not being able to get down before being killed. I just thought it was that I suck :D But I did start doing better when I was the support class, bigger gun and bigger bullets. Maybe I'm compensating for something :-? =))

jacknighttamer
09-28-2011, 02:11 PM
By the way are any of us getting any work done today at our jobs =))

dinsdale1978
09-28-2011, 02:11 PM
I was having the same problem of not being able to get down before being killed. I just thought it was that I suck :D But I did start doing better when I was the support class, bigger gun and bigger bullets. Maybe I'm compensating for something :-? =))

That's why I like the PP-2000. :))

jacknighttamer
09-28-2011, 02:14 PM

That's why I like the PP-2000. :))

So what are you saying dinsdale :^o =))

theczech99
09-28-2011, 02:16 PM
:-q ^#(^

jacknighttamer
09-28-2011, 02:18 PM

Beano - not to state the obvious but war isn't supposed to be fun...and it is about tactics...this brings me to my geek tactician stuff. Both my Father and my Brother are Army Airborne Rangers (Dad was in the herd of the 173rd) and my brother is attached to the 82nd Airbone (along with 2 gazillion other guys) but is a trained sniper and currently running as an EOD (explosive ordinance demolition) blows up IED's and that sort of thing...he's in Afghanistan until December. I Digress sorry...

So Tacticly we are trained to do something very simple in groups of 3-4. Man A spots cover and runs to it while B and C stay at the previous cover and provide suppressive fire if needed. When ready guy B runs to A, A provides cover along with C. Now C charges to A and B...B spots the rear and A and C watch the front. this is a tactic that was more or less developed by the 101st in WWII and is still used as are many of their tactics (flash or Frag the room first for instance)...So As Dinsdale mentions if we team up add some mobile cover (smoke), and have an assualt class, medic for healing, and engineer for ammo(I think he's an engineer NOOB I know1) this type of strategy can and will work. Yes it may mean crawl for some of it which is boring (again war not fun, Video games should be) but if the concept is to go for realism it sounds like they are getting close...

Just my opinion...and no I have to wait another day before I get to try it on for size.

We might have to change the way we play from BC2. I know a lot of the time we wouldn't run all together and just kind of did our own thing. We should try out different strategies and see what works for Team MP, get our practice in so when the game comes out next month we are well oil'd machine.

Sup3rman
09-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Is it time to go home yet? I need to go home and play to know what the hell you guys are talking about. lol

Ullrsdog
09-28-2011, 02:26 PM

Jack I am a G-man work is a realitive term...

jacknighttamer
09-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Is it time to go home yet? I need to go home and play to know what the hell you guys are talking about. lol

Remember it will take two knife hits to kill someone from the front, no more of your quick knife from the front to get my tags =))

jacknighttamer
09-28-2011, 02:32 PM

=))

I'm an insurance agent so I never work =)) , the only reason I'm still at the office and not at home is because my wife is home today, and if I took off work to play a video game she would take my dog tags =))

xMisFitToyx
09-28-2011, 02:34 PM

=))

I'm an insurance agent so I never work =)) , the only reason I'm still at the office and not at home is because my wife is home today, and if I took off work to play a video game she would take my dog tags =))

Is that code for having your nuts :))

Ullrsdog
09-28-2011, 02:34 PM

=))

=))
The up side is it take 2 hits from the front!!! :D

Borlaxx
09-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Sounds like the beta isn't that impressive, but again, it is just the beta. Like someone said, the MoH beta was unplayable. Constant freezing and horrific hit detection. I never played the final build, but from what I understand DICE fixed most of the issues with the beta. At least hold out hope they will do the same with BF3 since it is a bigger release than MoH.

If the game ends up being a fail, I still have Uncharted 3, which had a great beta months ago to find problems, and Modern Warfare 3, which HOPEFULLY will be good.

mechatool
09-28-2011, 03:22 PM
I also ran into this issue on occasion.

Sup3rman
09-28-2011, 03:33 PM
I also ran into this issue on occasion.

For the whopping 7 minutes that I get to play this morning..this happens to me a lot!! I would shoot..and all of a sudden I'm on the floor dead..I didn't even feel the person shooting at me..man..i thought I was playing against some real good shooters. But then again..I only played for about 7 minutes..let's see how it is tonight.

johnnyh1976
09-28-2011, 05:07 PM

I'm actually on vacation this week. Had an absolute blast with the BETA last night and ran into numerous MP's. The voice chat was horrible on my end. It was weird. I was on the same team as a lot of you but in different squads. I was in a squad with randoms and I was able to hear czech and others that were not in my squad. It made things very confusing..or maybe that was the "herbal remedies" from earlier in the evening. My last few games I was in a squad with mechatool and dinsdale and we were doing quite well.

My biggest fear was that the game would be very much like MOH, gameplay and movement wise. I love MOH but the small maps and the "bang you're dead" factor without having time to react made me a litle worried. However I seemed to do OK and had a lot of fun playing with you guys.

I had to crash as I had a few things on the go today and wanted to be up early to spend some quality time with my girls. Some of you guys were on until 4-6AM my time.

I'm going to be on for a while tonight hope to see you all at some point. Won't be on too late tonight as I'm playing golf at 9:30AM and the course is about an hour from my house and have to get my 3 year old up and ready for a day at my mother's house while I enjoy a nice September day using every swear word in the book on the links....yup I suck at golf....but I love it!!

Cheers.

Beano
09-28-2011, 05:44 PM
I think that is the biggest beef I have with the game. Bang your dead with no time to counter or get cover. If anyone can find anything on the Internet about this issue, I would love you as I would like to read it. I can get past the fact that it doesn't look as nice as MOH, I can even get used to the massive button push to swap weapons, kits etc.. But if I can't shoot back and it takes a full clip to kill, it'll kill the game for me.

dinsdale1978
09-28-2011, 05:53 PM
I think that is the biggest beef I have with the game. Bang your dead with no time to counter or get cover. If anyone can find anything on the Internet about this issue, I would love you as I would like to read it. I can get past the fact that it doesn't look as nice as MOH, I can even get used to the massive button push to swap weapons, kits etc.. But if I can't shoot back and it takes a full clip to kill, it'll kill the game for me.

I only have had the one shot kills when I was either out gunned by being out of position or when I left myself out in the open. You can see in my vids that there are several times in which I take damage and go prone to get out of the way. Maybe they had an upgrade to their gun that put them on target faster? Let's try it all again and see if you get the same results on day two.

Beano
09-28-2011, 07:00 PM
I was just watching my son play and It was identical for him. I have att uverse hard wired to my console in the dmz. Not sure what else it could be. I also noticed watching him play that he would have crosshairs some of the time and other times nothing as if it were hardcore.

I have a question about the heavy barrel attachment. Does that make recoil better or worse?

dinsdale1978
09-28-2011, 07:01 PM
I was just watching my son play and It was identical for him. I have att uverse hard wired to my console in the dmz. Not sure what else it could be. I also noticed watching him play that he would have crosshairs some of the time and other times nothing as if it were hardcore.

I have a question about the heavy barrel attachment. Does that make recoil better or worse?

The Heavy Barrel is an attachment in Battlefield 3 that improves accuracy of Assault Rifles and carbines[1] while shooting but increases recoil and decreases automatic fire accuracy.[2]

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Heavy_Barrel

Gink
09-28-2011, 07:36 PM
Been watching gameplay videos since I have to wait til after work tomorrow before I get a shot at this... was looking at some of the UI changes and noticed when you get killed it shows a little thing up on the right saying "me 1 - foe 0" or somesuch, is that a count of how many times you have killed/been killed by a specific opponent? Or something else?

mechatool
09-29-2011, 01:15 AM
Good games last night. It sucks being on the opfor but I think the two teams made some great games. Very tactile.

Wildbill
09-29-2011, 07:01 AM
@Beano... Hey did it seem better to you the second day? I herad from alot of people day 2 was better than day 1. If so that's a good sign imho.

Good luck guys. I miss my ps3 buddys :cheers:

Cheer up beano :D

Borlaxx
09-29-2011, 07:12 AM
I hope to join you guys tonight. May not be till late after the wife goes to sleep, and may not be for long since I have to get up early.

Spike Forehand
09-29-2011, 07:42 AM
It may be my imagination, but the second night the graphics seemed a little cleaner. As for other issues, it was about the same. Went through a few bouts of lag and "bang you're dead" as Beeano has described, but for me the issue seems to come and go. Still some glitchy graphics spots where you end up under the map or get stuck.

Gameplay for me is still really fun and getting better as the community learns the maps. You really have to take your time and move up as a unit. Definitely helps to have at least one of each class on a squad - assault to drop health and revive, support to drop ammo and lay down cover fire, and recon to place mobile spawn points. Not sure about engineers being needed as much without tanks on the maps. Haven't unlocked the flashlight thingie yet. Anyone know what kit you get that with?

I played around for a while with the mobile spawn point thing. When you place it, all on your squad can use it- which can be extremely valuable and can give you extra points. Especially valuable when attacking if you get behind the enemy and put it there you can bust up a good defensive line.

The voice chat is still not working well - voices are choppy, but one interesting thing is that you can chat with all your friends that are playing - not just your squad mates. This will be great for Team MP matches. Still can't figure how to invite a player to your squad in game. If anyone figures that out please post for all.

Ullrsdog
09-29-2011, 08:02 AM
I hope to join you guys tonight. May not be till late after the wife goes to sleep, and may not be for long since I have to get up early.

Considering your location I won't likely see you (2 hour difference) if you get to bed early...I have card night tonight but will likely jump on even if just to download then. NAHHHH I know me I'll play if I don't pass out during the download.

Ullrsdog
09-29-2011, 08:04 AM

It made things very confusing..or maybe that was the "herbal remedies" from earlier in the evening. My last few games I was in a squad with mechatool and dinsdale and we were doing quite well.

Cheers.

Those usually make me better on ops...run Ninja and you hear everything to the point that the paranoid dilustions set in and you are spinning around to cover your ass every two seconds...

dinsdale1978
09-29-2011, 08:33 AM
It may be my imagination, but the second night the graphics seemed a little cleaner. As for other issues, it was about the same. Went through a few bouts of lag and "bang you're dead" as Beeano has described, but for me the issue seems to come and go. Still some glitchy graphics spots where you end up under the map or get stuck.

Gameplay for me is still really fun and getting better as the community learns the maps. You really have to take your time and move up as a unit. Definitely helps to have at least one of each class on a squad - assault to drop health and revive, support to drop ammo and lay down cover fire, and recon to place mobile spawn points. Not sure about engineers being needed as much without tanks on the maps. Haven't unlocked the flashlight thingie yet. Anyone know what kit you get that with?

I played around for a while with the mobile spawn point thing. When you place it, all on your squad can use it- which can be extremely valuable and can give you extra points. Especially valuable when attacking if you get behind the enemy and put it there you can bust up a good defensive line.

The voice chat is still not working well - voices are choppy, but one interesting thing is that you can chat with all your friends that are playing - not just your squad mates. This will be great for Team MP matches. Still can't figure how to invite a player to your squad in game. If anyone figures that out please post for all.

There is a splash page that says you can create a squad in the squad menu, but that isn't there. I guess that will be in the final version and not the beta. I have to agree that the hit or miss detection in the game is still due to connection issues. Though a few times Beeano hit me with his lasers and took me out before I could even squeeze the trigger. So it's not just him.

I don't know why they didn't give out smoke grenades as a kit option. If you are going to make so many easily camped choke points, wouldn't you want to put in a strategic counter as well?

I have heard some say they are cancelling their pre-order.

dinsdale1978
09-29-2011, 08:49 AM
Frankly, if they don't fix the VOIP and joining friends issues, I am going to get this on the Xbox.

theczech99
09-29-2011, 09:04 AM
So far Iím loving BF3! Add in a few vehicles and some more maps and I think it will be an excellent game. Yes there are many issues that need to be addressed before the release but this is a beta and not the demo that was released for BC2. I just hope they donít release a broken game like BO because MW3 comes out two weeks later.

My main concerns:

ēSquads are broken up when joining a game. Sometimes you are placed on the same team but in different squads.

ēThe hit detection at times is way the hell off. One game last night I was in a hallway with two other guys in front of me. We were all firing at 1 guy at the other end of the hallway. No one killed him and when he finally pulled up his gun and fired all three of us went down at the same time. The guy that killed us still had 100% of his health. While watching the kill cam someone on my team hit this same guy with an RPG and he still was standing there returning fire.

ēthis one may be my biggest issue with this game. Your kdr is shown on the scoreboard at the end of each round. I feel this may take away from some people trying to play as a team or support role and work only on their kdr. I absolutely hate that theyíve added this to the game.

Those are my biggest issues with the game so far.

The things that theyíve added I like:

ēthe amount of points you get for a kill assist is the same amount of points that you took off of a personís health. If you drain a person down to 3% left you get a 97 point kill assist if he goes down.

ē10 points give each time a squad member spawns on you and for a certain amount of spawns you will receive a ribbon worth 200 points.

ēRush winners receive 500 points for the win and losers still get 200 points for completing the game.

