View Full Version : Cross-Game Chat Never Coming to PS3

Borlaxx
08-19-2011, 11:41 AM
:(

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1189293p1.html

Please, no 360 fanboy trolling.

theczech99
08-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Why add it now when they are already working on the PS4. That will prob be one of its selling points.

Jackie R
08-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Why add it now when they are already working on the PS4. That will prob be one of its selling points.
Could be but personally, cross-game chat was never an issue for me. As long as it's easy to hook up and clearly communicate with friends who are playing the same game, I'm cool. B-)

Borlaxx
08-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Well, it could be really good for BF games that limit your chat to people in your squad, and if you have more than one squad you can't talk to each other, unlike on the 360 where they can all chat together because of the party chat. Still, like you said, it isn't an issue with most games, more of an issue with BF games.

theczech99
08-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Well, it could be really good for BF games that limit your chat to people in your squad, and if you have more than one squad you can't talk to each other, unlike on the 360 where they can all chat together because of the party chat. Still, like you said, it isn't an issue with most games, more of an issue with BF games.
I think BF3 is adding some type of cross squad chat but for PC only. Hold down a button on the keyboard to broadcast to everyone. Kind of like RDR where you hit a direction on the thumb pad to talk to everyone.