PDA

View Full Version : Forza 4

Retro
08-26-2011, 11:42 AM
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/118/1188084p1.html

Retro
08-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Damn you EA!!!

Porsche cars will not appear in Forza 4, following Electronic Arts' decision to block any deal between the German car's agents and Microsoft.

EA owns the rights to videogame depictions of Porsche cars. In the past, the company has negotiated deals that allowed the cars to appear in games from rival publishers, such as Forza 3.

EA's focus on its Shift driving series and Need for Speed has likely persuaded bosses to keep other games away from the popular Porsche autos.

At the Forza blog, Dan Greenawalt, creative director at the game's developer Turn 10, fumed, "This kills me...Since the beginning of the Forza franchise, the Porsche license has been available only through a sub-licensing deal with EA. In Forza 3, we were able to feature more than 35 different Porsche models by offering to collaborate with EA. For Forza 4, we were looking forward to adding even more Porsche cars. In the end, however, EA couldn't see their way towards collaborating again.

"We've asked our contacts at EA to reconsider their position frequently and regularly over the last 18 months. We also reached out to various influential people in gaming to lobby on our behalf, and on your behalf, but that was to no avail.

He added, "In our business, we stay friendly with all of the manufacturers and licensors necessary to deliver players rich and innovative automotive experiences. As you'd expect, this includes quite a few key people in Porsche circles. To make sure we tried everything, we consulted with these advocates and were happy to find they were already aware of the situation and lobbying from within on behalf of Forza 4--and, despite the result, we thank them for their efforts.

"While we respect EA's need to run their business as they see fit, we've regularly collaborated in the past and hope we can find our way back to that approach."

Could be that the EA move might lead to more auto franchise blocking wars between publishers of racing games. Greenawalt added, "Forza had the exclusive license for all Ferrari cars, for example, on the Xbox and PC platforms. But at the end of the day, we've always found that we just weren't willing to block other racing games from having Ferraris outright, as we believed that this would do nothing but hurt the racing ecosystem."

Retro
08-26-2011, 11:50 AM
[yt:35sxxq26]7BTo-Wzdong[/yt:35sxxq26]

TrojanTeacher
08-27-2011, 12:11 AM
Wow, no Porche? Sucks!

Retro
09-01-2011, 12:18 PM
No Porsche, but there will be the 1973 Ford XB Falcon GT!!!! Mad Max for the win!!!!

Retro
09-05-2011, 04:23 PM
[yt:1axz48pe]669RQHEwgpQ[/yt:1axz48pe]

Retro
09-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Probably putting this one on hold for a bit. I've been debating whether to get this of NBA 2K12 on launch day and I'm leaning towards NBA (for today anyways). Just can't justify buying 3 new games in a single month with the BF3 coming out at the end of the month.

Damn it. Oh well there's nothing good coming out in November right?

Harshfence
10-13-2011, 09:47 AM
So who has Forza 4?
Are there any other racing game geeks like me out there? :)

TonkaToys
10-13-2011, 10:04 AM
There was a big launch here in London, with 20 Supercars driving around...

This picture in this article is the street next to where I work.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/v ... ml?image=2 (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/Picture-galleries/8824250/Forza-4-motorcade-hits-London.html?image=2)

Harshfence
10-13-2011, 10:11 AM
That is sweet. It would have been an awesome sight to see a line of cars like that drive by!!

TonkaToys
10-13-2011, 10:12 AM
The sound... wow!

TrojanTeacher
10-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Retro and I might be getting it soon.

Harshfence
10-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Retro and I might be getting it soon.

Sweet. I love the simulation racers. When I was a playstation guy, I played the heck out of GT, GT2, and GT3. Then, I "graduated" to the 360 and now I play Forza. I think I actually like it better.

TrojanTeacher
10-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Yeah, Retro likes Forza better that GT. He was a big GT fan, but once he got his hands on Forza, he was all in. I need to message him to see if he's gonna get it, but I think he wanted to get BF3 first before he moved into the racing circuit again.

xTheDoubleTapx
10-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Has anyone created a car club yet on forza? I tried creating one for team mp members and it says it already exists and I cant create it? :-?

Harshfence
10-14-2011, 02:11 PM
I have not. I was thinking of doing that as well, but I had not yet done it. I am in one with a member here named YourDaddy777 currently. If someone gets a club created, I will join for sure.

TrojanTeacher
10-14-2011, 04:24 PM
I don't have the game yet, but I'm planning on getting it. It will be the first racing game I've had in years. Like, literally, 10 years.

xTheDoubleTapx
10-18-2011, 09:07 AM
I created a club, club name - TEAM MP, clan tag xMPx, its a private club so you have to search it and I have to accept you :cheers:

Harshfence
10-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Sweet. I will have to quit my team and hop in there. :)
I will take a look tonight to find it.

medicalwaste75
10-18-2011, 09:59 PM
I was at best buy last weekend, looking at the MS speed wheel and Forza 4 demo unit. BB had buy both and get $25 gift card back, so I was really tempted. That speed wheel looks stupid but it works so well. I drove the demo unit and fell in love with the controller. I think I will get the game and the controller when the time is right, but for now, I am just waiting for BF3; only reason I did not pick up forza last week.

This week, Toysrus have buy 2 get 1 free for games and accessories... damn.. This just might be the right time.

TrojanTeacher
10-19-2011, 03:58 PM
A driving wheel? Hm..do they have flight sticks for the 360?

xTheDoubleTapx
10-19-2011, 04:28 PM
heck yes they have flight stick for the 360....i think they came out with them for assault horizon

TrojanTeacher
10-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Hm...this might make the inner-chopper whore in me come out. Not to mention jet whoring. Still waiting on Forza, I might get it after I finish Brotherhood.

