PDA

View Full Version : 2010 - 2011 NFL Season

Raider
09-07-2011, 10:32 PM
I wanted to start this thread for general discussion throughout the season about games, your favorite teams and such. I wanted to post this video, which was the last time my favorite team was on top.....WOW!!!!!!....It really has been a long time. This video is awesome and full of retro goodies, such as superbowl commercials of 1983.......You could buy a new buick Skylark for $7,000. lol, or the TWA commercial and the 39cent cheeseburgers at BK. The topper was seeing Ronald Reagan in a split screen live phone call with Tom Flores, congratulating him. That conversation had me laughing! This is a must watch! Feel free to post your favorite video or highlights of your team as well.

[yt:r2x7elky]SV6DbL2KCBM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/yt:r2x7elky]

oreon87
09-07-2011, 11:26 PM
o man im a charger fan thru and thru. and i hate the raiders ONLY because to go see the chargers now i have to buy 2 tickets just so we wont get any oakland fans down this way.

Raider
09-08-2011, 10:59 AM
o man im a charger fan thru and thru. and i hate the raiders ONLY because to go see the chargers now i have to buy 2 tickets just so we wont get any oakland fans down this way.

lol, I hear ya! eraseNsd on here is a Chargers fan too. My Dad and step dad are both Chargers fans as well......makes for interesting games to watch for sure. And I'll be the first to admit that a good majority of Raiders fans are pricks.....sucks, but I think it comes with the genre of the Raiders.

shady504
09-08-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm so pumped for the season to get rolling tonight. Everywhere I go today I see peeps rocking their Saints gear. Tonight should be a great game. My little guy is 10 weeks old and we're breaking out the Saints onesie for tonight.

WHO DAT!!!

Raider
09-08-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm so pumped for the season to get rolling tonight. Everywhere I go today I see peeps rocking their Saints gear. Tonight should be a great game. My little guy is 10 weeks old and we're breaking out the Saints onesie for tonight.

WHO DAT!!!

I like the Saints, I hope they spank those cheese-heads!

CB-40
09-08-2011, 12:38 PM
I'll I can say is...hallelujah football is kicking off!!!1 :party:

My team (Seahawks) is going to suck this year (and for a few more probably) =(( but I've resigned myself to that so I'm just looking forward to good games by someone else :D . Tonight should be a good one.

LandShark
09-08-2011, 01:16 PM
The packers win by 8

Retro
09-08-2011, 02:57 PM
G-MEN!!!!!!!!!! (oh man this is going to be a rough year. #-o )

Retro
09-08-2011, 03:01 PM
With my Giants looking like they will have a rough year I'm going to be really watching 3 teams that I think have a chance to be on top in the next few years.

I've been saying it for a couple years now, the Lions and Rams in the next couple seasons will be dominant and could very likely be in the playoffs this year. More likely the Rams get in with playing in a weak division.

The Browns are my 3rd team on the rise. They are building a nice core of young talent. They are probably about 2 years behind the Lions and Rams though.

shady504
09-08-2011, 03:32 PM
The packers win by 8

Not tonight my friend..... Saints pull it out.

WHO DAT !!!

PS - I just heard Manning had his 3rd neck surgery today so it may be a long one for Colts fans this year.

LandShark
09-08-2011, 03:33 PM
hope your right shady, i much rather see nawlins win than GB.

Sux for Peyton and the colts!

shady504
09-08-2011, 10:50 PM
The packers win by 8

You need to go buy a powerball ticket. You nailed it on this one.

At least it got interesting at the end.

oreon87
09-09-2011, 01:26 AM
The packers win by 8

You need to go buy a powerball ticket. You nailed it on this one.

At least it got interesting at the end.

LANDSHARK!!! tell me what the lotto numbers are for next week. JEEZ i hate the packers with a passion but my san diego super chargers have got to go all the way this year. new coaches, few key new players, and THE best quarterback in the game. I know i got this in the bag.

LandShark
09-09-2011, 06:48 AM
ill be selling my upcoming picks for...BEER

CELockwood
09-09-2011, 07:08 AM
With my Giants looking like they will have a rough year I'm going to be really watching 3 teams that I think have a chance to be on top in the next few years.

I've been saying it for a couple years now, the Lions and Rams in the next couple seasons will be dominant and could very likely be in the playoffs this year. More likely the Rams get in with playing in a weak division.

The Browns are my 3rd team on the rise. They are building a nice core of young talent. They are probably about 2 years behind the Lions and Rams though.