ēCover fire actually works and must be used to move up in the game at times. Last night a random guy and I used this to take out and move up to arm an objective. One of us would fire rounds down the hall way while the other moved up. We took turns firing and moving until we got into position so I could arm the mcom.

ēwhen you get revived you are a ghost for a few moments and given the option to accept the revive or stay dead.

I think the squad issue will be corrected when the game is released. In the hints section when waiting for the game to load it says you can create, leave and join friends in the squad menu in game. Leave and find are the only options available right now.

jacknighttamer
09-29-2011, 10:15 AM
Last night I could not join in on any MP :cuss: , Not sure if I will be on tonight, if I can I hopefully will be able to join you all. :pray:

theczech99
09-29-2011, 10:18 AM
Good games last night. It sucks being on the opfor but I think the two teams made some great games. Very tactile.
I played a little yesterday early in the night. I planned to get back online but got some sleep instead. Iím off work on Friday so I will be on extra-long tonight. I have a lot going on this weekend so Iím not sure how much time I will get Friday and Saturday night to play so I will have to make up for it tonight.

Ullrsdog
09-29-2011, 10:31 AM
So far Iím loving BF3!

ēCover fire actually works and must be used to move up in the game at times. Last night a random guy and I used this to take out and move up to arm an objective. One of us would fire rounds down the hall way while the other moved up. We took turns firing and moving until we got into position so I could arm the mcom.

this is what I was descibing yesterday if you guys missed it...from what I hear we'll need to work as a cohisve group be it 4 in a squad or 12 on a team separated into our own "squads"

Czech like I said I'll be on late too if I can...what you thinking for time? I'd likely get home between 12 and 1 your time...

Sup3rman
09-29-2011, 10:38 AM
I feel like I'm playing some sort of zombies game. I kept getting killed by crawlers (prone..I think this will be how people play the game) and guys who are half sticking out the ground (I'm sure they'll fix this). My worst fear came true with prone in this game..everyone and their mothers are just lying down waiting for you to come up the stairs..or through a tunnel..or over the wall..and that's not the worst part..before in BC2, since there were no proning you have guys jumping when you're trying to shoot at them..now..you have guys drop shot-ting you. I F****** hate that s***!!! Sorry about the negativity..just needed a place to vent. I'll still see you on the battlefield!

Sup3rman
09-29-2011, 10:40 AM
Last night I could not join in on any MP :cuss: , Not sure if I will be on tonight, if I can I hopefully will be able to join you all. :pray:

I was looking for a way to invite you but of course..I couldn't. I sent you a message hoping you'll join in the game since we had a couple slots open. Hopefully we can all squad up tonight. :cheers:

Sup3rman
09-29-2011, 10:43 AM
"this one may be my biggest issue with this game. Your kdr is shown on the scoreboard at the end of each round. I feel this may take away from some people trying to play as a team or support role and work only on their kdr. I absolutely hate that theyíve added this to the game."

@czech - We call them blueberries..you'll always have them. As long as our team is mostly MPs we'll be okay. Just thought it was cool how we can all communicate with each others even if we're not on the same team. This will be an incredible asset to us.

theczech99
09-29-2011, 10:48 AM
So far Iím loving BF3!

this is what I was descibing yesterday if you guys missed it...from what I hear we'll need to work as a cohisve group be it 4 in a squad or 12 on a team separated into our own "squads"

Czech like I said I'll be on late too if I can...what you thinking for time? I'd likely get home between 12 and 1 your time...
I'm off Friday so I hope to be on by 9PM cst and play until at least 2AM cst if possible. The only problem is that the squads are split up when you join a game and the guys in my squad usually think theyíre playing TDM and won't try to move forward.

Ullrsdog
09-29-2011, 10:50 AM

I was looking for a way to invite you but of course..I couldn't. I sent you a message hoping you'll join in the game since we had a couple slots open. Hopefully we can all squad up tonight. :cheers:

So it's time for some of the game designers to pull their head out and make it so drop shots are worthless. Think about it...fall to your belly while you hold on to even a pistol and see how accurate you are. when you hit the ground there should be a reaction that throws your aim off as if you arms just hit the ground...not to mention the jump shooting same thing. In all my wildest dreams I still don't see snipers jumping to see you over a rock and getting a kill shot not even close to likely...so until designers want it to be real then we'll have to deal.

Even moving from standing to crouching to prone while shooting will have an effect on your accuracy...unless you are doing it in a FPS... :(

theczech99
09-29-2011, 10:51 AM
"this one may be my biggest issue with this game. Your kdr is shown on the scoreboard at the end of each round. I feel this may take away from some people trying to play as a team or support role and work only on their kdr. I absolutely hate that theyíve added this to the game."

@czech - We call them blueberries..you'll always have them. As long as our team is mostly MPs we'll be okay. Just thought it was cool how we can all communicate with each others even if we're not on the same team. This will be an incredible asset to us.
This may be a bug/issue and when the beta is patched could be removed. It would be nice if it stays but i wouldn't be surprised if it's removed.

Psalm
09-29-2011, 11:13 AM
drop shotting has been in FPS's for a long time... unless they are a pro, it usually ends with them taking a headshot.

dinsdale1978
09-29-2011, 11:14 AM

So it's time for some of the game designers to pull their head out and make it so drop shots are worthless. Think about it...fall to your belly while you hold on to even a pistol and see how accurate you are. when you hit the ground there should be a reaction that throws your aim off as if you arms just hit the ground...not to mention the jump shooting same thing. In all my wildest dreams I still don't see snipers jumping to see you over a rock and getting a kill shot not even close to likely...so until designers want it to be real then we'll have to deal.

Even moving from standing to crouching to prone while shooting will have an effect on your accuracy...unless you are doing it in a FPS... :(

It isn't the same drop shot like you get in Call of Duty. Your gun actually takes about a second to adjust. It isn't as amazing as it is in Black Ops. I use the prone drop to mostly get out of the line of fire.

dinsdale1978
09-29-2011, 11:14 AM
drop shotting has been in FPS's for a long time... unless they are a pro, it usually ends with them taking a headshot.

Going down is the easy part. Getting up and shooting is much harder.

Sup3rman
09-29-2011, 11:38 AM
It's just very frustrating..that's all. Just like in any games players will find and use anything to their advantages. In the end it all evens out. Just give me a tank and they can drop shot all they want in front of me.

Ullrsdog
09-29-2011, 11:39 AM
It isn't the same drop shot like you get in Call of Duty. Your gun actually takes about a second to adjust. It isn't as amazing as it is in Black Ops. I use the prone drop to mostly get out of the line of fire.

Whew! glad to hear it's not that bad...silver lining I guess.

theczech99
09-29-2011, 11:41 AM
TMI!!! :sick:

RC-1136
09-29-2011, 11:42 AM

I always have complained about not being able to go prone in BC2. I wanted it so you can lay behind a half wall to reload behind cover. Now you can crouch, but you head is sticking out. I didn't want to go prone to drop shot in BF3 and I'm a COD drop shotter. It does take a littel while to get up. A well place grenade can take care of that problem of a prone camper.

Ullrsdog
09-29-2011, 11:44 AM
TMI!!! :sick:

Come on Czech! Sometimes that's the best part! :D

Ullrsdog
09-29-2011, 11:46 AM
I always have complained about not being able to go prone in BC2. I wanted it so you can lay behind a half wall to reload behind cover. Now you can crouch, but you head is sticking out. I didn't want to go prone to drop shot in BF3 and I'm a COD drop shotter. It does take a littel while to get up. A well place grenade can take care of that problem of a prone camper.

I agree...did just that last night...dropped a cooked frag right on top of that little camper :D but wow I may have to remove you from my freinds list ;) ...You COD Droppers crush me most of the time

Beano
09-29-2011, 11:49 AM
Curahee is right this game is turning into a campers paradise. There is no movement. What you have is attackers crWling forward and the defense all proned out all over the place. Everything people complained about in MOH is here. When Czech you say you love this game, what is good about it? What I've seen is this game turns players who were bad in BC into great campers.

I cancelled my pre order today! Im going to see if the beta is patched and hit detection improves.

Borlaxx
09-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Curahee is right this game is turning into a campers paradise. There is no movement. What you have is attackers crWling forward and the defense all proned out all over the place. Everything people complained about in MOH is here. When Czech you say you love this game, what is good about it? What I've seen is this game turns players who were bad in BC into great campers.

I cancelled my pre order today! Im going to see if the beta is patched and hit detection improves.
Wow, that was fast, but to each their own I guess. Hopefully things happen that change your mind.

I should get to try it for the first time tonight, and even if I don't like the beta I am going to keep in mind that it is just the beta and not representative of the final game, and that connection issues two days after the servers went live is to be expected and likely will get better as they work out the problems and bring more servers online. This game still has dedicated servers on the console, right?

If the prone campers get to be too much, I will either deal with it or play something else, although I can deal with prone campers defending an objective better than I can deal with those coward killstreak corner campers in COD games.

Sup3rman
09-29-2011, 12:01 PM

Nooooooooo!! :-o Say it ain't so Beano!! =((

RC-1136
09-29-2011, 12:02 PM

I agree...did just that last night...dropped a cooked frag right on top of that little camper :D but wow I may have to remove you from my freinds list ;) ...You COD Droppers crush me most of the time

That's why you should leave me on, so you can be on my team.

I think there is camping because the beta is new and it is only on map and people are still getting the feel of it.

Sup3rman
09-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Like I mentioned earlier..just give us a couple of tanks and they can camp all they want. :)

Borlaxx
09-29-2011, 12:07 PM
People reacting negatively to unfinished builds of the game and judging the final game on their experience in the beta may be the reason why many companies don't do open betas. It ends up turning people off who may have otherwise picked up the better final version when it comes out. I know that was the case with me and MoH. I had it pre-ordered. Then I played the craptastic beta. Cancelled my pre-order and have never played the game.

I think these companies either need to release a beta months ahead of the game's release so people know it is an early build and that things will be fixed or improved before release, or don't do one at all. All a "beta" a month before the game is supposed to come out does is cause people to worry that the problems in it, that may already be fixed, will not be fixed before the game comes out. If you are going to do a demo, which really that is all a "beta" a month before release is, then do one with the close to final code with most of the problems already fixed.

dinsdale1978
09-29-2011, 12:09 PM
People reacting negatively to unfinished builds of the game and judging the final game on their experience in the beta may be the reason why many companies don't do open betas. It ends up turning people off who may have otherwise picked up the better final version when it comes out. I know that was the case with me and MoH. I had it pre-ordered. Then I played the craptastic beta. Cancelled my pre-order and have never played the game.

I think these companies either need to release a beta months ahead of the game's release so people know it is an early build and that things will be fixed or improved before release, or don't do one at all. All a "beta" a month before the game is supposed to come out does is cause people to worry that the problems in it, that may already be fixed, will not be fixed before the game comes out. If you are going to do a demo, which really that is all a "beta" a month before release is, then do one with the close to final code with most of the problems already fixed.

Well said Nate. Too many are treating this like a demo. I have read many posts from DICE talking about fixes they are making within the next day. Let's not give up on a game so soon. This is one map and one mode in a game with many things to show.

mechatool
09-29-2011, 12:13 PM
The prone campers don't bother me. When we work together as a team to move forward the prone campers are a non issue. I think the game is more taticle with the prone campers who try to hold down a choke point. You need to spot, flank or breach their defense head on.

theczech99
09-29-2011, 12:20 PM

I have armed mcoms like crazy but Iím usually alone and no one is with me to defend it. Due to the squads being split up all the time I have no back up once I arm an objective. I always seem to find a hole in the other teamís defense and can get in behind them. Flanking always worked in BC2 and works in BF3. The only problem is everyone else is staying so far back thereís not much support.

If we donít stick together as a squad the game will be difficult to win. Every time Iíve been in a squad I see four green triangles going in opposite directions. Stick together; work together and we will win together.

The next to last set of mcoms in the subway A is always armed and destroyed first. Itís easiest out of the two to get to. Once A is destroyed no one goes that way anymore. If itís the easiest way to get into their base why not keep going that way? I keep attacking from that direction and get behind them all the time but me by myself canít take out all twelve guys on the other team. This game will require teamwork to win as Sam has said repeatedly and thatís what I love about BF3.

Sup3rman
09-29-2011, 12:26 PM
+1

Curahee!! "We stand alone, together" :)

Spike Forehand
09-29-2011, 12:30 PM
The prone campers don't bother me. When we work together as a team to move forward the prone campers are a non issue. I think the game is more taticle with the prone campers who try to hold down a choke point. You need to spot, flank or breach their defense head on.

+1

One could argue that in this game, as irl, "prone camping" to cover a line of attack is a valid defensive tactic against foot soldiers. I am not too proud to say that I was using it extensively last night when defending - most notably on the upstairs set of MCOM's in the subway station. The inclusion in the game of the ability to lay down suppressing fire lends itself to prone camping support soldiers with LMG's.

I think the ways to defeat it are the use of vehicles and/or explosives combined with good communications amongst teammates. Unfortunately we don't really have either of those available to us yet.