NutsFathead
10-22-2011, 10:05 AM
http://i52.tinypic.com/9aputc.jpg

its not finish yet and still needs some work

Harshfence
10-22-2011, 12:12 PM

Sweet. I haven't done much with the paint and decals in this one yet. Are you able to import the images or do you need to create them piece by piece? I would like to add the icon to most of my favorite cars in some way. :)

NutsFathead
10-22-2011, 12:37 PM

Sweet. I haven't done much with the paint and decals in this one yet. Are you able to import the images or do you need to create them piece by piece? I would like to add the icon to most of my favorite cars in some way. :)
you have to create it piece by piece with squares and sh*t so it kind of a pain in the backside but i can gift it to you wen i get it finish i will send it to you it

Harshfence
10-22-2011, 12:49 PM

you have to create it piece by piece with squares and sh*t so it kind of a pain in the backside but i can gift it to you wen i get it finish i will send it to you it

Sweet! Thanks!!
Did you join the car club that DoubleTap created? I sent him a message to invite me to it, but I have not been in the game since to see if I am there.

NutsFathead
10-22-2011, 12:52 PM
yea i joined he might have sent you an invite waitin for you to accept

Harshfence
10-22-2011, 12:53 PM
yea i joined he might have sent you an invite waitin for you to accept

Cool. I will have to hop on there later today.

NutsFathead
10-23-2011, 02:06 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/4gkak0.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/kd0qjd.jpg

finished car

Harshfence
10-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Sweet! I like it. I received your image. Thanks!!!
I will have to do up a few of my favorite cars next time I am on there. :)
I really like the Fiesta too. I use it for the Class C races.

NutsFathead
10-24-2011, 12:35 AM
Sweet! I like it. I received your image. Thanks!!!
I will have to do up a few of my favorite cars next time I am on there. :)
I really like the Fiesta too. I use it for the Class C races.

i use my fiesta for most race under A class its a good alrounder car

Retro
12-01-2011, 12:30 PM
How deep are the design tools in Forza? The video is from Forza 3, but Forza 4 will have slightly better tools. The video is a time lapse of the artist drawing Bruce Lee.

[yt:3glc7m2d]2-RcjytGdJ4&feature=related[/yt:3glc7m2d]

Retro
12-01-2011, 12:40 PM
This one is from Forza 4.

[yt:1jl245k8]d0SnNROxKFs[/yt:1jl245k8]

Raider
12-01-2011, 01:00 PM

[yt:2d2endbp]d0SnNROxKFs[/yt:2d2endbp]

SWEET!!!!! Love it!

Major Stains
12-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Am I right in thinking this is in a racing game? Wow, wow, and more WOW :-o

That would just about eat ALL my spare time

Retro
12-01-2011, 02:55 PM

Yup there is racing too, and it's awesome.

The depth for creativity and customization is fantastic. I did hear that they are looking to add custom tracks in the next game, though that's a few years away.

I love just setting hot laps on the Top Gear track. You can every drive the Kia Cee'd and try to beat the celebrity times.

Toxic Avenger72
12-01-2011, 03:31 PM

[yt:d7jfg35b]d0SnNROxKFs[/yt:d7jfg35b]

Nice! :-bd Looks like you can purchase the final design on some cars. :-? Damn, I almost bought this over the weekend when it was $39.

Retro
12-01-2011, 03:37 PM
The in-game store allows you to buy/sell anything. Tuner sets, vinyl sets, photos or complete cars that you have modded/painted or tuned. You can use your in game credits to buy stuff and make more credits for selling them. You can alos make trades by "gifting" certain items to people you want to trade with.

Raider
12-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Your selling me! The only problem is I love racing games, but quickly grow tired of them because a lack of depth. I would hate to get into this game so much, that it keeps me away from the battlefield enough to where I lose interest in BF3. I've always had a gaming habit of just really getting into one game and trying to master it. That's why I have had short lived games like Madden 12 (though I still have it) and Dirt 3 (which I still have). Then though I don't play them after about a month of having them, I don't have the nerve to trade them in....and when I finally have the nerve to trade them in because some game that I thought was worth trading them in on, they aint worth shit for trade-in value. Then, I feel guilty afterwards for trading them in for such little money. I'm thinking about trading in Dirt 3 for Forza 4 though. I only need one racing game right?! :-?? LOL

Retro
12-02-2011, 07:08 PM
I play the hell out of a game for a few weeks and then I tend to put it on the shelf for awhile then come back to them. Right now I'm playing Forza 4, NCAA 12 and Fallout 3 on 360 and The Saboteur on PS3. Next week I'll probably be playing Forza 4, NHL 12 and BF3.
I like mixing it up, keeps me from getting tired of a game.

Harshfence
12-04-2011, 08:35 AM

Yup there is racing too, and it's awesome.

The depth for creativity and customization is fantastic. I did hear that they are looking to add custom tracks in the next game, though that's a few years away.

I love just setting hot laps on the Top Gear track. You can every drive the Kia Cee'd and try to beat the celebrity times.

I really enjoy that too. I have done the same thing on the Top Gear track too. I have probably raced around that track for 30 minutes to an hour straight (on multiple occasions and in different cars) trying to beat my best time. LOL
I like trying to increase my times and world rankings. That is where the real replay value is, to me.

I have not played it really since BF3 came out though. I love the game, but other games get in the way. :(