I agree with the Browns comment. Strange as it is, they've sucked for so long, but I think they're going to be fun to watch this year and competitive next year.

LandShark
09-09-2011, 07:12 AM
I like Colt(even though he is a longhorn), so I hope they do good too

TrojanTeacher
09-09-2011, 01:07 PM
My favorite team...DAH RAYDAHZZZZZ!!!!

Hate the Chargers (cuz I have to, of course).

@CB: I hope the Seahawks whoop some 49er ass!!!

Oh yeah, I picked the Packers to win last night and it almost didn't happen. What a game.

CELockwood
09-09-2011, 01:20 PM
My favorite team...DAH RAYDAHZZZZZ!!!!

Hate the Chargers (cuz I have to, of course).

Oh yeah, I picked the Packers to win last night and it almost didn't happen. What a game.

Great game. I picked them too. First year in a while that I'm in multiple fantasy/pick'em leagues. If I do well, I might retire with the proceeds...

CB-40
09-09-2011, 11:31 PM
Me too teach, me too since it will be one of the few legit chances they have to get a win this year. Tough schedule since they were the nfc west "champion" last year and won the wildcard. Oh, that and Tavaris Jackson ISN'T the answer at QB :sick:

oreon87
09-10-2011, 12:57 AM
i wanna keep a close eye on the browns and lions, even the fantasy draft was saying they could actually do something positive this year and with so many cuts and trades with the bigger teams they may have a chance... but chargers and still gonna take it and the raiders are still gonna come in LAST!!!! :tongue: :tongue:

Bongtoker A2
09-20-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm a Detroit Lions fan, I have not been able to admit that for several years. This year they finally have enough talent to compete in the NFL. If Stafford stays healthy,he will have a break out year and watch out for Megatron. As for the Lions and the Playoffs, I think this guy says it best. http://youtu.be/p3-eavMSBnk

Raider
09-20-2011, 02:07 PM
i wanna keep a close eye on the browns and lions, even the fantasy draft was saying they could actually do something positive this year and with so many cuts and trades with the bigger teams they may have a chance... but chargers and still gonna take it and the raiders are still gonna come in LAST!!!! :tongue: :tongue:

Raiders come in last? Well, it's week 2 and so far the Raiders are sitting at the top of the division. At least this week, I don't know where the Raiders will be after the next 2 weeks vs. Jets and then Patriots.. @-) :-ss

PS, all I know is if by some miracle the Raiders beat both the Jets and Patriots for 2 w's, any trash talk from Chargers or Broncos fans will mean absolutely nothing. :D

Bongtoker A2
09-20-2011, 02:17 PM

Raiders come in last? Well, it's week 2 and so far the Raiders are sitting at the top of the division. At least this week, I don't know where the Raiders will be after the next 2 weeks vs. Jets and then Patriots.. @-) :-ss

PS, all I know is if by some miracle the Raiders beat both the Jets and Patriots for 2 w's, any trash talk from Chargers or Broncos fans will mean absolutely nothing. :D
The Raiders beating Tom Brady and the Pats... =)) =)) Maybe if they still had Namdi and C Woodson. Good luck though, I would like to see the Raiders get good again before Al kicks the bucket. :cheers:

Raider
09-20-2011, 02:34 PM
@ Toker the overall Record for the Raiders vs. Patriots since they first met is tied at 14 games a piece with 1 tie. Whoever wins this game the week after next will hold the advantage for the series.

The Raiders are on top of the Chargers in their series 57 games to 44 with 2 ties.

The Raiders over the Broncos 60 games to 42 with 2 ties

The Chiefs are over the Raiders 54 games to 48 with 2 ties (If the Chiefs continue the path their on, the Raiders will be back on top in a couple of years)

Bongtoker A2
09-20-2011, 03:21 PM
@ Toker the overall Record for the Raiders vs. Patriots since they first met is tied at 14 games a piece with 1 tie. Whoever wins this game the week after next will hold the advantage for the series.

The Raiders are on top of the Chargers in their series 57 games to 44 with 2 ties.

The Chiefs are over the Raiders 54 games to 48 with 2 ties (If the Chiefs continue the path their on, the Raiders will be back on top in a couple of years)
Yea, I would suspect that the Raiders have a good win/loss record vs. just about any team in the League. They were a dominant team back in the day. They did have that good team a few years back when they lost to the Pats because of the tuck rule, when Woodson Made the play on Brady. I think they are up and coming and their Division is weak. Back in the day I was a huge Raiders fan, Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen in Tecmo Super Bowl unstoppable. I also, still contend Bo would have been one of the best RB's ever, if not for the injury. I still remember seeing Bo get hurt and when I found out he could never play football again, it really was devastating to me.