Sup3rman
09-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Back to war stories, last night as we were attacking the 3rd set of Mcomms..up the stairs I noticed two "dead" bodies as I walked past them I noticed they were moving back and forth like in BC2 after you blow them up their bodies still shook back and forth. However, just to be safe I decided to shoot them and good things because they weren't dead at all. I guess they got stuck under the map and couldn't really see me walk past them. This will be my new strategy..Shoot anything that's on the ground!

On a better note..I got my first MP tag last night..too bad it doesn't count..yet. lol

Ullrsdog
09-29-2011, 12:45 PM
[quote="RC-1136":3r3tty1j]

That's why you should leave me on, so you can be on my team.

I think there is camping because the beta is new and it is only on map and people are still getting the feel of it.[/quote:3r3tty1j]

GOOD POINT!!!

sureMOE
09-29-2011, 12:47 PM
Oh man! All this negative sentiment is making me a bit worried. I freaking hated dolphin divers and those who abused prone in BF2. That, claymores and grenade spamming almost ruined the game. I sure hope they can find a way to counter the prone stuff. But, I would agree that playing as a squad is going to become even more important. I have been finding in the last couple months if I run off and just do my own thing, even while in a squad, I get beat up way more. Also, this map is total infantry. Get more vehicles and perks in there as well as a good squad and you should be able to counter their defenses. Hopefully the hit detection is improved because I hate HC mode!

sureMOE

RC-1136
09-29-2011, 01:04 PM

I agree. Everyone on TeamMP works great a s a team. That is why my W/L is 2 to 1. My record while attacking is 141-28. I'm not worry about people sitting back while I'm playing with a team of MP's. Let 'em camp. We'll F them up. Bitches.

Sup3rman
09-29-2011, 01:09 PM
It would be really cool if we have napalm..clear out them bushes! lol

sureMOE
09-29-2011, 01:24 PM
After watching Dinsdale's video, it doesn't look as bad as I thought! I guess it's time to just stick closer to my squad mates and start barking out some orders if someone isn't already! :cheers:

dinsdale1978
09-29-2011, 01:27 PM

+1

One could argue that in this game, as irl, "prone camping" to cover a line of attack is a valid defensive tactic against foot soldiers. I am not too proud to say that I was using it extensively last night when defending - most notably on the upstairs set of MCOM's in the subway station. The inclusion in the game of the ability to lay down suppressing fire lends itself to prone camping support soldiers with LMG's.

I think the ways to defeat it are the use of vehicles and/or explosives combined with good communications amongst teammates. Unfortunately we don't really have either of those available to us yet.

I think you can unlock a smoke grenade on the Assault kit. I am going to try for that tonight and see if I can get there. That with a support throwing ammo to me would help get us moving forward.

theczech99
09-29-2011, 02:02 PM
I just checked the platoon to add spike as a friend and I see Beano is online playing the beta right now! [-x

Sup3rman
09-29-2011, 02:12 PM
I sent him a message but I don't think he got it. It also shows that you were online..sent you a message..but got nothing back as well. Why don't you guys want to talk to me!!! =))

theczech99
09-29-2011, 02:17 PM
I sent him a message but I don't think he got it. It also shows that you were online..sent you a message..but got nothing back as well. Why don't you guys want to talk to me!!! =))
check now, see if it worked.

RC-1136
09-29-2011, 03:13 PM

We just want to practice playing with you without communicating so we will be ready for the next time the dog eats your headset.

Beano
09-29-2011, 03:13 PM
I know everyone hopes this is a beta and to a certain extent it is. I'm sure they will fix the comms and graphic glitches but that's probably it. However with the time until release I'm afraid this is for the most part a demo. I remember playing the BC2 beta and that thing was love at first play. It was very polished. This insta death is going to give me a massive coronary I'm afraid. However with that said I'm still playing the beta and trying to find a role I enjoy.

If I can find a bad guy with his back to me I can half the time kill him. But those face to face encounters are like coming around a corner and being dropped dead by a death ray.

xMisFitToyx
09-29-2011, 07:59 PM
1st game my dogs decided they needed to go outside ... so I layed the controller down and took them outside. By the time I got back the game was almost over so I didn't get a good feel for it.

2nd game we were defending ... we lost. BUT I went 17 kills 7 deaths .... I was on fire. I was playing support class supplying ammo, laying down cover fire and killin some op4. :devil:

I tried my best to knife a guy several times ... he's ducked down (not prone) in a bush and I'm swiping away at him moving all around him to get a better shot (this guy should have been chum). After about 30 seconds of that ... he sees me turns and shoots me. I guess I shouldn't have been sooo greedy for those tags. #-o

NeloMelo
09-29-2011, 08:24 PM
At least you are not getting killed buy curhee and the rest of the crew,like I did my first time trying the beta :D

dinsdale1978
09-29-2011, 11:55 PM
Okay I take back any bad things I said. I had a blast tonight and once you unlock more toys it just gets fun. The IR scope is a great tool to defend with in the subway. I have a vid coming out tomorrow with it.

theczech99
09-30-2011, 02:19 AM
Okay I take back any bad things I said. I had a blast tonight and once you unlock more toys it just gets fun. The IR scope is a great tool to defend with in the subway. I have a vid coming out tomorrow with it.
Damn good night! It started out ugly but turned quickly! The pistol with the flashlight is a beast.

What's funny is that the game is so new to everyone that people will lay on an enemy mobil spawn point thinking there doing a good job of hiding. You get to spawn on top of them for some easy kills. listen for the cb radio sounds and if it's not on the map when you find one it must be destroyed.

I took out a full four man squad at one time defending the last game I played. After they were all dead I stood in the middle of their dead bodies and gave them a good ol t-bag'n! =))

johnnyh1976
09-30-2011, 06:13 AM
I took out a full four man squad at one time defending the last game I played. After they were all dead I stood in the middle of their dead bodies and gave them a good ol t-bag'n! =))

I may have been part of that squad. I know for a while last night you and Borlaxx were making me your little beyotch!! Guns, knives,whatever you were getting me from every angle. I did however leave Borlaxx a nice little surprise when he got to the top of the escalators going for the second set of comms in the subway. We both looked at each other and before he could shoot.....BLAMMO!!!....I was having a blast (pardon the pun) with the C4.

Awesome games though and a strong MP showing on both sides. I was having mic issues and could not hear anyone at all. I was in a squad with Beanno, Curhee, and GetGot and could not hear anyone. I made sure that it was charged and that I was connected...but nothing. Also on our side was Spike4hand, Jacknighttamer, and there may have been others. Opposing side during the evening I ran into MisFitToy, Dinsdale, BeansTwoNiner, Mechatool....and of course Czech and Borlaxx.

By looking at your scores Borlaxx, it looked like you didn't take long at all to get used to the feel of this one. All in all great games. Oct. 25 can't come soon enough. See you all soon.

RC-1136
09-30-2011, 07:00 AM
Johnnyh, you remec and getgot kicked me ass last night. I was cursing you out when you kept planting c-4 at the top of the escalator. "Fucking Johnny." =)) I think MisFitToys and Borlaxx was with me when I was yelling at you.

I got to be honest. I am struggling hard with this game. To me it plays a little more like a COD game than BC2. It is a little faster and the kills come a little quicker which is good and bad. I'm not sure what my overall opinion is so far. Only played for about 2 hours. There are things I like and hate. The tactical light sucks IMO. I do like going prone and I like how the assult kit has the medic abilities now. With the exception of the texture of the vegetation the graphics are great. I need to play some more to get more of a feeling of the game. I had trouble finding a sensitivity that I liked. It is getting better with the more items I unlock.

Borlaxx
09-30-2011, 08:21 AM
Okay, I played the beta for the first time last night. I only played for about an hour and a half, and I am certainly going to play some more, but my first impression is that it isnít bad, but it isnít great, either. It seems like an extremely rough work in progress, and although I know it is only the beta and not the final build, I do worry about some of the issues not being fixed prior to release, if at all.

THE GOOD
- The weapons. Although I have only used two classes so far, I really liked the default guns for the assault and support classes. The guns do kick, but not in an unmanageable way, and nowhere near as bad as in BRINK which is what I am used to at this point. I was able to use full auto for mid to close range without a problem and was able to pick off enemies in the distance with burst fire pretty well. The guns movement and weight were very satisfying. I know this has only been two guns so far, but from what I have read pretty much all the guns are fun to use.

- The controls. They controls felt very responsive and were fun. Not once did I find the controls to be a hindrance.

- The game sound. Like in BC2, it is amazing. Fantastic sound effects when using my headset. Unfortunately, canít say the same about the voice chat (see below).

- The mode. It has been awhile since I played a BF game, and the Rush mode is still awesome. I am used to playing for objectives in BRINK since that is what I have been playing the past few months, and I get bored with standard TDM now really fast. I am looking forward to more maps with this mode.

- Fun factor. Despite the numerous problems I experienced last night, I still had a lot of fun. I can only imagine how awesome it will be when the chat and squad system actually work well. Got me several pairs of MP dog tags last night too, which was awesome!

THE ďMEHĒ
- The graphics. They arenít bad, but they arenít nearly as good as I expected. I knew they werenít going to be as good as the PC vids we have seen, but I have to say I was not impressed. They are better than Homefront and BRINK, but IMO not as good as even BC2, and not anywhere near as good as MW2. The textures seemed flat and blurry, especially on the trees and bushes, and the character models seemed kind of blocky to me. I know this is the beta, and hopefully the final build will look better, but if it doesnít it seems that the hype about this gameís graphics doesnít apply to the console versions, and Modern Warfare 3 will more than likely be the better looking game on the consoles. But like I have said multiple times already, I am coming from BRINK, so obviously great graphics arenít my #1 priority.

- The destruction. Maybe it is the map, but I didnít see much destruction going on at all last night. Maybe it is toned down in the beta, because if not, it seems nerfed in comparison to BC2 when I thought it was supposed to be better. In the subway the walls seemed indestructible. The only real destruction I saw was when I threw a grenade and took down a tree, but even that animation seemed stiff and unrealistic looking. I donít know, I hope the destruction is better in the final game, or I am just missing it and it is there, because the ability to take down just about any wall to open up new paths to an objective is one of the things that made BC2 unique and dynamic. This just seems way more linear.

- The map. Like someone else said, this map seems more like a COD map than a BF map. In comparison to the maps in BC2, this map is much more linear with obvious chokepoints. The outside areas are more open, but still didnít seem very large, and the subway is a downright corridor shooter. Maybe there is more to the subway part than I noticed in my brief experience, but the lack of destruction plus limited pathways = meat grinder in my experience. Hopefully I will like the map more once I play it some more, but I wouldnít rate it as one of the better maps if it was in BC2 instead. Also, like others, I saw people falling into the map at certain points.

- Knifing. It is just me, or is the knifing off a bit? There were a couple times when I would knife at someone behind them and my knife would just go through them and nothing would happen. Had to try three times to get Johnnyís tagsÖ.the first time.

THE BAD
- Hit detection. Something is wrong with the hit detection. Like others, I experienced multiple times where someone seemed to kill me instantly and much faster than they should, although I am pretty sure there were times I was the one armed with the laser. Also had several times where I would shoot at someone, hear hit markers, die, and then in the kill cam it would show they still had 100% health even though I know I got hit markers on them. I am not sure if this is lag or bad coding, but either way, this is my single biggest worry. Bad hit detection = broken game. It is the reason why I stopped playing Black Ops on PS3.

- The voice chat. I donít know about the rest of you, but on my end it was pretty much completely broken last night. I could hardly understand anything anyone was saying. I would hear maybe one out of 5 words clearly, and the rest would be garbled or cut out entirely. The only time I heard anyone clearly was when Czech first joined, but soon after it was hard to understand him. More than once I would hear someone say ďBorlaxxĒ like they were going to tell me something, but I couldnít understand what they were saying. If it seemed like I was ignoring you, it wasnít because I was trying to be a jerk. I just gave up trying to hear people. Also, there was more than once where we could hear people who werenít even part of our squad. I donít think it is supposed to be like that.

- The squad system. Again, seems broken. I was able to join in on Misfit when I fist started playing, but others tried to join our squad and were not able, even though we could hear them on the chat. Makes me wonder if they game thinks you are in the same squad which explains why we can hear each other on the chat, but for some reason doesnít actually put you in the same squad.

- Display glitches. Multiple times last night when watching the kill cam all I would see is a grey screen with random shapes rather than my killer. Also, at least 10 times the game video would freeze for about a second or two (although the audio was still going) and then would unfreeze. I am not sure if this is coding or lag related. I am thinking maybe lag, because sometimes when this would happen I would notice that a teammate who was in front of me would not be there anymore when it unfroze. Has anyone else noticed this? I donít have lag issues in other games, and this is suppose to be dedicated servers I thought.

Conclusion
Someone on the 360 War Stories thread said the beta reminded them a bit of Homefront. I would have to agree. While the foundation for a fantastic game is here, it just seems like an unfinished work in progress with way too many glitches. Unlike HF, I didnít have any hard freezes, so I guess that is good.

