PDA

View Full Version : Not trying to start a flame war.....

Pwizzle99
09-11-2011, 08:34 AM
......but I'm trying to decide if I want to get bf3 for my ps3 or my 360.
I've played bf2 with mostly 360 ppl, and while there are alot of players playing usually, it seems to be hard to get on a squad with other MP's unless you luck up and get online at the same time as others initially get on.

So my question is this.....is it hard to team up with other MP's on the ps3 in the same way? I'm probably going to get MW3 for whichever console that I don't get bf3 to play on.

DayliteMag
09-11-2011, 08:38 AM
Hey JSG, I think it will be hard to predict before the game comes out. We've been actively recruiting new members and I bet that will heat up once the game drops, so it's a bit of a crap shoot at this stage. If you don't mind waiting (I would) then try holding off until things settle down. I think there will be a large group of MP-XBOX'ers playing BF3, so your concerns are likely valid. That said, the same might happen on the PS3 side. Hey! Why not just buy if for both systems and save yourself the aggravation of having to decide.

Pwizzle99
09-11-2011, 08:41 AM
Howdy mag. To answer your question as simply as I can....because the fiance' will kill me. Lol

theczech99
09-11-2011, 10:43 AM
I never have problems joining MPs when playing BC2. Sometimes I may have to play one round as the op4 but always make it to the same side as everyone else. I like joining my friendsí side but we do have a few people for some reason like to play as the op4 and will never change sides. Most of the time when that happens itís usually not a clan member but a friend of he clan. With the release of BF3 this could become a problem whit a large group of people playing. Right now we have several MPs that rarely visit the site to add their names to the preorder list but are getting the game. When BF3 is released we will probably have enough people to fill up to 3 full teams at one time counting MPs and friends of the clan.

I'll try to get with people that rarely/never visit the forum and friends of the clan to find out if they have preordered BF3 so we'll have a better headcount of people that will be playing.

CELockwood
09-11-2011, 12:31 PM
I've had zero problems joining MP'ers on the xbox. Occassionally, I'll have to wait for a match to finish and the normal turnover at the end, but it is very rare for me to have to squad with randoms with MP's are playing.

Generally, someone will split off from a full squad to make sure everyone has at least one MP squad mate.

dinsdale1978
09-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Both sides are easy to join up with teams but the 360 does have that nifty party system. However, I can say that I have rarely ever had a problem finding a spot on the PS3.

Pwizzle99
09-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Thats true....i forgot about the party system. Think that may have made up my mind right there. Because I can always party up even if not on the same squad.
Thanks.

sniperella
09-11-2011, 05:35 PM
I say, go with the 360, if you can't get into a game with us, just wait a few, but make sure someone knows you are waiting, if the party is full, message one of us, and we will send an invite and get you asap. Also, if the party is full, message one of us, and we can start a second party so that way everyone has someone to talk too! Sometimes I spend the majority of a match just making sure everyone is in game, in a squad, and able to communicate! ;)

CELockwood
09-11-2011, 07:30 PM
I say, go with the 360, if you can't get into a game with us, just wait a few, but make sure someone knows you are waiting, if the party is full, message one of us, and we will send an invite and get you asap. Also, if the party is full, message one of us, and we can start a second party so that way everyone has someone to talk too! Sometimes I spend the majority of a match just making sure everyone is in game, in a squad, and able to communicate! ;)

...and kicking undesirables...

Ullrsdog
09-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Thats true....i forgot about the party system. Think that may have made up my mind right there. Because I can always party up even if not on the same squad.
Thanks.

I have never had a problem getting a party started on the PS3 for BLOPS. Before joing here I had a group of freinds that would get on every so often and we'd get a team of six together in one party and just wait for 6 randoms to join...maybe I am speaking out of turn as I have no clue how BF works with partys / squads / teams...just saying though I haven't had issues joining groups on PS3 while playing BLOPS.

oreon87
09-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Ullrsdog, there talking about the voice party the xbox has. Because on BC2 you can only talk to your squad which is 4 people. but thanks to xbox's voice chat party thingy you can talk to 8 people and not have to worry about whose squad your on.

Ullrsdog
09-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Ullrsdog, there talking about the voice party the xbox has. Because on BC2 you can only talk to your squad which is 4 people. but thanks to xbox's voice chat party thingy you can talk to 8 people and not have to worry about whose squad your on.

Yup like I said no clue what I am talking about...thanks Oreon87...figured it might be something like that...thus the out of turn comment. OH Well foot in mouth AGAIN!

oreon87
09-22-2011, 04:31 PM
just thought i would let you know since i have both a ps3 and xbox and play both regularly. the xbox has a few good things about it like the voice party system just like the ps3 has good things like not having to pay to play. Blops is the same on either console because you can start a party and talk to everyone on your team but since there's usually 10-14 ppl playing on the xbox side its nice to have that extra 2 ppl in your voice party so you can still talk to them even if there on the other team.

Ullrsdog
09-22-2011, 04:39 PM
No worries...just something I know nothing about and I let that show. But I don't care about that I just wanted to make sure folks weren't just talking about party's rather than chat...

Anyway thanks for clearing it up...for me at least.

sam007
09-22-2011, 04:43 PM
Besides the party chat, which I have no experience with XBOX, but just looking a the stats of the two consoles, XBOX prefers to play Hardcore as with the PS3 guys, I can say we prefer to play core mode. More shooting less camping cause they cannot hide from kill cam.

With BC2 being near the end or at the end of its life span, getting into games now with MP's on your side is fairly easy, back when this game was in it's prime, forget about it, cause you would have to wait till the end of the game or someone drops out and then you may still be on OpFor.

I say use the Beta to see which side is to your liking, its just gonna suck having to add all those PS3 names to your list. :devil:

Ullrsdog
09-22-2011, 04:48 PM
I say use the Beta to see which side is to your liking, its just gonna suck having to add all those PS3 names to your list. :devil:[/quote]

Say what! I am done adding the BF3 Folks...the rest of the list hey that'll take some time FOR SURE :-ss