Raider
09-20-2011, 03:50 PM

Yea, I would suspect that the Raiders have a good win/loss record vs. just about any team in the League. They were a dominant team back in the day. They did have that good team a few years back when they lost to the Pats because of the tuck rule, when Woodson Made the play on Brady. I think they are up and coming and their Division is weak. Back in the day I was a huge Raiders fan, Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen in Tecmo Super Bowl unstoppable. I also, still contend Bo would have been one of the best RB's ever, if not for the injury. I still remember seeing Bo get hurt and when I found out he could never play football again, it really was devastating to me.

Same here. I remember looking over at my stapdads face and both of our jaws were hanging to the floor.

shady504
09-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Raiders may get back to glory one day........ as long as you don't draft any more QBs that like the purple drank.....

Raider
09-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Raiders may get back to glory one day........ as long as you don't draft any more QBs that like the purple drank.....

LOL

Raider
09-22-2011, 08:03 AM
Okay, can anyone explain to some of these idiots that they have made it to the big show, a special league that only a few are ever a privilege to be a part of. It's a damn shame when people are so stupid to throw away a good career for this. Simply amazing. [-(

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... line_stack (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822750c8/article/feds-home-of-bengals-simpson-a-pot-distribution-center?module=HP11_headline_stack)

Bongtoker A2
09-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Okay, can anyone explain to some of these idiots that they have made it to the big show, a special league that only a few are ever a privilege to be a part of. It's a damn shame when people are so stupid to throw away a good career for this. Simply amazing. [-(

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... line_stack (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822750c8/article/feds-home-of-bengals-simpson-a-pot-distribution-center?module=HP11_headline_stack)
I agree Raider, 2 lbs through the mail,are you kidding me. The worst part is they found 6 more lbs at the house but, no arrests have been made. 8-}

Retro
01-16-2012, 02:28 AM
GIANTS!!!!!!!

Sunday in Green Bay and all season long was Eli giving a big FU to all his critics! Can't believe all those who have said over the last 8 years that Philip Rivers is a better QB than Eli. =))

Playoffs:
Eli
6 wins, 3 losses
2015 passing yards
15 TD's
8 INT's
1 SB

Rivers
4 wins, 5 losses
1968 passing yards
9 TD's
10 INT's
Never even been to a SB.

CB-40
01-16-2012, 10:45 AM
The G men definitely brought it yesterday. Eli was making some great decisions and throws for sure. Rodgers was out of sync all day and I think they dropped more passes in one game than they did all season. Next week should be a great game in SF.

And honestly, glad that Tebow time has come to an end. Mostly because the press forgot Denver has a TEAM. When they won, Tebow got the credit, when they lost he did too. When the headline says "Pats bury Tebow" that's a mis-statement. Yes he played horrible (I am not one of his fans on the field) but last I checked he doesn't play D. IMO the rise and fall of the Broncos was as much about D as T.

The conf championships should be doozies! :D

RC-1136
01-16-2012, 11:07 AM
I don't even want to hear the Eli/Philip Rivers debate anymore. It is over. Eli wins. It is not even close. Except for the pick in the 1st half, Eli made every big play he needed to yesterday. Rivers is working with a Offensive Genious in Turner (he sucks as a head coach, though), Eli is working with a mediocre Offensive Coordinator at best and a below average running game.

RC-1136
01-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Gronkowski or however you spell that guys name is just a Beast!!! That catch he made was ridiculous and not saying it was better than others but being a TE and moving and catching like he does...

He is a defiantely match up problem. D backs aren't big enough to cover him and linebackers are too slow. A beast is a great description for him.

LandShark
01-22-2012, 02:26 PM
NE by 17and vs ravens.

Retro
01-22-2012, 03:02 PM
If the Ravens get pressure on Brady early like the Giants did, they can knock off the Pats with ease. But if they give Brady time, bye bye Baltimore.

The 49ers have me concerned, they look so good this year. If the Giants can keep Vernon Davis out, I think they can win. But if Davis gets seperation, it could be a long day for NY.

LandShark
01-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Im betting on giants to win game

Retro
01-22-2012, 10:36 PM
G G G G G G G G-MEN!