I wasnít impressed with the graphics like I thought I would be, but I am keeping in mind this is the beta and hopefully the final game will look better, and even if it doesnít, that isnít a deal breaker for me coming from the *meh* looking world of BRINK.

I am praying the final game will be better, the hit detection (the only game breaking problem) will be fixed, the chat and squad features will be improved (otherwise will suck for clans), and the additional of vehicles will make other maps more dynamic than this one.

If they fix these issues, I will be picking this game up for sure to play with MPs because the fun factor is there even with these problems, and after last night my taste for MP dog tags has been established.

I just hope they patch the beta at some point to give us an idea of what the final build will be like. If they do not, I may wait to pick up my pre-order until I hear back from other MPs who can tell me how the final game compares to the beta.

One thing is for sure -- I would be feeling a lot better about this game if they did this beta months ago rather than a month before release.

Borlaxx
09-30-2011, 08:23 AM
I may have been part of that squad. I know for a while last night you and Borlaxx were making me your little beyotch!! Guns, knives,whatever you were getting me from every angle. I did however leave Borlaxx a nice little surprise when he got to the top of the escalators going for the second set of comms in the subway. We both looked at each other and before he could shoot.....BLAMMO!!!....I was having a blast (pardon the pun) with the C4.
LOL! I remember that. "Oh, I got you johnny! Wait, why is my corpse flying threw the air?" =))

Despite the issues with the beta, I did have fun last night. Especially when I got several sets of MP tags, including yours, Remec's, and I believe Getgot's as well. B-)

Come get some :bringiton: :p

By looking at your scores Borlaxx, it looked like you didn't take long at all to get used to the feel of this one.
My first game I did horrible, but I started to get the hang of it after that. I feel that playing BRINK these past couple months has turned me into a better player. Suppression fire rules!

Psalm
09-30-2011, 08:36 AM
I played for an hour or 2 last night...
I agree with most of your observations Borlaxx. Although I never had any hit detection issues. most people died when I shot them.
I really enjoyed myself. I didn't get to team up (I tried with Lore but, the game froze and I had to reset my PS3.
After playing HF for a few months this game is much better. But, it does have that glitchy feel to it.
I really do hope it gets better in that aspect. I really loved the gameplay part though...
I like the unlock tree and the ribbons... fun stuff. Even got a nice 10 kill streak

SlapLaB
09-30-2011, 08:39 AM
Just played a few games of the Beta (after pre-ordering the full game...)
I agree with what everybody said, it's a bit disappointing... although still fun. I did not have the "wow" factor like when I saw Port Valdez in the BC2 beta.
Maybe I did not play enough to understand the map, so I was kind of running around like a headless chicken.
I found enemies extremely hard to see (maybe it's because I was new) PLUS they can be prone. It means that most of the time when I was alone my life expectancy was not very high...

We need MP squad play badly for this game.

xMisFitToyx
09-30-2011, 08:41 AM
Johnnyh, you remec and getgot kicked me ass last night. I was cursing you out when you kept planting c-4 at the top of the escalator. "Fucking Johnny." =)) I think MisFitToys and Borlaxx was with me when I was yelling at you.

I got to be honest. I am struggling hard with this game. To me it plays a little more like a COD game than BC2. It is a little faster and the kills come a little quicker which is good and bad. I'm not sure what my overall opinion is so far. Only played for about 2 hours. There are things I like and hate. The tactical light sucks IMO. I do like going prone and I like how the assult kit has the medic abilities now. With the exception of the texture of the vegetation the graphics are great. I need to play some more to get more of a feeling of the game. I had trouble finding a sensitivity that I liked. It is getting better with the more items I unlock.

You kept me entertained last night .... Fuck GetGot got me .... Fuck GetGot got me .... Fuck Johhny .... Etc...Etc...

Most games I seemed to get owned by other MP's and some random named Boomstar ?? but a couple of games i did very well in. Overall I had a blast ....

There are a lot of problems with this beta
* communication
* loadouts changing when you respawn
* at one time I couldn't ADS
* I would respawn as a different class without choosing it
* sometimes I had a scope available for my LMG sometimes not
* if you try to walk too close to a wall or a subway train it will make you go prone automatically
* you have to jump over very small objects that you should be able to just run or walk over
* after I got my sprint ability ... sometimes I could sprint sometimes I couldn't
* my screen several times a minute would have this bluish flicker
* sometimes I could kill with a knife .. other times it wouldn't kill with a perfectly place slash
* my last 2 games I couldn't sprint ... but it felt like I would take 2 steps forward then have this freakishly unusual stutter like I was taking a step backwards

TonkaToys
09-30-2011, 08:42 AM
I agree with B on the voice chat - which was unusable and ended up with everyone being silent.
I was also unimpressed with the destructability of the environment, because there didn't seem to be enough.

Can someone explain what you are expecting from the squad thing (being new to BF/BC); I get in then decide I don't want to be in the particular squad because there are no MPs in it, so I leave the squad and try to find another but it keeps bringing the same people up. Am I just being too slow? Is it meant to remember squads between games? Thanks.

PS: JohnnyH I don't think I've got a friend invite from you? And GetGot too.

PPS: Don't forget to join the Team MP platoon on Battlelogs: viewtopic.php?f=108&t=3373 (http://teammp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=3373)

dinsdale1978
09-30-2011, 08:44 AM
I agree with B on the voice chat - which was unusable and ended up with everyone being silent.
I was also unimpressed with the destructability of the environment, because there didn't seem to be enough.

Can someone explain what you are expecting from the squad thing (being new to BF/BC); I get in then decide I don't want to be in the particular squad because there are no MPs in it, so I leave the squad and try to find another but it keeps bringing the same people up. Am I just being too slow? Is it meant to remember squads between games? Thanks.

PS: JohnnyH I don't think I've got a friend invite from you? And GetGot too.

PPS: Don't forget to join the Team MP platoon on Battlelogs: viewtopic.php?f=108&t=3373 (http://teammp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=3373)

This isn't the final build. This is at least 2 months old code that had some destructability turned down. Though this isn't Red Faction so you can't take out EVERYTHING.

The voice chat is broken on the PS3 and I don't know how they will fix it. If only we had an Xbox like party system.

I think they are fixing the squad stuff for final release. It says you can create a squad in game but you can't--yet.

dinsdale1978
09-30-2011, 08:50 AM

You kept me entertained last night .... Fuck GetGot got me .... Fuck GetGot got me .... Fuck Johhny .... Etc...Etc...

Most games I seemed to get owned by other MP's and some random named Boomstar ?? but a couple of games i did very well in. Overall I had a blast ....

There are a lot of problems with this beta
* communication
* loadouts changing when you respawn
* at one time I couldn't ADS
* I would respawn as a different class without choosing it
* sometimes I had a scope available for my LMG sometimes not
* if you try to walk too close to a wall or a subway train it will make you go prone automatically
* you have to jump over very small objects that you should be able to just run or walk over
* after I got my sprint ability ... sometimes I could sprint sometimes I couldn't
* my screen several times a minute would have this bluish flicker
* sometimes I could kill with a knife .. other times it wouldn't kill with a perfectly place slash
* my last 2 games I couldn't sprint ... but it felt like I would take 2 steps forward then have this freakishly unusual stutter like I was taking a step backwards

*yes the comms are broken on PS3
*your kit may have changed by accident in the menu if you hit anything before spawning.
*The ADS glitch is known and being addressed.
*your class probably changed because you hit the d-pad without knowing it. The kit selection in the squad menu is sensitive.
*I haven't seen the prone issue yet.
*I have found that the sprint can sometimes glitch out a bit but if you let go of the stick and try again it wiil work. There is a fatigue aspect to running so maybe your hit your "runners' wall"
*The flicker is known and is across all systems. That will be fixed.
*Knifing is harder now and if you aren't sneaking up on someone it's probably best not to do it. It's a two hit kill when not from the back.
*That sounds like server lag to me. Though has anyone noticed that it seems like you glide faster when sprinting and reloading?

TonkaToys
09-30-2011, 08:51 AM
OK cheers - this is so new to me that I don't really know what to expect.

I will say that I did enjoy it, and didn't have half the problems that Beeano seems to have done.

(Dins, Just watched your IR vid too).

RC-1136
09-30-2011, 08:58 AM
One thing I want to mention about the beta. I don't like the map. IMO it was a poor choice for the beta. Metro to me is more of a COD map not a BF one. It is very tight with too many choke points. It isn't as open and big as the BC2 maps. I wonder if the did this for COD fans who would be playing the beta. To give them something that is more condusive to there style of play so they will buy the game. Part of what I like about BF is spawning far away, getting into vehicles with your squad and raising hell on the way to the objective. Then using teamwork to keep your squad sspawning near the objective. Metro misses some of that to me. I think that is why the beta feels a little like COD to me. I don't want BF to be anything like COD. I am a fan of both games, but I want them to be different.

I am still very excited for the game and like the beta so far. I just can't see Metro being one of my favorite maps.

dinsdale1978
09-30-2011, 10:04 AM
One thing I want to mention about the beta. I don't like the map. IMO it was a poor choice for the beta. Metro to me is more of a COD map not a BF one. It is very tight with too many choke points. It isn't as open and big as the BC2 maps. I wonder if the did this for COD fans who would be playing the beta. To give them something that is more condusive to there style of play so they will buy the game. Part of what I like about BF is spawning far away, getting into vehicles with your squad and raising hell on the way to the objective. Then using teamwork to keep your squad sspawning near the objective. Metro misses some of that to me. I think that is why the beta feels a little like COD to me. I don't want BF to be anything like COD. I am a fan of both games, but I want them to be different.

I am still very excited for the game and like the beta so far. I just can't see Metro being one of my favorite maps.

I totally agree with the terrible map selection. Though I wonder if they are trying to lure in COD players with smaller maps and more close quarters combat?

RC-1136
09-30-2011, 10:08 AM

I totally agree with the terrible map selection. Though I wonder if they are trying to lure in COD players with smaller maps and more close quarters combat?

That is what I'm thinking. That is what I was trying to say above. This beta doesn't seem to be for the hard core BF players that will buy the game no matter what.

Borlaxx
09-30-2011, 10:21 AM

That is what I'm thinking. That is what I was trying to say above. This beta doesn't seem to be for the hard core BF players that will buy the game no matter what.
That is what I am afraid of. If I buy a Battlefield game, I want a Battlefield game. If I wanted a COD game, I would buy MW3.

BF games are awesome because they are different, and if they want to compete directly for the COD crowd they are going to have a hard time, because even if you don't like the run-and-gun COD games I think you would have a hard time finding a game that does that style of game better than the MW games. MW2 was flawless from a technical standpoint, and MW3 will likely also be very well made since it uses the same engine. BF shouldn't try to compete at being the same. They should continue to compete by being different.

theczech99
09-30-2011, 10:26 AM

I like the Metro map because it has two sets of mcoms in the open part of the map and 2 in a more confined section. IMO it has a nice mixture of objectives. Almost every map on BC2 has choke points within each map. It's just not as noticeable when you're outdoors.

RC-1136
09-30-2011, 10:37 AM

I like the Metro map because it has two sets of mcoms in the open part of the map and 2 in a more confined section. IMO it has a nice mixture of objectives. Almost every map on BC2 has choke points within each map. It's just not as noticeable when you're outdoors.

But there are always ways around those choke points. I don't feel like there are in Metro. I haven't played it a lot yet, so maybe I just ahven't found them yet.

dinsdale1978
09-30-2011, 10:43 AM
I have heard that if you are in a squad at the main menus and one of your squad is dimmed out, they won't be in your squad in game. Everyone needs to select the quick match menu and then the squad leader can enter the match. Let's try that tonight.

Psalm
09-30-2011, 10:48 AM
I know I turned up my contrast quite a bit in the menu due to it being fairly dark.
I did setup in the left tunnel prone with bipod after the first set of mcoms with my assault kit and mowed down at least 6 or so people running in the big open entrance.
Yes, it was camping...but, the baby buffalo like to roam.

That said...the amount of people proned out sniping is insane.

Ullrsdog
09-30-2011, 11:08 AM
I know I turned up my contrast quite a bit in the menu due to it being fairly dark.
I did setup in the left tunnel prone with bipod after the first set of mcoms with my assault kit and mowed down at least 6 or so people running in the big open entrance.
Yes, it was camping...but, the baby buffalo like to roam.

That said...the amount of people proned out sniping is insane.

Yes the prone snipers were a bit much...but it was also a bit COD-ish when I decided to flank around the park and grabbed 4 dog tags and a knife kill before one of their guys got me back.
The dog tag steal animation is rather cool but it is a bit slow...the side knife seemed very quick

Played for 1.5hrs after I got home from cards at 130 in the morn all thing considered that made a 23hour day for me but playing was worth it. I really had no issue with graphics or movements other than getting trapped in a bomb hole when I spawned but whatever. Never won match and unlocked some stuff...I seemed to do best running support but had some fun recon moments and engineer was fun to blowup the walls on the building when the mcom is down by the bus

sam007
09-30-2011, 11:17 AM
I shot an EOD bot in the subway after I had ran by, went "WTF was that?" turned back, took a closer look to make sure it was what I thought I saw, shot it and got equipment destroy points. :D

theczech99
09-30-2011, 11:23 AM
I shot an EOD bot in the subway after I had ran by, went "WTF was that?" turned back, took a closer look to make sure it was what I thought I saw, shot it and got equipment destroy points. :D
Is it big enough to road kill a player in the prone position? Do you think it will carry C4?

sam007
09-30-2011, 11:28 AM
@ Czech, I'm not sure cause I have yet to really play the engineer class so this would be best answered by another MP who has unlocked it.

