PDA

View Full Version : Rugby World Cup

TonkaToys
09-09-2011, 04:58 AM
Anyone watching this - it looks like the Kiwi's will have this sewn up; they usually bottle it in the World Cup, but this is their home turf.

Here are my predictions

Winner: New Zealand
Runner Up: Australia
Bronze: South Africa
4th: England

Quarters: Wales, France, Ireland, Argentina

I think USA and Canada have the hardest pools, but would love to see an upset by them!

:cheers:

oreon87
09-09-2011, 05:21 AM
tonka i think AU is taken it but yea USA and rugby are like fat people and running. they just dont work out =)) =))

TonkaToys
09-09-2011, 08:56 AM
tonka i think AU is taken it but yea USA and rugby are like fat people and running. they just dont work out =)) =))

All it takes for you guys to become a major power in this game is for it to gain a following; I've seen how your football (sorry, soccer :D ) team has been leaping up the international rankings since the USA hosted the World Cup in 1994.

Anyway, good luck the USA Eagles and the Canucks.

johnboy
09-09-2011, 09:23 AM
I think you're probably about right Tonks, although we normally put up quite a fight these days in the world cup, unlike the overpayed useless England footy team. I think 2nd and 3rd could be either Oz or SA. Would be nice to see England in the final again though, we wuz robbed last time!

dadafett
09-09-2011, 08:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz6kVO_Ofjs

Don't know much about rugby, but this (haka) is just the manliest -- saw the kiwis do this for a tribal chieftain in Afghanistan as a greeting -- full battle rattle = scary impressive.

TonkaToys
09-12-2011, 08:06 AM
@dada See if you can see the NZ vs. Tonga match, 2 Hakas for the price of one! They've got different Hakas for each pacific region.
I still think the English should do a Morris Dance in return.

[yt:2i1crqxx]aGZH5xTrbaQ[/yt:2i1crqxx]

@ags That's one of the toughest groups - Japan nearly stole it from France!

England were lucky at the weekend - must be that awful black strip they're wearing.

dadafett
09-12-2011, 10:07 AM
:)) =)) :)) :(( :)) =)) :)) =))

johnboy
09-12-2011, 10:25 AM
Good idea Charlie, put them to sleep before we start. Either that of they'll be out of breath from laughing so much we'll have an advantage.

Major Stains
09-12-2011, 06:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz6kVO_Ofjs

Don't know much about rugby, but this (haka) is just the manliest -- saw the kiwis do this for a tribal chieftain in Afghanistan as a greeting -- full battle rattle = scary impressive.

Back in '97, I lived and worked on a Maori farm/settlement in the S.Island of New Zealand.
As way of welcoming us onto their land, they performed a Haka.
With their incredible ink tats and war faces, it was, hands down, one of the most intimidating things I've ever witnessed.
Beautifully proud people.
(Funnily, they warmed to me after knowing I had Irish blood, as they could relate with the struggle that the Irish have had with the English over the years. I felt quite uncomfortable in some pubs, with an English accent - Oh the actions of our forefathers are not always our own!)

Back to topic. I'm not sure if he will see much of the ball, but I went to college with this guy http://www.rfu.com/SquadsAndPlayers/EnglandElite/SimonShaw.aspx,
and he was a giant amongst men even back then.

TonkaToys
09-13-2011, 07:41 AM
He's a beast of a man - I'm glad he made the cut this year.

TonkaToys
09-14-2011, 06:57 PM
WOOT.... Canada wins their opener.... :cheers:

Yay! Let's hope they keep up the momentum and cause an upset in their group.
Haven't the Canucks decided not to shave or something?

TonkaToys
09-15-2011, 05:23 PM
You can picture the thoughts of the opposition... "blimey that's a grizzly bear coming at me!"

TonkaToys
09-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Well the Haka has come on a bit in the last 28 years...
=))

[yt:3m54t9l4]emJyEa4z2Ec[/yt:3m54t9l4]

Less :-ss and more @-) x_x