But the EOD looks about knee high and watch out for a black moving object.

Gink
09-30-2011, 11:36 AM
I haven't seen the eod bot in-game yet, but saw some footage of it in action the other day. Someone was using it to defend one of the mcoms in the first set, hiding in a corner then zipping out to cook guys with its blowtorch and disarm the mcom. Didn't see it roadkill any of them, definitely torched a few prone guys though. It's blowtorch seems to kill fairly quickly, and it seemed to be getting shot a fair amount but still winning face-offs. Was kinda crazy, and something to watch out for once people get more of these toys unlocked.

theczech99
09-30-2011, 11:44 AM
I haven't seen the eod bot in-game yet, but saw some footage of it in action the other day. Someone was using it to defend one of the mcoms in the first set, hiding in a corner then zipping out to cook guys with its blowtorch and disarm the mcom. Didn't see it roadkill any of them, definitely torched a few prone guys though. It's blowtorch seems to kill fairly quickly, and it seemed to be getting shot a fair amount but still winning face-offs. Was kinda crazy, and something to watch out for once people get more of these toys unlocked.
It takes 72,000 engineer points to unlock Johnny 5. I'm going to work on my engineer class to see if I can get it unlocked before the beta ends.

dinsdale1978
09-30-2011, 11:46 AM
Is it big enough to road kill a player in the prone position? Do you think it will carry C4?

It does road kill and I think you can burn players with the welding torch.

Gink
09-30-2011, 11:49 AM
I had more frustrations with my first day in the beta than I had expected. Probably mostly from feeling like a lost newb all over again. When I started playing BC2 multiplayer last winter, I went in expecting to die over and over again as I learned the ropes and improved. Going into this I thought I'd be able to hold my own so had many frustrating moments with dying before I knew I was hit, and just generally feeling like I was getting brutalized. But every time I put the controller down and walked away, it wasn't long before I was itching to get back in there.

I am hopeful for the finished product, as I expect the major bugs will get fixed. The broken voice chat and squads was a bummer, but I was probably most frustrated by the hit tracking, both being dead as soon as I see I'm getting hit, and unloading into someone and watching them walk away.

But it's fun and I'm sure I'll enjoy it more and more as I unlock things and get more familiar with the game. I think I ended up playing against MPs as much as with, and that was crazy. I'm glad you guys are usually on my side. Nothing worse than facing down a bunch of MPs with a squad of random blueberries. Someone Beeano seemed to be op4 to me all evening long, and must have killed me two dozen times. At the end of the night BeansTwoNiner killed me 6 or 7 times in a single match, including knifing my entire squad and then me, lol. I started to feel like if I saw any "Bean" at all in the op4 list I was best off running and hiding in a deep dark hole. :)

Lots of glitches, but lots of fun. Hopefully things get fixed and it'll be a blast. I doubt metro is going to be one of my fave maps in the end, though it would certainly improve with a lot more destruction.

Beano
09-30-2011, 12:19 PM
THE BAD
- Hit detection. Something is wrong with the hit detection. Like others, I experienced multiple times where someone seemed to kill me instantly and much faster than they should, although I am pretty sure there were times I was the one armed with the laser. Also had several times where I would shoot at someone, hear hit markers, die, and then in the kill cam it would show they still had 100% health even though I know I got hit markers on them. I am not sure if this is lag or bad coding, but either way, this is my single biggest worry. Bad hit detection = broken game. It is the reason why I stopped playing Black Ops on PS3.

Someone else FINALLY said it!!!! Thanks. I know most everyone is experiencing it but is trying to suppress their feelings :D . Well I know beans2niner isn't having any lag. But these guys have so so so much to fix in just a matter of weeks. I'm afraid it's not going to be finished. If you played the BC2 beta you know how that game was finished at beta and that is why I think it was so successful. Hopefully these guys are staying up all night long. :sigh:

Gink
09-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Sounds like they restarted all the servers this morning to try and clear up some connection issues, we'll see how much difference it makes.

dinsdale1978
09-30-2011, 12:51 PM
THE BAD

Someone else FINALLY said it!!!! Thanks. I know most everyone is experiencing it but is trying to suppress their feelings :D . Well I know beans2niner isn't having any lag. But these guys have so so so much to fix in just a matter of weeks. I'm afraid it's not going to be finished. If you played the BC2 beta you know how that game was finished at beta and that is why I think it was so successful. Hopefully these guys are staying up all night long. :sigh:

I'll be happy to take the bullet and show you what the game is like if you don't get it on day one. With a good SP, co-op, and obviously decent vehicle centric maps; this is the game I want this fall.

mechatool
09-30-2011, 12:57 PM
THE BAD

I'll be happy to take the bullet and show you what the game is like if you don't get it on day one. With a good SP, co-op, and obviously decent vehicle centric maps; this is the game I want this fall.
I'll take the bullet as well. I already took a huge cannon ball to the nuts with the POS Homefront. =)) =)) But unlike Homefront, Dice will fix the issues that will be present after it is released. :cheers:

RC-1136
09-30-2011, 01:04 PM
I lead the homefront charge and took the cannon ball to the face. I think this game will be much better on day 1. Especially when we can play on a real BF type map.

Beano
09-30-2011, 01:09 PM
Sounds like they restarted all the servers this morning to try and clear up some connection issues, we'll see how much difference it makes.

Hope this is a good sign. Guess I'll find out after Baseball tonight.

Gink
09-30-2011, 01:10 PM
It figures that the first game I've ever anticipated enough to preorder, and one of few I've paid $60 for is in such a questionable state as to quality at release. I'm not cancelling my preorder though, going to continue on with possibly foolish optimism that problems will be fixed and the game will be as good or better than BC2. And unlike a lot of folks, I'm looking forward to playing sp campaign, so one way or another I expect to be playing lots of bf3 in a month and enjoying it.

theczech99
09-30-2011, 01:16 PM

Hope this is a good sign. Guess I'll find out after Baseball tonight.
They have been working on their servers all night and morning long to make them run smoother.

sureMOE
09-30-2011, 02:07 PM
A tweet from one of the lead designers about PS3 graphics:

http://twitter.com/#!/locust9/status/119106585971798016

Borlaxx
09-30-2011, 02:14 PM

That is good to hear. Says the graphics in the beta do not represent the final game, and that they look much better in the final build.

Spike Forehand
09-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Nothing worse than facing down a bunch of MPs with a squad of random blueberries.

You can say that again. When I first got into the game last night it was me, RC, misfit, and (eventually) Borlaxx against radstarboom ( one of the omega guys I believe - he was a one man wrecking crew), Remec, BadgerUte, GetGot, Ellison, Dinsdale, JohnnyH, Kramerking, and a few others I am sure I am forgetting, and it was my most frustrating time yet in this game. I was stuck in a squad with two randoms that just wanted to crawl around on their bellies at the back of the map, and I couldnt do a damn thing about it. I tried repeatedly to leave the squad and would just end up right back with these knuckleheads. I would continually run halfway across the map, get shot by one of you guys, die, and then lather, rinse, and repeat. We got smoked again and again. it was so bad I eventually got a note from Remec asking if we had any marshmallows to roast along with our asses :)) :))

Eventually somehow got switched to the other team between matches (sorry to RC, Borlax, etc. For leaving you), and it got a lot better. However-as is often the case- eventually the teams reversed when you guys got Beans and Czech and then it was my new team getting lambasted.

It will be great once they fix the squadding issue and we can all team like we so often did on BC2. Only thing that has me a little worried is the "fix" that they have in that prevents team switching if it would result in an uneven match. However, I have to think Dice will get that working right since that put so much focus on squads and platoons.

By the way Gink - nice job of clearing out the crapper with that rocket launcher (I think that was you). :cheers:

dinsdale1978
09-30-2011, 02:31 PM

That is good to hear. Says the graphics in the beta do not represent the final game, and that they look much better in the final build.

I told you so... [-(

Borlaxx
09-30-2011, 02:35 PM

I told you so... [-(
I seem to remember someone not believing me when I said the PSN was back up. Hmm, who could that have been? :P

RC-1136
09-30-2011, 02:42 PM
I got to say that I damn excited to go home and play this tonight. I can't wait.

dinsdale1978
09-30-2011, 02:44 PM
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/09/30/battlefield-3-qa-dice-talks-fistfights-vehicle-upgrades/#utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=battlefield3_QA_093011

Earlier this week, I was treated to a new demo of the rapidly approaching military shooter Battlefield 3, which promises to raise Battlefieldís sprawling formula to soaring new heights. After watching a 10-minute demo of the gameís campaign running on PS3, I secured a few minutes with DICE Producer Patrick Liu to address some questions from PlayStation community membersÖplus a few of my own!
Are you playing the Battlefield 3 Open Beta on PSN? Share your thoughts (and winning strategies!) in the comments below. For more information on the Battlefield 3 beta, or to report bugs, please check out the official Battlefield 3 Beta FAQ.

PlayStation Blog: There are a lot of military shooters these days. Whatís the biggest thing Battlefield 3 is bringing to the table?
Patrick Liu: Itís a number of things. For a very long time, the core pillars of Battlefield have been the destruction, the sandbox experience, the scale, and the vehicle gameplay. Those are all still pretty unique to Battlefield, Iíd say. My first Battlefield game was Bad Company.
PSB: You showed off some new, complex fistfights in the single-player games. How did those come about? Why not stick with knife swipes like every other FPS in the last five years?
Patrick Liu: Apart from shooting and driving vehicles, we wanted to bring something new ó something weíd never seen before. We asked ourselves the question, ďwhat happens when enemies come near you?Ē So we focused on melee combat, making it a more visceral experience. It feels different and unique, and breaks up the combat in the campaign.
There are different kinds of melee sequences throughout the campaign. Some of them are a bit more scripted, but there are also fancy execution-type kills if you can get behind your enemy ó and if you do it in multiplayer, youíll collect a dogtag too!
PSB: Tell me about Battlelog. Was the concept inspired by Need for Speed: Hot Pursuitís Autolog?
Patrick Liu: In some ways it was. I would say that Need for Speedís Autolog is more geared towards competing with your friends ó beating their records and so forth. Battlelog is more of a social network: your battle feed shows whatís happening to you and your friends in real-time. We built the server browser right into Battlelog, so you can actually join all your games right from Battlelog. Whatís good is that Battlelog is web-based, so we can update it on the fly. Some players have been concerned about how that works, but I can assure you itís no problem: everybody can access it, and you can access it from any PC or mobile platforms. It lets you interact with your Battlefield 3 multiplayer experience when youíre not sitting in front on your PS3. Battlelog lets you form up squads, form up platoons, track your stats, compare your progression with your friends from anywhere.

PSB: Dense urban combat is a bit of a departure for Battlefield, traditionally. Why did DICE want to pursue it? What are you bringing to urban combat?
Patrick Liu: A lot of guys on the team, myself included, wanted to try out more urban environments versus the open landscapes youíve seen in previous Battlefield games. Weíre still doing those open landscapes and the sandbox experience, but now weíre offering a wider range of gameplay and flavors. The urban environments also give us more types of destructions, from the micro-destruction of chipping away at cover to the macro-destruction of big buildings in Paris falling down over you. If you stand below that, youíre going to die!
PSB: On that note, how have the destructible environments been improved or refined over Battlefield: Bad Company 2?
Patrick Liu: Iíd say itís mainly down to the range of different types of destruction. As we showed in the office shootout in the campaign mode, you can shoot through cubicles and walls in the office Ė papers are flying around, itís chaotic. We couldnít do that kind of destruction in Bad Company 2.
PSB: Shooting through the cubicle walls: Iíd never seen a shootout quite like that.
Patrick Liu: Yeah. Weíve seen other games spraying out a lot of particle effects, but Iíve never seen destruction like that, integrated into the environment and into the gameplay in that way, where youíre shooting out cubicle panels to catch the enemies off-guard. Itís pretty fresh, I think.
PSB: You showed off a lengthy campaign scenario from the PS3 version, and it covered a huge amount of space Ė it was a very large level. But there werenít any load times or hitches in the pacing. Thatís technically very difficult for many games Ė is that a benefit of Frostbite 2?
Patrick Liu: Youíre right ó thatís Frostbite 2 and our new streaming technology. We didnít have that in Frostbite 1. It enables us to build bigger maps, whether theyíre interior maps or open exterior sandbox environments. We wanted to push the scale as much as possible, and our new streaming technology is essential for that.

PSB:That level you showed on the PS3 was huge, but it was also highly detailed ó I saw mirrored floors, reflective surfaces, tons of special effects and physics with a smooth frame rate. Are you confident that PS3 players are going to get a great experience?
Patrick Liu: Oh yeah. Weíre very confident Ė weíre pushing the hardware big-time. Of course, we have a performance budget that we have to hit. Everything counts into that: the scale costs performance, destruction, animation, special effectsÖthose are all the things we cram in there. I feel really good about where we ended up with on the PS3.
PSB: On the multiplayer side, how does the character progression stack up? What will I be able to unlock when I play multiplayer, and whatís different from other multiplayer shooters?
Patrick Liu: Battlefield 2 kind of started that formula, with the persistent multiplayer character and unlockables, and we continued it with the Bad Company games. Battlefield 3 will push it even further, with tons of weapon customization. And for the first time, weíve brought vehicle customization: you can increase your speed, increase your armor, add different gadgets to your favorite vehicle, different missiles for your jet, UAV-type radar to your jeep, and so forth.
PSB: So far, whatís your favorite multiplayer mode?
Patrick Liu: I would say probably any of the Squad versions of the game, Squad Rush and Squad Deathmatch. Itís a little more intimate: each player counts. It really brings out the teamwork.
PSB: And what about your favorite weapon in multiplayer?
Patrick Liu: Probably some of the LMGs, such as the M240, maybe. Itís fun to spray down the subway in the Operation Metro level ó laying down suppressive fire is super helpful. Suppressive fire is something completely new that Iíve never seen in another shooter, and gives the Support class a much clearer role: supporting the team! If you spray fire near somebody, it will make their vision blurry and impede their aiming. It also earns you points, so itís rewarding.
PSB: Tell me about the Sniper class ó how are you balancing campers?
Patrick Liu: Either you love or hate snipers. We wanted to make snipers much more of a recon class, so weíre giving that class a lot more gadgets and features to aid their spotting ability. And to counter camping snipers, look for the gleam of his scope if you canít tell where the sniper fire is coming from!
PSB: Just a few days ago, DICE announced that full-blown expansion packs would debut first on PS3. Can you give PS3 owners a peek at the DLC plan?
Patrick Liu: We have a plan of long-term support for Battlefield 3. The launch is just the beginning for us, so you can expect new content and tweaks regularly. The expansion weíve announced is Back to Karkand, which is free if you pre-order Battlefield 3. Itís going to be an epic map pack and itís just as ambitious as the Vietnam expansion to Bad Company 2. It brings back Strike at Karkand, which is probably the most popular Battlefield map ever in addition to three other popular Battlefield 2 maps, new weapons and mods.

Borlaxx
09-30-2011, 02:45 PM
I got to say that I damn excited to go home and play this tonight. I can't wait.
Despite the problems, I am looking forward to playing again too. It is nice to game with so many MPs for a change, and I need to add to my MP tag collection :devil:

Spike Forehand
09-30-2011, 02:47 PM
I told you so... [-(
I seem to remember someone not believing me when I said the PSN was back up. Hmm, who could that have been? :P

You two need to get a room and have some make up sex already.

dinsdale1978
09-30-2011, 02:50 PM
I told you so... [-(

You two need to get a room and have some make up sex already.

Team MP Open Lobby. If you know what that means.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwsXNdrvvjQZr6zK5sINnyULv0DYpC5 3XmVaD6ULqYViRRUIbqqQ

Borlaxx
09-30-2011, 02:54 PM
Team MP Open Lobby. If you know what that means.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwsXNdrvvjQZr6zK5sINnyULv0DYpC5 3XmVaD6ULqYViRRUIbqqQ
Don't ask, don't tell.

Spike Forehand
09-30-2011, 03:02 PM

Now - that's a war story I wanna read about.

NOT!!

Borlaxx
09-30-2011, 03:06 PM

Now - that's a war story I wanna read about.

NOT!!
There is prone in this game, as well as spawning on your teammates.

Spike Forehand
09-30-2011, 03:09 PM
There is prone in this game, as well as spawning on your teammates.

Thanks - now I got diet pepsi coming out my nose. =)) =)) =))

Psalm
09-30-2011, 03:13 PM
ooh private matches... looks like a circle strafe

dinsdale1978
09-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Remember that you can only get tags if you get them from behind. :-o

sam007
09-30-2011, 03:38 PM

So what does that make you? (since you got mine from behind?) =))

roadrnr
09-30-2011, 03:41 PM
I knew the PS3 guys were strange....but wow. :-o

Us xbox guys always have circle strafing parties of at least 8 of us! We all take tags.... ;)

theczech99
09-30-2011, 04:31 PM
I just played two quick rounds and one had one insta kill out of all my deaths. It happened when I spawned in on a teammate that was under fire and my game said saving before I could even move. Other than that one time I could always tell when I was under fire. Much better than the past few days.

dinsdale1978
09-30-2011, 05:53 PM

So what does that make you? (since you got mine from behind?) =))

Considering I have 22 tags so far, I am becoming a right whore.

Gink
09-30-2011, 06:15 PM
By the way Gink - nice job of clearing out the crapper with that rocket launcher (I think that was you). :cheers:

HeHe thanks, that one had me chuckling for a while. Without vehicles to take down I was happy to find a good use for the rpg.

theczech99
09-30-2011, 07:34 PM
I think i found the issue with us thinking were being insta killed. A few times tonight when I was hit by sniper fire I would get behind cover and check my health. Most of the time my health would be below 20% but there was no blood on the screen. I would think this should be an easy fix to get blood to show up a little sooner than under 20% so we know we're being hit.

I did get a kill streak of 14 in one game tonight. It might have gone on longer if I wouldn't have ran out if ammo.

Beano
10-01-2011, 02:02 AM
Insta killed all night here. Most times never even had a marker. Radstar kills me before I see his gun fire. Killed by guy who still reloading his rpg and he kills me with rpg. Come around corner fall over dead immediately. Hit by dinsdale and killed while I never see him come around the corner.

I think I broke my router.

NeloMelo
10-01-2011, 02:15 AM
If they did fix somethings maybe I'll try it again.I have had nothing but trouble with beta.

Borlaxx
10-01-2011, 06:47 AM
Yup, I played last night, and the problems continued for me. Chat is still broken. Still getting instakilled sometimes by people using guns other than sniper rifles. Game froze when I tried to accept an invite from an MP. Had a couple times when I couldn't sprint unless I stopped moving entirely and then tried again. Game continued to do mini freezes for a second or two at a time. Also forgot to mention how bad the grenade throwing animation is when you can't cook a nade at all and the thing lives your hand before the animation even completes (just like Homefront).

I dunno, I still had fun, but I really hope they fix these issues, especially the hit detection issues which seem lag related which shouldn't be a problem with dedicated servers, and the completely useless chat.

I am going to be seeing if my local Subway has started their early access to the ENTIRE FINAL BUILD of the competative MP portion of Uncharted 3, because they are actually done with their game at this point because Naughty Dog did their beta months ago rather than give us a broken beta a month before launch like DICE is doing. If there are enough people playing because they got the code from subway I may be playing that tonight instead until DICE patches the beta. I may have an extra code in case anyone wants to join me and play the whole competative MP portion of UC3 a month early for free.

theczech99
10-01-2011, 07:15 AM
You can't run if your gun is extended out in front of you. I think this has been added so the flashlight and laser attachments can be used as a weapon. If you tap L1 your gun goes down and you can start running again.

ROW
10-01-2011, 07:30 AM
prone glitches and game freeze all night .. but theczech99 was on form ..

theczech99
10-01-2011, 08:03 AM
This is about 4hrs old from twitter.

Daniel Matros
A lot of what you are seeing in the BETA doesn't exist in the main game already. 1st Party submissions mean we couldn't give a version of the latest code in the BETA but the retail game is well ahead of what you are seeing now with a lot more bug fixes already in place.

dinsdale1978
10-01-2011, 09:05 AM

Daniel Matros
A lot of what you are seeing in the BETA doesn't exist in the main game already. 1st Party submissions mean we couldn't give a version of the latest code in the BETA but the retail game is well ahead of what you are seeing now with a lot more bug fixes already in place.

I believe. BF3, even broken, has me loving it. I had a 50 kill game last night and that made me feel more pumped than any match in Black Ops or BC2 combined.

theczech99
10-01-2011, 09:26 AM

Daniel Matros

I believe. BF3, even broken, has me loving it. I had a 50 kill game last night and that made me feel more pumped than any match in Black Ops or BC2 combined.
I'm with you! I just wish I could get in a full squad of people that know how to play rush. Arming mcoms and never having back up gets old.

Spike Forehand
10-01-2011, 09:47 AM

It was great squadding up with you last night Dinsdale. Nice use of the mobile spawn point - I really like that tactic.

On another note - ran into my first claymore trap last night courtesy of Radstarboom. I came up the stairs at the last set and saw him and started thinking about tags, but as soon as I entered the room - kaboom. Did not get a chance to determine if it's easy to see em - sure hope so.

Overall last night I was instakilled a ton more than usual. Definitely starting to get frustrating. It probably frustrates me even more to hear the Dice guys say over and over that most of the bugs we are seeing have been fixed. If that's true then Wtf are we doing playing the worse version? Seems like a very bad PR move. At a minimum -even if it was impossible to get a better version past Sony sooner, maybe they should have let us know up front that the beta would be an early build.

Don't get me wrong. I am way still buying this game and looking fw to the final version, but my faith in Dice is a little dented.

dinsdale1978
10-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Is it wrong that I want a hoodie?

http://us-store.dice.se/home/clothing.html

sureMOE
10-01-2011, 10:43 AM
I gotta agree with Beeano and Borlax on this one. This is one shitty beta. I can hold my own in BFBC2 but last night was a meat grinding massacre. I feel like DICE chose this dumb ass map to draw in the MW fanboys. I don't play MW for a specific reason and it's because I can't stand spawn, get killed, spawn, get killed, spawn, get killed, spawn, shoot my gun, put 5 bullets in a guys head, get killed! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: I had numerous insta-kills last night, two hard locks at least a dozen freezes and a stupid ass night of play. I couldn't join any of you guys, the menu system sucked crap, I had to freakin' DEPLOY just to get to my settings menus, the sensitivity seems way over the top as far as turning. I was overshooting guys all night. Ugggh! I am hoping it gets better but man, this beta blows. I am going to keep my pre-order and hope that they don't make every single map this crappy and I will not be keen on the infantry heavy games. Here's hoping for improvements! My K/D last night was less than .5...suck ass.

sureMOE
10-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Keep in mind that the previous comments are from one of the most veteran Battlefield players in here. I have LOVED this franchise since the first time I played the demo of BF1942 on the computer and have owned every one of them since and their expansion packs, except 2142. I love this game, but I just don't believe this beta is the quality that DICE usually adheres to.

TonkaToys
10-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Nice to hook up with a few of you last night - but the squad system is somewhat dysfunctional.

Sorry Czech that I seemed to lose you on the way to the next match.

The most annoying thing for me at the moment is remembering which buttons to press! I keep trying to stab people by going prone (MW2 you see!) and I had to go online to find out how to throw out supplies and use equipment. It was only then that I realised you could change the firing pattern on your M16.

The knifing was especially annoying when I sneaked around behind the baddies and had about 4 of them in my grasp, only to fall to the floor behind them!

Ullrsdog
10-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Despite the problems, I am looking forward to playing again too. It is nice to game with so many MPs for a change, and I need to add to my MP tag collection :devil:

Ohhhhhhh funny guy I see...if I got to keep the tags and stats I think I would have sacrificed myself and nabbed yours last night, while you were defending A. Instead I stuck to the Glock and took out you and...mmm was it viewtiful or jacknight?

Either way I will keep this in mind tonight X( :devil: [-(

Was really fun either way just need more mics...found everyone scattered all over but when you were on a couple of the MPs with you and you guys owned the coms area! Nice work.

Gink
10-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Last night was a roller coaster again for me. I came in and actually ended up squadded with 2 MPs for the first time, which was cool, but I also immediately fell through the map in what I've started referring to as the "A hole" by alpha on the first set. Thursday I could jump myself back out of it, last night I had to suicide anytime I got stuck in it. Ran with Borlaxx and RC-1136 for a while and was having a pretty good time despite still being unable to understand a word they were saying, so I wasn't talking much and assume when I'd occasionally call out something they probably couldn't understand me either. Working with them I had decent scores and a flat even K/D, then as soon as they left I had a couple of the worst rounds ever, and when I decided to leave that game and try to rejoin with some more MPs, I couldn't get in with anyone, even thought here were still a dozen or more MPs.

The game ran a bit smoother last night, It didn't freeze for a few seconds every time I deployed, though the freezing started up again later in the night. Was definitely still getting insta killed, though I felt like 75% of my deaths were from snipers sitting way back. Despite what Dice says about making their kit more recon, I am starting to feel like the snipers may be worse in this than in bc2. I'm sure eventually I'll find a way to counter them, but even when I'd spot them and be sending suppressive fire at them I'd be dead before I knew it, and none of my shots seemed to even hit. So the snipers and corner campers frustrated me, but I guess they are viable tactics. With the changes to spotting, it seems like voice chat for call outs is going to be key, so as long as that's broken I feel like we are half-blind.

Still, having a good round is a pretty rewarding feeling in this game, and having a few bad rounds is pretty spirit crushing, but I keep wanting to play more, so despite all the problems there's enough that's right to make this addictive.

Spike Forehand
10-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Is it wrong that I want a hoodie?

http://us-store.dice.se/home/clothing.html

I kinda like the black "Frostbite 2" t-shirt, but $35? That's a wallet insta-kill. Will wait to see if I like their game first - lol.

Ullrsdog
10-01-2011, 01:51 PM
That's so strange....I never had a problem joining folks and the coms worked perfect for me and a friend then we left and squaded up and couldn't hear each other after that.

And the Ahole :)) :)) :D I love it and hate that place...there is a couple other weird spots but none that are that bad...

Did notice if you are on the side of the mcom opposite the bridge there and go prone all you see as an opponent is a head and shoulders...

Gink
10-01-2011, 03:48 PM
This morning I got stuck as op4 to all our guys, tried to switch teams time and again and was told it would make the server imbalanced. :( Even when it was 11 vs 11 I guess making it momentarily 12v10 isn't allowed.

Beano
10-02-2011, 12:25 AM
Been tracking some threads. Looks like some people have the same issues as me, while others don't. This first thread really explains what I feel in this game. It's a very good read and really lays it out there. This game so far basically makes players who would normally not be so godlike against you seem like professional players and able to kill you with ease.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#! ... 106544694/ (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#!/bf3/forum/threadview/2826551139106544694/)

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#! ... 960199265/ (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#!/bf3/forum/threadview/2826551518960199265/)

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#! ... 950007067/ (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#!/bf3/forum/threadview/2826564925950007067/)

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#! ... 111435091/ (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#!/bf3/forum/threadview/2826551139111435091/)
There are countless other threads and many non happy campers.I'm really biting my nails about this game.
I know that alot of guys we play with are having alot of success with this game but what I see is alot of camping to achieve said success because without having any way to retaliate or take cover it makes it easy to do so. I'm guilty myself.

Here is some very cool footage from caspian border on youtube. His review of the hit detection is spot on and makes me even more worried about this being resolved by launch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaHZGtXs2G0&noredirect=1

theczech99
10-02-2011, 09:03 AM
The only time you will find me camping is after I arm an objective and wait to take out any incoming op4. My kdr per game and night is not as good as it would be if I were playing BC2 but I have faith in DICE to make the changes needed so the release game will be complete. Most of the issues Iíve had DICE says they are aware of them and are already taken care of in the final build. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#! ... 458193965/ (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#!/bf3/devblog/view/2826551895458193965/) DICE is not like other developers that make shooters, dance games and any other BS games that kids might want to play. They make FPS games and do a good job at making them. I just feel the whole beta thing is to try to get some CoD players to buy their game but the main reason for the beta is for testing their servers. You can put the best game ever out on the shelves but if the servers are shit the game will be shit too.

They posted this weeks before the beta was released but most people donít pay any attention to things like this and automatically react in a negative way even though they let everyone know ahead of time that this doesnít represent the final build.

DOES THIS BETA REPRESENT FINAL GAME QUALITY?
THE BETA IS NOT FINAL SOFTWARE AND UPDATES WILL BE DONE BOTH TO THE GAME AND TO THE BACK-END PRIOR TO THE BATTLEFIELD 3 LAUNCH. YOUR PARTICIPATION WILL STILL HELP US IMPROVE THE FINAL GAME.

REMEC87
10-02-2011, 10:15 AM
I agree with you czech. I believe that this does not represent the final project.

That being said, I am pretty much fed up of playing this Beta! On top of the glitches last night (was it worse or just me? It was worse!!!) where I spent most of my games underneath the map and getting killed by enemies I couldnt see. Dice's inability to release a beta that is for a squad based teamwork oriented FPS without any actual working squad chat or deployment system is killing me.

Didn't they think that this should be the first and foremost item to review for PS3? BF fans are team players! Maybe they overlooked this because of the PC and xbox segments using other means to chat...

Bottom line is that I hate playing by myself all night long and I hate PS3 for relying on game developers to handle their chat abilities. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

If there are more updates, I will probably check them out but aside from that I am done with the Beta. I will try to be on BC2 but if there is no one else on I guess I will be taking a mini vacation from gaming until October 25th.

xMisFitToyx
10-02-2011, 10:57 AM
where I spent most of my games underneath the map and getting killed by enemies I couldnt see.

3 times Friday night ... I was in the tunnels attacking the first set of mcomms ... I kept spawning in on team mates (near the mcomms), but 3 times my kill cam showed the same recon guy kill me .... and he was laying prone on the rocks outside ... watching the tunnel entrance and trying to pick off players that spawned outside.

jacknighttamer
10-02-2011, 11:11 AM
I don't know why, but can hardly ever join on MP's. Last night I was on the OP4 and the other side was almost completly MP's. I might had made it through one match before I rage quit. I don't do that very offten, but the team I was on last night sucked. They were no were near the mcoms would not try and disarm :cuss: Then not even being able to take one step out of my spawn with out getting killed. :-w :cuss: After dying 4 times in a row with out being able to take a step, I had enough and went and found another game.

sam007
10-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Too many new posts to read but Remec made a good point, not very team orientated and its a very big let down! There's more team work in BC2 than this game as I've found people are more concerned with getting kills and its hard to do support actions when they are running away from ammo and med packs. The dead are easier to get points but you now run into the problem of a prone camper.

Prone is really making this game annoying. Its great for those who want to get an easy kill cause that's all they're good for.

The chat system, even through its not functioning properly, is not to my liking for this reason, you have no clue who is talking if you're not familiar with their voices and even though you can chat with them even though they're not in your squad, it does not have that "intimate" feel where its only your squad mates. There were many times I'd ask team mates where their 20 is at and they did not even bother to tell me so I can support them. :cuss:

Cause of all this bush prone camping, I've basically just avoided the middle parts of the 1st set of MCOM's cause you know they're hiding on the deck somewhere in the bushes.

I can live with the glitches and all cause its only a beta. The one by 1st set Alpha MCOM is a classic, fall into that hole and there's no way of getting out. Get a few kills while you're there. =))

Oh, that invite from Remec was pretty funny, it was for BC2. =))

On another note, I see some maps are geared towards the CoD crowd, ie Operation Metro Conquest, nothing but choke points, etc. I'm sure we'll find maps and prefer to play the classic Battlefield style maps where where there's flanking routes in an open layout.

dinsdale1978
10-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Too many new posts to read but Remec made a good point, not very team orientated and its a very big let down! There's more team work in BC2 than this game as I've found people are more concerned with getting kills and its hard to do support actions when they are running away from ammo and med packs. The dead are easier to get points but you now run into the problem of a prone camper.

Prone is really making this game annoying. Its great for those who want to get an easy kill cause that's all they're good for.

The chat system, even through its not functioning properly, is not to my liking for this reason, you have no clue who is talking if you're not familiar with their voices and even though you can chat with them even though they're not in your squad, it does not have that "intimate" feel where its only your squad mates. There were many times I'd ask team mates where their 20 is at and they did not even bother to tell me so I can support them. :cuss:

Cause of all this bush prone camping, I've basically just avoided the middle parts of the 1st set of MCOM's cause you know they're hiding on the deck somewhere in the bushes.

I can live with the glitches and all cause its only a beta. The one by 1st set Alpha MCOM is a classic, fall into that hole and there's no way of getting out. Get a few kills while you're there. =))

Well they have stated that in the final version the squad list at the bottom of the screen will show what class everyone is using and show a visual cue for who is chatting like in BC2.

One thing that helps move up in the open is smoke. I finally unlocked it last night and if you had a support box next to you, the whole map could be filled with smoke. If an engy ran and EOD bot with smoke all around the enemy team wouldn't know what to do.

But the quicksand trap at A is really annoying. I tried throwing grenades at you in the hole last night, but to no avail.

sureMOE
10-02-2011, 11:39 AM

This is what I said months ago that almost killed BF2 for me and was estatic when they didn't allow it in the Bad Company series. The overuse of prone is annoying as hell! Also, I saw that they brought back claymores...if they don't find a way to counter those, I can guarantee that it will completely ruin a map like Metro once everybody has those unlocked. There's nothing that pisses me off more than trying to run through a series of corridors only to get blasted by a freakin' claymore every time you are charging forward. Oh please DICE, I have faith in you, don't repeat the same mistakes that you did in BF2!!

sureMOE

sam007
10-02-2011, 11:47 AM
@ Dinsdale, that requires unlocks. I'm nowhere near to doing that with the other classes. I did figure out all that smoke was from you while in the hole. ;)

@ Suremoe, BC1 & BC2 were the reasons for me to play FPS, no way for corner campers to do well cause that corner may not be around the next time, but now with BF3, its back to the old ways of static corners for monsters to hide in. The issue that I have with prone is when they just lay there with no intention on moving to establish a better position.

Psalm
10-02-2011, 04:48 PM
I played for quite a few hours on Friday night...didn't play last night because I felt like I was getting burned out.
I can only take so much of this map.
I think, that come the game release....a lot of people won't be playing maps like this the same way...
A lot of COD fanboys ( i like COD but, wouldn't say I'm a fanboy) are only playing this game because its a free demo and they are sick of Black Ops.
I asked my nephew (he is 14 and a COD fanboy) what he thought of the game....He said it was too hard to stay alive, He liked it but, said he would prefer the COD style and won't be buying BF3.
So, I would suggest that a lot of the COD players will either not buy the game or be gone come MW3's release.

Beano
10-02-2011, 04:54 PM
anyone see the youtube vid I saw and posted on last page? Nobody else worried about hit detection in this game? I dont mind prone if I have a chance to defend myself. There is alot of cover in the game to get behind if getting shot. However when you dont know youre being shot, its a problem.

Spike Forehand
10-02-2011, 06:20 PM
anyone see the youtube vid I saw and posted on last page? Nobody else worried about hit detection in this game? I dont mind prone if I have a chance to defend myself. There is alot of cover in the game to get behind if getting shot. However when you dont know youre being shot, its a problem.

I saw that one, but it was this one from one of the threads that you posted that scared me the most:

[yt:2pgqdvw6]YGaP5wTYLtQ[/yt:2pgqdvw6]

In his explanation in the thread (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/fo ... 106544694/ (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2826551139106544694/)), he ("Iceman" - I'm assuming a PC player?) makes the point that basic infrastructure is part of the cause of the problems - he said DICE has moved bullet registration from being server-side to being client-side in BF3.

Now one of the problems that Matros from Dice had on his list was this:

* Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.

While I can see that may help to solve some of the issue seen in the video, it doesn't address the key point that the guy made about bullet registration happening client-side in BF3 instead of server-side and what level of the issue that causes.

Willing to put my trust in DICE to solve the problems, but will be severely disappointed if they don't come through.

Beano
10-02-2011, 06:31 PM
YES spike I was just watching that video and about to put it up. The bug fix you quoted about the moving enemy is only a bug fix that you die if you are moving and take a hit from a high powered weapon at range i.e. sniper rifle. I don't know anything about netcode but from what these guys are saying is that it will be impossible to fix by launch. It will take a week or two for sony/microsoft to certify the game. Throw in the fact that the discs need to be printed, put into cases and then shipped. That leaves barely any time left at all to fix this. It appears some people will be affected in game while others will not. My entire Beta experience looks EXACTLY similar to that shown in the youtube video.

Basically that makes people resort to camping and unwilling to move because they know they will die and can't do anything about it. I am in that same boat. I know that whenever I am moving I am quite possibly being shot at but will never even know it before it's too late. I don't mind dieing as beans put it, but what I do mind is knowing that I died unfairly in a gunfight that I would have normally won.

sam007
10-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Operation Metro is starting to wear on me, I never want to play that map again!

I'm starting to think everyone is starting to exploit the map when playing rush just to get more kills. I for one has seriously given up on PTFO cause you get fuck heads just camping all over the place. If its not in a corner, its on top of a rock prone, if its not on a rock, its in the bush, if its not in the bush, its some other place they've found. :cuss:

I really don't think it has anything to do with the amount of damage one takes. Something about just sitting in a corner, being prone, getting easy kills is what gets people off. This reminds me of why I never played FPS until BC1 and BC2 and its starting to remind me again how stupid some FPS games can be.

The first set basically is just set up a tight perimeter and wait for them. Defending really needs all players on board and not running around doing their own stuff or a bunch of retards on attack to find a way to lose. The you get into the subway, its really how many bodies can you fit in that tight control point and turn the game into attrition warfare and hope their "medics" don't revive. I really do miss those generic buildings which can be taken down with sufficient damage. :-s

Borlaxx
10-03-2011, 07:03 AM
I played for one match Saturday night. Falling under the map, getting killed instantly by a dude with a SMG far away, unloading a clip into someone and not getting any hit markers, mini-freezes when spawning, getting spawned raped by enemies spawning off a mobile spawn point (really, I know it is a legit tactic, but it is a lame one IMO , isn't needed with spawning on teammates already, and completely throws off the balance of the map and probably other maps in the full game and will likely end up being one of the most exploited aspects of the game), etc. Raged quit, but at least I got two sets of Slasher's tags first.

Not sure if I will be playing again unless they fix these problems in the beta. If DICE already knows about these problems and has already fixed them, then the only thing they are testing with this beta is my patience.

theczech99
10-03-2011, 07:48 AM
Not sure if I will be playing again unless they fix these problems in the beta. If DICE already knows about these problems and has already fixed them, then the only thing they are testing with this beta is my patience.
Weeks before the beta was released they posted in the beta section of their site that changes to game play would not happen in the beta itself. The main thing Iíve noticed is that they are doing maintenance constantly on the servers and updating the battlelog frequently too. This makes me believe that the beta was mainly released to everyone for server and battlelog testing not for game testing.

Itís funny that most of the time I get killed by MPs that are BC2 players they are usually on foot or crouching. When Iím killed by CoD MPs they are prone and rarely move. Just something that Iíve noticed over the past few days.

I know that when the game is released a lot of the campers will disappear from rush mode and if they donít they will be losing a lot of dog tags to me and other MPs. Most campers will find their way into HC conquest or TDM once the game is released.

PS---Gamefly just shipped Rage to me so I should have it by Wed! :party:

Ullrsdog
10-03-2011, 08:31 AM
Itís funny that most of the time I get killed by MPs that are BC2 players they are usually on foot or crouching. When Iím killed by CoD MPs they are prone and rarely move. Just something that Iíve noticed over the past few days.

I know that when the game is released a lot of the campers will disappear from rush mode and if they donít they will be losing a lot of dog tags to me and other MPs. Most campers will find their way into HC conquest or TDM once the game is released.

So what are you you saying Czech...ok yes I am a COD player and yes I have seen Dinsdale rush into the 2nd set of comms (the one where Czech likes to "read" in the Jon) and just waste me cause I was camping the spot. However, I also went and did the same last night on the 3rd set (where A is in the little room with the snack counter) I rushed through the room from the ticket booth side and got a squad eliminated bonus for knocking out Beano and his group...not sure if that's when I was on with Beano, Jacknight, Madlob, or if was some other MP's.

And YES I have camped the hell out of that small tight tunnel at far right entrance to the subway (right side while attacking) and if I die on my way to the tunnel I set up my LMG on the train deck right where that same hallway ends...gives two spots to watch the forced exit of the small tunnel and the entrance right on top of the train. To my pleasent surprise the guys that either get across my view without dying or the guys that come down on the train and get onto my blindside don't seem to run through the train and flank or come from behind and snatch my tags. So YES I am exploiting this...but I think I killed Czech when I was runnin ;)

The absolute worst thing that I have been part of so far was on the last set...B down by the bus...I am rushing in down the street, just came, from the A building and was comming in the back saw a guy hanging out by the front of the bus behind the BF3 Poster and I unloaded a clip of UMP 45 into him got several hit detectors and swaped to my Glock...put in another few rounds fired between 6-10 at him and NOTHING...then a teammate rounds the bus and fires 3 -5 rounds and the dude is on the ground and I have NO ASSIT at all! SOOOO did I even HIT HIM?

Great fun though so far I am just saying it's Beta and will see what happens...

Madlob75
10-03-2011, 08:59 AM
However, I also went and did the same last night on the 3rd set (where A is in the little room with the snack counter) I rushed through the room from the ticket booth side and got a squad eliminated bonus for knocking out Beano and his group...not sure if that's when I was on with Beano, Jacknight, Madlob, or if was some other MP's.

I remember what you are talking about. I came into the room to revive someone, and just as I did, you came in and blew us all away. You and your team were wreaking havoc behind the lines. On the last set if M-Comms, I had trouble making my way out of the building because you all had 2-3 guys in there.

RC-1136
10-03-2011, 09:05 AM
I've been having some fun witht he Beta now that I know the maps. Been doing really well and consitantly in the top 3 on my team. The beta does have its issues, but it is to be expected. It is a beta. I'm just sick of playing the same map now. I love the customization of the guns. The optics are much better IMO in BF3 than in BC2. I also like that the assault class has the Medic Abilities now. Has anyone found that it is hard to aim the Defilbulators to revive someone? I just can't wait to play this game on a nice open outdoor map.

Beano, Tell Super-C that I said thanks for the tags last night.

theczech99
10-03-2011, 09:22 AM
That observation was more for MPs that have been around for a while. Some have spent a lot of time playing both CoD and BC2 but we do have a lot of MPs that only play one or the other and the observation was more on their game play. I was in a squad with some of both types of players over the weekend and could tell a difference in how aggressive they attacked or lack of attacking. Iím not saying either one is better than the other just that both games usually have different playing styles. Defending can be ok for some mini camping because you can let the attackers come to you but when youíre attacking I can guarantee that laying prone and camping you will not win very many matches. I have yet to see a recon player laying in their base arm a mcom. Yes they may have a good kdr but winning is the objective to the game.

What will force the different playing styles is the kill cam that lets the victim know where their killer is located. Camping in this game is very dangerous unless you donít mind giving up your tags.

Most of the time I play like Forest Gump because Iím running everywhere I go.

RC your aim is probably fine it's just that the person your reviving must accept your revive before they pop up and you get points. When you get the instant revive points those are the glitches that shouldnít happen. You should hit them with the paddles then have to wait for the acceptance before the points show up.

Ullrsdog
10-03-2011, 09:26 AM
However, I also went and did the same last night on the 3rd set (where A is in the little room with the snack counter) I rushed through the room from the ticket booth side and got a squad eliminated bonus for knocking out Beano and his group...not sure if that's when I was on with Beano, Jacknight, Madlob, or if was some other MP's.

I remember what you are talking about. I came into the room to revive someone, and just as I did, you came in and blew us all away. You and your team were wreaking havoc behind the lines. On the last set if M-Comms, I had trouble making my way out of the building because you all had 2-3 guys in there.

YES IT WAS MADLOB!!!!! you crushed me all night...but oh well!! I think with what we know as a group we can really do a number on folks...lots has been learned on this map IMO...

Mad - question...the first night I played with you your tag said Madlob75...then last night it looks like you added a clan tag above your name MP isn't on the same line as the name? did you find that in Battle Log? I went in to edit my tag but couldnt see how to do that...anyway if you know what I am talking about let me know...I'd love to sport the MP clan tag! :cheers:

dinsdale1978
10-03-2011, 09:30 AM
[yt:1aeyh8jv]RP6E9-fchkY[/yt:1aeyh8jv]

Sorry for leaving the match last night but I want to test these tactics with enemies that don't know my tricks. :-o

Ullrsdog
10-03-2011, 09:31 AM
That observation was more for MPs that have been around for a while. Some have spent a lot of time playing both CoD and BC2 but we do have a lot of MPs that only play one or the other and the observation was more on their game play. I was in a squad with some of both types of players over the weekend and could tell a difference in how aggressive they attacked or lack of attacking. Iím not saying either one is better than the other just that both games usually have different playing styles. Defending can be ok for some mini camping because you can let the attackers come to you but when youíre attacking I can guarantee that laying prone and camping you will not win very many matches. I have yet to see a recon player laying in their base arm a mcom. Yes they may have a good kdr but winning is the objective to the game.

What will force the different playing styles is the kill cam that lets the victim know where their killer is located. Camping in this game is very dangerous unless you donít mind giving up your tags.

Most of the time I play like Forest Gump because Iím running everywhere I go.

RC your aim is probably fine it's just that the person your reviving must accept your revive before they pop up and you get points. When you get the instant revive points those are the glitches that shouldnít happen. You should hit them with the paddles then have to wait for the acceptance before the points show up.

Just messing with you Czech...I camp HARD while defending and then run as you say "like Forrest Gump" while attacking...but as a COD guys yes I noticed myself wanting to camp more while attacking at first but have come to learn that does NO GOOD...unless you just set the charge...

As for the Defib...I have had the best luck crouching and then zapping...but have been taken down in the act a bunch of times!

RC-1136
10-03-2011, 09:33 AM

Thanks, Czech. It is the glitch that got me confused. Sometimes they pop right up.

Psalm
10-03-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm a mostly COD player and I run around like Leroy Jenkins. I at least arm 2 or 4 Mcoms per match..
Now when it comes to defending...hells yes I either camp up the MComs and wait for the baby buffaloes.
But, if a Mcom gets planted, I take off and try to defuse.

Brian, its dangerous business putting players in a box and saying this is how they play. :hug:

theczech99
10-03-2011, 09:34 AM
...I'd love to sport the MP clan tag! :cheers:
Clan tag is added in battlelog.

xMisFitToyx
10-03-2011, 09:37 AM
Mad - question...the first night I played with you your tag said Madlob75...then last night it looks like you added a clan tag above your name MP isn't on the same line as the name? did you find that in Battle Log? I went in to edit my tag but couldnt see how to do that...anyway if you know what I am talking about let me know...I'd love to sport the MP clan tag! :cheers:

Did you join the Clan through Battlelog yet ... It may do it automatically when you join. :-?

BTW ... I tried my damnedest to join some of you guys last night ... it just won't let you join your friends. Without clan mates it is just no freakin fun. =((

dinsdale1978
10-03-2011, 09:40 AM

Thanks, Czech. It is the glitch that got me confused. Sometimes they pop right up.

The game puts anyone revived in a type of second chance from BlOps. They can fire their pistol before accepting the rev. Then they have to hold X

Madlob75
10-03-2011, 09:43 AM
@Ullrsdog

I went into Battlelog and edited my profile. Under "Soldier Settings" there is a blank space next to an avatar.

I don't know about crushing anyone, I saw your tags come up a lot as the person who nailed me. I should be on again late tonight for a couple of hours, maybe we can all get on the same team. If I didn't have to listen out for my girls, I would really like to get a headset, but I'm on toddler duty during game time.

theczech99
10-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Brian, its dangerous business putting players in a box and saying this is how they play. :hug:
Iím not trying to say someone needs to play one way or the other. Both ways can be very good when used together. BF games have a learning curve and it took me a long time to understand the game of rush and how to play. I hope more MPs will stick to playing BF because I love the objective based game of rush and the teamwork can be very rewarding. I feel if we donít work together we will become segregated and no one will be happy. Thatís what I donít want to happen. I donít want BC2 players only teaming up with BC2 players and CoD players only playing with CoD players leaving other guys out. I would like to see everyone mixing it up with each other because thatís the best way to learn new tactics and styles of playing. I'm sure we can all learn a thing or two from each other.

Psalm
10-03-2011, 10:02 AM
Iím not trying to say someone needs to play one way or the other. Both ways can be very good when used together. BF games have a learning curve and it took me a long time to understand the game of rush and how to play. I hope more MPs will stick to playing BF because I love the objective based game of rush and the teamwork can be very rewarding. I feel if we donít work together we will become segregated and no one will be happy. Thatís what I donít want to happen. I donít want BC2 players only teaming up with BC2 players and CoD players only playing with CoD players leaving other guys out. I would like to see everyone mixing it up with each other because thatís the best way to learn new tactics and styles of playing. I'm sure we can all learn a thing or two from each other.
+1 :applause:

Ullrsdog
10-03-2011, 10:14 AM

Did you join the Clan through Battlelog yet ... It may do it automatically when you join. :-?

BTW ... I tried my damnedest to join some of you guys last night ... it just won't let you join your friends. Without clan mates it is just no freakin fun. =((

For what it's worth I can only join the Friend that is in the BOTTOM slot? WTF I know makes no sense but every time I click on the bottom guy I go right into the match :-?

theczech99
10-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Back to the war stories! I unlocked Johnny 5 last night but didnít get to use it much at all. I think itís a total POS when attacking unless itís possible to load his ass down with C4 and send him on a suicide mission. Itís a lot like using the RC car in BO as far how itís deployed and used. First off it was hard to control and will take some time getting this down. I tried the FP view and tried to road kill a few people only to get him shot and killed. You can use a third person view too but never got a chance to drive it that way. After the game I was in attacking was over I was planning on placing it near A on the first set of mcoms when defending, find a corner and hide. I wanted to try to disarm the objective once it was armed to see if it worked or maybe burn up some guys camping after they armed. The only problem was the game was unbalanced so it put me on the attackersí team again and I never got to defend with it. A little later my game froze up on me so I just shut it down for the night.

Ullrsdog
10-03-2011, 10:17 AM
[yt:3v3wdik3]RP6E9-fchkY[/yt:3v3wdik3]

Sorry for leaving the match last night but I want to test these tactics with enemies that don't know my tricks. :-o

Dins...watched this a few times mainly th 620-635 section...you don't die with a JFK's Magic bullet...when you get shot your health meter says (or looks like it says) 2%...could be 20% but looks like 2...just an FYI...Other than that...NOW I GET IT...you rank up so fast cause you BEAST!!! I was wondering but a good match for me I will be in the 20's for kills and you hit 40 something in this one...

OHH and I forgot to add...I want to see your tag collection...I think you missed a few in the room up there :)) but next time! :))